#1 Edited by Legionem_Vis_Vires (2 posts) - - Show Bio

Legionum Vis Vires

Power is power

The coin carried by members of the LVV.

The LVV is an organization devoted to the acquisition of one thing: Power. They have no place for those who see the world in terms of good and evil. Such 'heroes' or 'villains' are seen as outdated, dinosaurs in the race for the only thing that matters in the modern world.

No theory is too extreme. Nothing is forbidden. The only thing that matters is the pure, unadulterated pursuit of power. While some may condemn their methods as morally repulsive they will not do so for long; the LVV has little tolerance for critics and even less for those who stand in their way.

Founded by Ivana Strigidae, twenty third of her rank, using the wealth of the plunder of Gothic City and its banks she hand picks each member of the organization. Ruthlessness, discipline and ambition are her criteria.

The first goal of the LVV is simple. Unify the underworld under their banner and crush their opposition.

The Spire

LVV Headquarters

Standing over one hundred stories tall one can stare over the frozen Russian countryside from its vast balconies or take flight from one of its helipads.

The building's staff is well paid, uniformed and accustomed to keeping their silence.

Although the facilities are vast no business operates from inside its sterile walls. The entire Spire is given over to the use of a single organization: Legionum Vis Vires.

It boasts all the amenities one would expect from a building of its size and stature. Entire floors are devoted to metahuman training facilities. Bank after bank of servers and hard wired fiber optic connections give it a powerful cyber presence. Fully stocked laboratories are prepared for those of a scientific bent.

Unlike most buildings of its size and expense it lacks any type of security. The members of the LVV handle all intruders without mercy or respite.

Members

Ivana Strigidae

Kamelot fell. Gothic burned. The world was awash in the flames of conflict. The old powers were silent; destroyed, abandoned or grown feeble with age. Leaders and heroes had fallen silent in the face of modern villainy. Some said their ways were outdated, others that they were simply afraid of the new breed.

In the wake of Amaranth's capture the Arcani were cast into a power vacuum. Nature arbors a vacuum. The fittest rose to the top through ruthlessness and sheer force of will. Rivers of blood were shed in the night but in the end Ivana Strigidae, twenty third of her rank, held dominion over Amaranth's mutant coalition. The secret masters of the Orochi bent the knee, the militants of the Flock fell in behind her and even the psychic Esotrix assented to her leadership.

Though they were forced from the rubble of Gothic the Arcani departed with a wealth of information thanks to the efforts of the Sanguine, as well as all the loot their forces could carry. Dozens of banks vaults were plundered of gold, diamonds, jewelry, bonds, fine art and more. Though much vanished into the grasping hands of the plundering mutant forces the majority found itself under Ivana's control. It was put to use immediately; acquiring the Spire and founding the LVV.

OOC

1. All CVnU rules apply.
  2. The OOC objective of this team is the same as its IC objective; become the most powerful faction on in the CVnU.
  3. PM Strigidae_23 to apply.
#2 Posted by Antonia (3253 posts) - - Show Bio

Son of a jerk!

#3 Posted by Imperator_Imperatorum (183 posts) - - Show Bio

Latin name? Check!

Bad intentions? Check!

I'd like fighting these guys...

#4 Posted by Icarusflies (12975 posts) - - Show Bio

Is this related to the classic Vis Vires team???

#5 Posted by Strigidae_23 (6059 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by Inner_Demon (1978 posts) - - Show Bio

Ooooh, this makes me feel all tingly. >:D

#7 Posted by Icarusflies (12975 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by ShadowSwordmaster (19667 posts) - - Show Bio

I smell trouble.

#9 Posted by Pyrogram (43760 posts) - - Show Bio

This is gonna be amazing :P

#10 Edited by La_Espada (4823 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Posted by ShadowSwordmaster (19667 posts) - - Show Bio

@strigidae_23: I'll have the Connoisseur stop by :)

Isn't that your GOT character or did I miss something ?

#12 Posted by La_Espada (4823 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Posted by Antonia (3253 posts) - - Show Bio

This takes off, I'm raiding.

