New Orleans (CVnU)

_Rose_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@pyrogram:

Nope, torture + torture doesn't equal not torture. I just want Blake to kick her in the face :S

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 1

#752  Edited By Pyrogram
@_rose_ said:

Nope, torture + torture doesn't equal not torture.

Bah, boring!

_Rose_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram:

Besides, why do you wanna torture her? You aren't Quietus or whatever his name is anymore :P

Rafael_Romeiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@natalia_dante:

Rafael was a nostalgic man, at least to a certain extent. It didn't require much incentive for him to indulge in all manner of things that reminded him of the warmer aspects of his childhood. Strolling about the floral encompassment of public parks was one such pastime. The rich, fresh earthy scent of soil, the saccharine aroma from surrounding flowers, the gentle breeze brushing through his silky raven locks, the symphonic chirps of wandering birds. He enjoyed it all. Unfortunately, his erratic schedule didn't permit a visit during the day, replacing the musically chirping birds that thrive in daylight, with the rhythmic yet mundane chirping of stray crickets. Nurturing daylight was replaced by the faint touch of twinkling moonlight.

"I wish Valerie was here", he murmured to himself, a cool sigh escaping his casual, Nike-clad person. And indeed he did. Few things matched the perpetual bliss of enjoying the solitude of an empty park in the company of the golden-haired love of his life. And truly nothing compared to sharing a kiss with the Huntington Heiress under the illuminating romanticism of a full moon. And as he thought of his doting girlfriend, his most iconic statement during interviews regarding their relationship succinctly popped up in his mind, 'What I love is my family. My feelings for Valerie are much greater'. And they certainly were. Reaching into his pocket, his right hand emerging with his alabaster, iPhone 5S, Rafael's intention of sending a quick, affectionate text the White Queen's way came to an abrupt halt.

The sound of his high-end smartphone crashing against the concrete walking path accompanying the subtle bump of a diminutive shoulder against his sculpted pectorals. While composedly bending over, the unfailingly polite Portuguese Panther's immediate intention was to apologize as he reached for his phone. Sliding it back into his pocket, whichever words he had imagined himself uttering dissipated with the unanticipated sight of one Natalia Dante. Internalizing his shock and surprise, Rafael's Adonic features remained poised and calm under the tangible pressure, and uncomfortable awkwardness of the moment. Had he still been a Seeker, he would have been obligated to capture her on sight and return her to the custody of Panthera authorities.

He however, was a Seeker no more. He had severed all ties to the Panthera, and by extension, he had severed all ties to her. The two were once lovers, and his past romantic sentiments for her once ran quite deep. He cared deeply for her, more so than he had anyone prior to meeting her. Though his attachment to her was once very real, he had never loved her. He had never been in love until recently, until he met Valerie. And now, as he gazed back at Natalia's wistful, grey eyes, he felt... nothing. No remnants of their past romance, no lingering feelings of what could have been. Nothing. He did not cry for yesterday. All he felt was the usual concern he has for every other living, breathing human being. "I know", he finally replied. "And I intended to keep it that way".

"Not because the sight of you hurts or anything of the sort", he calmly clarified, "But because I am not a Panthera anymore. And all of my ties to them, including you, I have severed. They're not important. And the Panthera, I don't care about them". The implication behind his words was clear, he was not going to capture her, he was no longer a Seeker.

Avatar image for valerie_huntington
Valerie_Huntington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aww :) ♥

Rafael_Romeiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for just_an_average_man
Just_an_average_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jwalser3

"Uh. Sid....you sure we should be walking around here like this?"

"But it's new Orleans!" A girlish voice exclaims

No Caption Provided

"You know, I can tell you haven't been here before..." The Armored, but without helmet now body guard begins, as he watches over the young but expert hacker girl. "There are some nice parts here, but you go out just a little bit. Specially over by iberville? Heard nasty things about this place. Just...come on..."

Small as the 17 year old girl was, she caused big trouble for big people by hacking people's phones and getting data on them. With her sort of "vigilante" ways of exposing corruption and wrong doings, it made her a sort of target for higher up people, and this little group had many who Elliot watched over, and saw to that they wouldn't die. His eyes were cautious, and he was ever alert as he looked around this semi run down area, seeing the graphiti everywhere. The rather loose amount of people around. It began to rain, and annoyed Sidney, as elliot pulled out an umbrella for her. "Come on." Elliot said. "Bout time we head home...."

