KOV round 3: Clutch VS DwRonin

DwRonin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Ronin felt completely weightless. All he could see was an endless amount of darkness stretching away. Was his eyes closed? He didn't think so, but it was impossible to be sure, due to his inability to control his body. Still he was pretty certain his eyes weren't closed, due to the endless stretch of nothingness before him. It felt like he was somewhere else, not of time or space. Surprisingly enough, the Umbra Ninja had some experienced with this. One time he was pulled into another dimension made out of paint, believe it or not. This wasn't your everyday darkness, this was....advanced darkness.

Suddenly the endless void lit up, in a drowning light. Still, Ronin couldn't control his body so he just had to deal with the sting of his eyes."Oh, what's this?" A strangely familiar voice spoke. "We seem to have two new combatants. It was only a matter of time I suppose...with the increased quantum flux this sort of thing is commonplace. Well, I'm sure we can fit you in." Ronin had a blaring sense of deja vu as the man spoke, realizing he had been here before. Combatants? He had a vague memory of fighting a Asgardian God, a powerful mystic, and a fallen angel. This wasn't the first time Ronin was pulled from his life for the amusement of others. The first time being when his parents were murdered and he was kidnapped to be mind controlled into a killing machine, the second being when the same godly beings he was dealing with now, pulled him from time and space to fight the Asgardian, Mystic, and Angel.

The worst of it all was the time he had lost. From the death of his parents to him finally breaking free from the mind control, 20 years had passed. Then when these same godly beings had taken him the first time, they had sent him back a year later to his world, where he seemingly lost three of his friends and then left the Champions of Peace. He could only imagine what he would miss after his time was over this time. He thought about the team he led, Children Of the Damned. A low level vigilante team, made up of misfit heroes just trying to do the right thing. He thought of them as his family and would be damned if he lost another one.

The funny....or not so funny part, was Ronin wasn't only thinking these thoughts, his life was actually flashing before him on the previously white sky. It was almost like a promo for a WWE wrestling match. This was all a game to the viewers and Ronin would make them pay. He would defeat every challenger before him then come after the people that took him from his world, he didn't give a %^&* how powerful they were.

Ronin concentrated, thrusting his muscles and cybernetic arm with all his might and breaking from his immobility. His feeling of relief and accomplishment would be short lived, considering he began to fall through the giant sky of nothingness. "Oh crap!" Suddenly the white sky became a mixture of rainbow colors. He dove into the colors, realizing they were....plastic? He emerged from the giant ball pit, a very confused.

Ronin chuckled, remembering the wacky arena's he had previously fought in at these godly entities expense. He looked around at the endless amount of slides, ball pits, nets and other amusing children's games. "This should be fun." He sarcastically spoke to himself, unsure of if his opponent had arrived yet. Ronin hopped out, throwing a few sensory explosives around the area so no one could sneak up on him. He then took cover behind a red slide, he wouldn't be very hidden considering he doubted he would find anything black here. Still, it was the best course of action as he readied himself for a fight.

Clutch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Clutch

"Oh, what's this?" "We seem to have two new combatants. It was only a matter of time I suppose...with the increased quantum flux this sort of thing is commonplace. Well, I'm sure we can fit you in."

"I was already crazy before I started hearing the voices. I'm almost sure I create them in my head, but sometimes the deep emotional vents to the girl Serenity throws me off the edge even further the dark abyss of insanity. I didn't believe in space dementia before I decided to journey into the stars in a trillion dollar state-of-the art spacecraft , and I also did not think I'd be having an existential crisis while making lightspeed jumps through interstellar wormholes, but here I am. About to pirate another space port while hearing voices I've never heard before talking about things I can't seem to grasp. F*ck it. I'll just continue on pretending I'm in Star Trek and the voices are my crew. Captains Log 15973 , out. "

"Star Trek sucks." Serenity chuckled and the Infamous Wildcard's world began to spin and distort as he felt like he was about to die from alcohol poisoning.

