Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By _Vex_

Gothic City, Time: 0200

No Caption Provided

It's been only a few days since the disappearance of Dark Vengeance, the caped vigilante who refused to turn a blind eye to the world that decayed around him. Despite his efforts, his hiatus has left Gothic City festering and crime didn't waste any time making their moves. Every crime imaginable, ranging from hourly robberies to daily murders of top officials and local civilians swelled news stations and overwhelmed police forces.

It was never my dream nor desire to fight crime. My only wish was to find my sister, not clean up the streets of a city I had barely called home...But...Whatever little connection I have to this city, I do still call it home and feel some sort of obligation to it. Not a night goes by where the screams of the innocent haunts my dreams and torments me for my lack of effort to quell the anarchy.

No matter how many times I try to convince myself that it's not my place to lift a finger for these ungrateful people.I have no right to assume authority over a system no matter how corrupt it is. I just need to find my sister and get out of this city. I just need to leave this place with her and build a new life on a clean slate where no one knows our names and the identity of 'Vex' will only be a bad dream from a stressful day at the office.

Did Dark Vengeance question himself like this? Was he ever filled with so much doubt and hesitation as I am? No...He couldn't have been. He saw the pain and suffering of others and put a stop to it, even if it meant sacrificing his own identity, his body, his soul, and his morality. All of this, for these people. And here I am, a kid secretly worshipping an idol that I have no intention of following. Or am I just too scared to follow him? Are his boots too big for me too fill and are the obstacles ahead of me too great to overcome? When I find my sister, how can I look into her eyes and tell her that I abandoned innocent people when they needed me most?

This city can't die, not like this. Dark Vengeance has endured too much for these people for his legend to just die and for me to yield to it's transgressions and atrocities. My attention diverts to the shawl in my palms. It's tattered and torn cape feels like silk between my fingers as I rub the bullet holes that pierced the sides. A small token I had found for sale at a pawn shop that claimed to be the real thing and actually belong to the hero. No one bought it because it lacked proof of it's authenticity, but it didn't matter. Not to me. It's ebony cloak and worn down fabrics were a symbol that pushed me. Telling me in my mind whenever I was beaten or thrown down, "This isn't the end. Others have suffered worse."

If no one wants to rise against the evil here, then I will. I grip the outfit and make a hasty stride towards the back closet of my room where I had the memento hanging behind a sewing machine. The tailoring tool came in handy plenty of times for repairing my own suit after a night's hard work of investigation that took its own battle scars and this was no exception.

No Caption Provided

An hour later and I'm on a tower roof, scanning the alley below. A group of masked men prepping themselves for a liquor store robbery where I happen to know the owner, Mrs. Bailey. A widow for the past five years who sends her profits to the local charities and orphanages, one of the few clerks who decided to maintain their store hours to continue to help support those charities. These men don't care though. Its just another score for them, and another crime scene for investigators, but not to me. Not anymore. Now it's more personal than it has ever been.

The outfit is a little hard to manage since Dark Vengeance was older and had a bigger build than me. The awkward feeling of the cowl causes a strain on my neck as it cuts my reaction time, but I've gone too far now to for Dark Vengeance to die. I rise off my reconnaissance position and take a deep breath before diving down towards the center of the mob grappling the largest man holding a pistol and twisting him to the ground. I contort my body around his into a sleeper hold and my arms constrain his neck so tightly, that he goes unconscious before the rest of the group can acknowledge my presence. It's too late, I'm already on the next two, driving my left steel lined boot into one of their sides crushing a few ribs and right elbow striking the collar bone of the next one. My movements are hindered by the cape, but still remarkably swift for a normal eye to follow. The last man is trembling with the short knife in his hand as this all occurs in a matter of a few seconds. He's consumed my fear and too astonished by me to be any sort of a threat.

"You're n-not suppose t-to be here. You're gone! W-WHO ARE YOU!?"

I don't smile. Not this time. Vex smiled. Alexander Rook smiled. They're dead right now.

"I am Dark Vengeance, and I never left."

After all, he never smiled.

No Caption Provided

_SpiderBoy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_vex_:

"Wanna know something I learned, bat guy?" Spider-Boy announced himself while crawling down close by on a wall, thwipping a web glob onto the gun of the goon with a broken collar bone. "Some of these creeps really want to shoot a cape, even when half their body is broken." He flipped off the wall and brought the heel of his foot right against the fallen goon's face to knock him out cold. "You're that bat dude right? The broody one." The spider asked while walking to each criminal and hitting them with a blast of webbing, encasing them for when the cops arrive for cleanup basically.

