#51 Edited by _Harper_ (2088 posts) - - Show Bio

"We are officially...Screwed..." Rumor mumbled into his knees, still sitting on the ceiling as if it was the ground. The room started to get darker and darker, a result of Rumor's despair manifesting into the madness energy.

#52 Posted by Tahereh (142 posts) - - Show Bio

Washington DC

The stroke of a pen signs a name. Josephine LeBeau. Some ink, ten finger prints. A DNA swab on the inside of the cheek. About two dozen forms to read, date and initial.

A smile. Half of her face twisted in scars, one eye filled with blood, red and dead.

And so it begins.

#53 Posted by Mr. Mercury (19180 posts) - - Show Bio

It's finally here

#54 Edited by The_House_of_L (907 posts) - - Show Bio

Houston, Texas.

The Liberal Arts of Mutant Studies Academy

In a scene straight out of some black and white WW2 footage, a small until of Umen, armored in gold suits and red capes and S's, stood outside the once ground breaking University burning literature. Behind them scores of former mutant students were being loaded into the backs of Cape Killing transportation vehicles under the watchful eye of armed personnel. Without apathy the Ultra-Sapien held a book in his hand looking upon it with disgust. "Mutant history?" he sneered before gingerly letting the first edition dissertation slip from his grasp into the controlled bonfire. "Lets hurry this up. We have more important matters to attend to. I want this entire area cleansed in the next 10 minutes."

#55 Posted by Black Solace (1141 posts) - - Show Bio

Long Island

Continued from New York City Thread

Both the Bounty Hunter and the Silent Knight fell with grace onto pier 47, given the distance from the ground; the parachute only provided minor solace in their landing. “Fck, did you have to play superman…” she protested, trying to shake the extreme feelings of vertigo. “git the hell off me” She said, pushing him to the side; her agitation apparent. “Why are you so crabby…” he asked, sternly; keeping a low silhouette as to not be spotted.

“I’m on my period” Ashley replied, dusting herself off. “Get down” Ashley screamed, as hundreds of Ninja shuriken’s rain from the sky. “The Red Cardinals…” she whispered, taking note to the Cardinal insignia on the weapon.

“Yeah, but those guys…they aren’t Cardinals” Max said, staying low. “The Cardinals are after me, I’ll take them with me, and you get those guys” she said, pointing in the direction of the Umen. “Meet back here in ten minutes Ashley” his powerful voice laced with a hidden sense of concern.

“I will…” she responded, sincerely.

As Max snagged their attention, Ashley turned intangible and ran out the other way; shifting the Cardinals attention to her.

“These guys are like flies, stopping in the middle of a dark alley; the Jade Dragon removed the “Legendary Jade Blade” the snake-like sword soon animated, sending a powerful emerald glow down the dark alley.

Left and right, the Cardinals jumped in to fight; armed with basic katanas. Shifting her feet to a southpaw stance, Ashley dropped an invisible wall capsule and shielded her rear from a Cardinal attack; this allowed her to focus on the ones directly in her face.

The clang of Japanese and Chinese steel meeting in the alley alerted man nearby citizens; but with the martial law none dared to enter an alley alone.

Jamming her blade through the chest cavity of a ninja, she kicked the cadaver back into his friends. An onslaught of Cardinals rested behind her, trying to break through her invisible wall; an onslaught of Cardinals block a forward motion; she’d have to fight.

The strategic placement of the alley and that many Cardinals was by no chance a coincidence. The same woman that framed the Silent Knight; had orchestrated this attack; simultaneously trapping Ashley where she wanted her.. “Some people, love to show off their martial arts skills…” she monologued, the whole time she was speaking, the Cardinal admin began preparing her rifle for fire.

“I prefer to shoot the b!tch”

Pow

A low gunshot disperses the Cardinals; the round pierced the shoulder of Ashley taking her down to the ground. Falling to the ground, the young Bravehart writhed in pain; the fear in bleeding out kept her conscious; but it was too late there were to many Cardinals.

Finally apprehended, she was on a one way trip to Super Max.

#56 Posted by The_House_of_L (907 posts) - - Show Bio

@Black Solace said:

Finally apprehended, she was on a one way trip to Super Max.

#57 Posted by Fantasy Hopewell (236 posts) - - Show Bio

BOOOO COP OUT!

#58 Posted by The_House_of_L (907 posts) - - Show Bio

Federal law > State law :p

#59 Edited by A1 (389 posts) - - Show Bio

Watching the influx of reporters gathering around the courthouse of another arrested gaggle of mutant indiginous to the isle, one of the first. Though, 'first' was a loose term.

