Nemesis Knightfall/Reverse Speedster Poll

Avatar image for deactivated-59c716930b8a6
deactivated-59c716930b8a6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Nemesis Knightfall/Reverse Speedster Poll (13 votes)

Keep and move forward Reverse/Nemesis 38%
Go ahead and scrap them, mate 0%
Why the flipping heck should I care? Get lost, jerk 15%
STOP GIVING UP AND SLOWING DOWN! MOVE FORWARD JERKFACE!!! 46%
Man, just scrap em, more ideas will come... I'm sure of it... 0%

Alright, so for the past couple days (Actually, for a while, now that I think about it), I've been thinking about two (umbrella) characters that I've got on this account, namely The Reverse Speedster, and the Nemesis Knightfall. When I first made those characters, both were very well received, and I was beyond excited to use them for a plethora of interactions and stories. However... just as I did with The Shinigami, and like I've been doing with plenty of other ideas I've had, I let them stagnate due to inactivity, or just blatant laziness.

I've had Reverse Speedster for a couple months at this point, and I'm pretty sure I've used him in only a little over a handful of interactions. I haven't used Nemesis at all. Heck, I had plenty of other ideas, and I've stupidly neglected to bring them forward! For one brief fraction of a moment, I was even tempted to just quit, to just take a leave from RPG, just because I wasn't active or willing enough. Don't worry, I'm not leaving, I could never truly leave the RPG forum.

I should probably be getting to the point right about now. So, here it is: The plot I had for Nemesis and Reverse hasn't taken off at all, because I've been neglecting it, procrastinating it, being straight up lazy. While I could just go ahead and move forward with it, I'm beginning to lose that spark I had to keep those going, to the point where I'm wondering whether or not I should just scrap em, have them removed, retconned, whatever.

Thus, I give you guys the choice, because honestly, I'm not sure what exactly I should do with those characters. Move forward or scrap? I'll have the poll open for three days. And I'll go with whichever one gets the most votes (Excluding the third one, sorry Nox).

G'night folks.

• 
Curve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Keep them. Even if muse is low right now, later on you could have some fresh ideas that you're willing to push.

Avatar image for arceus_aurelius-rex
Arceus_Aurelius-Rex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Listen to Curve, even if you don't use them now you might want to revisit stories in the future or inspiration might strike you at any moment.

As long as you don't relegate them to the junk pile you'll be okay.

Maverick_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It more or less all depends. I cannot tell you to scrap them or to not scrap them.

It kinda all depends. I sometimes might find myself a bit too overwhelmed to do anything with a few characters, and try to have some balance with them all.

Usually, the life blood of a character is the story. Powers are cool and not everyone even lists the background but the story should always be in mind. I've scrapped a few characters or abandonned some...

But others can develop into greater things. Like Maverick I considered initially scrapping for another character, but ultimately Maverick has much more story potential.

So, it's ultimately up to you to decide.

Avatar image for valerie_huntington
Valerie_Huntington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Do whatever you want

David_Aurelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmm... so it seems that the end result is... the first and fourth options being tied.

A special thank you to all who voted, as well as those who posted on this thread. I've had some time to think things over now, and possibly get past my writer's block.