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@just_an_average_man:

Cracks of lighting and booms of thunder fill the air of New Orleans, as Sodra Die Mens watches his prey on the roof top, parallel to her. A small girl, clearly just a child, by her walk and attitude it was obvious. She was accompanied by a large man. By his get up, Sodra Die Mens knew what he was. As he watched the duo walk through the soft rain, observing the man he knew he'd have to face in order to claim his money. After a moment of studying her bodyguard. He mutters.

Nie Genoeg *Translated from Afrikaans- Not enough*

He swiftly moves form building to building, making to use the thunder to cover his leaps onto the next roof. With one leap manages to get ahead of them, but only by a few yards. It's there he takes aim. With his right robotic hand, he exerts his pinky and pointer finger, while folding the rest of his mechanical digits. Click as the two tips of his fingers open, he crouches down and aims at the small girl walking besides the giant of a man.

Just_an_average_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jwalser3:

Elliot notices something from the corner of his eye, something above. Thunder struck and he saw a shadow, a silohette among the buildings that appears briefly then dissappears. He doesn't stop, and lets on as he normally would. Then keeps walking. His eyes tense, and narrow. Someone or....something was following them. He didn't really know what it was yet. But, he or she is most likely here for the girl.

His eyes then abruptly snap upward as he pulls out a hand cannon. Firing towards the rooftop with a shot that misses the man as he can't quite see him. THe round hits extremely hard, with over 4.5 tons of force at the muzzle, and blows through the concrete easily. The shot startles the girl and causes her to yipe It was enough to one shot an elephant. Elliot then gestures them both to get behind cover as he hauls her off. As they duck behind a car

"Who hell was it? Jesus! Can you warn me next time??" She retorts. "Dunno and nope." He puts his helmet on as he pulls out an REC7 with the dragon's kiss mounted on it, then pulls a small mirror, and sticks it out next to the car, to get a look at his opponent without exposing himself.

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@just_an_average_man: *Boom*

As Sodra Man Dies moves to the side behind a stone wall on the building as he hears a massive shot zoom by him. With his back pressed against the wall he switches his machine hand to its ion blaster. With his hand wide open and a small barrel sticking out of his palm he laughs.

Sal pret wees *Translated from Afrikaans-Shall be fun*

He jerks up and begins dashing to the right of the roof top. He fires off 3 ionized bolts of energy for suppressing fire and to quickly analyze the area. The 3 bolts of blue energy scream through the air towards the car you are taking cover behind.

Just_an_average_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Elliot remains ducked down as the ions melt through the car, and he quickly gets up, gesturing for the girl to go into into the alley, as he takes cover by the car. He pops up and aims at the creature. Shooting accurately now that it is clear in sight.

"WHAT THE HELL IS THAT THING?!!" The girl exclaims. "Hell if I know." Elliot replies. He expects the thing to perhaps try and get close. They usually always do.

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@just_an_average_man: As Sodra Dies Mens runs along side the roof top he feels the force of the hand cannon hit the side of his metallic chest. He rolls with the force to reduce any more damage. The point of impact is scratched, but the robotic human showed no concern over the attack.

"I hate the idea of killing for free" he shouts at Elliot as he leaps off the building.

With his knees bents in the jump you see his knee caps open up. Like a french door his knee caps expose small barrels that shot out two small missiles at the car. He then followed up right behind the missiles with 3 more ion bolts. Laughing while doing so.

Just_an_average_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jwalser3:

Elliot yells at her. "MOVE! RUN!" He shouts, as she does indeed run off, hopping off into the street, as she jumps a fence, fleeing towards a Bayou in a park. Man has some friggin' freaky weapons. Elliot sees the missiles and as he shoots one with his REC7 Assault Rifle, causing it to detonate, as the other one flies by, Elliot dives as it hits the car, the explosion setting off the fuel tank and then, promptly causing it to explode.

As the Combat chemist feels what would be to great number of people, organ bursting blast waves hit him in the back, he is simply sent across the street rolling as he quickl recovered to his feet and leaned out of the way of one blast. One piercing through the lamp post behind Elliot, the other missing and digging into the stone and the final one hitting Elliot in the side of his hip and dissappating against his armor.

Cyborg Assassin. Now, I've really seen it all. Fresh change from the typical demon. Elliot stafes the man now, firing on him on the fleshy area of his less cybernetic arm. Keeping his distance and keeping aware of his opponents claws and lankly long robotic arm.