#14 Posted by Pyrogram (43760 posts) - - Show Bio
@antonia said:

Me and you both :P

#15 Posted by ShadowSwordmaster (19667 posts) - - Show Bio

@la_espada: I notice that , I hope that this one will do better .

#16 Posted by Rezurrection (144 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Posted by _Atomikill_ (4670 posts) - - Show Bio

Will probably join this with a WIP character...

#18 Posted by La_Espada (4823 posts) - - Show Bio
#19 Posted by Strigidae_23 (6059 posts) - - Show Bio

@antonia said:

In Soviet Russia heroes raid you ;-P

#20 Posted by Antonia (3253 posts) - - Show Bio

Oooh, so much fun.

#21 Posted by ShadowSwordmaster (19667 posts) - - Show Bio

@la_espada: Wait did you read this character bio ?

#22 Edited by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (82980 posts) - - Show Bio

Half your fortune would have gone to Russian officials just for the building permits :P Cool thread. What ever happened to the other nests? Are they operational still?

#23 Posted by Strigidae_23 (6059 posts) - - Show Bio

@quintus_knightfall: The world is filled with fortunes awaiting liberation.

[Yeah the other Nests are still around.]

#24 Posted by MasterMouse (3805 posts) - - Show Bio

This is awesomeeee (>'0'<)

#25 Posted by Strigidae_23 (6059 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Posted by Lena_Dante (2538 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow. This makes me so nostalgic.

#27 Posted by Strigidae_23 (6059 posts) - - Show Bio
#28 Posted by Pyrogram (43760 posts) - - Show Bio

@strigidae_23: How evil is this group, publicly so or stealthily?

#29 Posted by Strigidae_23 (6059 posts) - - Show Bio
#30 Posted by CellphoneGirl (19002 posts) - - Show Bio
#31 Edited by Connoisseur (6911 posts) - - Show Bio

@strigidae_23:

Fate at times was a cruel mistress. In the wake of his brother's capture, an organization arises, one that was strangely adherent to every single one of his most fundamental principles. His unrelenting pursuit of power, and his aggressive rejection of general morality. And yet, he found himself coming to them to better his position in his impending attempt to free his brother, Amaranth from imprisonment, instead of becoming the heart behind such an organization alongside him, so that they may bring forth the destined eradication of a race of evolutionarily degenerate apes, humans. It was what fate had decided, and unfortunately, even the proud, monarchical Lord Aramis was subservient to the whim of fate.

Flanked by his disciplined squad of steel-plate armored mutants, the self-proclaimed Viper King, a patriarch of the very first generation of mutants to set foot on the world, swaggered into the LVV Headquarters with an aura of highborn magnetism and monarchical authority. His towering, built frame clad in a scintillating, argent armor bedecked by his iconic red cloth. Approaching the nearest collection of staff members, the leviathan Viper King immediately asserted his dominance with an icy gaze of austere intimidation. His proud, stern features true to his no-nonsense disposition. Cutting through the blanketed silence of their encompassment like a knife, his resolute voice spoke with an authoritative brand of noble aristocracy. "Tell the 23rd Strigidae that Amaranth's brother is here to speak with her. Now". His return had been a long awaited occurrence, it was only right to first announce it to a familiar member of the Arcani.

#32 Edited by Angela_Lee (722 posts) - - Show Bio

#33 Edited by Strigidae_23 (6059 posts) - - Show Bio

@connoisseur:

The interior of the building was sparely populated. Long and empty hallways echoed with his commands. The terrified janitorial staff member frantically radioed ahead. Ivana replied. "Send him up."

Her office was located on the one hundredth floor. The elevators played no music. The only sound was the quiet whir of air-conditioning and cables. Those who acceded could see empty floor after empty floor through the elevators glass doors and panels.

The elevator opened directly into Ivana's office. It took up all of the top floor and was empty of all ornamentation save for a single desk of black glass. Ivana reclined behind it. Her black snakeskin cowboy boots were trimmed with engraved silver, ankles crossed upon the mirror polish of the desk. She wore a solid black pantsuit and her katana hung at her belt. Tattoos stood in sharp contrasted to the shaved portions of her skull and her black pony tail hung half way down her back. She arched a brow and turned her golden eyes upon her visitors.