Though it appeared Spider-Boy had a cool head, he was honestly a bit unnerved by his brutality, almost certain he would have killed the last man if he didn't arrive..Hell he still might kill him for all he knew. "Hows about you leave something for the papers to write about that doesn't involve "crazy bat kills a crap ton of people"...Cause I think that wouldn't be a good thing to have over your head.." He looked over at the cape, standing a bit shorter than him with crossed arms.

"..Oh right, I'm Spider-Boy. Like that other spider guy but you know...Not him...." SB stood there for a bit at the brooding figure before sighing. "You uh..Like to stare alot don't you?"

_Vex_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By _Vex_

@_spiderboy_:

"What I do isn't done for headlines."

I say squinting in a serious gaze, juggling how Dark Vengeance would respond in such a situation.

"I stare because I don't trust you."

Sounds like something he would say given the circumstances. My hand under the cape drifts to my waist brandishing the trademark boomerang of the famed vigilante. If this spider wants a fight, hopefully the weapon would change his mind. The only problem is that this boomerang is homemade and I have no idea how to use it, let alone if it would even ricochet to the stranger. It's no issue, however, as the real weapon is tucked behind my thigh, my own personal escrima stick that I can use to be more than effective, but I run the risk of blowing my cover completely.

"I don't have time for a quarrel if there is no need for one."

No emotion or fear behind my words, just as what I am aspiring to project.

_Razor_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By _Razor_

Rayne never came to Gothic viewing it as a waste if time to ever bother. Heroes came but never really made a difference, villains came but never seized real control. Gothic City was just a monotonous cycle of violence. Her perspective changed however in wake of the latest siege on the city however. The city still suffered some of the effects from the titanic assault that came from Amaranth the Bull and others. Now it was closed off from the world Stark abandoning it. No ties to the U.S or really the outside world. Some were calling it a no mans land. However still people sought to be the symbol of hope and a brighter horizon.

Unacceptable. The politically abandoned city was now a stain on the nation. The economic status ate at the image of the president. The way the angel of blades saw it the more a Gothic suffered the worse the president looked. A man she personally tried to kill, a man she saw as the death to any progressive nation. Revolution was what Rayne craved heroes like those in Gothic needed to bleed for that to be a reality. Some might not understand her motives, few did but that didn't matter. Only thing relevant was that she came and spilt blood.

A window shatters as a spike hurtles through the bullet proof glass, the cashier drops. His life is over before he could even blink. She doesn't flinch as she steps into the gas station a pistol emptied into those around buying whatever they bought at two am. She takes time to trigger the alarm alerting cops, alerting vigilantes, she wasn't hiding. Time was taken to spill the gas, to coat gasoline around the small building. A match, and the building ignites smoke and fire reaching for the night sky. Sirens wail in the back ground.

She was no kingpin of crime, no inspiring drug world, she was anarchy. She reveled in the beauty of chaos in violence of being the superior. Razor found comfort in the setting a foot tapping impatiently to see who'd come to aid this crumbling city. And somewhere else a friend of hers was preparing for a grander act. The Hellequin hadn't been in Gothic sense she was young but the psychotic mechanic was plotting a come back.

Sighburr_Punk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Sighburr_Punk

"Why the hell did I come to this city in the first place?"

Chris panted, leaning against a brick building at the opening to an alleyway. A group of thugs lay crumpled around his feet.

"Honestly," he continued to no one in particular. "The one time I try to get away and take a vacation to the 'big city' I get mugged. I shoulda brought the whole costume."

Chris dug through his leather jacket's pocket and pulled out a pair of what appeared to be bright yellow welding goggles. "Well, at least I can help clean up for the moment. I heard the resident super hero just up and vanished." Chris pulled the goggles down over his face and activated the STINKEYE interface.

"Also...I should really stop talking to myself."

As Chris looked up, now in a makeshift Stinkeye guise, he heard gunshots from across the street, followed by the explosion of a gas station. "Well, I may not be best suited to the task, but..." Stinkeye rushed over to the ruins of the gas station, adjusting his goggles again nervously. His feet splashing in the puddles, Stinkeye found himself standing in the station's parking lot, flaming cars and charred bodies all around. In the middle of the wreckage, Stinkeye saw a woman wearing a suit clearly designed for combat.

@_Razor_"You know, if people would just switch to electric cars, there would be a whole lot fewer gas stations to blow up."

Chris looked the woman up and down nervously; knowing that wearing a leather jacket, jeans, a t-shirt, Nikes, and a pair of bright goggles probably wouldn't inspire a whole lot of fear, especially in a woman as formidable looking as this one.