Thousands had been sentenced and deported already with seemingly no due process. Six months, the Amphibious prince had watched incognito, judging the human race and weather it was worthy to lead the surface any longer.

They destroy their own people from within,create hostility where there need not be any... All because of individuality and the need to suppress it.

he mentally notes, while watching the camera crews question the few that weren't encased in some form of power inhibiting head gear.

Pushing through the droves of humans unfit to graze his shoulder the King of Atlantis steps onto the courthouse porch.

"Hear me now, Humans"

You have been judged unworthy of this world, your presence on the land is a mockery. Thousands of years, infinite evolutions, yet you still share the same animalistic nature of your ancestors. We had forgotten why our ancestors had such contempt for your kind, why they dissuaded our people from intermingling with you. Now, now I reme-" A water bottle hits the bearded King and scratches his perfect features, golden dry hair turning a sleek black. "Fcking muty lover!" The crowd screams in agreement, while he'd met acceptions to the rule. People in flocks all relinquished their previous morals for the one set forth, it was always their way. Intelligence declined in cliques.

"YOU ARE HEREBY, AT WAR WITH THE ATLANTEAN RACE! If there is ONE who can dissuade my rule, let he or she step forward now, or damn your people to the deep!"

#60 Posted by _Harper_ (2088 posts) - - Show Bio

The government used "Federal law" on WAL...IT'S SUPER EFFECTIVE!

#61 Posted by The_House_of_L (907 posts) - - Show Bio

@Meison_Calidus: Oh sh!t hahha

#62 Posted by A1 (389 posts) - - Show Bio

@Black Solace: That was MEAN!

#63 Posted by A1 (389 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mr_LeBeau:

#64 Posted by Lady_Liberty (7655 posts) - - Show Bio

"Mr President." I nod.

"Right." I agree.

"Okay." More agreement.

"Yeah, I understand. But I'm saying a threat to national security? That extreme Sir."

"Yeah, I know what duel sovereignty means. Sir."

"Yes sir, I know my duty." Chain of command Lara. They always pull that. Nixon loved it.

"WAL is in violation of federal sovereignty, and a threat to national security." Make's 'em feel better if you repeat it back to them.

"Yeah. I'll enforce the law." Even on other heroes. Well. That kinda sucked. WAL seemed like alright people to me, but the law is the law.

#65 Posted by Lady_Liberty (7655 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mr_LeBeau said:

Already on it ;-) I'ma pull in the patriot act too.

#66 Posted by A1 (389 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lady_Liberty: Niice is she a God in this U too?

#67 Posted by Lady_Liberty (7655 posts) - - Show Bio

@Meison_Calidus: Yeppers, I kept the New God thing. Seemed even more appropriate in the New Universe hehe.

#68 Posted by Shanana (52686 posts) - - Show Bio

Mean?

#69 Posted by A1 (389 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ziccarra_Liafador: Tight>awesome>badass>MEAN :)

@Lady_Liberty: It does too. you thinking about building a pantheon...?

#70 Posted by Lady_Liberty (7655 posts) - - Show Bio

@Meison_Calidus: Already have ;-)

#71 Posted by A1 (389 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lady_Liberty: Hold me a spot ;)

Is there a story I can check out?

#72 Posted by Feral Nova (45901 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mr_LeBeau said:

lol like I know politics :P

alrighty, didn't know, will delete ^_^

#73 Posted by Shanana (52686 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought you was talking about me saying Wal copped out

#74 Posted by Lady_Liberty (7655 posts) - - Show Bio

@Meison_Calidus: No story, sorry. Its all under wraps right now. Most of the New Gods don't know they're New Gods.

#75 Posted by A1 (389 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ziccarra_Liafador: nah just dug the post

@Lady_Liberty said:

@Meison_Calidus: No story, sorry. Its all under wraps right now. Most of the New Gods don't know they're New Gods.

Let me know if there's openings though? that concept was always one I wanted in on.

#76 Posted by Lady_Liberty (7655 posts) - - Show Bio

@Feral Nova: You don't actually have to delete it. Its called Duel Sovereignty. Basically the State and the Federal governments BOTH rule over you.

So imagine the Registration act was passed at both the state and federal levels. Then you would be breaking TWO laws, the state law, and the federal law, and you could be tried for both. Happens with big murder cases sometimes.

HOWEVER, you're wasting your time talking to anyone besides the states attorneys office. They can indict a ham sandwich as the saying goes. Or not, as they please.

#77 Posted by Lady_Liberty (7655 posts) - - Show Bio

@Meison_Calidus: Will do!

#78 Posted by Shanana (52686 posts) - - Show Bio

Got one for fan xoming

#79 Posted by Feral Nova (45901 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lady_Liberty: O_o i didn't understand half of what you said...

