• 162 results
#1 Posted by Malcolm_Lawrence (134 posts) - - Show Bio

Embrace the Future...

Founding of an Empire

Founded in the early 1950's as the Lawrence Group by Sir Roger Edmond Lawrence and his wife Diana Grey Lawrence, The former being a retired officer in the British Royal Marines who'd served in the Second World War who became disenchanted and hoped to use his families wealth to increase the survivability of the lowly infantryman on the battlefield. Based in Manchester, UK the fledgling business had a rocky start. With Post-War governments not willing to buy new medical equipment when they had thousands of tons medical supplies stockpiled from the previous war. Just when it seemed they would go bankrupt before even one major success another conflict arose. With the Korean War came a massive influx of business, new weapons requiring new means to protect and treat soldiers wounded on the battlefield. Within the first year of the war the Lawrence Group expanded into the Lawrence Corporation and three factories were bought and refitted to keep up with the massive need for supplies from the conflict. By wars end the company had gone through yet another change, acquiring or partnering with various arms, vehicle and clothing production companies to became Lawrence Industries.

The Cold War - Rise to Power

With the Cold War came a massive need for the various products that Lawrence Industries had to offer. Bandages and Bullets for the War in Vietnam, Experimental body armor for freedom fighters in South America, Helicopters and Cold Weather gear for the Falklands War, Jets and Grenades for the Bay of Pigs Invasion, Tanks and Mortars for the Iran-Iraq War in the 1980's. The list goes on and on, by the time it was over the Lawrence Industries logo was common place riddled by war, plague or disease. Medicines to fight the AIDS virus in Africa, Lawrence Industries patented 'Super Crops' to help combat famine in the third world and of course, all the bullets you could carry when diplomacy failed.

At the height of the Cold War the companies original headquarters had become to crowded to effectively managed the business, the founders deciding to move their family to New York, which lead to the construction of Lawrence Tower, a mammoth structure only a dozen floors shorter than the iconic Empire State Building. The towering structure houses a museum on the companies history, numerous research and production facilities, offices for everyone from corporations private attorneys to members of the board as well as the private residence of the founders, a luxury three story penthouse built atop their monument to success.

Tragedy and a Son's Return

In the summer of 1995 Roger and Diana Lawrence vanished when their yacht disappeared in the Caribbean, leaving the company without leadership until their sole surviving child, Malcolm, the middle child suddenly reemerged on the scene. Having disappeared from the public after graduating from University in England. With the handsome, charismatic and intelligent Malcolm at the helm the company experienced a new era of innovation and success. By the time 2000 rolled around Lawrence Industries was leading the world in the fields of Genetics, Medicines, Protection for Soldiers on the Battlefield, So called 'Smart Weapons' and Non-Lethal Weaponry.

Noticing the rise in government usage of private military contractors by world governments, Malcolm Lawrence saw fit to create his own, drawing manpower from the United States, Germany, the United Kingdom, Russia, Italy, Spain, Brazil, China and various other military forces he created what would become known as:

Tactical Solutions International

Operating from several bases situated across the planet, TSI is capable of handling anything that most world military units are capable of accomplishing. Armed with the latest weaponry and armor, along with patrol boats, helicopters, armored assault vehicles and even a handful of prototype walker units created by Lawrence Industries Weapons Research Division after analyzing units employed by the Keresh Military during the Assault of Tenebrasque In controlled France. TSI employed contractors have made appearances in nearly every conflict in the past decade, including Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Mali, Somalia, Honduras, Columbia and numerous others. In Lawrence Industries fashion, fighting alongside whichever side it is believed has the best chance of emerging victorious.

Owner and CEO

The leader and driving force behind Lawrence Industries, Malcolm Lawrence has long been at the top of the food chain in the world of big business. Firmly rooted among influential business owners such as Cassidy Lockheart-Starks and Victor Ross. Born in the Mega Corporations home city of Manchester, Malcolm was home school by the best tutors his parents could afford, later attending Cambridge, Yale, Harvard and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Graduating with honors from all, earning several doctorates a full year before the norm. After his time in university Malcolm disappeared from the public eye, much to his parents dismay. The exact details of his absence are still unknown.

Rules:

- This thread takes place in Lawrence Tower in New York

- Areas within the tower are; Malcolm's Penthouse and Office, Research Facilities, Main Lobby, TSI Contingent Barracks, Underground Facilities.