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@just_an_average_man: Sodra Die Mens begins to chase after his target, only to be interrupted by the crackle of gunfire. The first round he manages to evade, the second is closer, the third grazing his human bicep. Sodra lets out a small grunt as he continues to evade the rounds whizzing by him.

Finding cover a small car he shouts out.

"You better be worth this waste of time man, I'd much rather pop her off and get paid already."

Sodra Die Mens leaps over the small car. Mid leap her fires off two rounds from his machine gun fingers. Covering his exposure he then claws his hand into the side of the car. Facing The Armor he lets out a loud grunt as he lifts the car with his robotic arm and swings it to his front. Releasing it, he sends the car hurdling the car towards Elliot. He flies towards him at speeds around 40mph. And while in flight, Sodra Die Mens begins running to the left side of The Armor with his ion palm at the ready.

Just_an_average_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jwalser3:

Elliot sees the man raising his gun arm and shields himself, holding his arms in front of his face as the two bullets do indeed clip directly as they cause him to stagger back. He then sees the man clawing into the car and he can already read that he's going to throw it as he quickly draws his M74 in his other hand. He watched the man run as the car flew at him, his REC7 Assault Rifle and M74 grenade launcher in hand, as Ellio shot a grenade launcher to the side of the car, causing it explode and propell itself in the air right back at the person who threw it.

"Tough one, aren't you? Aren't the first one to chuck a car at me....probably won't be the last either." He prepares a grenade as he runs across from the man, aiming at him and straight across. "Wonder if you speak any english? Can't understand a lick of what your shouting out pal..."

(Also, just so you know, I can' stop you from going after the girl. Play your cards and it's possible for to kill her. Maybe. Depends on how the fight goes. Just saying to direct you, more or less. Also sorry for the long gap of time in between replies. I'll try to find a solid reply time during the weekend for you.)

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#766  Edited By jwalser3

@just_an_average_man: (Thanks for the heads up, I just assumed we had to fight lol. Also I am speaking English, the only time he speaks Afrikaans is when I put a translation next to it.)

As Sodra Die Mens feels the heat of the car explosion he pauses as the bright light limits his vision. Straining his eyes to adjust to the bright light, Sodra Die Mens hears the rounds go off. The two shots ping as they hit him. The first dents his left leg's joint, while the other his his lower stomach, only to be flattened. Never the less he feels the pain and is stopped in his tracks as he quickly scans his system and determines his battery life and combat efficiency.

" Battery levels- 82%, Combat Efficiency- 91%, minor damage to lower left leg...Repairs not required."

He says to himself in a confidante voice. He looks at Elliot and grins.

" I can very well speak English friend." As he squats " But does it really matter if you can understand your killer? I hate to just leave, but I need the money so I'll have to make this fast. Sorry."

Exposing his stomach you see it open up. A small spiral door shows a bright blue light and it begins to flash. As Sodra Die Mens laughs he releases his "Die Laskman Cannon" . A small building busting blast of ionized energy rushes out of him at an alarming speed.

Just_an_average_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jwalser3:

Oh that grin. I don't like that grin.

"Coulda fooled me..." He says to the man as replying. His chest opens up and there is no confusion or moment of pause in Elliot's reaction. He's seen things like this before and he knows what they do.

Beam.

Two smoke bombs were fired as the blast went off through the smoke, it annihilated the building through it, utterly destroying it and everything else in it's path. Elliot was on the other hand nowhere to be seen, nor was there seemingly much sign that he was there. Not a sound and no gunfire going off towards him. Only ambient ash and irubble in plain sight.

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@just_an_average_man:

Battery level- 58%, Combat Efficiency- 81%, minor damage to lower left leg...Repairs not required.

Looking through the thick smoke, Sodra Die Mens sees nothing. Scoffing,

"Could have at least put up more of a fight."

He then turns towards the alleyway the target ran down. With inhuman speeds he darts down the dark narrow path. Within moments he sees her. She's panting behind a dumpster, teary eye and scarred. Sodra Die Mens steps in front of her. Extending his robotic claw out, his pointer finger's tip becomes a barrel.

"Vergewe my, dit is net 'n werk." (Forgive me, it's just a job: Translated from Afrikaans)

Her tiers run faster down her face as he stands in front of her and releases a .45 from his finger.

Just_an_average_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jwalser3

There is a rising as the man emerged, and having escaped the blast, climbing out a hole in the sewer, looking around the area cautiously.