Avatar image for enoch_val_errys
Enoch_Val_Errys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Enoch_Val_Errys

Enoch walked down the lane.

Third time in Gothic. First, I've had to fight against a mad regenerative psychopath-killer.

The second i had to stop a group of cultists and Demons from evoking a Herald Of Sedition.

What will happen now?

The avatar noticed six thugs, all armed with handguns, that where following two ladies.

After a few meters the brutes closed on the girls, with the intention to rob them, or, maybe, rape them.

The undying one acted quickly. With a telekinetic sweep he made the six of them fall at the same time, and moved towards the girls.

With a smile on his face, he said: You'd better run ladies, those guys don't seem peaceful.

With the girls safe, Enoch faced the thugs. They where getting up, puzzled, not having understood what hit them.

One of them, probably their leader, who was already standing, said:

Hey, ya old fucker,what did you say to those hoes? We wanted to "talk" to them!

Enoch laughed. He laughed out loud, for at least twenty seconds, with the gang staring at him, puzzled.

Oh......i simply told them you idiots wanted to hurt them.

The first thug raised his gun, and shot twice towards Enoch.

No Caption Provided

Enoch avoided the two bullets easily, and, with a grin on his face, leaped towards the thugs.

The first died before even standing up, with Enoch's foot crashing his skull. Another two where killed in less than a second, with the avatar's fists braking theri chests, splattering flesh and organs across all the lane.

The last two gang-members started walking backwards, shooting again.

No Caption Provided

He avoided the bullets once again, moving too fast for human sight to spot him and closing up on the survivors.

The first was killed in a mere instant, with Enoch's right adamantine Gauntlet beheading him with a simple slap.

Enoch waited for a moment, and started beating down the last thug, but holding back his strength, not wanting to kill him:

With the last enemy on the floor, spitting blood, Enoch said:

Go and tell whoever pulls the strings that just because Dark Vegance, the bat, or however you called him is gone, you can't start doing the fuck you like to the people of this city.

_Vex_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_razor_: @sighburr_punk:

As I finish my threats, an explosion and burst of flames rages in the distance. The shock of the blast radiates through the alleys and streets of Gothic, another dangerous assault in the recent chain of events since I took the mantle. The shadow of Dark Vengeance can't just be known, but feared once again. I shrug off the presence of the young arachnid and sprint up the side of a nearby building, my boots tapping against the bricks I jump to the adjacent wall and finally reach the rooftop. Not as fast as I would normally like, but I made it with little problems and begin to jump from rooftop to rooftop without slowing down.

It's not until I finally reach the inferno that I completely comprehend the scale of damage that's been done. A young woman stands in the center of the scene as a achieved star reveling under the spotlight. The calamity that ensued almost seemed to mesmerize, a great opportunity take her by surprise and bring a quick apprehension...Normally, but an even younger boy in plain clothes and over the top colored goggles was trying to play hero. A foolish attempt that may prove fatal.

"Move!"

I use my diaphragm to boom my voice to the teen as I vault in front of the woman while throwing a boomerang to her chest. A subtle attempt to divert her attention to myself and off of the kid.

Sighburr_Punk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Sighburr_Punk

(ooc @_vex_ Chris is actually 26, and built like a football player lololol he's just very childish)

Stinkeye saw what looked like...it couldn't be...could it?

@_vex_"Dark Vengeance? Huh, thought you were gone."

Stinkeye smiled at the woman, almost wistfully.

@_razor_"Looks like I'm a little outclassed."

Stinkeye dodged to the side as (who he assumed to be) Dark Vengeance launched a boomerang at the woman, wanting to see the legendary hero at work.

Pumpkin_Joe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From the rooftops, the demon of fear spoke in his compound voices,"So much food...so delicious. With the bat gone I can eat this whole city...I will make this world quiver in fear." The giant beast leaped from building to building, leaving a spiderweb of cracks in each of the roofs. "Ah! A handful of tasty morsels right over here." The demon peered over the edge of the roof, seeing a fight take place involving what looked like...

"Could that be the bat?" The demon peeked into Dark Vengeance's mind then laughed his cruel laugh.

"That poor child! He's so scared of failing...of being himself rather than the hero he is replacing." the demon could hardly contain his scornful laughter.

"Such is the sweetest fear."

He jumped from the building, crashing into the ground, leaving an enormous crater in the street in its wake.

@_vex_ "Hey Vexy-boy. Wanna play a game?"

superstay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By superstay

In a two story building, on the end of the block, the sound of glass shattering rung loudly. A yell erupted as a masked man fell out of the second story window. He screamed loudly, tearing through the night-filled sky, the man hit the hood of a black GTO at high speeds. Through the sound of a loud metallic bang, the man bounced off the steel.