- If your going to attack the building, for whatever reason, try your best to sell it.

- Anyone is welcome

- No, You cannot destroy the tower

- Have fun

#2 Posted by Constantine (16046 posts) - - Show Bio

Sounds like a competition that cropped up in my own backyard

#3 Posted by Mercy_ (92635 posts) - - Show Bio

Holy fck this is amazing O_O

@Constantine said:

Honey, you've already been outdone by me :D

#4 Posted by The_Assassin_ (17436 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mercy_: *blushes* Daaawww :D

I try ^.^ even mentioned you ~_^ <3

#5 Posted by Legacy_ (10412 posts) - - Show Bio
  • Starks Industries
  • Oracular Incorporated
  • Lawrence Industries
  • Zeraz Incorporated

Everything is so amazing lately :O

#6 Posted by The_Assassin_ (17436 posts) - - Show Bio

@Closure: There should be a battle between all the mega corporations xD

#7 Posted by Mercy_ (92635 posts) - - Show Bio

@Closure: Enterprises :P

@The_Assassin_: I saw <3

#8 Edited by Empty_ (337 posts) - - Show Bio

Just barely saw the Ross reference. Cool stuff, man. c:

#9 Posted by Legacy_ (10412 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mercy_: I'm like you av a lot o.o

@The_Assassin_: Lawrence is you?

#10 Posted by The_Assassin_ (17436 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mercy_: <3

@Closure: Indeed it is

@Empty_: No problem bud

#11 Posted by PaperRonin (1071 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome.

#12 Posted by The_Assassin_ (17436 posts) - - Show Bio

@PaperRonin: Thanks man

#13 Posted by PaperRonin (1071 posts) - - Show Bio

Yup,Yup.

Expect a visit. ;)

#14 Edited by Malcolm_Lawrence (134 posts) - - Show Bio

Sits in his office, reclined in a padded leather lined chair, feet up on the desk, Mozart softly playing in the background as he reviews the previous years finances. A German Shepherd asleep at his side, sprawled out on the Persian rug.

#15 Posted by ChildofDreams (79 posts) - - Show Bio

Assassiney! I knew he'd be a corp owner sooner or later.

#16 Posted by Austri (396 posts) - - Show Bio

I could really get use to posting here ;)

#17 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84653 posts) - - Show Bio

Good stuff

#18 Posted by The_Assassin_ (17436 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambler: Thanks man :D

#19 Posted by Malcolm_Lawrence (134 posts) - - Show Bio

Stands in front of the large bay window on the top floor of his penthouse situated high atop the tower, drinking bourbon, Bach playing quietly from a nearby iHome.

#20 Posted by agentxx (2533 posts) - - Show Bio

@Malcolm_Lawrence: Exits limousine and enters building lobby

#21 Posted by Malcolm_Lawrence (134 posts) - - Show Bio

@agentxx: As the executive entered the towering structure he was greeted by a receptionist behind a large desk carved from solid Oak, behind her a large holographic display of the Lawrence Industries logo as well as numerous products slowly rotated, floating through the air. "Welcome to Lawrence Industries, do you have an appointment Mr... ?"

#22 Posted by agentxx (2533 posts) - - Show Bio

@Malcolm_Lawrence: "Cody Banks...and no I don't I've came to get one"

#23 Posted by Malcolm_Lawrence (134 posts) - - Show Bio

@agentxx: The receptionist quickly typing something down on the computer in front of her before turning her attention back to him. "And what is your business here at Lawrence Industries?"

#24 Posted by agentxx (2533 posts) - - Show Bio

@Malcolm_Lawrence: "To talk to the C.E.O."

#25 Posted by Malcolm_Lawrence (134 posts) - - Show Bio

@agentxx: "One moment sir." picking up a nearby phone and explaining the situation to someone on the end, hanging up a few moments later. "Mr. Lawrence can meet with you now if you have the time Mr. Banks. Right through there." Gesturing towards a elevator separated from the others, the corporations logo emblazoned on the door. "The security desk up stairs will bring you up."

#26 Posted by agentxx (2533 posts) - - Show Bio

@Malcolm_Lawrence:Cody goes to destination.

