#1 Edited by Morte Rapida (1614 posts) - - Show Bio

A true assassin is a rare breed; it takes a certain type of person to become one.  The characteristics that define an assassin are particular - attentive, emotionless, collected, driven, perfectionist, psychotic, patient and adaptive to name a few.  This is an art which can take a lifetime to perfect.  To be successful you must be the absolute best, there is no room for error.  You have to know the game, and who is playing.  Morte Rapida has defeated and killed the best, behind all the training, the cold calculative demeanor is a drive; this drive is to have zero comparable opposition.  The one assassin who the Practitioner of Precision has not yet had the honor of trading blades with has been Akira Overdrive.  This man was literally a killing machine.

Rixon was in his penthouse in upstate New York.  He sat in a black leather chair staring through the open blinds on the 48th floor of the building which he owned.   It was around 11:30pm, the city was alive with activity, there wasn't a cloud in the sky and the view was immense.  He just sat in the chair and watched the lights as he was in deep thought.  His butler brings another glass of Chateau Lafite...

"Leave the bottle" - Rixon

"Yes sir, your clothes are pressed and hanging in your closet" - Butler

The butler leaves the aged and extremely expensive Chateau on an end table near the chair.  He walks out of the master suite unfazed by the 4 naked brunette's laying in open view on Rixon's king size bed.  The staff was use to seeing naked women in Rixon's quarters whenever he returned from training or a mission.  A man still has needs, no matter what kind of discipline he has.  He never returned to the same place between missions, Rixon was a very tactical man.  He was never complacent, due to his enormous wealth from being an assassin and keen businessman which eventually persuaded him to invest into organized crime, he had invested in plenty of estates to return to.  Each property was protected, mostly by his American chapter Yakuza, and mafia affiliates.  He also never repeated any of the women he slept with due to security reasons as well as the fact that variety kept it interesting.  His every move every decision was precise and had strategic reasoning.  Rixon had no targets at this time; he spent the last 6 months in heavy training regiments.  All the mystical temples and tradition rich dojo's he's practiced at along with the martial arts masters he's defeated had caused him to yearn for a challenge.  He wanted to combat a fellow student of the game, an assassin.  The last time he tangled with a worthy opponent was his battle with the Legendary Cajun Gambler.  It's been awhile since Rixon had a real test.

While still in his robe sitting in the chair staring off into the city he made up his mind....

"I will challenge him, it is time Akira and I met in the field." - thought Rixon

There has been many occasions where The Living Weapon and the Cyborg Assassin were so close to battle when something or someone intervened.  That would not be the case this time.  This time, Akira would have Morte's complete attention, this fight is inevitable.  Rixon began to prepare for war instead of dressing in his Italian suit to attend a shareholders’ meeting in Baltimore the next morning.  He dressed into his assassin gear.  This is where Rixon Sole becomes Morte Rapida, the Practitioner of Precision and the world's most dangerous man.  He looks forward to the  challenge of his Cybernetic counterpart.  As he is leaving his penthouse suite he turns to his butler.....

"Get them out of my bed, and cancel my meeting." - Morte

The Analytical Assassin left his building and began to make his way to the location of a newly formed team called the Bladed Angels.  This was the latest known affiliates of the famed assassin Akira Overdrive.  Once he was at the specified location, he left a scroll which ancient Japanese Wushu Acadamies  used to challenge rival schools in combat.  It was written in a centuries old Mongolian text, he knew Akira had the knowledge of the writing.  The letter read....

I know you have pondered this possibility for as long as I have, let’s put this temptation into reality. 

With honor,
Morte Rapida

The letter was water marked with directions to a location in Beverly Hills.  Morte waited anxiously for his opponent to show.......

#2 Posted by Akira Overdrive (10077 posts) - - Show Bio

The world was left in shambles for so long.Things changed and the world began to evolve,teams were formed,bonds were broken and new killers arrived.Akira Overdrive was no where to be found during these times,he was missing in action and no one had a clue to where he was,speculation was all that could be given to the ones who were so eager to know and find the Main Man.Some had sought to challenge him in battle,others sought to bring his head to their boss or employers,but again he was no where to be found.Not even the legendary man Gambler had answers to his teammate's status or location,it was a mystery.