As he did, a shadowy figure stood from the same window that he fell out of. Looking down on him, Shadow stared into the misty Gothic City night. A city he had been in only a few times, the alley-stalker never thought much of the constantly problematic city. He leaped out of the window, to continue his playful torment of Gothic’s lowlifes. He landed on his dented hood, causing ink to splash across it. Kneeling on the car, he cracked his neck before sliding off the hood. “Well, Albert Murphy…you sir are going away for a long, long, long time…”, he stated before placing his hand on the unconscious man’s neck. Lifting the hefty man with ease, he walked to his car door. He opened the backdoor, and threw the man in the back seat. Quickly, he closed the door and got in the front seat, before starting up the car. He sped off.

d^_^b

Sighburr_Punk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stinkeye looked back and forth nervously.

@_vex_"Um...I know you're the big bad Bat, Dark Vengeance, but I think this calls for a team up."

The mediocre hero stood in a defensive pose with his back facing Dark Vengeance and the woman. "I know I won't win this. But I can at least hold him off long enough for you to take her down."

Stinkeye pressed the side of his goggles, interacting with the STINKEYE interface.

"Voice command: active."

A popup on the goggles' HUD confirmed that voice control was active.

@pumpkin_joe"Alright big guy, why don't you try taking on someone not remotely your size!" The confidence was forced. This guy looked like a demon. How the hell was Chris Ward supposed to deal with a demon?

"Command: Wide Spray."

Stineye aimed his gaze at the hulking beast, and the goggles jetted forth a spray of his custom weapon: skunk. The smell was unbearable. As the liquid shot at the demon, Stinkeye gagged.

"Why wouldn't I bring the nose cover if I planned on using the goggles?" He choked out. "I should have brought my damn costume!"

_Razor_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pumpkin_joe: @_vex_: @sighburr_punk:

The goggle wearing figure was discouraging to the deity of dismemberment. She'd fought the president fought a werewolf she was carnage given life and her first challenge in the streets of Gothic would be this. She didn't even know what to call this person...did he even merit being labeled a person. The store clerk seemed more imposing to her. "Go home goggles" claws retracted from her feet and hands elongated blades eager for blood. Violent thoughts were silenced however as a boomerang came towards her cat like reflexes snagging the projectile.

"You seem shorter then expected Vengeance. And why on earth you wasting effort on this decaying city anyway?" A moment of ridicule being taken before she mounted an offensive. Goggles had turned his back on her looking to an orange figure near by of malevolent intent. He was left exposed ideal for attacking. The queen of blades tossed a blade towards the man's spine it's distinct metal likely to cleave through shirt and spine with subliminal ease. Back turned it'd be hard to evade and that was the point. Dark Vengeance likely would intercept the attack. Sacrificing himself in some way to spare the youthful vigilante.

This would allow Rayne to close the distance a butterfly kick would be executed. The aerial attack aided by her bladed foot could easily lead to decapitation. It would likely lead to the killer elite landing on the other side of Vengeance. Which would allow for a series of quick jabs, a trinity of attempted stabs craving guts on the asphalt. She desired a kill but reality was she was also not committed to the conflict. Just lending time for another in the distance planning a more grand action of attempted control.

Pumpkin_Joe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Pumpkin_Joe

@_razor_:@_vex_:@sighburr_punk

The demon allowed the smelly goop to hit him. He could feel the strength of the chemical. Any normal human most certainly would have been pinned down. But Pumpkin Joe was not a human. He ripped through the chemical, pulling up bits of concrete from the street with him. "Ah now Christopher. That just won't do." The demon smiled hatefully, knowing full well that the young man would be terrified that the demon knew his name.

The woman was doing something...she had a plan. A knife...

"No you fool! I can't feed on this child's fear if he's dead!"The avatar of fear used one of his mighty arms to smack the "hero" with the goggles away, allowing the knife to bounce harmlessly off his own chest. Joe glared at the woman. "I have no qualms with you, agent of chaos. But if you take away my food I will consume you as well."

The demon turned to look at Dark Vengeance. "And don't think I've forgotten you wannabe. So far, I'm rather enjoying my trip to your city. So much fear you inspire; it is simply delicious."

_Vex_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superstay: @sighburr_punk: @_razor_: @pumpkin_joe:

This woman was good, better than good. She was calculating and precise. The dagger thrown towards the mock hero was blocked by another intruder, for some reason he needed the kid alive and it was growing more obvious as he monologued his desires like any less experienced villain would. The scales seemed even as both sides of the battle enlisted a inexperienced member and a veteran that opposed the latter's presence.

