Live from Pasadena: Mach Suit Q&A

Mach_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Mach_

"Calm down. You'll do fine." Dr. Kayla McGrady smiled as she fixed his burgundy bow tie. Dr. Frost's palms were sweaty, his heart beat out of his chest, and he constantly licked his lips, sensing as if they were dry. "C'mon Zander. You ran at hypersonic speed. You've felt that rush of adrenaline. Why are you scared of a bunch of reporters?" He gave her a look, perfectly exemplifying the phrase, 'Really?' His companion smiled, "Oh yeah, I forgot. They're the same ones you left at the Grand Canyon."

Dr. Frost walked away from his partner without displaying a facial expression. He began wiping the sweat from his hands upon his jacket. "Zander?" Dr. McGrady walked closer, her heels clicked with every step. "What's wrong? You can't be afraid of these reporters! You've broken the sound barrier! Are you really afraid?" The man known as Mach looked into her dark eyes, grabbing her warm hand with his cold hand. His lips opened very slightly, trying to form a word. "Spit it out Zander!"

"Kayla. I'm not nervous about the reporters. Well... I am-but that's not the reason why I'm nervous now... You and I have known each other for a year and we've cracked the speed force. And let's be honest," he began to smile, "We're better as a team." Dr. Frost reached into his pocket, and revealed a blue box.

"Oh God..."

"Dr. Kayla McGrady... will-"

Suddenly, someone barged into the backroom of the auditorium. "They're ready for you!"

Dr. Frost looked at Dr. McGrady as she looked upon the coordinator who came in. She turned back at her partner and fixed his bowtie once more, forming a small smile but yet avoided eye contact. Dr. McGrady left the room with Dr. Frost standing there alone.

The group of reporters waited anxiously for the two physicists; cameras were set up and bolted to the ground. There were two chairs set up with a table and microphones. The coordinator who interrupted the duo came out and walked onto the stage. The cameras lit up and began the live feed, "Ladies and Gentlemen. We will now begin the press conference and may I present Dr. Zander Frost and Dr. Kayla McGrady."

Dr. Kayla McGrady came out of the same door and sat upon the chair set up. She looked toward the door and awaited for Dr. Frost to enter. Within a few minutes he entered and sat next to his partner. He slouched in the chair and looked at her, wondering if she was remotely thinking about what had occurred in the back.

Dr. McGrady began, "Ok, we will begin with the questions."

The reporters remained silent as they stared at Dr. Frost with looks of death. The Human Speedster looked around the crowd with a nonchalant expression upon his face. "If you have no questions then why are we here?"

One reporter finally stood up, "Dr. Frost, what was the purpose of creating the...the..."

"Mach Suit," his tone was stern.

"Yes... Mach Suit... why?"

"Cause I wanted to. Next."

Dr. McGrady immediately cut in, "Well... the intention was that we could try and mimic a superpower and therefore give humans the potential of having a power."

Another reporter stood up, "But what's the point?"

"The suit, " Dr. McGrady began, "taps into an energy called the 'speed force,' it's what Dr. Frost and I believe to be the sole reason why mutants with super speed as a primary power are able to run at incredible speeds."

"Now, will this suit be mass produced?"

Dr. Frost spoke with a stern tone, "I don't know." Dr. McGrady intervened, "What my colleague is trying to say-"

"I'm a colleague now? So it's done?'

"Not now. What Dr. Frost is trying to say is that we are still working on the suit and so-"

A reporter shouted, "But he's all over the news! Every time there is a crime, people see a red blur. We've all seen this blur! These acts of heroism is obviously your work Dr. Frost!"

Dr. McGrady spoke, "We were just testing the suit to see-"

"For over a month? It seems as if it's done, it's ready! Besides, aren't you worried that if this suit becomes available to the public, who says the speed will be used for daily activities instead of crime?"

"Our intention wasn't for the public use."

"You said that it was going to be for everyone!"

"That was our intention, but we realize that-"

"And what if the government wants to mass produce these suits? There's already tension between the mutants and the humans, what if this pushes it? "

Dr. McGrady looked at Dr. Frost. He looked at her with a stern expression before fixing his posture and putting his mouth close to the microphone. He looked directly into the dark brown eyes of his partner as he spoke with a stern tone, "Let there be war."

Jaws dropped and shouts were echoing the room. Dr. Frost got up from his seat as he looked directly at Dr. McGrady, her face expressing shock. Her brown eyes followed him as he walked out of the auditorium, leaving Dr. Kayla McGrady alone on the stage.

Referee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Referee

Very nice, It was both descriptive and informational.
I like where your character is going.

(Get it Goooooing)

Mach_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@referee: Thanks! ^_^

It's an honor to hear that from Shawn Michaels lol.

Riley_Rivera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fantastic!

Mach_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Mach_
Riley_Rivera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mach_: Loved Frosts interactions with Mcgrady and how everything kind of caved in on him. Very great.

Assault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mach_: Flash is my all-time fave superhero. I like to think you're doing pretty well so far, man. Keep it up, warmonger >_>

Mach_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Mach_

@assault: Thank you. Batman is my all time favorite, I especially love how you're writing Assault... I'll think of a comeback soon enough... <_<

@riley_rivera: Thanks, I'm trying to do something between the two. Something really... different.

Riley_Rivera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mach_: Would love to see how it pans out :)