He's gone...

Elliot climbs up completely. However, he has absolutely no idea where he went, nor does he have any idea where the girl went, he takes out his cellphone, and sends a text. He made sure to silence her own phone before this, in case she was trapped and found herself in a dark place, that she could at least text him silently from her location. However, there was no reply.

He tried again and again. And came close to calling her. He kept calm, and began to search around for her, she couldn't get very far, could she....? But, indeed, Elliot had wandered around for hours. Looking for her, wasn't till he had caught wind of a body of a girl in the streets that he heard about it. He had hurried. Sprinted over. Eventually coming up into an alley, and seeing a pile of blood in the distance. The man wasn't there. If we was, Elliot knew he'd be long..

"No...." He murmured now, his heart skipping a beat as he murmured this. "No no..." He sees it. Her close eyed expression with dried tiers that run down her cheeks, and the crimson that streams from the neatly placed hole in her skull that drips down her clothes and into her skirt. Her limp, still body. Her hands to her sides, with her hand that laid on the ground, fingers laid out now, flat as they touch the floor.

He slowly reaches for his helmet, unlocking it from himself as he takes it and tosses it to the way to the opposing wall as he yells at the sky."COME THE F*** ON!!" He starts garnering attention, as the police were near, only about a block. "She just...a f***ing kid. No. I can't..." Elliot turns and abruptly punches the brick wall. Then the dumpster next to it, as it showed his fist engraving in it. Elliot's hand soon to be throbbing, but he wouldn't feel much pain. Not right now. He headbutted a wall and yelled at nothing now. Or more, everything. He couldn't exactly yell. It was nothing coherent. Just a yell from a mortal man.

His head swam. He began to feel sick. WHy did I hold back? Who the f*** am I kidding? I'm not fucking powerful enough to take that guy. Why the hell was he holding back. He ran so fast I didn't even catch a glimpse of him. I should have f***ing leveled the motherf****ing place. But oh, it's too late now. She's f***ing dead. Cause I was f***ing coward who hid in the f***ing sewers...

He headsbutts a wall, as a trickle of blood appears. And he just stays there for a few moment. Eyes closed. My fault...my f***ing fault. Not f***ing enough. It's never f***ing enough. Elliot opened his eyes as he looked over to her, stooping down. Him murmuring slightly. "..What was he to you? Just a check...right? No one is gonna care about some girl from gothic missing. You never did wrong in my eyes. You stole from the right people. THose f***ing bastards...you didn't have this coming..." He gently put his gloved hand through her hair, to clear it. To neaten it.

"F***."Pull yourself together. Cops are coming. Can't be weak. Not gonna be any use in jail. He doesn't know what hell tell the others. Sirens going off. Gottta go...gotta go now. He picks up his helmet and clips in back on, it locking into place as police sirens shine into the alleyway.

Two uniformed men walk into the ally, looking about to investigate reports of a dead body. They see her, and look about for any sign of a susepect. There is none.

The officer pulls out a radio as he speaks into it.

"We have a 187..."

The_Shogun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just_an_average_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The_Shogun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@just_an_average_man: Indeed not, but wow, that was a great post. I can't always feel the emotion in scenes but in that one I really could. Really fantastic stuff.

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 12

#773  Edited By Darkchild
The_Shogun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkchild: Hey heya, hows it going these days oh child of darkness?

Arquitenens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#775  Edited By Arquitenens

D: I feel terrible and I feel a desperate wanting...

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Encriptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@just_an_average_man: Officer MX arrives on the scene accompanied by Duke Nukes, and Trickshot. MX steps out and notices two officers on the scene and a female body. "Officer MX on duty, forensic details are to be scanned in area. State any current facts about the body, and tape off a perimeter. " MX says to the officers. Each staring at the robot, and then going about the orders. Scanning the area using infrared and full spectrum diagnostic, a 3D model of the alleyway was compiled and overlay with obvious differences MX spotted in seconds. The fist indentation on the wall of the building, and head indentation and residual dried blood. Samples were gathered, skin and fluids from the scene and added to search program instantly scanning through CODIS.

Next the female body was examined and homicide was determined, method of murder due to strangulation. Body was repeated raped modem and post-modem, tracks were found on each arm indicating prolonged addiction. Traces of Heroin was found in her system, synaptic system reveals last image seen as known pimp Johnny "Macho" Sanchez. ABP ordered for Johnny Sanchez, clean up crew dispatched for body. MX then returns to the squad car, plugging into the usb outlet to charge.

XxHEROxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#778  Edited By XxHEROxX
No Caption Provided

Sgt Duke Nukes Steps out the cruiser, the car recording as he walked up and down the scene. After reading Mx's report which was a live feed on the cruisers display screen. Looking down at girl shaking his head at the waste of a life, at such a young age. That's just life now a days though in any city, Duke knowing survival of fittest too well. He walks back to the car, confirming what the machine had already entered in his own report. These machines are going to be the end of us all... he thinks to himself. He waits for Trickshot to come back to the car doing his own analysis of the scene.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

Ah, I miss this place

Avatar image for deactivated-5df99b4bb2d5b
deactivated-5df99b4bb2d5b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jack looked out from the dark alleyway he was currently hiding in. Excitment lit the firy eyes of his jack-o-lantern head as he smiled widely. Today was the day he would finally walk among the humans.

Sure it was risky to walk in public looking the way he did, but Jack remained optomistic of the future. With a tap tap from his cane, the doctor walked into the bright lights of the French Quarter. "Time to brighten the day!" He sang, even though it was night.

Avatar image for matthew_cassidy
Matthew_Cassidy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#781  Edited By Matthew_Cassidy

I think Ill do something with this place.

Avatar image for deactivated-5df99b4bb2d5b
deactivated-5df99b4bb2d5b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jack awoke just as easily as he fell asleep. He hadn't had so much fun since his father taught him magic. The people in this New Oleans had treated him like their own, granted they thought he was some street performer.

When he was finally tired of entertaining with magic, jack took his leave to a nearby roof and fell asleep. Now fully awake, Jack made sure no one was looking before jumping from the roof and using wind magic to land softly on the ground below. From there he went to see the sights.

Avatar image for daud_al_talibah
Daud_Al_Talibah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bumping for future reference.

Avatar image for abel_knightfall
Abel_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

This is my home.... this city, thick with bloody myths and an even bloodier history, the Big Easy. Most see it as a piece of culture unlike any other, a beautiful vacation, a land of intrigue and merriment.

But when the night falls upon my home, when "most" would be sleeping ever comfortably in their beds, there is a second face that shows. When the dark conquers the light, my home's underbelly reveals itself. Crime has been moving down here from all corners of the states, Gothic mostly, since their classic dens have started becoming crowded with the twisted and the righteous.

No Caption Provided

My home has a newfound sickness, an infection, one that I thought I'd live to avoid... but people like me, with such bloodlines and histories, we have trouble escaping this. I suppose you could call that fate, or just dumb luck, I've seen quite a bit of both.

Regardless of the reasons these new thugs had for moving in, they still made a big mistake... thinking that they were safe in the night just because they weren't in Gothic anymore. The Big Easy may be a lot of things, but it isn't a haven for those who are too spineless to face a dark vengeance for their actions. And I'm going to make sure they and anyone else who shows up learn that.

This is my home, and I plan on keeping it that way.

Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#785 Feral Nova  Moderator
Abel_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

_Atomikill_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

*Shrieks in envy at another Knightfall*

Avatar image for samantha_mcstorm
Samantha_McStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@abel_knightfall: idk why but that gif made me laugh LOL

I'm looking forward to seeing Abel in action! ^____^ Maybe him and Ash can get together sometime and kick butt together :D

Abel_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#789  Edited By Abel_Knightfall

@samantha_mcstorm: It's old derpy He-Man. Of course he made you laugh :S

Sure thing. I plan on breathing a bit of life into this thread and building history here, so feel free to visit anytime!

Avatar image for samantha_mcstorm
Samantha_McStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@abel_knightfall: Fantastic! When I get an idea for the two, I'll shoot you a PM if you're cool with it.

Avatar image for cassidy_orourke
Cassidy_ORourke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm so happy this thread is getting used. I really need to station somebody here

Abel_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@samantha_mcstorm: I have plenty of ideas for New Orleans adventures, go ahead and shoot it by me when you wanna chit chat. ^_^

Abel_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Big Easy is in pain tonight, wounded by unwanted visitors...

