#201 Posted by _Tails_ (949 posts) - - Show Bio

@guardian_of_gravity: Okay, I'll be posting with Golem soon enough. Two questions-

1. Has anything that significantly effects the RPG happened yet, and if so what?
  2. Are there any giant monster/robot/alien commander Hierarcy? Like, Kaiju sized. I know the space Kracken was a joke, but Golem is a giant robot so I need to know dis :P
#202 Edited by Guardian_of_Gravity (2979 posts) - - Show Bio

@_tails_: The hierarchy is pushing forward to make it's landings after sustaining notable losses to the fleet.

And yes, the walkers (Assembly, Habitat, Science), Lady bug assault transports, Charybdis Hunters, and sectopods are pretty damn massive.

And some Chryssalids can grow to be very, very big.

#203 Posted by ThisIsGonnaHurt (30177 posts) - - Show Bio

@guardian_of_gravity:

Plan right now is to hold back as many Hierarchy dropships as possible while funneling them into Symaarian gunfire on land. Commandos will be doing most of the grunt work.

#204 Posted by Lady_Rosalina (194 posts) - - Show Bio
#205 Posted by ThisIsGonnaHurt (30177 posts) - - Show Bio

@lady_rosalina:

That's pretty much the same as all of the great plans in CV space battles:

Blow up EVERYTHING.

#206 Edited by Lady_Rosalina (194 posts) - - Show Bio

@last_man_standing: Yes but this time it involves mass teleporting an entire army through the Flow.

#207 Edited by ThisIsGonnaHurt (30177 posts) - - Show Bio

@lady_rosalina:

Teleport them to Tympori while the Symaarians are reinforcing Earth?

Or backwards...

I dunno, do what you want. I have numbers to spare.

#208 Edited by Lady_Rosalina (194 posts) - - Show Bio
#209 Posted by ThisIsGonnaHurt (30177 posts) - - Show Bio
#210 Edited by Lady_Rosalina (194 posts) - - Show Bio
#211 Posted by ThisIsGonnaHurt (30177 posts) - - Show Bio
#212 Posted by Lady_Rosalina (194 posts) - - Show Bio

@last_man_standing: The coalition liberation fleet is pretty damn big. Although Earth will probably be the focus. Especially since the battle for earth is kinda just phase 1.

#213 Edited by ThisIsGonnaHurt (30177 posts) - - Show Bio

@lady_rosalina:

Tympori is just a preliminary phase, I take it? Just testing the waters as far as how much the Symaarians have progressed since the last time the Hierarchy stuck their noses in that part of the universe?

#214 Edited by Lady_Rosalina (194 posts) - - Show Bio

@last_man_standing: The Hierarchy wasn't actually expecting people to be on Earth. They saw Masari tech signals promising the location of another MARATHON ring. They didn't detect any noteworthy tech from their long ranged scanners.

So Alpha's plan is to grab his SPEHSS MAP from the cities his fleet attacks and bug out to try and fire the Ring.

#215 Posted by ThisIsGonnaHurt (30177 posts) - - Show Bio

@lady_rosalina:

Meanwhile, the Symaarian-Novus-Cerberus alliance blasts them back to the stone age.

#216 Posted by Lady_Rosalina (194 posts) - - Show Bio

@last_man_standing: Novus-Droid-Imperial-Symaarian-Cerberus-Earth natives.

I'll invite you to the PM to see the outline.

#217 Edited by ThisIsGonnaHurt (30177 posts) - - Show Bio
#218 Posted by Lady_Rosalina (194 posts) - - Show Bio
#219 Posted by _Sawyer_ (248 posts) - - Show Bio

Let's do this.

#220 Posted by Guardian_of_Gravity (2979 posts) - - Show Bio

@_aquarius_: Yes.

Are you adding Atlantis to this or something? :P

#221 Posted by _Sawyer_ (248 posts) - - Show Bio
#222 Edited by Guardian_of_Gravity (2979 posts) - - Show Bio

@_aquarius_: Ah right, have anything under the sea to add? Even if it's just for this game?

#223 Edited by _Sawyer_ (248 posts) - - Show Bio

@guardian_of_gravity: I going to fight the aliens near a city by the ocean and bring some undersea creatures with me too.

#224 Edited by Guardian_of_Gravity (2979 posts) - - Show Bio

@_aquarius_: Patriot City and Exemplaria are coastal cities. Patriot touches the gulf of mexico while Exemplaria is in the cold northern atlantic.

#225 Posted by _Sawyer_ (248 posts) - - Show Bio
#226 Posted by Guardian_of_Gravity (2979 posts) - - Show Bio

@_aquarius_: Exemplaria is perhaps more defined as I have not made a Patriot city thread.

#227 Edited by _Sawyer_ (248 posts) - - Show Bio
#228 Posted by Guardian_of_Gravity (2979 posts) - - Show Bio
#229 Posted by Huntington_Falls (519 posts) - - Show Bio
#230 Posted by Guardian_of_Gravity (2979 posts) - - Show Bio
#231 Posted by Huntington_Falls (519 posts) - - Show Bio
#232 Edited by Guardian_of_Gravity (2979 posts) - - Show Bio
#233 Posted by _Sawyer_ (248 posts) - - Show Bio

Posted and who ever is going to exemplaira make sure to mention the sea creatures that are there too.