The truth is Akira was everywhere.He was there when the world was thrown into chaos by the Reascher and he was there when the Zero Squad decided to return with explosions,he just choose to watch and allow his complex brain to absorb more then ever.After the months passed by his observations changed his person once again,the Half Machine Half Mercenary  was upset by the lack of challenge the heroes had presented and noticed his allies had grown stronger and greater in numbers.It was time to tip the scale and balance out the world of warriors,so he left his brothers at the Fraternity and fled to the edges of the earth to finally come in contact with a man he had heard much about.....Ruin Cross.Akira came to Ruin with a proposition,using his high reputation to his benefits.He was to become a General in the army of the Bladed Angels in exchange for joining and gaining access to the Cyborg army Ruin commanded,it was the perfect plan and Ruin unknowingly made a deal with the Devil himself.

The sun was just rising and the General Overdrive had awoken to the sound of machinery and energy blast,as always.He arose from the bed and threw on his costume made silk robe which was imprinted with the Bladed Angel icon;grabbing his Katana he walked out of the room and headed down the golden floors of the Angel mansion,he had a slight notion of a warrior prescence poking at him since he was just begginng to awake,and it wasn't any of the men who where part of the team.It was a spiritualized prescence that only few could achieve and Akira knew that he was in for something exciting that evening.The Ghost found his way to the front door and cracked it open,at the step was a scroll;he knew exactly what kind of scroll it was and the meaning it had,so he gently kneeled down and picked it up with care after moving his katana to the back of his shoulders.

It was gold and consisted of mongolian text and ancient sayings,it read:

I know you have pondered this possibility for as long as I have, let’s put this temptation into reality. 

With honor,
Morte Rapida

The letter was water marked with directions to a location in Beverly Hills.

Akira smiled and looked to the sun with a hand covering his eyes,he stared for a second then smiled and said.

"Amaterasu,you show me the way,and I thank you."

With haste Akira dashed back to his quarters and threw his robe to the ground,then grabbed the black ninja garb that he wore,from the closet.It had the Bladed Angels Icon across the chest in white.He then grabbed the Flat Space gauntlets and slipped on his wrist,followed by the legendary hanzo sword he carried with much pride.Last but not lest he latched the scroll onto his waist and opened his large window,then jumped without hesitation....a few seconds from the ground he simply said "Door" and an orangish portal opened and sucke the Cyborg Assassin in,then spit him out to his destination.It was a beautiful  place,a zen-like garden with cherry blossoms and  a  small koi fish pond.Akira smiled and  let his katana  shimmer in the sunlight as he silently pulled it out.

He hoisted the scroll high into the air and looked around for the infamous Morte Rapida.

"I'm here."

The battle was soon to began,and surely one of these men would be close to death.

#3 Edited by Morte Rapida (1614 posts) - - Show Bio

Morte Rapida was standing in the luscious garden with his hands crossed behind his back taking in the beauty of the surrounding nature; it calmed him and aided his intense focus with a sort of revitalized sense of clarity.  As the dark ninja was taking in his environment, he noticed an unnatural variation in temperature in wind direction.  Suddenly, a portal appeared and The Living Weapons current adversary leaped out with the ancient scroll that scripted the issued challenge which brought him here.  Morte had his back towards him with his hands still crossed.  In battle the ninjan warrior could never be rattled.  The reasoning for this is not only of his deep belief in his skill of all forms of combat, but also due to his lack of fear.  Fear isn't an emotion he allows.  Fear is weakness, those who do not fear death are fearless.  The trick is to not confuse fearlessness with stupidity, this is learned from wisdom and experience.  The dark ninja hoped his opposition learned this lesson as well.  Morte was both excited and collected for the war which lied ahead, for in his mind nothing is more glorious than dominance in the field of combat, it was the pure definitive characteristic of a true warrior.

"I'm here." - Akira

Akira Overdrive had arrived.  Morte relished the moment; he closed his eyes and took a deep breath.  His body relaxed, and confidence soaring, the silent assassin raised his head to gaze at the clouds up above while his back was still facing the cybernetic assassin and he began to speak.....

"I am glad you came, it's a shame it has taken this long for this to happen.  With all the battles, all the marks, and all the challengers I have won, defeated, or killed, it was always been the fellow death dealers I took the most joy in facing.  There's a sort of an appreciation involved, you know what I mean?  It's hard to find a warrior nowadays.   There are too many softies out there and none of them are willing to go all the way.  There's rules, authorities, reputations, blah blah blah.......it's the trivial bullsh!t that takes all the fun out of it.  It's like wearing a rubber your first time, sort of dims the experience....don't you agree?  When you are a trained killer, the safety is always off and that's the way I do business.  My shidoshi use to tell me of the times Vikings roamed the seas.  He would go into detail how they would slaughter and pillage and utterly destroy civilizations.  They created fear everywhere they went.  During their reign they went unchallenged and conquered whomever they pleased.  Even as a child while being trained to be the perfect assassin, I admired the way the Vikings lived.  I was taught to live like the Samurai, to honor and obey the code and protect the innocents. Why........who are they......what have they done for me to pledge such allegiance?!  I will not honor those who do not honor themselves.  I no longer wish to live as the Samurai did centuries ago dedicating my life to others, I want to conquer, slaughter my enemies, and take what I want.  I am a warrior, a killer; it's what I was born for.  As a killer I strive to be the best at my art, I challenge any and all who would oppose me just as the Vikings once did, hence your presence here today.

