Legionem Vis Vires

_Grifter_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@strigidae_23: If you have the time you could get caught up before this season is out. Only two episodes left.

Strigidae_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By Strigidae_23

I catches me by surprise when people become attached to or fans of some of these characters. Part of it is, in my opinion, that the show portrays some of the characters differently than the books and my opinions are already colored by the books. Part of it is a lot of people are not really in touch with the fantasy genre and don't make some of the connections. And part of it is just.. really different tastes, I think.

Strigidae_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Strigidae_23

@_grifter_: I might do that. We'll see how much time I have.

_Grifter_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By _Grifter_

For the most part I try to view anything that is an adaptation of something else as an alternate universe of said book, comic, game, etc, etc. That way my disappointment for the way characters are being portrayed. Or events differing doesn't completely disappoint me. It doesn't always work, but it does tend to soften the blow.

_Grifter_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strigidae_23: Like I said, I was pleasantly surprised by how well they handled The Red Viper. Oberyn's scenes were always a delight this season.

ia_espada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_grifter_: I call it my favorite season because of a number of things. Primarily because of the symbolic significance of Joffrey's death. Joffrey beheading Ned Stark was what caused the War of Five Kings. He was the King of the Iron Throne. And though Tywin won the war for him, it came with a very big cost. Westeros' economic reserves are no more, all of their financial support is from the Iron Bank of Braavos. The North is in a state of chaos with no governing body overseeing it. A large bulk of the population in Westeros was decimated, the crops etc. of the fields destroyed by the war have destroyed much of their resources. And the White Walkers have returned with the intent of invading and destroying Westeros (apparently), and Daenerys will return. What I'm getting at is that Joffrey's death symbolized how this whole political and military fiasco, and the return of the White Walkers is bringing Westeros to a state of utter collapse.

Not to mention, I really like how this season differentiated Tywin's sociopathy from Joffrey's psychopathy, and it made Cersei a very sympathetic character because for starters, she has Tywin as a father. And he is such a tyrannical figure, he seems like he can't express any love whatsoever, even for his children. This coupled with losing her mother at a young age made Cersei ill-equipped to deal with any form of abandonment, and it's the reason she's in an incestuous relationship with Jaime, they're using each other as tools to fill the void left by their mother's death and Tywin's complete lack of affection for them. There's also how Tywin just simply dominates her, and though he does this to all his children, it's especially bad in Cersei's case because she had Joffrey for a son who was a raging psychopath and threatened her life before and put her in awkward political positions because she couldn't control him. And it disappointed Tywin. She also had to suffer through Joffrey's death.

Even worse was how Tywin was "educating" Tommen and criticizing Joffrey in front of Cersei right after the kid's death. And even when she went "It's not the time for this" to Tywin, he didn't even acknowledge her, he didn't even look at her, he just continued telling Tommen how bad of a ruler Joffrey was. And in a way, he was also criticizing Cersei as a mother while right in her presence asserting his dominance, his ownership over her son Tommen since he's the patriarch of the family. And to top it all off she was also raped by Jaime right in front of her son's corpse. The season made her a very sympathetic character for me.

Arquitenens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I need a sleep.

_Grifter_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By _Grifter_

@_grifter_: I call it my favorite season because of a number of things. Primarily because of the symbolic significance of Joffrey's death. Joffrey beheading Ned Stark was what caused the War of Five Kings. He was the King of the Iron Throne. And though Tywin won the war for him, it came with a very big cost. Westeros' economic reserves are no more, all of their financial support is from the Iron Bank of Braavos. The North is in a state of chaos with no governing body overseeing it. A large bulk of the population in Westeros was decimated, the crops etc. of the fields destroyed by the war have destroyed much of their resources. And the White Walkers have returned with the intent of invading and destroying Westeros (apparently), and Daenerys will return. What I'm getting at is that Joffrey's death symbolized how this whole political and military fiasco, and the return of the White Walkers is bringing Westeros to a state of utter collapse.