The female predicted everything I would do, from my kicks and jabs, to my evasions and dodges. Neither of us seemed to have the upper hand as each move was deflected and evasion cut short. I had to turn the tables somehow, but I can't lose focus on the woman before me. A slight loss of focus might be the end of my short life as Dark Vengeance, but he took risks for the sake of others, and this was no exception.

My back turned to the large foe, a perform a swift leg sweep placing immense power and pressure on my leg, swinging towards the clawed foe, but my real target is the top heavy man behind me hoping to drop his massive frame to the ground. I refuse to acknowledge his realization of me truly being Vex and not Dark Vengeance. Words mean nothing to no one important right now. They are meaningless to whoever would hear them.

Sighburr_Punk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Sighburr_Punk

@superstay:@_razor_:@_vex_:@pumpkin_joe

Stinkeye saw the kick going towards the demon and sidestepped to give Dark Vengeance all the room he needed. He spoke to the Bat, "Just so I don't get any ribs cracked, I'm going to go get the rest of my suit. You can handle this for a while by yourself, right?"

He winked at the fighter lady, whoever she was. "Don't go away now, once I have my suit on this'll be much more fun." He took off, running for his winnebago. Should take 10 minutes tops...a lot can happen in ten minutes though... he thought to himself.

superstay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_razor_: @pumpkin_joe: @sighburr_punk: @_vex_:

Speeding through the city, Shadow noticed the dispute that was happening. Immediately, he noticed Dark Vengeance out of the figures who were there. Remembering him from many long ago, he knew of who the righteous one was, and of his dominant position in Gothic City. Knowing the dark avenger of the justice, he knew something was happening. In the matter of a few seconds, he weighed the options before deciding to see what was going on. He continued driving down the street, before swiftly turning in the middle of the street.

d^_^b

_Vex_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sighburr_Punk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

(@_vex_ lolol my bad, editing that)

Violet_Kitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sighburr_punk: @pumpkin_joe: @_razor_: @_vex_:

. . .

Within the darkness of the alley two blades went on through the air hungry for the blood of the vicious young woman. Within seconds another duo flew for the demonic creature. The remotely controlled blades were modified to explode upon touch. A little play for distraction as the violently violet vigilantes entered the scene. Froom the rooftop she landed on her feet right beside the bat. ''I'll handle the puss in claws, Vengeance. You go right on for that f*ckin creature.'' Violet threw a quick glance rigth to the bat's eyes. ''I'm talking to you dumbass!''

Violet was well aware of the disappearence of Vengeance. She investigated his whereabouts for awhile but for a man like the big bat killing the trails wouldn't be that hard. The city had some major changes. In the absence of the fearsome vigilante mobs were on loose but this situation may prove usefull for the cause. Violet was watching from the start. The poor choice of words, different posture, fighting styles and the low level of grumpyness were shouting the obvious out loud. This man was not the true vengeance but even the name vengeance had sprung fear to some powerfull men. So here she was. The ten year old assassin turned vigilante standing rigth next to the non complete 'Vengeance 2.0' to just go with it.

Running with all her speed, with the sound of her unsheating swords she jumped on her prey like a vicious beast. A little touch of a button on her belt her wrists started emitting a sound wave to lower her opponents cpncentration. The blade on her right hand went for a head slash and her body muscles started moving for whatever kind of the impact to spiin around for her other blade to go for the knees. After then she would take a fast backflip to get a better distant for any upcoming attack.

Pumpkin_Joe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_vex_:@_razor_:@violet_kitten:@sighburr_punk

Dark Vengeance's kick connected violently against Joe's leg, and a a soft snap was heard. The demon cackled. "Seeing as how I don't have any bones, I would guess that was your leg." As he glared down at the hero triumphantly, two blades pierced through him.

He stumbled forward, almost stepping on the Bat's replacement, then whirled around. "A child!? How dare you strike the avatar of fear?"He ran toward her angrily, blinded by rage, preparing to swipe at her with his claws. The blades still protruded from his chest and shoulder. The demon could tell that the fear of him had lessened and he knew his powers were diminishing. One victim... He thought to himself. I need only hit one of them and my powers will return.

Sighburr_Punk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_vex_:@violet_kitten:@_razor_:@pumpkin_joe

Chris threw open to the door to the ramshackle winnebago and clambered inside. "Gotta be quick, gotta be quick..."