I've been tracking a new crew in my neck of the woods- like most, they seemed to have come down from Gothic, but unlike the others the organization is all different. I kept catalog of the more public villains groups within the city of night, and this crew doesn't match anything in the database as far as attire, weaponry, and other calling cards go. They seem to be rallying the criminal rejects that have been moving in under a new banner, as I've identified over a dozen low level members of the group as small-time Gothic thugs. Their ways of going about things, their employer, and their superhuman firepower are all new to N'Orleans, however.

No Caption Provided

They seem to be paying homage to the portrayals of gangsters in older crime films, all sporting cliche Mafia suits and Tommy-Guns, as well as riding in classical cars.

From what little I've managed to dig up and find on their boss, he's a short and plump man with a love of class- flashy, but he isn't dumb. He's taken care to conceal himself from any angle whenever he's shown himself in public; an umbrella, tinted windows keeping him in the dark within his personal vehicle, he's even used his own cigar smoke to hide himself once.

However, I'm not as worried about the clever boss as I am about his pet. This superhuman juggernaut, despite taking no care to conceal his features when he shows up, has yet to be identified either by myself or the police. He stands at 7ft, I've estimated him to weigh over 600lbs (a defect from whatever mutation he has, seeing as he seems perfectly fit on the outside), and has been confirmed to be able to lift several tons. The most intriguing detail about his appearance is his oddly shaped cranium, which I assume is due to a metal place, likely needed from some past injury.

These overdressed thugs have been going on a crime spree throughout the Big Easy, taking a few days breaks in between robbery and vandalism. Thankfully, due to their sloppy behavior I managed to find a pattern... they'll be striking again tonight, and I'll be waiting for them.

New Orleans, Art District

"Sirs, sirs! I am sure we can work something out...!?" A frightened but steady cook said as he was lined up against a wall next to his other employees, two guns watching them intently, just waiting for a reason to shoot. Stepping up just behind the two gunners was a titan of a man, dressed as spiffy as ever, with a big grin on his face. "Of course we can, my good gentlemen- that was actually the reason we came! We'd like to offer you all a business arrangement you can't refuse!"

The superhuman thug was surprisingly polite and charismatic as he went about his deal, walking over the front window and flipping the open sign to "close". In that moment he stepped right into the line of sign of Big Easy's Shadow, assessing the situation through binoculars from a distance. "The big one will make this difficult... one car, just a four-seater, meaning he could have one other gang member with him in there. Easy." With that last thought, the softspoken Knightfall set his binoculars down and leaped off his perch.

"-so ya see, by investing in Alfredsson Security, you will avoid the fate that your competitors faced just last week! Perhaps we should talk about this over dinner?" The titan didn't wait for an answer as he pushed the cook towards the kitchen, nodding at a gunner to follow him, turning back to his employees with the same grin, leading them to a table. He must of been hungry for high cuisine. The cook led the gunner to the backroom, nervously gathering materials for a pasta as the giddy gangster poked him with the barrel of his Tommy-Gun... but the poking eventually stopped.

Slowly turning around, the poor Cook nearly jumped back into the shelves when he was met with a menacing vigilante, standing over the unconscious gunner. Instinctively placing his hand over the cook's mouth, Abel shhh'd him until he stopped trying to yell and scream. "Get out through the back entrance, I'll get the others."Without so much of a though the Cook darted out as quietly as he could. Nodding, Big Easy's Knightfall thought over his next move.

"Oh, you have a daughter? I'm sure she's just precious." The monster mobster said as he took a sip from a flask, his grin turning into a grimace as he visually wondered where his food was when suddenly, his second gunner was pulled across the room, smashing through chairs and tables for sliding to a stop. Eyes following the trail of destruction as he stood up, the titan smirked as he found a costumed hero removing his grappling hook from the gunner's shoulder, eyeing him down and letting his would-be "investors" escape all at the same time.

No Caption Provided

"Well well well! I didn't think the Shadow would be visiting us this early in the day. Thought you'd be more of a night owl." Abel didn't respond, he was too busy trying to figure out how he was going to bring this giant down... his palm tasers might work if he can get clone enough to an extremity, or that presumably metal skull of his, but this guy easily had a arms-length advantage on him, he'd be able to throw three or four swings before Abel could get clone enough to land a good hit.

"Alright, don't talk then, will make my job easier." The giant spoke with a returning grin, cracking his knuckles and neck as he prepared to battle the tiny hero. "Since I already know who you are, I'll give ya even ground and tell ya who I am! My name's Mickey, and I'm gonna be the cause of death list on ya tombstone!"