The Enigmatic Enigma had been experiencing space dementia for sometime now , yet the voice that he heard before he engaged the Star Nautilus' hyperdrive was unfamiliar. It wasn't Serenity's voice , the female companion he fashioned after his 3rd grade crush and it wasn't the voice of Dreamthunder the Apache war chief who always showed up when things were about to go wrong. This was a totally new voice that was paired with a brilliant flash of lights that he had never seen in all of the thousands of hyperjumps he made. At first he chalked up the phenomenon to his deteriorating mental state and the ceaseless wonders of space travel , but he soon realized he wasn't in space anymore. What he though was his prized starcraft hurdling through a spacetime wormhole , was in fact his body merging images and the sensation of moving at a fast speed until he came to realize he was actually falling down "a slide?"

Clutch felt dumbfounded even though he was simultaneously experiencing the bliss of a profound epiphany as he slid down what seemed like a never ending rabbit hole. He got serious as the nanobots in his body started to function better, because he realized that the Homunculi weren't as effective in deep space but were now preforming at their apex. The Homunculi began to enhance his senses, immediately beganning to draw in information from the surroundings as he rapidly shot through the dark tube . The thick scent of plastic and sweaty feet paired with a myriad of colors to bombard Clutch as he shot from the end of the slide into a perfect roll that landed him in a crouched position with Risky's dual pistols drawn instinctively. He had the entire infrastructure mapped out in seconds as his cybernetic eyes blazed with red coded glyphs of data; his machine mind working in perfect unison with his body. He drew in a large breath of oxygen and felt his senses go wild as he commanded the Homunculi in his bloodstream to stimulate every nerve in his body to serve as the "pinch" that would wake him up if he was dreaming. He wasn't.

Like the infinitely experienced warrior he was he stood up slowly and used his skill and technology to give him as much information as possible. The technopathic powers of the Wildcard worked seamlessly with his cybernetic enhancements , while his strategic mind and sharpened senses analyzed and stored everything. Down to the number of molecules in the air and the heat signatures of some well placed explosives and a beating heart. A thin smirk came across Clutch as he quickly checked his gear by sifting rapidly through his infinite arsenal, and preparing his external symbiotic weapons system to appear at the speed of thought. Dressed in his infamous black uniform the Avatar of Death holstered his pistols, lit a cigarette , took a couple drags then flicked it to the ground before he called out to the person who was giving off a large thermal reading.

"Let's make this quick. I want to find out what happens to the main character next." his deep robotic voice and arrogant tone called out to whoever was there. He asked Dreamthunder if he was sure this wasn't just another psychedelic Jupiter Berry binge but got no answer.

The Ghost had done this before. Unknown enemy in unfamiliar territory while maybe on mind-altering substances. His many battles taught him many things , but one of the mantras he held close to his heart was "Shoot first. Ask questions later." He did just that as he clasped his hands together and activated the Deus Ex Machina to summon one of his favorite weapons. In a flash of pixilized data he was holding a black graphite compound bow which was fortified with black vibranium much like the arrows that were in the quiver which rested on his back suddenly. In seconds Clutch fired off three arrows with uncanny accuracy; blazing towards the heat signatures he was locked on to. The arrows whizzed through an impossible obstacle of nets and slides until they finally reached their destination. The Wildcard mentally gave himself a score of 10 after watching his own miraculous display of marksmanship. The sensory explosives that where revealed in Clutch's initial scan met with the explosives in the arrowhead's of his projectiles. The resulting explosion was massive, managing to shake the entire place while hurling debris and shrapnel.

The Mercenary was not immune to his own destruction as a wave of hot sharpened plastic from the explosion came crashing into his skin before he jumped into a deep ocean of colored spheres , and climbed a ladder that led him to a brief resting point. The ebon-clad mercenary's minor wounds had healed as he summoned a jet black M855A1 and he stretched into a prone position in the nest of net that hovered over the a sea of plastic balls 10 feet down. He stared through the scope of his death-spitting assault rifle while staying vigilant for any move made. He was losing his mind but he still knew he wanted to eat another soul.