"Welcome to my parlor." Her Russian accented voice echoed through the vast and empty room as birds flew past the polished glass, obscuring the view of the horizon.

#34 Posted by Strigidae_23 (6059 posts) - - Show Bio
#35 Posted by Black_Eden (5 posts) - - Show Bio

Did anyone just see that? Spoilers: Holy shit the Red Viper was badass. Right up until he got his face caved in :S

#36 Posted by Strigidae_23 (6059 posts) - - Show Bio

@black_eden: I didn't see it but I remember it from the books. Surprised the show is that far in, actually.

#37 Posted by Black_Eden (5 posts) - - Show Bio

@strigidae_23: Reminded me a little of the Princes Bride fight at the end. Was a really good episode. Only two left this season.

#38 Posted by Arquitenens (6085 posts) - - Show Bio

Finally, she embraces her Russianness!

#39 Posted by Strigidae_23 (6059 posts) - - Show Bio

@black_eden: Hrmmm you know I never thought of that but its true. I should catch up. I almost wish I hadn't read the books now lol, but they were a lot of fun too.

#40 Posted by La_Espada (4823 posts) - - Show Bio

@black_eden: Didn't think you watched the show.

But damn it was a good fight. I knew there had to be a reason why Oberyn never gave a shit when he would go around g-checking people. Anyone who can give Gregor Clegane that amount of trouble is an extremely dangerous person.

#41 Posted by Retriever (300 posts) - - Show Bio

Finally, she embraces her Russianness!

I'm sure she could have done so earlier, but there's just no Russian this one! :D

Eh?

Get it?

...I'll just show myself out...

#42 Posted by Black_Eden (5 posts) - - Show Bio

@strigidae_23: Yeah, there are a couple things I've spoiled for myself by having read some books. Still waiting on one of them to happen.

@la_espada: Really? Thought everyone knew I was down wit the GOT lol

He fckn had him man, pissed me off to be honest. Dude was an acrobatic badass. His whole persona was gangsta. Damn shame really.

#43 Posted by Arquitenens (6085 posts) - - Show Bio
#44 Posted by La_Espada (4823 posts) - - Show Bio

@black_eden: I've been flighty recently :P

Right? He was so damn close. It's a shame no doubt. Oberyn was the character you didn't wanna fck with, especially if you were a Lannister. He was slowly becoming my favorite character in the series, almost beat out Tywin and Daenerys from my top three. Though I like how the fight's outcome now puts Tywin in an awkward position from a political standpoint.

#45 Posted by _Grifter_ (12930 posts) - - Show Bio

@black_eden: Didn't think you watched the show.

But damn it was a good fight. I knew there had to be a reason why Oberyn never gave a shit when he would go around g-checking people. Anyone who can give Gregor Clegane that amount of trouble is an extremely dangerous person.

The look on my roommate's face when it happened was priceless. The Red Viper was truly a badass til the end.

#46 Posted by La_Espada (4823 posts) - - Show Bio

@_grifter_: He was one of the reasons why for me Season 4 is GoT's best season.

#47 Posted by _Grifter_ (12930 posts) - - Show Bio

@black_eden: Hrmmm you know I never thought of that but its true. I should catch up. I almost wish I hadn't read the books now lol, but they were a lot of fun too.

The show is slightly starting to deviate from the books. I'm curious to see how they'll do book four since it introduces a lot new characters. And I was pleasantly surprised by how well the show handled the Red Viper.

#48 Posted by Strigidae_23 (6059 posts) - - Show Bio

@_grifter_: Really.. now that catches my interest hehee.

#49 Posted by _Grifter_ (12930 posts) - - Show Bio

@la_espada: I can't honestly pick a favorite season. But every scene Oberyn was in was memorable. He set the ground work for the rest of House Martell. I'm curious to see how the show portrays his bastard daughters(The Sand Snakes) and the rest of House Martell. Although, his older brother is a very different creature than Oberyn.

#50 Edited by Lena_Dante (2538 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm mad I'm on my phone and can't spoiler block