#234 Posted by ThisIsGonnaHurt (30177 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay, at this point I doubt there will be any point in asking for permission to land troops.

#235 Posted by Cara_Hunter (3687 posts) - - Show Bio
#236 Posted by ThisIsGonnaHurt (30177 posts) - - Show Bio

@cara_hunter:

We're taking this fight to them!

NO MORE WAITING!
We'll give them hell if we have to!

#237 Posted by Cara_Hunter (3687 posts) - - Show Bio

@cara_hunter:

We're taking this fight to them!

NO MORE WAITING!
We'll give them hell if we have to!

our small handfuls of Cerberus units will be a tide changer despite their looks

#238 Posted by ShadowSwordmaster (14537 posts) - - Show Bio

Go get them.

#239 Posted by ThisIsGonnaHurt (30177 posts) - - Show Bio
I'm parking one of these next to the Hierarchy fleet

#240 Edited by Guardian_of_Gravity (2979 posts) - - Show Bio

@ragman1138 Leon, you should know that's not acceptable. Firstly, nobody knows which ship Alpha's even on, secondly, you never even wrote about fighting to Alpha. So please either delete or edit the post. :/

#241 Posted by Leon_Dissada (4393 posts) - - Show Bio
#242 Edited by Guardian_of_Gravity (2979 posts) - - Show Bio
#243 Posted by Leon_Dissada (4393 posts) - - Show Bio

@guardian_of_gravity: My main plan was to have him try and take control of one of the ships. Is that still OK or no.

#244 Posted by Kayle_Rez (497 posts) - - Show Bio

@cara_hunter: Road trip! Where ya wana go to shoot stuff?

@last_man_standing: Came to visit you coordinate steal your toys etc

@guardian_of_gravity: dropped the admiral off, requested the war scraps

Meh post is rather meh imo. Still kinda drained from stuffs, but still tried to get something good out so you peeps wouldn’t be held up :)

#245 Edited by Guardian_of_Gravity (2979 posts) - - Show Bio

@ragman1138: Hierarchy ships are genecoded to automatically reject the commands of anyone with a human phenotype or genotype or any variation of it. That's right, the Hierarchy is *so* racist that even their ships discriminate.

@kayle_rez: I still like.

@amaranth_strix Poke

#246 Posted by Strigidae_23 (4121 posts) - - Show Bio
#247 Edited by Guardian_of_Gravity (2979 posts) - - Show Bio

@strigidae_23:

And remember that there are Chryssalids being deployed wherever there are especially dense groups of people to be Zombified as they incubate horrible bug babies. There's a reason why they're called "Terror units."

It may not scare, but it probably will disgust.

Plus everything is better with zombies to bash.

#248 Posted by Strigidae_23 (4121 posts) - - Show Bio

@guardian_of_gravity: Sounds good! Do you think you could toss me a link to the page with the unit descriptions and let me know what the force composition of the first waves would be like?

#249 Posted by Cara_Hunter (3687 posts) - - Show Bio
#250 Posted by Guardian_of_Gravity (2979 posts) - - Show Bio

@strigidae_23:

http://www.comicvine.com/profile/the_undying_tombstone/blog/prelude-to-war-0-1-part-1-the-hierarchy-tombstone-/93394/

http://www.comicvine.com/profile/the_undying_tombstone/blog/prelude-to-war-0-1-part-2-the-hierarchy-tombstone-/93479/

Standard Hierarchy protocol is to use low flying ships and aircraft to literally burn out a landing zone before deploying walkers to accompany initial ground forces, which primarily consist of more mobile infantry until Assembly walkers, Silacoids, and the products of Ship manufacture systems sent down via shuttle can arrive.

Heavier infantry such as Blighters, Chiefs, Mutons, Brutes, Deathless, also deploy but primarily hang around to clear drop zones before fanning out once the walkers arrive to let that real time build rate start working.

Overseers go nowhere without a complement of Deathless, Zudjari Commander, and high level Riktal guards.

Terror units such as Reapers, Celatids, Silacoids, Sectobots, Chryssalids, Defilers (Zolkri radiation zombifies those it doesn't immediately kill, although they're "sterile" zombies), Rampagers, and the like go after hapless civilians while accompanying standard military forces to engage in demoralization strikes to shatter the will of an army by doing unspeakable things to the populace. Of course terror units also engage in standard military operations, but you'll always find some explicitly engaging in operations meant solely for breaking a people's will.

Terror ops have no moral boundaries, zombification, mutilation, rape of the mind and body (hellooo tentacles!), targeting non-combatants such as children, destroying infrastructure, and attacking monuments of largely sentimental value are the name of the game while Standard ops goes and wages the military side of things.

This is okay because as far as the Hierarchy's creed goes, those with a human Phenotype aren't people. No worse than that, they are actively evil and unholy and must be punished.