"Don't worry , I'll help you." Serenity spoke but Clutch remained silent and kept his trigger finger ready.

DwRonin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

The Umbra Ninja tentatively watched his opponent behind the 'safety' of his big red plastic slide. Ronin being the usual underdog, always made sure to size up his opponents before attacking, something he learned from his dark past. The low tech system in his suit scanned his opponent from afar, picking up on the copious amounts of nanite technology floating around him. Oz also found his opponents network feedback leaking in, all while noticing the seemingly infinite amount of weapons his opponent was capable of storing. Ronin took a big sigh, he always found himself up against heavy hitters in these 'celestial tournaments' this time obviously being no different.

"Let's make this quick. I want to find out what happens to the main character next." Ronin's opponent spoke in a strange metallic rhythm. So he was cocky, delusional, and possibly robotic? Good, Ronin could use all of those qualities against him, especially if his opponent was already underestimating him. That was a mistake most of Ronin's opponents made, something they always regretted. He'd make sure this time would be no different, whether he won or lost, his opponent would forever remember this fight. His opponent took out a cigarette, as he holstered his two pistols, took a few drags then flicked it away. Was that for theatrics? Ronin wasn't very sure. His opponent then clasped his hands together, activating the portal to his limitless arsenal.

His opponent pulled out a good looking bow, so Ronin reached over his shoulder and unharnessed his vibranium bow as well. In the blink of an eye his opponent shot three arrows. Being one to think on his feet, Ronin realized that their was no way his opponent was going for a precession shot from this distance and would instead be using some sort of trick arrows, something Ronin was very familiar with. Ronin dove out of the way, coming to the conclusion that this man was one for theatrics and would most likely start this fight off with a bang. Ronin's jetboots started him off on a quick escape, but he mistakenly found himself in the path of one of the three arrows.

Ronin spun in mid air, like a spiraling football, catching the wild arrow and with the momentum of his body he threw the arrow back at his opponent as he continued through with his escape The explosion of the two arrows echoed through out the plastic coliseum as Ronin failed to fully outreach the blast zone. He felt the pain of the hot plastic shards tare into his back, his vibranium kevlar meshed suit taking the brunt of the assault. The third arrow made contact in the vicinity of his opponents prone position and blew up.

The Umbra Ninja didn't use this time to rest, he felt the adrenaline, and surprisingly, the excitement building up in every inch of his body. He didn't often enjoy fighting, especially when it was for no productive reason (IE his crime fighting) but something about the location and fortitude of his opponent was psyching him up and putting his head in the game. One handicap he had to deal with though, was his desire to keep from killing, something his heavily armed opponent seemed to have no problem with.

Now Ronin found himself on top of a wobbly bridge, not too far from his opponent. He jumped up, running on the handrail then vaulting off and propelling himself up. He cartwheeled through the air, each second he was upside down he attached a cartridge onto his vibranium arrow's and released one at his opponent. He found himself in the air for a good 6 seconds. The first arrow he released was a gravity arrow. An arrow with it's own gravitational pull, which would pull anything near it's vicinity towards it, which would hopefully keep his opponent from his escaping. The second arrow he shot was a concrete arrow, an arrow that would cast part of his opponents body with super-fast hardening concrete and hopefully immobilize him. The third arrow, which he made sure to aim for his opponent upper extremities was a gas arrow, an arrow that would hopefully put the target unconscious. The three final arrows were incendiary arrows, arrows that would blow up in a huge flame of fire, something the concrete was very susceptible to.

Ronin didn't watch his handy work, believing his acute accuracy would make the attacks effective. Instead he ran through the explosives he had previously set, dodging each one and assuming his opponent wouldn't be as careful when he soon angrily followed. He took cover again, believe it or not, behind a black slide. The Umbra Ninja set his bow on his back, then unsheathed one of his Katana's. He was unsure if his opponent had super strength, so he wouldn't make the mistake of using both and being at a disadvantage if so. Ronin looked into the reflection of the vibranium steel, seeing his tame, but killer instinct stare, then turning the blade away to instead watch for his opponents presence.