The inside of the winne was fairly nice compared to the outside. The seats in the front were in good condition, and the back was very spacious. There was a little kitchenette, a pull-out bed, cabinets, and two sofa seats, and a table. Chris tore open one of the cabinets and pulled his kevlar suit out. "There we go!" He hastily stripped down to his boxers, then slid the suit on over him, like a second skin. He could feel the thin exoskeleton inside the fabric. Maybe that would give him an edge against the much stronger opponents. Chris removed the goggles, pulled the mask over the top half of his face, then pressed the gas mask up against the lower half, clasping it behind his head. The goggles went on over the mask, and he grabbed a spare Skunk gun just to be safe.

"Here's hoping Vengeance hasn't taken them all out yet. Or maybe, that he has."

Stinkeye locked up the winnebago, then tore off down the street back to the gas station.

Gear_Head

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sighburr_punk: The car sped down the street spreading out a strong scent of tires burning up the street. In the darkest crevice of an alleyway headlights flickered on providing light over the hood over a Rite 2014. The car sped after the one racing down the street, on the front of the car cylinders slid from the grill only to begin spraying bullets into the rear of the car. The Rite of Passage was coming up fast behind the car to ram it off the road or shove it into the back of an eighteen wheeler ahead of traffic. Things were going down in the city, the reason unknown, yet the law could not step in.

Sighburr_Punk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gear_head Bullets pounded the back of the winnebago. Chris looked in his rear-view mirror, adjusting it slightly. "What the hell? What now?" Surrounded by cars, it looked like they were planning on herding him into that...when the hell did that semi get there? And why would such fancy cars be going after the winne-mobile? Anyone's guess really...Stinkeye said to himself. "Well...here comes yet another brilliant plan of mine." He stomped down on the brakes, grinding to an almost immediate stop in front of Rite of Passage.

superstay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_razor_: @_vex_: @violet_kitten: @pumpkin_joe: @sighburr_punk:

(Ooc: What side is Stinkeye on?)

Pulling his pitch-black GTO into a back-alley, Shadow quickly got out of his car. He sneaked into the shadows of the building, which sat next to the gas station. He used his ink to enforce his leg as he kicked one of the alley's back doors. Ramming his way into the building, he immediately made his way up the stairs and to the structure's second floor. Sneaking through the dark house, he moved to the front room. Shadow snuck up to a window, opened it slightly, and formed a sniper rifle out of his ink. In his other hand, he formed binoculars to watch the scene first.

Staying quiet within the silently dark building, he made no moves. He watched the fight that was taking place, to get familiar with it before he started to do anything. He quickly used his phone to contact Tin'Data. "Tin 'Data, I need you to check my position for details on the building.", He whispered in his characterless voice. Immediately, his phone sent a form of echolocation to investigate the structure that Shadow was in. All of the details were sent to his phone, talking the quiet figure that the building was empty, as well as telling him all of the different areas of the building. He pressed his phone pad, putting his link to Tin 'Data on standby, before refocusing of the fight.

d^_^b

Sighburr_Punk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

superstay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gear_Head

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sighburr_punk: The car ahead pulled to a stop at a blink slamming as a wall in the middle of the street. At once the Rite folded outward beginning to form a 15 ft tall mechanoid that aimed a fist towards the car with rockets pods eager to launch around the wrist. The metal man's actions were swift as he weaved around the car aiming at it before finally speaking to it in an electro voice. "You're responsible for this. I'm putting you down!" The bot pulled it's leg back and sent a metal foot flying to the windshield of the truck to rather crush it and the driver or send them into a wall.

Sighburr_Punk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Why does this shit always happen to meeeeee????"

Stinkeye leaped out the side window of his winne, rolling upon impact with the ground. He turned and looked up at the mech, raising his arms in a sort of surrender.

"I'm one of the good guys here."

The steel behemoth's fist crashed down on the front of his winne, trashing it completely. Stinkeye stared in disbelief and horror at the trashed vehicle. "Like I can afford another one of those..." He glared at the mech. "What the hell did I do?"

Avatar image for enoch_val_errys
Enoch_Val_Errys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Enoch was drinking in a pub.

For two days he had been in Gothic, hearing rumors.

The bat had returned.

This......is should be good. But the bat never seemed the kind of guy that would take a "vacation" from his work.

I'll have to talk with him, and see if i can help.

Enoch finished his sixth pint, Enoch walked out of the pub, after having left a generous tip.

This city....this city is rotten...

Enoch was...."admiring" the street, once center of economic and social life for the whole nation, that was full of garbage, with cars burning on it's side and corpses stacked up at it's center.

