KOV Round 3: Nox vs. Joey, the Destroyer of Worlds

Avatar image for joey_destroyer_of_worlds
Joey_Destroyer_of_Worlds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

HAHA, JOSEPH, WE BATTLE IN THE HALLS OF ATLANTIS! THE PEACEFUL HOLDS OF MY BROTHER POSEIDON! WE SHALL TOGETHER BE WELCOMED LIKE THE TRUEBORN KINGS WE ARE-

A voice that raged like a torrent through Joey Beckham's mind was suddenly silenced as the boy stood on the sea floor. This city before them... If it could even be called a city... was an utter ruin. The young Champion of Zeus looked around, feeling hopelessly small in a world that was now bigger than ever before. At the bottom of the sea, in a tournament where the goal was to beat and perhaps kill the other person that wanted the grand prize, in a small bubble of air... It was easy to feel hopeless in such a scenario.

"Looks like your bro abandoned these halls years ago, buddy." The teen sniffed and slowly started to walk through the remains of what was at one point a famous city, and is to this day a famous legend. Blue eyes scanning over every bit of rubble, every fish that swam by, every change in the world immediately around him, he felt a tinge of fear deep down inside, an itching suspicion that was clawing at the walls of his bravery. He would not be frightened of whatever enemy he faced. He couldn't be afraid now.

Up above, miles and miles above, he felt a storm brewing, one caused by his very own willpower. Joey knew he would need to grow big for this fight, but he didn't want to enter his magical form just yet, without knowing where the opponent was. For only four hours could the boy hold Zeus in the halfway state between god and man, and he planned on not wasting a single second of that span of time. Sniffing airily, he kept up his search for the man he had to beat, his mind resting on the goal of being given the nigh-omnipotent wish...

His only hope was that his own willpower could surpass that of the challenger that sought to destroy him.

_Nox_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By _Nox_

Therefore the clever combatant imposes his will on the enemy, but does not allow the enemy's will to be imposed on him.

Atlantis, I know of the man that runs the new place, never visited but I hear it's quite the sight. His appearance might trick you into believing that he's not much of a threat but then he floods an entire city and it's hard not to think of him as a god. Not Poseidon though, if he ever existed then he was nothing short of an asshole, in fact the entire pantheon is composed of a bunch of jealous rapists/murderers who only wanted attention. It's hard to believe someone like the Greeks ever worshiped those dickheads.

I need to find a steady vantage point between far enough from the target. This place is being held together by the same thread that holds together Rivers Cuomo'ssweater. I need to find out what the hell I'm fighting before I decide to go Batman on his ass.

The Cardinal Mamba climbed to a broken pillar, his position was crunched in a way that his cape covered most of his body and made him seem less human. He scouted the area with his chameleon like vision from all angels. It didn't take him many seconds to spot his target, from appearance the person he was fighting seemed normal, maybe too normal.

No one who was this common would be able to get this far into the tournament if they were not a skilled fighter. I need to strike first, with the element of surprise on my side I can successfully take the offensive and keep him in a disadvantage. If he keeps only reacting to my assaults then I am bound to hurt him no matter how powerful he is. In a fight usually the most aggressive will win.

Like a true Knightfall, Mark tightly held three shuriken in between his fingers. The metal was cold, he could feel it even through the his gloves but not as cold as his opponent would be if his skin was cut by the poison dipped weapons. They weren't meant to kill, rather temporarily paralyze, after all he seemed like a normal enough fellow who was only in this for glory. He didn't deserve to die simply for being his way.

The shuriken flew through the air, he could hear them circle through the air and would be able to listen to the sound his skin would make if his opponent was stabbed or if he somehow managed to block them. Therefore he decided to move immediately after releasing them like an underwater beast uninterested in revealing his presence just yet.

