Nest 629 [CVnU Location]

Arquitenens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By Arquitenens

He gets training and I get death threats?

Avatar image for eagle_of_the_east
Eagle_of_the_East

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ThePuzzler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eagle_of_the_East

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spectrion:

She tossed her head back, ringing laughter filling the courtyard. "Good."A gleam of enjoyment in her eyes. "Now, ready your shield and attack me."

Arquitenens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arquitenens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Actually, probably not, unless I just happened to stumble upon it. >.>

Spectrion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eagle_of_the_east: She was dead serious and he knew it. Rather than question the order, and its possible implications Spectrion allowed a settling breeze to pass between the two of them. This moment of peace short lived as the American Avenger drew his shield whilst pivoting on one foot. At 90 degrees the weapon was released from its attachment to his back. Approaching 180 degrees the weapon is hooked to his left forearm, outer end geared toward's the woman's body with an extreme level of torque creating a strike that could easily dent concrete. Continuing in this circular motion, Jason now begins to use his legs to execute a series of whirling round houses meant more so to keep the woman moving and prevent her from mounting an offense. Upon completion of the third revolution the hero, back facing the opponent leaped into a tightly arced back flip, trajectory angled so that the dorsal part of his boot covered foot would crash into his foe's cranium with exponential force upon descension.

Eagle_of_the_East

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spectrion: [ That was a good attack. ]

The first shield strike landed with enough power to drop a elephant. The muted 'whump' sent birds fluttering skywards. Even Asteria's superhuman body felt the impact. Then she snapped into motion, feet blurring as they shuffled, bracers flashing through the air like molten silver as they deflected kick after kick.. until the final flipkick- which Asteria blocked with crossed bracers.

"Good. Aggressive opening and you seized the initiative early, controlling the pace of the fight. The final attack was from an unorthodox angle and flowed smoothly from your movements." The mutant amazon was genuinely pleased; Spectrion demonstrated real talent and impressive physical coordination and power. "Now defend."

Suddenly Asteria was standing eight feet away. A grin crossed her lips and she thunderclapped- the ear shattering boom filled the courtyard and scoured the cobblestones of rainwater, dirt and debris, hurling them outward in an ever expanding circle... only a heartbeat before a bolt of lightning snapped from her finger. Brilliant blue beam arching toward Spectrion like the wrath of the gods.

Her hypercognition allowed her to watch as if in slow motion. Should Spectrion block with his shield or evade, the response would be the same; a heartbeat after his defense Asteria would lunge forward, tearing through the sound barrier like a wet tissue, dashing past Spectrion. Her foot would slam into the cobblestones and she would pivot behind him, attempting to wrap her arms around his waist and suplex him into the stony ground.

Should he be injured by either the lightning bolt or thunderclap she would forgo the final assault.

Spectrion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By Spectrion

@eagle_of_the_east: (I try :)

The compliment caused a smile to surface from the battle hardened gaze adopted amidst combat. An immediate facial transition signified battle readiness as the woman created distance between the two instantly. Rather than waiting for the attack Spectrion dashed forward; a foolish mistake. A mere clap sent thunderous waves of energy out in every direction, uprooting the earth and sending the hero flying through the air amid chunks of debris and specs of dust. With aerial, acrobatic acumen the All American Athlete reclaimed control of his body and executed a corkscrew mid air that placed him on his toes approximately fifteen feet from the woman. Without time to think, danger responsive instinct took over, allowing the American Avenger to bring his shield up for deflection of the oncoming bolt. Sheer force from the lightning knocked his shield arm away from his guard leaving him wide open for the goddess' embrace. As her arms wrapped around his sculpted torso survival instinct took over. His body lurched back and just before his neck made contact with the ground the hero placed his flailing shield arm behind his head, avoiding traumatic damage as he rolled to his feet, maintaining a defensive position with the shield placed in front of his chest. "What is she?" Was the question that gripped his mind as Jason breathed heavily, adrenaline coursing through his veins.

Eagle_of_the_East

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spectrion:

Asteria was standing several feet away dusting her hands off when he arose. "Excellent. Improvisational and agile under pressure." He was the right choice; Asteria despised wasting time on those who lacked the powerset to ever become great.

"Your combination of great strength and agility is rare; most styles focus on one or the other. For you I will construct a style that is a combination of Pankration and Togakure-ryu." The unity of brutality and grace would suit him well, in her opinion. "We will focus on standing and striking techniques, as the shield enhances your stand up, but is an encumbrance on the ground."

[ Insert training montage here ;-) ]

Spectrion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eagle_of_the_east: Several months had passed under the wise Sage's tutelage and significant muscle growth was the most obvious detail in Jason's advancement as a fighter. Instructional guidance in the fighting styles of both ninja and early greek warriors meshed well with the hero, elevating Jason to an elite level of martial skill. After learning to more accurately hone his senses Jason no longer relies solely on instinct to ensure survival, using his precognition to physically react what will be and not what is. Standing tall before his sensei he smiled proudly, amazed at what he'd accomplished and intent upon hearing what the final phase of his training under the Arcani A List would entail.