Enoch expanded his telepathic signal, seeking fights that where ongoing.

_Razor_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_vex_: @violet_kitten: @pumpkin_joe:

Vengeance was her target, play him, cripple him end the key figure of resistance to this city. Seamed however that every reject in the block wanted to play hero. The ripping retaliator was quite agitated. The demon had intercepted her attack like a spoiled brat to her. If the young smelly eyed hero had fallen by her blade then there would have been more pain and fear. A glistening flame of hope snuffed out, simple minded vermin. As the edged executioner danced the dynamic duel of vane agains the violent vigilante named vengeance, blow after blow was balanced out in bold counters. But a singular attack like the sweeping kick would never negate a nimble negotiator of edged combat. She'd casually seen through the attack lept over it and allowed it to proceed into the demon entirely.

Unsurprisingly the deadly diva watched the demon show nothing but anger and agitation. A pair of throwing knives came for her she'd heard them whistling through the air. Her arm raised knocking the weapons aside, this opponent however was a tad smarter. The ranged attack exploded a chunk of flesh being blown from Razor's arm. A sliver of glistening metal viewable beneath ravaged tenant. A blade came for her face, Rayne moved rather then away from it, to headbut the weapon. Her skin was sharp enough to cut diamond her skeleton hard as if not harder then Adamantium. A strong likely hood existed that the blade would snap. A clawed hand shooting out to block the second swing.

As the tiny tactical terror back flipped the demonic deity charged towards her. Once again he'd detracted from Razor's combative performance. Never the less it made fighting Dark Vengeance easier. Still close together spikes as long as swords burst from Razor's back, the highly durable metallic bones seeking to skewer her opponent. She whipped around with enough strength to forcefully pull blades free. Following such a move with a thrust of her claws from her right hand.

The right jab was simple, easy counter, easy to block. True attack was in the left hand that'd seek to separate an arm from the body. An amputation oriented tactic performed with deadly precision and grace. Concluded with a final knee strike, blade rising from the butcherer's leg in an effort to impale Gothic City's generous crusader. Or in the least push him back to provide a defensive opening for herself.

superstay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By superstay

@sighburr_punk: @gear_head: (Ooc: I hope it's okay if I add something to your encounter)

Shadow

"'Data, I need you to cover more ground for me.", Shadow stated into his com-piece, while on the line with his A.I. team member. He looks through the window, positioning the barrel of the rifle. He smiles at the many building that surround the gas station, meaning, the many points he could snipe from. As he looks over the area, he receives Tin 'Data's reply. "Shadow, I'm in the second story of the store, across the street.", the darkly man smirked and immediately checked the position.

Tin 'Data

No Caption Provided

Across the street from the gas station, Tin 'Data kneeled in a dark room. Upstairs from a small shop, he looked out the window. Cloaked in the appearance of his human form, he was dresses in a black, light-armored suit. Immediately creating a high-tech sniper rifle, using his technopathic powers of tech manipulation, he aimed it out the window. "Aware of your position; I'm aimed at a red figure of some sorts.", the robot stated, while simultaneously scanning the demon to receive a bio on him (Or, as much as he could). "The damaged car that's located nearby...I'll try to get the human out of danger.", Tin 'Data stated before shooting two bullets at the ground in front of the demon. Ripper into the concrete, they busted, spraying a thick cloud of non-toxic misty, hoping the human'll using the opportunity to get away, or get the upper hand.

Immediately, 'Data looked over at Shadow's position, using his robotic eyes to zoom in on him. "I'll cover you", He states through his com-piece.

d^_^b

Sighburr_Punk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gear_head:@superstay

Things were building up. Two gunshots, then a stream of mist. It didn't seem like an attack...more like an opportunity. Using the mist as cover, Stinkeye pulled the grappling gun off his belt and shot a hook to the nearest building, pulling himself to the roof. He could see the gas station from here. The fight was still going on, there was a young girl there now too. "Crap...that bone lady's a killer..." Stinkeye looked down from the building stealthily, trying to decide if it would be better for him to stay out of it.

"I'd better find out who dropped that mist, even if its just to thank them. That demon definitely would've screwed me over if I'd stayed down there..."

"And I really should stop talking to myself."

Avatar image for cadmus_knightfall
Cadmus_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The sound from the blades of the helicopter echoed against the buildings of Gothic; seemingly pounding the dull, brick walls of the apartment-style complexes which littered the city and was home to large amount of poor. The shadows, seemingly replicated upon the skin of the man in charge aboard the helicopter stood; staring out across the city through the open doors of the helo.

