Mars Discussion Thread

No Caption Provided

Since everybody is grabbing territory I suppose I'd like to take a try, as for the subject I want for my faction to have large amount of territory on Mars (not all of it more like 40%) now the reason I would like to have a large amount of territory on Mars is because I believe it would be interesting for one of my advance factions (Cerberus mainly) to set up large operations on Mars which can lead to interesting RPG threads.

(I was thinking if I got the go ahead status on territory take over I can make a DOOM style RPG where people can fight Demons on Mars!)

You know what you have to do, anything within the solar system has to obtained like any empire so you have to be open to other people fighting you for the territory among the standard empire rules.

@morte_knightfall: What I'm planning is waaay smaller than an empire, the closest it could come to would be like Weyland Yutani corporation.

@morte_knightfall: What I'm planning is waaay smaller than an empire, the closest it could come to would be like Weyland Yutani corporation.

40% of Mars is definetely an Empire. The rules are basically that if it's real land, and not just a building or something, you have to consider the repercussions that would have.

@_cerberus_: Well, its still establishing territory on Mars. Also, you said you wanted roughly 40% of Mars, that is a very big territory LOL, so empire rules still apply I think.

@xcryptidx said:

@_cerberus_ said:

40% of Mars is definetely an Empire. The rules are basically that if it's real land, and not just a building or something, you have to consider the repercussions that would have.

Oh than my bad :P

@_cerberus_: Well, its still establishing territory on Mars. Also, you said you wanted roughly 40% of Mars, that is a very big territory LOL, so empire rules still apply I think.

Is it okay if I don't call it an empire, I want it to be called a "colony"

@_cerberus_: You can call it whatever you want but its still an empire nonetheless.

@morte_knightfall: well than can this be considered the ooc for the Mars thread or not?

@strongarm: well I doubt a lot of people would want mars yet :P they're too busy fighting over south america or something.

@morte_knightfall: so wait for three days, than make the thread?

or wait three days and than wait a week before making the thread?

@_cerberus_: There are already bigger players in space

like that guy who runs the Exemplaria thread

@strongarm: Cerberus wouldn't mind sharing with heroes, villains on the other hand yikes.

@_cerberus_: Three days to respond to the OOC are given to anyone who wants to fight you on claiming this territory. Whoever, in those three days, says they want to challenge you for the territory has to be allowed into the RP that'll follow.

The week thing would be if you wanted to takeover someone's empire.

@strongarm: hopefully they won't care about mars, Cerberus will however have boosts in security if it comes down to it

@morte_knightfall:

and if everything is quiet for those three days I can make the thread?

@strongarm: Than I guess I just have to build anti air,vehicle and infantry units and prepare for battle if it comes down to that :P

@_cerberus_: look exemplaria, look at the thread starter

then read rest of bio and links

@strongarm: I know giant city sized monsters and high techy space ships :P, thing is there's a higher chance of somebody attacking Exemplaria than wanting to attack a faction on Mars.

@_cerberus_: Mars is roughly half the size of Earth, so saying you want 40% of Mars is a similar amount of land to 20% of Earth... To put that into perspective, only like 30% of Earth is land to begin with.

Just saying, for what you've got planned... Do you really need THAT much space? A 'colony' does not need to span nearly 60 MILLION kilometres...

@_eclipse_: the actual land territory is not going to be populated every inch, that 40% is for people to come and visit a secured area and created their own things on mars (I'm asking for less than half and allowing people to build what they want under Cerberus)

@_cerberus_: Just trying to make sure you understand the numbers involved here... That's an almost incomprehensible amount of land and actually attempting to enforce any sort of control over that just seems unrealistic to me.

I know no-one else is doing anything with that land, but it just seems excessive to me. You could do equally well with a piece of land the size of North America.

@_eclipse_: I do know that which is why it can make for fun rpgs (A war where somebody else wants all of mars!) or (Cerberus has released ancient demon aliens on one of the colonies! send in the Marines to fight their DOOM!) or (Mars the destination where lives are formed)

I'll contest ;P

@_cerberus_: One player. Pyrogram. No armies. Wait till others contest, I can't be an army on my own xP

@pyrogram: I guess I'll have to use Jen lol :P Cerberus don't have any other available heavy hitter right now.

#35 Icarusflies  Moderator

@pyrogram said:

@_cerberus_: One player. Pyrogram. No armies. Wait till others contest, I can't be an army on my own xP

I'll team Starheart up with you if you're cool with that.

@icarusflies: who's starheart O_o? am I going to get horribly pownt?

#37 Icarusflies  Moderator
#39 Icarusflies  Moderator

@_cerberus_: If Starheart is a problem I can bring in another one of my space-oriented characters instead

@icarusflies: yah sorry about that but my Cerberus forces won't be able to take Star Heart X_X.

#41 Icarusflies  Moderator

@_cerberus_: I'll have to go write up Io's nU bio then.

@pyrogram: @icarusflies: E.T.A. Two days before the Mars RPG do you guys have anything planned?

Nope. I'ma just go with the flow. May message Icky now though >.> But yeah. Pyro shall be contesting.

@pyrogram said:

@_cerberus_ said:

@pyrogram: @icarusflies: E.T.A. Two days before the Mars RPG do you guys have anything planned?

Nope. I'ma just go with the flow. May message Icky now though >.> But yeah. Pyro shall be contesting.

Since Ceberus forces are kinda of weak right now (story reasons that will be explained after the victory or defeat on the battle of mars) Jen will be present on Mars.

Forgot to officially sign off on this, but you followed the guidelines set up in the CVnU rules.