Avatar image for deactivated-57916056a8182
deactivated-57916056a8182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Taken From The Front Page of Today's Issue Of The Times-Picayune Newspaper in Louisiana

The United States Army Core of Engineers have no comment on how exactly they were able to complete the entire overhaul of the levee system surrounding the New Orleans metro area years ahead of its projected schedule. Several local journalists have collaborated on reports that the rebuilding efforts were not only falling behind their intended timeline, but that internal Army documents had pushed back the expected completion date from 2020 to 2022, yet sections not scheduled to have begun even days ago are now completed seemingly overnight. Our independent scientific consultants have visited the site and verified that not only has the work been completed but that a number of known structural and engineering flaws have apparently been remedied by unknown means.

Our same expert noted that some of the known flaws were buried underneath tons of concrete and steel and would require the complete disassembly of said structures to even begin to diagnose and remedy a solution. There have been no reports of a large influx of workers or aircraft flying in completed sections of floodwall that could help explain the miraculous accomplishment but our investigations will continue into this mystery.

Shawn_Savage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adam_savage

The Savage Savant
The Savage Savant

In the comfort of his study, Shawn, a consummate virtuoso of the Savage family, calmed his spirit by sucking on the end of a lit Cuban cigar, beige in shade, Montecristo No. 2 in brand. The scent of premier cigar smoke, rich and intoxicating, hung in the air with the prominence of a force of nature. Tossing aside the match he'd used to light his cigar, the flick of his wrist was one that channeled the gestures of a man whose foundation had been rocked, and his ire roused. The Shogun had sent her mercenaries, and he'd slain them with the cold, psychopathic focus that'd awarded him respect in the scientific community. That an attempt on his life had been made was not what ruffled him. It wasn't what turned this man of self-possession into one who grows hot under the collar.

It was why the Shogun had branded him a target. The rationale responsible for her choice. That she felt because of his quantum brain, he was no thinker but a calculator. That he couldn't possibly claim subjective experiences. That she believed him to be an 'it'. It bothered him. And his countenance, dark and dashing, wore an expression, one that told of just how much the Shogun's reasoning bothered him. Not because he felt there was any truth to her claims, but because she dared declare him something he was not. To have the nature of his existence questioned, to be told that his sense of individuality was a sham, that he had no metaphysical self... 'Who the f*** does this b**** think she is?', his mind echoed, his features wincing then, his indignation made clearer than day.

His thoughts told him, insisted on the reality that still, in this day and age of discovery and innovation, man had yet to explain without flaw what founds consciousness. Breathing a cloud of gray smoke, Shawn dialed a number on his cellphone, Adam's. "Adam, listen, old sport, I need you to come see me asap. Its something of an emergency", said the indignant savant. 'I'll need someone there with me when I read the Shogun her last rights in Latin'.

Adam_Savage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shawn_savage: (Assuming this is after the trip right?)

Odd. Shawn was anything but, an even man with a head balanced so well that he never, literally never, called for assistance in the past. Was it that intense journey into the Earth that yielded a new bridge into a friendship between him and his recently no longer estranged cousin, or was it something more?

Whatever the issue Adam was already out the door and had made his way to the luxurious turn of the century home of the Savage kin. On the ride over his curiosity began to transmute under the heat of his anxiety into a fear, exploding into divergent paths of possible worst case scenarios that might be plaguing his cousin, from sickness by side effect of his journey to an immediate threat that attempted to lure the stoic scientist into a trap, designed to snare two of the most precious minds in order to collect a heavy ransom.

Whatever the case it was too sensitive to discuss by phone. "Shawn?" Knocking three times Adam peeks into the window beside the door, "I got here as fast as I could...Can you-?" He began until the door opened, the smell of Cubans and coffee flooding out, a familiar family smell. A smile might have crossed his face, if he wasn't in the mode of solving a puzzle "Shawn, it's good to see you again so soon. Hopefully it won't continue to be a precursor to piss poor circumstances. What seems to be the problem?" He asks draping his brown duster over the coat rack.

Shawn_Savage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adam_savage: (Yeah, after the trip)

"Its good to see you too, Adam"

"Its good to see you too, Adam", Shawn responded, a smile of cool affability curling on his visage. Closing the door behind them, the Savage family's resident enigma strode forward, a savant's swagger dripping from his every step as he gestured for Adam to follow behind him. "I know I've always been more distant than the others, always obsessing over my work, searching for this generation's great scientific discovery. Its part of what soured my marriage to Becka", he remarked, one hand slid into his pocket, the other holding his cigar, the Montecristo No. 2, in between his index finger and thumb as he sucked on its end, and breathed a cloud of rich smoke that seemed to soothe the pain of his separation from Becka, and tame the indignation lit by the Shogun's claims.