His trance was interrupted by one of the many private military contractors within the hold of the helicopter, "Cadmus, why exactly are we here any ways? You never gave us many details."

The commander, now identified as Quinn, turned his attention to the soldier. From the neckline of his combat shirt, a black tattoo-esque shape began to slither, as if it were agitated. The alien DNA bonded to Cadmus had given him extraordinary abilities, but at a cost. The DNA was attempting to dominate his own human DNA, and thus Cadmus was forced to regularly inject a serum to control the takeover. However, it still appeared as a living tattoo on his skin. Showing a personality of its own; it would move in different patterns or extend or retract depending on the situation.

Cadmus responded, "We've been contracted out to clean up the streets of Gothic. Since the anti-hero Dark Vengeance has gone, the crime has risen exponentially. It isn't our normal line of work; we're soldiers, not cops; but regardless it's money in our pockets."

The alien tattoo began to further creep up Cadmus' neck, causing him to strain; he could feel it getting stronger - the serum was growing useless, soon it would totally consume him. "Alright men, get ready to drop; 5 mikes to the LZ!" Throughout the helicoter guns began cocking and equipment got their last minute checks.

Gothic was about to meet a new form of justice.

Sighburr_Punk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_vex_:@_razor_:@cadmus_knightfall:@violet_kitten:@pumpkin_joe:@gear_head:@superstay

From his perch atop the building, Stinkeye could not only see the fight going on, but he also noticed a helicopter landing on another building nearby. Hm? Looks like...mercenaries?

Mercenaries normally didn't bother Chris, hell, he had a mercenary on the team he had formed. But something about these guys rubbed him the wrong way. They look...shady. He thought to himself. Best not let them notice me.

Stinkeye climbed down onto the ledge of the building he was on, gripping the very edge of it. "Voice Control: Acid." the goggles sprayed a thin splash of acid over the window, eating a hole in the glass. The opening was perfect for entering the building sans shattered glass noises. In the building, Stinkeye saw what appeared to be a robot sniper.

@superstay "Uh...hey?"

superstay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By superstay

@sighburr_punk:

Tin 'Data

No Caption Provided

Hearing the spraying of acid, Tin 'Data quickly activated the invisibility tech, which his suit possessed. He quickly pressed a button, as he started to float in the room. "Sir, our position has been compromised. A figure similar to Sheng, a foolish wild card. It would be beneficial to terminate him before serious treat becomes aware of us.", Tin 'Data's AI stated before scanning the room. Scanning the man, his goggles, and the acid, 'Data studied the man. As he hovered in invisibility, he sent a message to his backup. "Shadow, I've been spotted...", Tin 'Data sent to the hidden sniper without saying anything.

He broke himself into molecular sized particles before teleporting out of the room. A few building over from the last, a blue light shinned as Tin 'Data appeared in it. He immediately scanned the area and peeped out the window. "I'll send you the continents to my present location.", he stated as he stared through the sniper scope at his last location. He aimed his gun at the window, before shooting twice. The first bullet, busting through the window, filled the room with highly thick knockout gas. The second bullet, quickly following the first, reacted like a Hornet's Nest Fragment Grenade. It exploded into many small silver balls that scattered all over the room. At the speed of ricocheting bullets, the marble-sized balls had the intensity to badly sting, but not kill.

All of this happened so quickly, happening less than a second after that robot disappeared from the man's sight. The the average mind, it would give off the impression that there was another sniper watching Tin 'Data, as well.

Shadow

"Keep him off of us...", Shadow stated before looking through his scope. He looked at the window, which was melted and covered in acid. Turning upward, he looked at the helicopter that was landing on the roof.Still hidden in the dark, he stared at the soldiers. "Well, this is interesting...looks like a load of fun", Shadow stated in a mix of dry sarcasm. He continued to watch them, "Tin 'Data, theirs a helicopter full of soldiers on the roof, across from you.", he warned 'Data, as he watched.

d^_^b

Sighburr_Punk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superstay

Chris hardly had time to react. The instant he greeted the sniper the world went crazy. The sniper vanished, no doubt thanks to some cloaking technology; but then the room began to fill with gas. Stinkeye managed to pull his gas mask on before he inhaled too much of it, but he was already feeling drowsy. Then the metal balls exploded into the room. It felt like getting shot. Stinkeye's kevlar saved them from doing any real damage to him, but the balls had definitely left some bruises, and one had knocked the wind out of him. He collapsed on the ground, clutching his stomach.

"Another sniper?"

The hero stepped over into the corner where he would be offered better cover, were there actually another sniper nearby.

"Where'd that guy go?"