#80 Posted by Anos (48 posts) - - Show Bio

The young man looked around the registration office nervously, it was nearly empty, and full of an air of depressing silence. It reminded of the labs he'd been in and out of for most of his life. He quietly walked handed in his registration form.  The man he'd handed his form to gave him a look. "Sir, we want your real name, not some stupid code name." He said bluntly. The young man glanced around nervously. "Uh, my name is Anos. My...parents were kind of weird." The man sighed and took the form muttering about mutants. Anos sighed as he sat down in one of the many chairs, a conflicted look on his face. Had he done the right thing? He tried to get the doubt out of his mind.  It was too late to change his mind now anyway. Soon a military official came out to meet him. "Son I need to speak with you in the back." Anos gave a nervous look around as he followed the officer into the back. "Son, I've looked at your powers, and I know where you got them. So here's the deal we need to you to help hunt down these metas." Anos looked as if he was about to cry. "I..I don't want to hurt anyone." The officer gave Anos a photo of a man in a hockey mask. "He's been confirmed as alive and in action. More unstable in ever. You were made to beat Anos, and you're the best chance of taking him out fast. How many people do you want to die?" Anos clutched the photo, a worried looked on his face. After a minute he spoke. "I...I'll do it."

#81 Posted by Lea_Drago (184 posts) - - Show Bio

Vatican City, Rome

It had taken all of five days to put together the plan, one that had been at the back of her mind since the first rumblings of mutants coming out to the forefront. One involving a mutant, herself. Under the guardianship of Lea Drago was a female teenage mutant of the age of fifteen who went by Amp. Found alone and destitute on the streets of New York City at the age of seven, Lea had 'saved' her and turned her into a loyal and obedient minion.

Amp's ability was to amplify the powers of other mutants, a power which she was able to control only to a certain degree. This lead to a malfunction of power, the inability to control said power, and in some cases, death. Two days ago, Lea had 'obtained' a mutant with the ability to control blood, an ability known as haemokinesis. This mutant, a teenage boy by the name of Emilio Salvatore was under the duress of drugs.

Of his 'own volition' he entered the grounds holding the Vatican Museums. The sun shined down, illuminating ash blonde hair that was longer than his mother would have preferred. A backpack sat on his back, after having been authenticated by security as non-harmful. Sweat covered his body, although it was unseen beneath the hooded sweatshirt and baggy jeans that hung on his thin, muscular frame.

It was 2 PM, the last Sunday of the month, which meant free admission and crowds that more than doubled from any other day. Prime time in the middle of the afternoon, there was no time that would be more devastating to launch an attack during. A trickle of blood fell from his nose and hit the ground as rapid tremors began coursing through him. Within minutes, the blood of every living being who had been within the premises had perished of ex-sanguination. Their blood had simply disintegrated into nothing.

The issue of the public's safety at the hand of mutants was no longer an American concern, it was now on the forefront of every country. Households bustled in favor or in derision. Politicians consulted their advisers before giving ambiguous statements in an attempt to appeal to their constituents. Lea sat back and watched the chaos unfold from a luxury hotel in Milan, pleased as always when a plan begins to come together.

#82 Posted by A1 (389 posts) - - Show Bio

Game changuh!

#83 Posted by The_House_of_L (907 posts) - - Show Bio

@Feral Nova said:

@Mr_LeBeau said:

lol like I know politics :P

alrighty, didn't know, will delete ^_^

no no, didnt mean that at all. I was saying the state may have granted WAL special privileges but LeBeau is a prick and he'd come after you anyway (but LL beat me to it lol)

#84 Posted by Anos (48 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mr_LeBeau: (I, uh, hope that I didn't step on any toes with having Anos being actively recruited. He has a history with the military, in a way.)
#85 Posted by Feral Nova (45901 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mr_LeBeau: oh well deleted I honestly don't understand any of this political stuff anyways xD lol

#86 Posted by The_House_of_L (907 posts) - - Show Bio

@Anos said:

@Mr_LeBeau: (I, uh, hope that I didn't step on any toes with having Anos being actively recruited. He has a history with the military, in a way.)

Nope not at all. I dont have any set plan of rules for who or how people join :)

@Feral Nova: :( wish you hadnt lol it was a really good post and added something different. Did you safe it? Go get it lol

#87 Posted by Anos (48 posts) - - Show Bio

(Well hopefully more New Yorkers register, I don't think I can take all the Knightfalls and Rumor.)

#88 Posted by Tranquil (2990 posts) - - Show Bio

Is there a one post per day rule?

