Misconceptions of your character

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@necrommander: All kinds of messed up stuff use to happen in comics. Hal Jordon was sleeping with an under aged girl, Frank Miller was turning every female character he could get his hands on into a prostitute and so forth.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd6e53f65ed0
deactivated-5cd6e53f65ed0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lady_liberty: Civil "forced" fans to upgrade their suspensions of disbelief lol

Avatar image for damian_carlisle
Damian_Carlisle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Necrommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lady_liberty: Ugh. This is why I stick with Masters of the Universe. Absolutely no sexual undertones there! None at all! :P

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@necrommander: Nothing at all suggestive about a man who gets his powers from his giant sword ;-P

@nikademus: Civil War was the best idea with the worst execution.

Necrommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lady_liberty: Okay, fine! He doesn't always use the sword, though! Sometimes he has to subdue giant snakes with his bare hands!

Wait...
Wait...

Avatar image for superior_nobody
Superior_Nobody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's not actually a happy camper.

The_B_List

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2208  Edited By The_B_List

The B List is basically super-villain slavery.

Maverick_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2209  Edited By Maverick_6

Sentinel Hawk watched the grenade fire and explode and was grateful for the audio dampener installed in her helmet. Don't need my ears ringing. "What do you need me to do?" She asked the MORS, trying to remind herself to act better as part of a team, she still struggled with that from time to time.

One cannot really "talk" to a M.O.R.S. because yes, they have human shape, but lack the same type of intelligence of humans. They are more linear in thought process, like machines/computers.

With them being organic drones that have no concept of true self awareness or thought process beyond what the mission is, they lack tactical know-how of even the most base of concepts. with conceptual knowledge perhaps being something like a mish-mash between a terminator or dolphin. They can talk, but only with things they know how to say and more often then not, when they do speak , it's a program command or something they are relaying/ordered to say.

As a member of Maverick, one would never at all consult any M.O.R.S. because attempting to consult with one is like asking a war dog what to do.

Hence my response.

The M.O.R.S did not give her a response, as it wasn't programmed to. Indeed, it lacked the mental capacity to indeed offer any kind of response. It more or less ignored her, not acting towards her because it did not see Sentinel Hawk as "Munoz." It saw Sentinel Hawk as "Non-Hostile entity."

This is the reason as to why their entire army isn't composed of them. They can't do complex tasks like that. They're more like terminators with animal-like instincts and tactics, who just happen to use guns and act sort of like humans when they aren't biting people's faces off.

Ir1t-4t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2210  Edited By Ir1t-4t

@maverick_6: between terminator and dolphin is a pretty wide range. Dolphins are the most intelligent beings in the world, after all. Edit: It was second-most intelligent.

Xenobite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am not made up of insects, they simply smell the brimestone of the Necroplasm drenched on my decaying flesh (when I allow there to be flesh on my body) and come to it for a feast.

Maverick_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2212  Edited By Maverick_6

@ir1t-4t said:

@maverick_6: between terminator and dolphin is a pretty wide range. Dolphins are the most intelligent beings in the world, after all. Edit: It was second-most intelligent.

Then, think of them as cybernetic, ruthless, terminator dolphins :)

Ir1t-4t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maverick_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ir1t-4t said:

@maverick_6: do they have frikkin laser beams?

The better for downing those pesky dinosaurs :)
The better for downing those pesky dinosaurs :)

Maverick_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2216  Edited By Maverick_6
Avatar image for naamah_obyzouth
Naamah_Obyzouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Naamah Prime is not a demon, she is a Goddess. Lesser Naamah is not a demon, she is the avatar of a Goddess. Eufrit is as Lesser Naamah, save for slight cosmetic differences. Naamah Prime has a soul, her avatars do not.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd6e53f65ed0
deactivated-5cd6e53f65ed0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• Does fly (he can not)
  • Does have insane physical strength or durability (he does not)
King_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2220  Edited By King_

Is a asshole.

He just knows he's better then everyone else

Vinicius_Corvo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2221  Edited By Vinicius_Corvo

Jedi Guardian

Sith Aggressor

I don't want to get another cease and desist letter from Disney, people.

AdmiralLogic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2222  Edited By AdmiralLogic

@naamah_obyzouth: I thought the word avatar litterally meant a Spirit in a body? Or god spirit or something.

Argus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• The Avatar of my profile does not accurately reflect how Argus appears when he does his blogs or appears in public. In all of his blogs or streams, he a wears a mask that protects against facial recognition scans and against retina scanning. In public, he can look like basically anyone.
  • Ballcap and hoodie are usually worn on the rare occasions he does vigilante work himself.
K_Brimstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That he enjoys killing or hurting people.

Avatar image for naamah_obyzouth
Naamah_Obyzouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@admirallogic: Naamah Primes avatars are basically extensions of herself. They only exist because she Wills it so. For an example Dark Naamah represents only one part of Naamah Prime, her Dark side. In order for Naamah Prime to maintain balance within herself. All of the residual energies manifests itself in the form of her avatars.

AdmiralLogic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maverick_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2227  Edited By Maverick_6

Most named people of Maverick aren't very well known. Only Bold is, because he interfaces with the public. Information on Moya and Bradshaw can be found with digging as they have lived very conventional early lives. Actual, true Infiormation on Nemaz and Jackal is difficult to find, and as far as most any government can reach, practicaly non-existant. Prometheus is diffcult to find out about and has very little unmonitored interface with anyone, due to being an AI.