Not to mention, I really like how this season differentiated Tywin's sociopathy from Joffrey's psychopathy, and it made Cersei a very sympathetic character because for starters, she has Tywin as a father. And he is such a tyrannical figure, he seems like he can't express any love whatsoever, even for his children. This coupled with losing her mother at a young age made Cersei ill-equipped to deal with any form of abandonment, and it's the reason she's in an incestuous relationship with Jaime, they're using each other as tools to fill the void left by their mother's death and Tywin's complete lack of affection for them. There's also how Tywin just simply dominates her, and though he does this to all his children, it's especially bad in Cersei's case because she had Joffrey for a son who was a raging psychopath and threatened her life before and put her in awkward political positions because she couldn't control him. And it disappointed Tywin. She also had to suffer through Joffrey's death.

Even worse was how Tywin was "educating" Tommen and criticizing Joffrey in front of Cersei right after the kid's death. And even when she went "It's not the time for this" to Tywin, he didn't even acknowledge her, he didn't even look at her, he just continued telling Tommen how bad of a ruler Joffrey was. And in a way, he was also criticizing Cersei as a mother while right in her presence asserting his dominance, his ownership over her son Tommen since he's the patriarch of the family. And to top it all off she was also raped by Jaime right in front of her son's corpse. The season made her a very sympathetic character for me.

I really love how you break these characters down and analyze every thing psychologically about them. My only real negative criticism with season 4 was how they handled that scene between Jaime and Cersei. In the books rape is a big no no for Jaime, I mean the man truly abhors it. He got his hand cut off last season trying to save Brienne from it. In the books, it wasn't rape. Was it still disturbing, yes. But he didn't rape her. For the show, that one disturbing scene has nearly destroyed Jaime's arc of redemption. Not only that, but it now makes every scene he's in difficult to watch.

_Grifter_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Strigidae_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When a new thread is posted and it gets thirty views in the first five minutes I always wonder.. who are these people? How many lurkers does RPG have?

Inner_Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strigidae_23: They're all my alts. It's a weird compulsion I have. ;)

Strigidae_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arquitenens said:

Finally, she embraces her Russianness!

I'm sure she could have done so earlier, but there's just no Russian this one! :D

Eh?

Get it?

...I'll just show myself out...

I just got it lol.

Strigidae_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ia_espada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By ia_espada

@_grifter_: Thank you, I try ;P Considering that Jaime is a murderer (the manner in which he smashed his cousin's face in with his shackles to escape imprisonment was really brutal), I wasn't too surprised that he raped Cersei. If he was willing to kill his own cousin just to facilitate an escape then he's probably capable of doing anything. But I had no idea that in the books, rape was something he's so overtly against. I guess this is one of those cases were the series' writers divert from the books. I also used to feel that Brienne set Jaime on a path of moral redemption, but now that I think about it, he isn't really experiencing any character growth.

His relationship with Brienne however, did seem like it would redeem him. But I think it was misleading. I think being around Brienne makes Jaime want to do good or it makes him more prone to being morally decent but the rape of Cersei affirms that at the end of the day, Jaime's morality is still ambiguous. That he, like all characters in GoT, is like a real person. He isn't good or bad, he's ambiguous and he's for the most part an unsavory character, but when he's around Brienne, he has the potential to do good because I think she makes him want to be a better person even if that's not really who he wants to be. Jaime's entire character is a revolving door of identities.

Inner_Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Inner_Demon

@retriever said:

@arquitenens said:

Finally, she embraces her Russianness!

I'm sure she could have done so earlier, but there's just no Russian this one! :D

Eh?

Get it?

...I'll just show myself out...

I just got it lol.

:D

Bogeyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strigidae_23:

Pleased with the submissive disposition of the 23rd Strigidae's subordinate, the Viper King's poised footsteps guided him towards the elevator before him, his partially raised right hand motioning for the majority of his men to remain behind on the first floor while he proceeds to the one hundredth floor in the company of five of his cronies. And as his tall, broad-shouldered frame emerged into Ivana's blandly festooned office, his powerful, noble voice began, adjoining a very subtle, magisterial inclination of the head, "23rd Strigidae", he greeted, the dry sternness of his visage softening only slightly, his footsteps halting only once a solitary foot remained as the only measurable distance between him and the seated Strigidae.