#89 Posted by Fantasy Hopewell (236 posts) - - Show Bio

Can these Umen fly?

#90 Posted by Lady_Liberty (7655 posts) - - Show Bio

@Feral Nova: Yeah, there would logically be some epic legal battles fought in this thing. States Rights vs. Federal Sovereignty, various interpretations of the constitution, filibusters, academics pontificating on CNN, legal pundits punditing, some riots, lots of rogue circuit court judges, and giant bundles of cash flying chaotically in all directions.

#91 Posted by The_House_of_L (907 posts) - - Show Bio

@Tranquil said:

no lol

@Fantasy Hopewell said:

Can these Umen fly?

yeah think Superman with weaker durability.

#92 Posted by Feral Nova (45901 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lady_Liberty: now i REALLY have no idea what your talking about

@Mr_LeBeau: nope I didn't

#93 Posted by Anos (48 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mr_LeBeau: (How much weaker is the durability, like, can they be killed by conventional weaponry?)
#94 Posted by The_House_of_L (907 posts) - - Show Bio

@Feral Nova: Sorry to hear that.

@Anos: They're NPC. I'm sure the durability will fluctuate between writers.

#95 Posted by Anos (48 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mr_LeBeau:( Okay, I was thinking of having a new character slaughter a bunch through sheer force of crazy so I was just wondering.)
#96 Posted by Lady_Liberty (7655 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mr_LeBeau: Maybe we can say it varies depending on the levels of radiation they've currently stored in their bodies?

#97 Posted by The_House_of_L (907 posts) - - Show Bio

@Anos: @Lady_Liberty:Works for me :P

#98 Posted by Tranquil (2990 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lady_Liberty said:

@Feral Nova: Yeah, there would logically be some epic legal battles fought in this thing. States Rights vs. Federal Sovereignty, various interpretations of the constitution, filibusters, academics pontificating on CNN, legal pundits punditing, some riots, lots of rogue circuit court judges, and giant bundles of cash flying chaotically in all directions.

Your like the new Methos.

@Mr_LeBeau said:

@Tranquil said:

no lol

@Fantasy Hopewell said:

Can these Umen fly?

yeah think Superman with weaker durability.

Wipes sweat off his forehead.

#99 Posted by Fantasy Hopewell (236 posts) - - Show Bio

@Decoy Elite:

“I REFUSE” Fantasy‘s disgust with the police chief grew apparent on her face. Her goldenrod hair blew wildly in the windy city zephyr; her body continued to rise and fall; whilst she levitated. “Then I have no choice, You Morning Star are under arrest!”

“Try me.” Fantasy landed on the ground with her arms still crossed. “Get her” the captain pointed; A Uman came from out of the office, cracking his knuckles. “Uh, what is that…that’s not what I file my taxes for…” Fan joked, but in all seriousness she didn’t expect to face someone who was on par with herself.

A fist slammed into her face, her face instantly turned red as she stumbled back. “Damn…” she said, taking off into the air. “Go after her…” the captain commanded. The Uman lifted off into the sky In pursuit of the Red and Blue hero.

“I know what I want for Christmas…” she said, pulling back and sending a powerful blow to the face of the Uman. Her punch sent him staggering backwards, but he still maintained flight. “What’s that…” she gasped, watching as heat vision began to shoot from his eyes.

Weaving in and out she dodged; and countered with a concentrated beam of light. The blinding light engulfed the area ripping the Uman’s clothing to shreads. His slightly burned body hit the ground, but much to Fantasy’s surprise he was still able to fight.

“HER…You start with HER!!!” Fantasy looked across the police yard to see MORE Umen and another man, given his position with the police, he had registered.

#100 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio
@Fantasy Hopewell: The men who'd been knocked out were suddenly dead, their bodies where fried beyond recognition, the streets were covered with blood and cracks from Fantasy's pure power. Among the horrible slaughter stood a single man, the only powerful enough to survive the blast. "Look what you did." He said, his voice quiet but hateful. "You've killed everyone here.' He stepped forward, his hand pointed at Fantasy accusingly. "You're a monster, look what you did without even trying!" He yelled pointing towards the carnage. "Do you honestly think that you should be allowed to run free? Give up now, before you kill anyone else,"  

The Umen gave Decoy a strange look as hid far away his hand on his forehead. He was whispering things about a monster. "What are you-" One of the confused Umen began before Decoy cut him off. "I've got her in an illusion. You're functionally invisible, take her down before she figures it out. She's a smart one, I can tell." The Uman gave a hesitant nod, and soon they flew at Fantasy, ready to strike fast and hard. 

(How well the illusion works is up to you. She didn't have to necessarily see any of it, but then that might make this fight a little boring...)