"But I'm making a greater effort now", he resumed, striding into a spacious living room, beautified by upscale decor, red-velvet covered chairs and sofas, twinkling chandeliers that hung from the ceiling above, works of art from the European Renaissance on the walls, and marble tables here and there. "When I read your letter, I didn't think twice about going to watch you give your speech. Cousins are not unlike brothers, Adam. So before I tell you about why I called you here, I just want you to know, I do love you all. I might not say it often enough, perhaps that adds more value to my words", he quipped, his natural wit hanging at the tips of a subtle smirk, "But really, I'd go to the end of the world and back for you and the others. I don't have to be on ecstasy to tell you that".

Retiring to a chair while gesturing that Adam seat himself on the across him, Shawn snuffed his cigar, and his lips welcomed a sigh. His features were held in earnest then, his hazel eyes casting a darkened gaze as he met Adam's. Leaning forward, forearms atop his thighs, Shawn began, "Two days ago, I was visited by some gentlemen. Oh.. why sugarcoat it... they were mercenaries, Adam. Sent to take my life by the order of Venezuela's Shogun, a mutant supremacist with a messiah complex", he paused, his voice echoing with bits of his ire, of his annoyance, while his features scowled and winced in irritation, in indignation. "An attempt on my life, that's nothing new. Not at all. I've mounted many a would-be assassin's head on my wall. That someone came after me.. that doesn't bother me".

"Its the reason, Adam. The reason why they were sent after me. That's what bothers me. And not a lot does. I can smirk and shrug my shoulders at a lot of things, Adam, a lot of things. The media's called me cocky for it, but I'm just self-assured. I'm nonchalant, imperturbable, contemplative, self-possessed. Yeah, I'm all of those things. And I play it cool. I play it cool, Adam but I do get hot under the collar, and let me tell you, old sport, I am f***** boiling right now!", Shawn exclaimed, his voice raising, as was his heart rate, his ire. "You ever heard of a philosophical zombie? You're a smart man, Adam so I'm sure you have but I'll tell you anyway. A philosophical zombie, that's a being that doesn't have subjective experiences. A being that can fake love, pain and the like with perfect accuracy".

"But, but", Shawn paused, finger raised to emphasize his delay, "Here's the thing. They can fake those things but they don't really experience them. That is a soulless being, my friend. Not a he or a she, but an 'it'. And that, that is what this Shogun thinks I am. A f***** zombie, Adam!", he exclaimed, hands thrown in the air, his lips expelling a breath of exasperation, of frustration, of anger. "You wanna know, why? Because my brain's different. Because my primary mutation is this", Shawn paused, index finger tapping his temple, his gaze never wavering from his cousin's. "Because I have a quantum brain that allows me to process information faster than the speed of light all the time. Because I can think in numbers and am good at it. Because there's so much information being processed in here so fast that it'd fry any telepath's mind if they peeked into it".

"I'm a scientist, Adam. I don't deal in philosophy, I deal in facts. And the fact is, someone telling me I'm not a person, that I'm a soulless machine and then trying to kill me for it... oh.. that really grinds my gears. Till this day, Adam, till this day nobody has explained exactly what gives us our consciousnesses. Who is she to decide, out of the f***** blue that my consciousness is a sham!? That I don't think! That the love that I feel for my family and my wife is a goddamn lie!", he growled, chest heaving. Running his fingers through his mahogany locks, smoothing his hair back as he breathed a sigh to calm himself, Shawn's voice lowered, grew somewhat tamer. "If my emotions were a lie, my friend, I don't think I'd have been shouting at the top of my lungs some seconds ago. Adam, I'm telling you this so that you and everyone else knows, that right now, its dangerous being around me. Because this Shogun, she might attack the rest of you".

Adam_Savage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shawn_savage: (Just keeps getting better doesn't he. I'll have mine up tomorrow)

Arquitenens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Something about him...arouses a sinister desire in my being.

Nancy_Savage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arquitenens:

Oh yeah, I totally get it. Leonardo DiCaprio arouses lots of sinister desires in me too.

No Caption Provided