KOV- Showdown on the steppe: Web Flotsam vs. Cellphonegirl

Web_Flotsam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Web Flotsam rode across the plains, impressed by the ability of the Monguls to choose the most boring living location possible. At least he had his leg fixed, even if he kept it in its metallic form. In fact, he hadn't changed his form at all since the last battle. Two extra arms still dangled from his back, although they no longer burned. He liked his karate-fighting horse and didn't want to hurt it.

A large white tent lay before him, guarded by two Mongolian horsemen. He waved them aside and they nodded him in. He wondered if his omnilingual abilities would come in handy, but waved off the idea. He would win this alone. The inside of the tent had a floor covered in a bloodstained mat. Weapons lined the walls, and right next to the door was a bucket of spears. Web reached out, taking a spear in each hand.

Boy was his foe going to be surprised.

CellphoneGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

I strode along the path on my karate fighting horse to reach the destination in which I'll be meeting my next challenger. Yes, I said I'm riding a karate fighting horse; a magnificent one at best. Never knew this type of breed existed until now. Wanna know what is more weird about this situation? How there is a place in this universe that exists with no wifi signal? This isn't the stone ages where that doesn't exist!

The intense heat burns the skin of my body. I smile knowing that, while I'm possibly going to get a wonderful tan, and I'm also absorbing as much sun light as possible.

I've been holding up my cellphone for practically like, forever and not a damn thing, and just when I think things couldn't get anymore worse my phone dies! It is upsetting that I was not able to take a selfie with my new companion. Like, Yeah I could zap a few bolts of light from my hands, but that's totally different from electricity. I should really invest in getting a solar powered cellphone.

The tent soon appears and I see two guards standing inside. Are they like props for the fight or something? I charge inside of the place and race around my opponent. He stands there with two spears in his possession. He even has two extra arms..

"Did I forget the memo, and not bring my two extra limbs? At least I brought the Horse, right!?" I hop off my fighting pony and dramatically flip my luscious pink hair. I mean, I have been using better shampoo and conditioner lately, but getting my opponent to think I'm a total moron is going to be his downfall.

With a wave of my right hand a red whip of light appears in my hand. Glancing towards the collection of nice weapons we have to choose from I launch my whip to grab a hold of a battle Ax. With a flick of my wrist I aim it towards my opponent's torso.

As I spin around the temperature of my whip increases as flames appear. Small embers buzz around as I wait for how he deals with my first attack. Then I launch my fiery whip towards him aiming it towards both of his legs. It's so hot that it could leave serious damage to his skin. He'll probably be able to walk, but running will be very difficult if my attack ends up as planned.

I stare at my karate kicking horse, and slowly sparkles of light swarm around him. His persona transforms into a exact copy of me. An illusion beautifully crafted early in the game. Hell, I'm kind of lucky I can bend light like that. My opponent is not gonna know which of us is which, well, I mean the doppleganger who knows karate might give that one away.

Web_Flotsam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Web_Flotsam

@cellphonegirl:

Web watched his opponent come in, riding a horse similar to his own. Huh. That was odd. Maybe Phil and Orpheus shopped at the same stable. "Did I forget the memo, and not bring my two extra limbs? At least I brought the Horse, right!?" Definitely from the same place. He needed to keep an eye on the horse from now on. He scanned his opponent. Pink hair, creepy eyes, wings. No indicator of what her powers were, besides flight. "What, do those wings not count as extra limbs?" He was distracted enough by their chat that he almost didn't notice the ax swinging towards him.

He glanced to the side just in time to launch a fireball, blasting the handle of the axe to ashes and leaving the head to drop. "Nice try, but- oh, real cute." The whip was expertly manipulated, flickering around his legs in an instant. He grinned and reached down, grabbing it in one hand. The arm became metallic and fiery, revealing the true might that lay beneath its false skin. "You seek to harm me with flame? I am flame!"

He tugged on the whip, trying to draw his foe in, and his body ignited. His two extra arms raised above his head, ready to spear his opponent even as she cast some sort of charm over her horse. In a moment, a second pink-haired teen stood at the ready. He had no idea what she had done, but it needed to be dealt with. "Get your counterpart!" He commanded his own horse, and it charged.

CellphoneGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All of a sudden I feel a rough tug on my whip causing me to come closer to him a few steps unexpectedly. As I try my hardest to keep a hold my weapon I notice the long string of red glowing brighter and brighter from the tension between the two of us. I let go as it breaks causing an explosion of blinding light to come from the ripped whip. Almost the whole room lights up. A few bits of light flares that hit me only absorb right into my skin. I hope my opponent gets caught in the blast, or distracted at the very least.

I look over to see the enemy's pet Horse already charging its way towards my Horsey companion. At the very last second before the room returns to normal I swap places with him to-

OUCH!

In return this causes me to get rammed into a wall by the mean Horse. I fall to the ground and crap, seriously my back. Ouch, I'm going to need a week's therapy after this. I kinda had no choice to do this, or the illusion would have vanished from the harsh and sudden attack. Hopefully if I was right about this dude being distracted he'll now think my doppleganger is really me, and me being the cute horsey.

I wink at the false Cellphone Girl to give him the okay to attack the fiery dude we are facing. Now to add a little bit of flare to throw this dude even more off. I add some special effects to my sidekick's hands and feet and watch them blossom into a multicolored aura as he races towards the dude. The copycat raises his right leg and aims for the chest of the opponent. If, the attack is successful it should hopefully crack the metal skin he has to protect him, or at least damage it a bit. Then I watch my companion launching another kick, yet higher aimed to hopefully hit this man's jaw.