Earnestly meeting her eyes, mildly raising his chin, no discernible shift in his proud features was apparent as he began. "The pursuit of power, and disregard of the moral fabrications of right and wrong are relatable objects to a competent mind", he paused. "And I intend to acquire the power to free my brother and bring this race of evolutionarily forsaken monkeys to their knees", he unveiled with bold straightforwardness. Maintaining a dignified posture of cosmopolitan aristocracy, Aramis concluded, "Power is the only thing that matters". There were no truer words than those to the Viper King. Having watched his race brought to the brink of genocide, spent the majority of his youth enslaved by another, and forced to fight his own kin, what more mattered to the Lord of the First Men than his own strength, than power?

Raizen_Aoi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strigidae_23: Raizen slowly walks up to the marvelous structure, its portrayals of the world gone. Smiling as the precise makings of the structure fills his mind, he slowly reaches out and touches the wall before him. It small piece of the wall parts from the wall, it hovers bubbling in his palm before him. Looking into his hand at the molecular structure of what is in his hand, somehow it baffles him that such simple creatures can create such beauty.

Strigidae_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Raizen_Aoi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strigidae_23

No you will reply now (he says as he waves his hand past her eyes)

ia_espada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Strigidae_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@connoisseur:

As the giant of a mutant stepped into her personal space she tapped into her mutant ability to read somatic systems. One could never be too careful. Especially not when one lacked superhuman attributes or the power to regenerate. Many mutants could rely on powers for survival but not Ivana; she lived or died based on how skillfully and intelligently she used her powers.

"Then we share a.. how do you say.. a world view. Although I have benefited greatly from Amaranth's capture I wish to see him freed; no mutant should live in the captivity of animals."

"But Avalon.. Avalon is strong. More than strong; they are the strongest. No faction, not even the American President, has thrown back so many powerful enemies at once. The LVV is not ready for Avalon. Not yet. To attack now would be a bear awaking a dragon. We must grow stronger."

Strigidae_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raizen_aoi:

A secretary approaches Raizen, nervousness showing in his eyes. He is a handsome man, lean and fit with curly blond hair. The type of man that can usually be found modeling clothing. In his hands is a radio. He holds it out at arms length and swallows before he speaks. "Its for you."

The radio squawks to life and Ivana's Russian accented voice comes through. "Welcome to the LVV. I'm sure you have a reason for your visit, yes?"

Bogeyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strigidae_23:

Indeed they did. Their global view was for all intents and purposes, identical. Allowing the corners of his mouth to edge upwards ever so slightly in a micro-expressive smirk of highborn approval. "No mutant should live in a world populated by genetically degenerated apes", the Viper King added, a regal formality lacing his words and inherently proud countenance. "True, Avalon is strong. But in time they will fall. Subject to being held back by the notion of morality, human nonsense used to impair the superior man's evolution". "I intend to join your ranks". Having clarified his objectives, the incentive behind his decision to become a constituent of Legionem Vis Vires, Aramis issues a temperate inclination of the head, "23rd Strigidae", adhering to his noble principles by addressing her only by her formal title, the Viper King bids his farewell and departs.

Strigidae_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Strigidae_23

@connoisseur:

"Welcome to the LVV, then." She replied. He was a useful ally. In combat he was no slouch, of course. However Ivana considered herself the greatest warrior on earth so she saw no need for another fighter. A leader, on the other hand, she valued.

"Lord Thevenau." She nodded to him as he departed. In her desk drawer was an apple. She placed it upon the table and interlaced her fingers in her lap. The setting sun cast her shadow upon the wall behind her. Her shadow stretched forth an arm and seized the shadow of the apple. Its mouth opened. Inhumanly wide and filled with hundreds of needle-like fangs. It devoured the shadow of the apple.

Upon her desk the apple withered into a dead husk.