Mark hid behind a mountain of debris which he suspected once was a house because of the different range in bone sizes indicating different age groups much like a home would have. A large shadow was cast over him, he smirked and slowed down his breathing to ensure his safety. Before even landing he knew was his next move would be. But for now he just waited and enjoyed the momentary serenity and familiarity that the broken home offered,

Avatar image for joey_destroyer_of_worlds
Joey_Destroyer_of_Worlds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@_nox_:

They were unavoidable. That, Joey could say for certain, as soon as he turned his head and found the three small bits of weaponry flying towards him. Perhaps in his superhuman state, but not like this. Eyes growing wide in terror, he went to try and dodge the blades, but instead they hit their mark- all three of them, one in his shoulder and two in his chest. At first pain seared through his body, burning like he had just fallen head first into a bush of thorns, but he knew he had to walk it off.

Wincing still, he turned and started running from the one that pursued him. I'm not dead yet. If I can get to a safe area, I might be able to lose him for a short while, and wait till he gets close so I can blast h- The thoughts were cut short as he found himself falling headfirst into the sand, his movement suddenly restricted greatly. Joey yelled out, in a dose of pain and fear at the same time, and desperately tried to move his muscles to no avail. It was as if the very nerves in his body had merely quit out on him, and left him to fend for himself...

FEAR NOT JOSEPH. I HAVE A PLAN. WHEN THE BOY GETS CLOSE TO US, WE TRANSFORM... CATCHING HIM IN THE BLAST RADIUS AND SENDING HIM TO THE UNDERWORLD!

Although he didn't agree with the Underworld part, the god inside of the boy did have a point. Transforming took no physical motion whatsoever, and the lightning blast could pose a threat if anyone got too close... Alright, Z. We gotta wait till he gets close. With a smirk, Joey still struggled against the paralyzing blades, knowing now what he should do. If his foe got within six feet of him, he'd be golden, and could change to become the 'Champion of Zeus'... If not, he'd await his foes next move before transforming. Either way he still believed he had a likely shot at winning this thing. The only regret he held was that the sand on the sea floor was starting to get into his eyes...

_Nox_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

As soon as he heard the knives smack against his opponent's skin he knew it was time to move. Revealing his whereabouts would be a foolish move, instead he chose to relocate. Hunching his back like he was from Norte Dame, Mark moved from stacks of rubble to stacks of ashes never losing sight of his target, never revealing himself to the little light that managed to swim through the deep black ocean.

The boy seemed to struggle with the shurikens, Mark never expected them actually work. He was simply testing the waters. Even still he didn't dare to face him, it could all be some elaborate act in order to give a false sense of victory only so he would reveal his position. Maybe seven years ago that tactic would have worked, but by now the Cardinal Mamba knew better than to blow his load until his opponent was finished for sure.

Alternatively, he took out a metallic ball from his belt and rolled it towards his previous position. Instantly a life like hologram projected the Rose Pugilist unleashing a wave of shuriken projectiles on a loop as way to lure his opponent to attack. By the time he figures out that it's not me it's going to be too late.

Before leaving the former position he had placed two proximity bombs in the broken stones. He was trying to force his opponent into showing his cards and charging towards the projection. Once activated the blast radius would be large enough to blow a car into pieces like Greece's economy.

Should he be able to see right through the hologram or fail to move due to fatigue. Mark would activate it anyways and use the explosion as a second distraction in order to switch covers once again.

“Yield!”. Mark warned with contempt, he believed that ht had maybe already won the battle when that couldn't be farther from the truth.

Shit. The Carmine Nagas realized that in showing mercy he had just given away his position, ultimately damaging his strategy and opening himself for possible retaliation. He could attempt to move again but at that point he would lose the position of hunter and become prey. No. Mark knew that he had to march forward towards Gaul.

Without another word the Nocturnal Knight put himself in open and drew the Trion swords pointed at the boy holding a god captive.

“I'll give you one last chance to surrender before this goes too far. Your choice decides whether you get to walk away from this or you get carried away in a plastic bag”.