#27 Posted by Malcolm_Lawrence (134 posts) - - Show Bio

@agentxx: The CEO of Lawrence Industries, Doctor Malcolm Lawrence, sits behind his desk in his surprisingly spartan office. A few diplomas, a wall taken up by a book shelf, a solid, hand carved wooden desk and a padded leather chair with a computer on top. The private elevator approached the floor and he stood and walked towards it to greet his guest. The door sliding open to reveal the sole occupant. "Mr. Banks I presume?"

#28 Posted by agentxx (2533 posts) - - Show Bio

@Malcolm_Lawrence: "Yes, you are correct" Cody said as he examined his surroundings behind his sun glasses.

#29 Posted by Malcolm_Lawrence (134 posts) - - Show Bio

@agentxx: Extending a hand in a friendly greeting, with a welcoming he smile he responds. "How may I help you Mr. Banks? I assume your here to discuss business?"

#30 Posted by agentxx (2533 posts) - - Show Bio

@Malcolm_Lawrence:Cody accepted the handshake and spoke "I'd like to form an alliance with your company"

#31 Posted by Malcolm_Lawrence (134 posts) - - Show Bio

@agentxx: "So it's a partnership you seek..." walking over to his desk and leaning back against it. "What might I ask does your corporation have to offer Lawrence Industries?"

#32 Posted by agentxx (2533 posts) - - Show Bio

@Malcolm_Lawrence: "If I had to guess it would probably be our Artificial Intelligence and machines"

#33 Posted by Malcolm_Lawrence (134 posts) - - Show Bio

@agentxx: 'Personally I find that offensive. To think Lawrence Industries would require aid from another in the field of Artificial Intelligence' said a somewhat electronic sounding voice mixed with a British accent, Malcolm immediately responding. "Now now Ava he didn't know, no need to be rude." Turning his attention back to Banks. "My apologies. The building's AI, Ava, gets a bit touchy at times. As for robotics we have our own robotics section but there isn't that much interest in it at the moment..."

#34 Edited by agentxx (2533 posts) - - Show Bio

@Malcolm_Lawrence:Cody laughed to himself as heard the A.I's snappy response "It's simple if you agree I scratch your back you scratch mine, we'll help each other and share our resources"

#35 Posted by Malcolm_Lawrence (134 posts) - - Show Bio

@agentxx: "Send me a copy of your companies financial information from last year. I'll review it and get back to you Mr. Banks." Placing his hands behind his back. "To go ahead with a partnership without doing so beforehand would terribly irresponsible. I'll be sure to have my secretary do the same for you."

#36 Posted by agentxx (2533 posts) - - Show Bio

@Malcolm_Lawrence: "Do you have a fax machine I can use?"

#37 Posted by Malcolm_Lawrence (134 posts) - - Show Bio

@agentxx: "Of course, Right through that door. My Secretary will be more than happy to assist you." Gesturing towards a door to he left.

#38 Posted by agentxx (2533 posts) - - Show Bio

@Malcolm_Lawrence:Cody entered and pulled out his cell phone after a while of talking his sister sent in the financial information of last year, Cody pulled it out while thanking the secretary and presented them to Malcolm.

#39 Posted by Malcolm_Lawrence (134 posts) - - Show Bio

@agentxx: He graciously accepts the documents and in return hands him another set, detailing the Lawrence Industries previous fiscal year. "I'll give you a call and inform you of my decision once I've had a chance to look over these. For now though I have a meeting to get to in Toronto. Good day Mr. Banks." As he walked towards the window it slid back as a helipad extended from within the building. A private helicopter setting down on the pad just as he reached the pad itself, turning and giving a wave to his associate before climbing in. The craft lifting off moments later.

#40 Posted by agentxx (2533 posts) - - Show Bio

@Malcolm_Lawrence:Cody waved goodbye

#41 Posted by Constantine (16046 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mercy_ said:

Holy fck this is amazing O_O

@Constantine said:

Honey, you've already been outdone by me :D

When you're running a country you can get back to me on that ;P

#42 Posted by Malcolm_Lawrence (134 posts) - - Show Bio

Relaxes after a long day in the private library on the top floor of Lawrence Tower as Beethoven reverberates off the walls.

#43 Posted by _Higgins_ (2990 posts) - - Show Bio

@Malcolm_Lawrence: "Use the vents they said...Grrr...It will be easy they said.." Ash complains as he struggled through the air ducts throughout the building, dragging a black bag with his foot as he navigated the tight crawlspace.

#44 Posted by Malcolm_Lawrence (134 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ash_Walmer: Suddenly the music stopped and the owner looked upwards. "Ava?" An electronic voice following shortly afterwards. 'Doctor Lawrence, their seems to be some sort of rodent in the ventilation system.' His brow wrinkled in frustration. "And why tell me?" the AI responding. 'It appears to be heavily armed...'

#45 Posted by _Higgins_ (2990 posts) - - Show Bio

@Malcolm_Lawrence: Ash slid downwards through the vent systems and grabbed the black bag before it could drop onto him. With goggles on, he pulled out a plasma cutting torch and started to make a circle incision on the steel plating of the ventilation shaft. "I don't wanna set the wooorld on fiiiire..." he sings a tune with his natural cockney accent and continues to cut slowly.

#46 Posted by Malcolm_Lawrence (134 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ash_Walmer: Calm and collected as always he nods. "Deploy a security team to look into this breach." A heavily armed security team comprised of TSI Contractors stood waiting outside the vent, waiting for the intruder to exit.

#47 Posted by _Higgins_ (2990 posts) - - Show Bio

@Malcolm_Lawrence: Just as he was about to finish the cut, his rodent ears and nose could pick up the scent of a ton of humans. "Well that is total bullocks.." He mumbled. As the guards fixed their weapons on the breach, Ash booted the round piece of steel the rest of the way off and straight towards one of the guards standing in front. Without another second watsted, Ash quickly scurries out of the hole and tosses five flash bangs in the air, going off almost instantly. The welding goggles that Ash was wearing easily protected his eyes from the intense flash, but as soon as it faded, he tossed them towards the face of one of the guards while leaping through the air. The raccoon estimated the humans weren't expecting on fighting so small, and hoped to use their first few moments of reaction time to shoot at him while he hurled straight into the squad of guards.

First he pulled out his buck knife laced with fear toxin and went to slice at one of the closest guards a few times before performing a small cartwheel flips behind the legs of another guard, sending a palm strike straight for his kneecap with the intent to shatter it or at least cripple. He then attempted to scale the guard and snap his neck, luckily the knee blow landed and his finishing blow would be successful. Ash back flipped off that guards back and pulled out his two blaster pistols, within the time he was in the air snagged attempted shots for the eyes of three more of the guards before sending a flying kick aimed at the face of one behind him. "COME ON!"

#48 Posted by Malcolm_Lawrence (134 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ash_Walmer: Surprised by the racoon's agility the security team hesitates for a split second to long, blinded by the flash bangs the trained operators hold their fire, not wanting to hit their own, their gas mask's tinted lenses preventing the flash from harming their retina to much. One guard received a slice to his knee before opening fire on the animal assassin, before dropping to the fetal position, overcome with fear. Within seconds another guards knee was nearly shattered by a surprisingly powerful strike, only to have his neck snapped by the enraged rodent.

As Ash back flipped of the falling guard he opened fire, the men managing to avoid the disturbingly close shots. Falling back behind a line on the floor, dragging their terrified comrade as energy barriers emanated from the floor, trapping the intruder within.

On the opposite side of the corridor stood the CEO himself, Doctor Malcolm Lawrence, seemingly trapped within the makeshift cage with the rodent renegade. "Quite a show you put on." His distinct British accent clearly distinguishable. "Now what may I ask are you doing invading my tower? Mr....?"

#49 Posted by _Higgins_ (2990 posts) - - Show Bio

@Malcolm_Lawrence: "Walmer Mr.Lawrence. Ash Walmer." His cockney accent went along well with the entrepreneur's accent. The killer gave his weapons a few spins before holstering them both. The raccoon crossed his arms and grinned like a misfit as he looked up at the well tailored business titan. "I came here looking for some contracts, consider that my resume.." Ash points over to the crippled guard squad and let out a devilish chuckle.

#50 Posted by _Higgins_ (2990 posts) - - Show Bio

@Malcolm_Lawrence: "Walmer Mr.Lawrence. Ash Walmer." His cockney accent went along well with the entrepreneur's accent. The killer gave his weapons a few spins before holstering them both. The raccoon crossed his arms and grinned like a misfit as he looked up at the well tailored business titan. "I came here looking for some contracts, consider that my resume.." Ash points over to the crippled guard squad and let out a devilish chuckle.