"So here we are Akira, two killers, will you give me the fight I yearn for?  We'll soon see my friend."
- Morte

Morte could see through his peripheral that Akira had unsheathed his Katana, its blade was reflecting the mid day sunlight.  The henzo sword was indeed a beautiful site.  The Former Death Angels Assassin turned to face his enemy.  He reached back and unsheathed his Diamente Katana from his highly decorated scabbard which decrypted scripture from ancient Samurai philosophers.  He stood still for a moment, as if he were taking one last glance over his opponent sizing him up, or just soaking up the memory before the ensuing chaos.  The dark ninja then whipped his katana into position for an aggressive Kenjutsu stance.  Morte moved in to close the distance on his fellow assassin.   He began Stalking him waiting for the perfect opportunity to strike or counter strike.  As the ninja approached he kept intense eye contact while monitoring every physical aspect of both Akira and the battlefield environment.  While preparing to engage, Morte quickly teleported.

The first of the series of offensive attacks began while Morte was in mid teleportation with the ninja swinging his Diamente Katana in a downward diagonal position while using the ushiro technique targeting Akira's neck and upper torso.  He timed the attack just right so as soon as he appeared in front of the cyborg his sword was millimeters from making contact with its intended target.  As soon as Morte completed the bladed attack he transitioned the momentum into his lower body and crouched down with incredible speed and spun his body 360 degrees while fully extending his right leg and whipping it around for a violent reverse sweep fluidly without breaking motion during the multiple attack combination.  After the sweep, the Practitioner of Precision performed a Capoeria movement called a Dobrado (a movement which originates in the crouching position and the person performing leans back into a handstand and twists their body until they are facing their opponent again while transitioning back to their feet).

After his combination, Morte uses the Dobrado movement to create space between himself and Akira and reassumes his Katana based Kenjutsu style preparing to attack once again.  The battle now had officially begun.   Two of the world’s greatest assassins were now trying to end each other, and neither would have it any other way. 

Let it begin........

#4 Posted by Akira Overdrive (10077 posts) - - Show Bio

Akira Overdrive had waited all his long life for a battle like this,no one has even come close to the potential that this man had,it was exciting,excruciatingly anticipated,and utterly blood pumping.What would be the outcome of this epic fight between the two assassins of the century?How would the legends fair against each ones unique and different skills?That could only be found out by a duel to the death,and a fight that tested the limits of the man who claimed himself to bring everything into "overdrive."It was that time.As Akira stood he noticed the Morte had appeared from his peacful position and acknowledged the fact that Akira was there,Morte turned around and greeted Akira with a slur of honorable words and sharp dialect.Akira showed respect and sheathed his blade.

"I am glad you came, it's a shame it has taken this long for this to happen.  With all the battles, all the marks, and all the challengers I have won, defeated, or killed, it was always been the fellow death dealers I took the most joy in facing.  There's a sort of an appreciation involved, you know what I mean?  It's hard to find a warrior nowadays.   There are too many softies out there and none of them willing to go all the way.  There's rules, authorities, reputations, blah blah blah.......it's the trivial bullsh!t that takes all the fun out of it.  It's like wearing a rubber your first time, sort of dims the experience....don't you agree?  When you are a trained killer, the safety is always off and that's the way I do business.  My shidoshi use to tell me of the times Vikings roamed the seas.  He would go into detail how they would slaughter and pillage and utterly destroy civilizations.  They created fear everywhere they went.  During their reign they went unchallenged and conquered whomever they pleased.  Even as a child while being trained to be the perfect assassin, I admired the way the Vikings lived.  I was taught to live like the Samurai, to honor and obey the code and protect the innocents. Why........who are they......what have they done for me to pledge such allegiance?!  I will not honor those who do not honor themselves.  I no longer wish to live as the Samurai did centuries ago dedicating my life to others, I want to conquer, slaughter my enemies, and take what I want.  I am a warrior, a killer; it's what I was born for.  As a killer I strive to be the best at my art, I challenge any and all who would oppose me just as the Vikings once did, hence your presence here today.