Eagle_of_the_East

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spectrion:

"The last step is life." Asteria waved a hand at the world around them. "Just as swordsmen in ancient japan would go on pilgrimages to hone their skills in real battle, so too must you."She had done much the same thing herself, under Amaranth's tutelage. "You have the tools, now you must sharpen them in real battle. A master forged in a dojo is an untempered blade; sharp as a razor, but he will shatter under stress. You must face real enemies in real battle."

"That said, you are welcome to return for advice at any time and someday you will learn all you can learn on the field of battle. When that day comes, return and we will begin the next stage in your training." Asteria was not one to lather on praise but Spectrion was the type of pupil she preferred; bold to the point of arrogance, physical powerful and exceptionally agile. She had high hopes for him.. if he survived.

Charlemagne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You cant use Wonder Woman as an av and then ban Superman level characters you cheater :P

Eagle_of_the_East

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Charlemagne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eagle_of_the_East

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Charlemagne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eagle_of_the_east:(Sometimes I think I like Cheetah better then Wonder Woman. And I love me some Wonder Woman)

teach me instead lol

Eagle_of_the_East

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_last_arashikage: [ Heresy! But yeah, Cheetah is cool. I mean, not on my top ten or anything but I'm always tempted to use her as a look.

That's unlikely Mr. Baneofmutants :-P

Charlemagne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eagle_of_the_East

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Charlemagne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By Charlemagne
Eagle_of_the_East

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Charlemagne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Strigidae_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Charlemagne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strigidae_23: I liked how they showcased her mother being a badass in the opening war too.

Strigidae_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_last_arashikage: [ Yeah me too. Though it makes me wonder why they can't manage a live action show or movie.

Love that AV by the way. The tattoos on the neck are cool. ]

Charlemagne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strigidae_23: I changed it already lol

(rumors are former MMA star Gina Carano is making a major push to not only get a WW movie made but with her starring in it)

Strigidae_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_last_arashikage: Hah! Well that one is alright too.

Ohh, nice. Probably won't go anywhere, but it would be cool.

Charlemagne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strigidae_23: Just alright :O I wanted amazing lol

(It better goddamn it. If Aquaman gets a live action movie before WW I will abandoned DC)

Arquitenens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By Arquitenens

@strigidae_23: Just alright :O I wanted amazing lol

(It better goddamn it. If Aquaman gets a live action movie before WW I will abandoned DC)

-__-

Strigidae_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_last_arashikage: :-P Your amazing looks were the Before Watchmen looks. I'll always imagine LeBeau as Ozymandias and Prometheus in my head.

Yeah that would be.. insane. But GL already got a movie before Diana and I've already kinda given up lol.

Charlemagne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strigidae_23: I liked those too but there are so many suit and tie characters out there right now I needed something different. Hense all tatted up and militant :D

@arquitenens: Tis true

Arquitenens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_last_arashikage: Not the content, but the way it was stated.

"I will abandon DC." Yes.

"I will abandoned DC." NO!

Strigidae_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Charlemagne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By Charlemagne
Strigidae_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By Strigidae_23

@the_last_arashikage: It is pretty cool, its the top level of human accomplishment mentally, physically and socially. Everyone (almost) likes that because its a wish fulfillment fantasy; the chance to imagine being brilliant, popular, rich and badass. All the symbols of social status.

Charlemagne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Strigidae_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By Strigidae_23

@the_last_arashikage: Batman isn't evil. Neither is Ironman (though he's a slightly different version of the same thing). Neither is Tom Strong. Most of the others are villains though.

Charlemagne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Strigidae_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By Strigidae_23

@the_last_arashikage: Haha, of course ;-) And there are also very, very few female characters that fit the type.

_Nexus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_last_arashikage: I know I'm late to the convo but I was reading through the comments saw the one you made about Gina Carano wanting a WW movie. So I Googled her because I didn't know who she was I'm personally not interested in female MMA fighters. And I saw her and was O_O DAMN! what is this woman not getting what she wants she looks perfect for the part.

Sorry for the random comment

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

Wonder Woman is 'too complicated'

Strigidae_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Strigidae_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mercy_: Before they simplified her origin there might have been some truth to that. Now... come on.

_Nexus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By _Nexus_

@strigidae_23: She is a better fit than Affleck as Batman <_< And it's better than bringing in a Hollywood starlet.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By Mercy_
Strigidae_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By Strigidae_23

@lobos_del_rayo: Haha, right? Poor Affleck.

And I agree. A MMA fighter would bring a lot of legitimacy to the roll. It would be like having Brock Lesnar as Bane.

Strigidae_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mercy_: Yeah, but I don't think its going to change.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strigidae_23: it's mindblowingly frustrating.

Marvel has a freaking cgi raccoon that shoots guns in space.

But there's no audience for WW???

_Nexus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strigidae_23: i feel sorry for Affleck I'm holding judgement until I see the batsuit and him in said suit.

Brock Lensar as Bane.......I don't know if that was a sarcastic comment or a serious one. Because I could honestly see that.