Ishmael_Strix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is nowhere near an "elite" or "complete" level martial artist. As a normal human operating without the aid of didactic memory or photographic reflexes, Ishmael's combat progression remains a slow yet steady evolution. He'll never become an accredited "master" of every form of martial arts as its simply an unrealistic achievement. This then forces him to careful focus on particular skill sets and techniques in an effort to create a consistent foundation, rather then picking up and dropping various forms. There just simply isnt enough time for him as a human to 'master' the incalculable number of every martial technique.

_Drake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both his parents are player-controlled characters. One is a new character (mother) and the other is an already established character, but shhhhhhh.

Is nowhere near an "elite" or "complete" level martial artist. As a normal human operating without the aid of didactic memory or photographic reflexes, Ishmael's combat progression remains a slow yet steady evolution. He'll never become an accredited "master" of every form of martial arts as its simply an unrealistic achievement. This then forces him to careful focus on particular skill sets and techniques in an effort to create a consistent foundation, rather then picking up and dropping various forms. There just simply isnt enough time for him as a human to 'master' the incalculable number of every martial technique.

Tell that to Batman.

Ishmael_Strix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_drake: Batman is about as human as Thor is interesting.

They're not

Nobody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They're not

I can't believe I'll say this, G, but...

You can be my wingman anytime.
You can be my wingman anytime.

Ishmael_Strix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nobody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ishmael_strix: CV better call Kenny Loggins,

cause they're in the Danger Zone.
cause they're in the Danger Zone.

Soliton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nikoleta_Strix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nobody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This was supposed to be a Danger Zone bro-moment, guys. Let's all pretend Kenny Loggins is playing on the background and we're all on pilot jumpsuits and aviators.

NighThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

They're not

Herd u was talkn shit
Herd u was talkn shit

Hound_of_War

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They're not

Honestly. Thank you. It completly pisses me off when the battle forums say "Batman is just a human lolz, how is he able to _____. That doesn't make any sense."

Human physiology in the DC universe works different than in real life, but it's just too difficult for them to wrap their heads around that, yet they find a guy who turns green and huge whenever he gets angry (and the angrier he gets, the stronger he gets) completly reasonable.

Semi-rant over.

Nobody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's gone now.
It's gone now.

Ishmael_Strix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hound_of_war: Yeah they (battle forums) would lose their shit over Cass too. Comicbook human is still RL superhuman but there's also the fact that writers arent crafting these terms, labels, and feats based off battle forum believability. And I'm pretty sure the whole Peak Human statistic is a Marvel Exclusive. I dont believe the term is used in any of the DC handbooks and stat based comics.

The_Shogun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NighThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2242  Edited By NighThunder

In comics, you can train yourself to be a superhuman lol

That said I don't really see people arguing over a feat's legitness (If it isn't clearly PIS) just based upon the character supposedly being human .

Ishmael_Strix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maverick_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2244  Edited By Maverick_6

A lot of what Batman does isn't PiS.

He's consistently ridiculous :]

Ishmael_Strix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2245  Edited By Ishmael_Strix

That said I don't really see people arguing over a feat's legitness (If it isn't clearly PIS) just based upon the character supposedly being human .

Maybe that changed then. Use to be a give in with Batman, Snake Eyes, Cass, etc etc Shiva, especially when dealing with Speed and Reflexes that you were going to have to fight off an onslaught of "she's human she cant do that. They're human thats PIS" even though they were feats replicated throughout several publications, writers, and storylines.

NighThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2246  Edited By NighThunder

@ishmael_strix said:
@nighthunder said:

Maybe that changed then. Use to be a give in with Batman, Snake Eyes, Cass, etc etc Shiva, especially when dealing with Speed and Reflexes that you were going to have to fight off an onslaught of "she's human she cant do that. They're human thats PIS" even though they were feats replicated throughout several publications, writers, and storylines.

It has lol

Most battles people regularly cite those scans of her reacting to bullets and I don't see many people disputing it on that basis.

Ishmael_Strix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nighthunder: nice nice. I think part of that too is she's so well researched now. Everybody has seen the same 5/6 scans. Back in the day she was relatively new (for battles), unknown. It actually amazed me how little people knew about Shiva, David, and Cass Cain. Maybe now the scans have beaten people into submission lol Either way, Thor still sucks :P

_Drake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2248  Edited By _Drake
Ishmael_Strix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A lot of what Batman does isn't PiS.

He's consistently ridiculous :]

hahaha I laughed. Batman is still one of my fav characters and I like that he's just "human" hanging with characters he never should (from a story standpoint). But trying to manufacture legit reasons why he can defeat, survive, achieve (insert ridiculous thing here) is a fools gauntlet lol

Maverick_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2250  Edited By Maverick_6

@nighthunder said:

In comics, you can train yourself to be a superhuman lol

It only kind of irks me when people say "He's just a human! That's so cool!" When in actuality he's a human, who beats the crap out of gorilla sized guys who can rip a guy's arms off and kick bikes in half. I like Batman even, but I just like him in a way that doesn't really look at him as if he is human. More just a superhuman with human slapped on that has to be tactical. He still has that underdog appeal due to being weaker than a lot of people he fights on paper. But a badass normal I don't really see him as much as, tbh.

Someone like Sokka from Avatar is who I see as totally a normal, Kaenada from Akira or the Punisher before he started eating punches from anti-venom and sentry.