"So here we are Akira, two killers, will you give me the fight I yearn for?  We'll soon see my friend."

The words were almost as edged as the Hanzo Akira held and cut deep into the warriors soul,but not in a painful way,just in a way that merely inspired the deranged mercenary known as The Silencer.Then there it was,the famed sword of Morte Rapida.It made a sound as it was pulled from the sheathe and the there was silence between the great killers.Akira could feel the vibrations and he could touch every sound,he knew when the balance of the wind changed and when Morte shifted his right foot forward to assume the Kenjutsu position,it was beautiful the way he could just listen and see better then the hawk itself.

But all that could be enjoyed was ceased when Morte Rapida rushed in then teleported right before striking,that was great,but Akira knew all to well the art of dissapering and contorted his abdomen to bend under the swift diagonal strike which caught the seams of the ninja garb and caused a slight tear. Akira stabbed his sheathed Katana into the ground,and quickly used it as a pivot to twirl around and face Morte.Next came a devastating leg sweep which was luckily adverted by the matrix like agility Akira had at his disposal,he lept over it,then grabbed the hilt of his grounded katana and used the momentum to pull only the blade out at the same time clutching his feet onto the scabbard then bouncing off of it showing spider-like dexterity.

While in the air he launched six grenades at the fellow ninja,and smiled as he landed and dashed to the right of Morte with uncanny speed,he slid on the ground and launched three kunai at three trees on opposite sides of Morte,attached to the kunai was thin invisble wire that formed a triangle like shape around the Analytical Assassin,the wire was tied to three of the grenade pins while the other three grenades flew above Morte.

"Bang,Bang,Bang"

Akira had already drew his pistols and fired bullets straight for the in flight Grenades that hung above his rival.

#5 Edited by Morte Rapida (1614 posts) - - Show Bio

Akira was very skilled; he was able to defend Morte's offensive assault skillfully.  As The Living Weapon sliced his Diamente Katana with incredible accuracy, the cybernetic assassin was able to contort his abdomen just in time to avert the blade.  It was a very impressive defensive posture which would have been impossible to perform for the average man.  Morte's follow up attack was unsuccessful as well.  Using the momentum of the ushiro slash with his katana sword, the dark ninja dropped his position to perform a reverse leg sweep.  The Cyborg was able to dodge the powerful maneuver by leaping over and using the scabbard of his own sword to spring upward in an incredible display of flexibility and balance.  Before Morte could respond offensively, the Silencer had launched a half dozen grenades toward him.  As soon as Akira's feet hit the ground he began to sprint with astonishing speed to the right side of the dark ninja.  The Silencer then slid into the ground and threw three kunai with thin wire attached to 3 of the grenade pins which were now above Morte's position.  The wire that was attached to the kunai was now strategically attached to 3 surrounding trees creating a triangular perimeter which was linked to the grenades.  To finish the combination in the well placed assault the Cyborg fired a clip off from his gun.  It was a very clever and precisely planned positional attack.

"Not bad, you move well, now it's my turn" - Morte

It was now the Analytical Assassins time to act.  Morte quickly reached into his wrist sash and pulled 6 acidic cerchi discs and launched them into the kunai which were lodged into the surrounded trees.  He needed to neutralize them before the grenades were set off.  The acid instantly dissolved the wire that was attached to the grenade pins rendering them useless.   He then turned his attention to the three grenades which suddenly exploded above his position.  Using his compressional abilities, Morte captured the energy caused by the grenades before the blast wave expanded.  He imploded the energy and manipulated it into a focused concussion wave and forced the harnessed detonation back toward Akira with blazing speed.  While Morte hurled the focused energy, Akira's bullets were fired and set in motion.  The heat from the explosion was able to detour all but two of the bullets.   The first bullet narrowly missed the silent assassin soaring by his left ear, but the second ripped through his left upper shoulder splattering blood over the once lively garden.  The contract killer grimaced in pain from the burning sensation left by the bullet.  He couldn’t let the pain keep him from attacking in order to keep his enemy on the defensive until he got the feeling back in his arm.

The technical tactician wasted no time in getting back on the offensive.  Morte activated his diamond enforced knuckle blades and prepared to engage his elusive counterpart in close quarter combat.  With the impact of the focused energy based concussion wave, the immediate surroundings were beginning to look like a warzone.  There was smoke and brush fires encompassing the environment.  The former Death Angels Assassin leaped through the chaos and closed in on his enemy not bothering to analyze Akira for visible damage from his compressional attack.  Once in range Morte assumed the style of the deadly Chinese derived art of San Soo which is based upon lethal striking techniques.  The martial arts master unleashed a violent flurry of strikes. 

The first of the combination was a variated left hook targeting the trachea, followed by a sharp uppercut using the tip of the right elbow toward the bridge of the nose, then an intense hammer fist using the right hand while it peaked in position from the elbow strike.  After the hammer fist, the dark warrior threw a straight left haymaker with incredible force toward the lower jaw followed by a lightning quick front kick using the heel of his right foot in an attempt to crack his adversaries sternum.   The speed and fluidity of the series of strikes were thrown with grace, speed, and laced with bad intentions.

Morte leaped backward into the air after his hand to hand onslaught performing a half back twist tossing a diamond formation of highly powerful disintegrating cerchi surrounding Akira cutting off all angles of escape.  Once the cerchi activated it destroyed the surrounding wooded area.  The nearby town in Beverly Hills was now aware of the battle, buildings were now burning and sirens could be heard in the distance. 

The two deadly assassins were now about to have an audience.  You could see the abundance of spoiled rich kids running up to the scene talking on their I-phone’s trying to tape the war as if it were a street fight to throw on youtube.  Cops were yelling into the CB systems calling for reinforcements due to the damage being caused.

The War had just begun......

#6 Posted by Akira Overdrive (10077 posts) - - Show Bio
"You have got to be shitting me."

The Death Dealer himself was surprised and amazed at the assassin's display and of diversions and dodging the well planned out kunai and grenade strike.Akira could do nothing but smile and give a small chuckle as his bullets drew blood,but soon the aftershock of  the grenade explosion came at Akira with deadly speed and pushed Akira back through the air,he would break his neck at the angle and speed his was traveling at,heading straight for a cop car that had just arrived.There was little chance of surviving an impact like that,and Akira had already broke a rib,but he twisted his body to pick up more speed and eventually reached the car,though he was fine.He planted his feet on the door then pushed off with incredible speed,the car was sent flying back and the windows and metal was crushed.

Akira was know in mid-air flying straight for Morte with a haymaker like attack,and he had noticed that the ninja had prepared a strike on his own with diamond weapons that would destroy bone and marrow.The tactical brain of the Ghost was working as fast as possible.Akira reached Morte and spun around the first punch Morte through,then an uppercut;Akira backflipped out of the way but was caught by the elbow strike,then his jaw cracked when the heel of Morte met his face.Still Akira stood his ground and caught the foot that came with haste and attempted to twist it.The Cerchi exploded all around Akira but luckily his fast reflexes adverted anymore damage as he danced around the impact like a ballet dancer.

"Your good Morte......"

Broken rib.Broken Jaw.Dislocated shoulder.Most would consider such injuries fatal and no one would dare fight under these circumstances.That wasn't case here,Akira didn't come here to lose,he didn't come to lose to Morte Rapida.He came to fight.Akira leaned back onto his right hand and switched into a handstand then pushed off the ground into the air with a graceful poise.He landed further away from his rival then popped his shoulder back into its socket after cracking his jaw back in place.The crowd of police and kids all shyed away when the heard the bones pop back into place,now it was serious business.

"......but Iam better"

The Ghost boasted loud enough so that everyone could here.He then dropped all of his weapons  and the flat space gauntlets that allowed him to carry  infinite amounts ammo.War has just started and Akira was the living embodiment of Ares.Without any further delay Akira began his assualt and held nothing back,utilizing his super speed he began to shift his left hand at super speeds causing it to look as if it wasn't there,it was vibrating at incalculable speeds and a mere touch would rearrange molecules or some other devastating effect.Though that was no his aim,a grin ran across the face of AO as he pummeled his fist into the Earth causing earthquakes and tremors,and soon chasm in the ground.That wasn't it,the Human Katana made sure that his attack would not be flawed as he went straight in for another attack,bringing the game back to Morte's trump card,hand to hand fighting.

Swift fluid movements were key;Akira sent his infamous round house straight for the face of Morte Rapida,simultaneously  dropping his body to preform a leg sweep that he had watched Morte do earlier,and of course this one was more devestating and much more faster.Yet,the assault was not over.Akira dropped back with enough space to aim and fire his fist straight for the heart of Morte with a perfectly angled "One inch Punch."