I look straight ahead and my other problem and I take one step causing my body to be in mid air as I push myself off of the ground. I bend the light to disguise the blue flames that cascade down my legs, and I am hoping to knock out my opponent's horse, or possibly lighting it on fire. Oops, silly me!

Web_Flotsam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Web_Flotsam

And it was all going so well before. He had been pulling on the whip and making ground before it exploded. Now he was half blind, his opponent whaling on him, and his horse was on fire. The first blow landed on his chest, denting the steely exterior. He coughed up sparks, realizing the damage was more extreme than at first evident. He couldn't let her land another blow.

He dodged the second strike, aimed at his jaw, and lunged backwards. He started grabbing everything he could find on the wall- swords, knives, spears, axes- igniting them and then throwing them in blazing arcs at both of his foes. The tent was cut to ribbons and set ablaze as it began to collapse.

CellphoneGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fires rain down from the heavens, or in actuality the tent's ceiling as I watch the whole scene around us fall. My opponent uses this clever distraction to throw literally anything he can to hurt us. A spear masked in fire cuts my doppleganger in the arm. The magical facade vanished as he was injured to reveal a horse chilling in the wake of a fire spree.

I race to catch up to my companion as the horde of weapons chase to target me as well. Before grasping onto the back of the horse I get hit in my right leg with two knives causing me to hit the floor like Velma searching for her glasses. I reach for the legs of the horse, and force myself to crawl onto him. Blood spills down my leg as we rush out of the tent into the vast desert world. The sun beating down on our bodies as we race away from the destruction of the battle. I turn to see the Tent in nothing but ashes as flames reached high into the sky.

I slowly pull the knives out of my leg and toss them onto the ground. The sand! Wait i got it! I begin to heat the sand to the point where it changes into glass. I jump off the horse causing the glass to break into a bunch of large dangerous shards. A straining echo comes from my lungs causing the vibrations to slowly levitate the glass off of the sand. I aim for my control vocal chords to send the shards towards my enemy. I don't really think glass can do much damage to a man armed with metal, but I do know that the longer he stays near that fire the easier it will take for his body to reach its own melting point.

Web_Flotsam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As the tent burns and collapses, his foes flee it. He stays, hiding in the ash but took care to avoid dulling his metallic shine. He had a plan. Glass shards flew overhead, and one even struck his cheek, a shard getting into his eye. He stifled his pained howl by sealing his mouth shut. Despite the pain, his sealed lips were twisted into a smile. This was a fun foe. He wondered how she'd deal with his next trick.

All four of his arms became shovels and he began digging, hidden from view by the ash. Four arms and strong legs drove him forward quickly, but not quickly enough. He put his arms together and they twisted into a drill. That's better. He bored through the ground, listening for the obvious noise of horse hooves.

There it was, a little to the left. He purposefully went right under the horse above, causing the ground to collapse under their weight. He burst forth, fully metallic now and blinding in the sun. He aimed at the hole he made with one hand and flooded it with lightning.

CellphoneGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By CellphoneGirl

No!

My light speed reflexes push me to be able to see the bolts of lightning now racing towards us, yet still giving me time to do something. The only problem is that it's at an alarming speed so I need to think fast!

I take a step in front of my Horse and launch a wall of green translucent light in front of us. I watch the electricity travel around the wall on impact blocking a lot of the attack. It shatters almost immediately and I see the bolt aimed right at-

Ugh.. Ouch! I need to stop getting the crap knocked out of me. I glance down to see that my cellphone is now broken, at least my Horse is still alive. "C'mon! This is like my third phone this month! Do you understand how difficult it is to understand how Cloud works!?" Wait, did he leave his Horse to die in the fire?

"Dude, did you leave your Horse to die!?" A burning rage grows behind my eyes causes them to glow a deep red. The veins in my body literally begin to glow red as well as my body temperature continues to accelerate. The ground below me slowly transforms itself from sand to glass from the heat.

I launch two beams of hot light towards his metallic like skin, hoping to at least melt some of it, or distract him at the very least.

I levitate.

Using my vocal chords I scream to manipulate the sand all around us. Soundwaves push the sand to rise high above to the sky masking us in a sandstorm. I hope he has good vision, cause hell, I could barely see anything myself.

Web_Flotsam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

His surprise seemed to work well. While his foe had some sort of shield, his power was too much for it, shattering the green wall and smashing into her. And yet still she stood. "C'mon! This is like my third phone this month! Do you understand how difficult it is to understand how Cloud works!?"

At least both their senses of humor where still intact. "I'll teach you if we both survive. Of course, if I want to have more fun, you won't." He didn't notice her sudden glare as she realized what was missing. "Dude, did you leave your Horse to die!?" Her attack struck him in the chest, heating him internally. "Actually, funny thing about that." Smoke poured from his mouth, but he was having too much fun to care about the damage she was doing.

Fire dripped from his feet, forming something on the ground. "I don't make normal fire. I make dataflame. It doesn't burn, it just converts. It makes more data for me, something I can command at will. I'd like you to meet a new, improved, karate horse!" A blazing horse the size of an elephant and coated in metal rose. "Of course, it costs me matirial to fix what you just did, but I feel it was worth it for the expression on your face. Get her." The massive horse brought its hoof down in an enormous karate chop as Web ducked behind it for cover.