Rezurrection

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@connoisseur:

Her shadow stretched forth an arm and seized the shadow of the apple. Its mouth opened. Inhumanly wide and filled with hundreds of needle-like fangs. It devoured the shadow of the apple.

Upon her desk the apple withered into a dead husk.

Coolest imagery ever.

MasterMouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By MasterMouse
No Caption Provided

Strigidae_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bloodcroft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Absolute power is said to corrupt absolutely but the vampiric scientist retained a different opinion. When she was made a member of the army she felt empowered. When she became a vampire she felt removed from mortal constriction. Further experiments only led to further triumphs. If anything the pursuit of power was the only path of enlightenment. And after years of studies and conflict Elaina found herself invited to the finest establishment for an individual like herself. A invitation to join the Legionem Vis Vires.

Proudly wearing the coin as a pendent that rested around her neck the obsidian analyst ventured across the icy scape of Russia. An arsenal of scientific material towed behind her. Though not possessing the cybernetic enhancements of greater scientists in the world she'd had many successes in her studies. People were most the time just lab rats to her. Other new home was marvelous the vampire wouldn't dare to deny it. None of the fine designs and brilliant construction mattered to her. What she wanted was to simply see the world under the heel of her and those she worked beside.

Strigidae_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What she wanted was to simply see the world under the heel of her and those she worked beside.

I think we will get along marvelously.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#81  Edited By Pyrogram

@strigidae_23: We gotta showdown. It's been too long since we had a good fight :P

Strigidae_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram: Lets get some team vs team action going on. I miss it. LVV vs COP.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strigidae_23: Heck yeah! How are we gonna do that? >_>

Maybe Ivana has captured my samurai character who's currently missing? Kurt's searching for Kenshin, and this would give Kurt a real motivation why, and would instantly link Ronin's Rest COP's with the LLV and Ivana.

Antonia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ivana strikes my competitive bone.

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

@antonia said:

Ivana strikes my competitive bone.

Then strike at her with your boot in her face.

Strigidae_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram: Hrmm.. We can do that. Also the COP is based in Ronin's Rest, which from what I understand has a powerful underworld and a lot of crime. That's the kind of place the LVV is interested in running.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strigidae_23: Exactly that! And considering the Rest does not have any officials apart from Kenshin Yoshida, capturing him takes the only "power" out of the Rest, leaving the LVV to plant their own or something.

Strigidae_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Pyrogram

@strigidae_23: How do you want to go about setting up the team fight? Right now, Kurt is interrogating all and any of the COP members who he can find, looking for Kenshin, after that proves fruitless as none of them know, maybe he somehow gets a whiff that the LVV may have the dude? I don't wanna metagame anything, so how do you think Kurt should know?

Klemens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram said:

@strigidae_23: How do you want to go about setting up the team fight? Right now, Kurt is interrogating all and any of the COP members who he can find, looking for Kenshin, after that proves fruitless as none of them know, maybe he somehow gets a whiff that the LVV may have the dude? I don't wanna metagame anything, so how do you think Kurt should know?

I've got a couple of suggestions if y'all need them ;)

Strigidae_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram: Lets say Kenshin managed to leave a message somewhere that lets Kurt know it was Ivana.

Strigidae_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Klemens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strigidae_23: The point of this is to get both teams to fight each other, correct? If so, I have something that may work with the LVV's desire for power. Ambrosius invaded the Greek Island of Zakynthos with his army. I fully intend to sell his defeat there against the CoP who've come to stop him. Perhaps Ivana was observing these events and once she sees the CoP defeat an army of supernaturally augmented warlords, she understands that the CoP could present several problems for her team in their quest for power.

So she decides to attack them before they attack the LVV. Basically, she wants to eliminate a major player in the game that will undoubtedly seek to interfere with the LVV's activities once they start to cultivate some notoriety. So Ivana plans for an assault on the CoP. And because she has Connoisseur in her ranks, he could suggest that they lure out the CoP in Ronin's Rest by attacking a densely populated location in the area, where the LVV would then proceed to ambush the CoP.

This came out more contrived than I'd hoped though LOL.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Strigidae_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers