More space stuff, please!

Avatar image for spectacle_storytelling
Spectacle_Storytelling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I have awesome ideas for space-themed stuff, but there is not enough interest or content yet for me to bother.

Who's willing to help me make new characters and locations to expand the Vine universe out to the stars?

Avatar image for quintus_knightfall
Quintus_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It seemed like for a minute, awhile back, space was about to take off. It just never got the traction :/

Inevitable_One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's actually quite a few space locations/characters, but like Q said, sci-fi stuff tends to have brief flurries of activity, and then people seem to lose interest.

Avatar image for nemesis_liafador
Nemesis_Liafador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@quintus_knightfall: Yeah, it did. I think that two of the people interested in space who really moved that section of things along (Joygirl and Zauby) aren't active right now, and that has something to do with it. I've been contemplating doing some space stuff myself, though. I know of at least one RPer who has a ton of space-related things that they can work with.

flucks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I could never get in the mindset of space and aliens and whatnot. Tried, but it just got boring the more I thought about it. What can you do in space in CVnU that you can't do on Earth?

_Creed_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Space was never meant to happen on CV.

Inevitable_One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Inevitable_One

@flucks: This, for starters:

Loading Video...

Spectacle_Storytelling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flucks said:

What can you do in space in CVnU that you can't do on Earth?

This:

No Caption Provided

Spectacle_Storytelling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Quintus_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its strange cause I like Star-Trek and LOVE Star Wars but can never seem to stay interested in CV space.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

I'm feeling the need for a Star Wars rewatch soon

Inevitable_One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@quintus_knightfall: Well, honestly, Earth is where most of the action has been, and where most of the canon has been built. It's like with MMORPG's; you don't keep coming back to one because the others are no good, you keep coming back because that is where you have invested the most time and effort, and have the most to show for it.

_Knox_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not enough alien invasions.

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

Don't even try.

LunaHawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have space fleets, space locations and a space borne species. The stuff is out there and I would certainly be willing to partake.

Legacy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I actually do have an idea....interstellar-esque

TheFlashFire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i just made a space warlord alt, and will soon make his space location

i also have a planet called necron..

_Creed_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@legacy_ said:

I actually do have an idea....interstellar-esque

Does it pay?

http://media.giphy.com/media/j3JrzBkNmm13O/giphy.gif

ia_espada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good luck with the space narratives, man. Those are probably the hardest to get going on CV. I've dropped I think two location threads already trying to give CVnU Space a push but its really difficult to keep people interested in nU Space, its just not something that picks up a lot of steam here. Inner Demon/Inevitable One/Nordok/Alpha Dog is one of the go-to guys if you wanna do space stuff though, the man's a master :)

waybig10101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would be good for Space NP

Medusa_Merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd be down for some Death Star type crap. Huge ships that can function as expendable worldspaces. Sure, your planet has a death laser, but my planet can actually use it!

Or I might just stick to my Earth guns because most of them are Earth characters.

I have 3 characters (a family, all one account) who are alien royalty, a robot (I can send him to space) and this wonderful lizard man who I'm posting from, which can also do space stuff. Otherwise I'm earthbound.

Although 3 is alot. And nothing's stopping me from making a new character (unfortunately :P), so yeah, space works. I'm pro-space, so long as it doesn't dominate CV. *shudders at the thought of supernaturals*

Avatar image for deactivated-59c716930b8a6
deactivated-59c716930b8a6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have a super powerful character that has been throughout space before. Intending to post a few stories of his time in space.

As stated before, CVnU Space periodically becomes active. For like a second, it becomes somewhat popular, and then dies right down. I don't think it'll every REALLY catch on in the CVnU, but one can try, of course.

i just made a space warlord alt, and will soon make his space location

i also have a planet called necron..

And then I'm going to blow it up :)

GreeenDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm definitely interested in a cosmic story, i really want to get involved and I like cosmic stories.

Corvus_Redding

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love space themed RPs. But the thing that sucks about them is they have a tendency to always return to Earth in one manner or another, which can be quite boring.

Quintus_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@quintus_knightfall: Well, honestly, Earth is where most of the action has been, and where most of the canon has been built. It's like with MMORPG's; you don't keep coming back to one because the others are no good, you keep coming back because that is where you have invested the most time and effort, and have the most to show for it.

That makes sense. I dont know. There are numerous threads and users always say they wanna do more space. And yet...it never takes off :/

Inevitable_One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maverick_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Maverick_6

@lunahawk: @medusa_merc: @la_espada: @inevitable_one: @dreadpool10:

Maybe everyone is going about it wrong.

My line of thinking is inevitable is right. Earth has a lot of investment into it. So, the solution I see? Instead of just bringing space to earth with invasions, bring earth to space. I remember dark hellfire club talking about it a while back. Expand with perhaps meaningful relations between earth amd other worlds.

Lets have earth take it's "baby steps" into space. People don't want to invest in Alternate universes for the same reason. But this is one universe. I can see earth expanding into space, what with all the technology that exists.

It can start slowly with a few before it somehow can possibly become more common. I'm considering getting Maverick about as far as their current tech allows. (Mars) And making a high tier character who can travel to earth and be in space. Something more versatile then an exclusively space.

Cause otherwise, dunno.

LunaHawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By LunaHawk
Avatar image for deactivated-59c716930b8a6
deactivated-59c716930b8a6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

flucks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spectacle_storytelling: @inevitable_one:

But thats my point, the battlefield aspect is the only angle I can see. Nobody has really ever sold heavily an alien race with its own culture that I know of (If you have I probably wasnt around during it.) Athat actually stands apart from maki a new country on earth. Weve also alreasy got advanced tech thats pretty much on par with anything an alien race might have. Im not saying space cant bw interesting but someone needs to push outside the box and find a new angle.

LunaHawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dreadpool10:

Same person different accounts =).

Yes I am, it's a bit slow because I'm looking for characters in RP events and such.

Avatar image for doctor_wheatley
Doctor_Wheatley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Doctor_Wheatley

I have a lot of experience for space military role playing from my other backgrounds of RP sites. Literally just dreadnought designs after another, I actually have @the-legion for space battles ready to go lol. It's not done yet though, I only designed the legs and power core so far.

Trinity-Blue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe one of the most notable, but I don't think I'd consider myself "one of the people who really got space moving along." I keep meaning to devote myself to Trinity (and that) in a more laser-like way, but I always get distracted...

Maverick_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@greeendragon: Oh don't mind me. Just acknowledging you exist ;)

@Lunahawk: Gotta include more people, more names. More general conscious. You might have declared earth apart of it but earth and nobody here has to acknowledge it. Thus it will practically become non-canon.

LunaHawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maverick_6:

They've already shown up in one RP and will do so in other RP events that involve aliens attacking Earth. I have plans to fully flesh out the Thousand Worlds and would love to use it as part of a wider space based event.

Vocal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Vocal

I constantly want to bring in the Deveyeant (alt Mintaya_Olair) in. Did put a lot of work into them.

But with an event with a race that has Asari/Cortana as a look and Halo space craft I of course want to post pics which can't be done on the mobile

Leland_Owlsley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I always wanted to bring a couple of my characters into space, just never felt like I found the right setting for them.

Vocal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Vocal

@leland_owlsley: the benefit to space stuff is if you can't find a local you can make one. Can create a world for it at your leisure.

That's one of to me the appeals to space stuff. All conventions can be thrown out the window it's just a matter of how much do you want to develop it. Though it'd help to have some back up the RPG scene needs more then one player for things to run (I'd be willing to help anyone looking to try and launch stuff. Pm this account and Lioness_)

Leland_Owlsley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vocal: I've got a few ideas I could shoot around for a planet. I'm not sure how far I could develop it, but it'd be better than nothing I guess.

Lioness_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leland_owlsley:

Feel free to launch a pm if you want I don't mind helping out ^.^

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

I will down with some space stuff.

As long it has nothing to do with Earth.

Leland_Owlsley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anybody got some more space ideas to shoot around?

Spectacle_Storytelling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leland_owlsley: I have a really big solar system I've been considering making. By really big I mean sixty fertile, Earth-like planets, and two suns.

Leland_Owlsley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spectacle_Storytelling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leland_owlsley: It's an engineered solar system. It was created by an ancient race and later colonized by other races after they moved on. It was inspired by this:

No Caption Provided

Leland_Owlsley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers