Avatar image for just_an_average_man
Just_an_average_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

*Vrooom*

The engine settled and hummed as the chopper cycle slowly came to slow as Armory, the "Average man" as people had taken to calling him, stopped near his destination. The area known as crystal lake, and it was here that his battlefield had been chosen. He got off the bike with the heavy thud of his boot against the ground as he kicked the stand out and parked it up against the area.

Crystal lake? Yup. That's real comforting. With any luck, I'll just be facing some run of the mill slasher. We can play hide and seek for a little bit before I blow him in two.....bah, what am I sayin'? It's not gonna be easy.

Never is....
Never is....

His Beowulf with Dragon's kiss in hand, he prowled through the forest on foot, his thermals as he looked about the area, the infrared revealing the wildlife to him. He surveyed the area, learned it well for now. His capacity for learning excellent, and helpful in enabling him to use the environment to his liking. All the leaves and trees....it's a perfect place to lay traps.

Now let's see....wonder who I might be fightin'. Probably someone with super speed....maybe teleportation. Everyone's got the strength these days, that's a given. Might be someone who can just stare at me to put me down.....

He mulled about at the abilities he could possibly encounter, and all those kinds of people he's fought. People who far outclass him and his ordinary weapons and gear. He's always come out on top or at least survived against these superhumans, demons, vampires, psychoes, spirit wolves, cyborgs and bullet dodging martial artists, but he knew to never underestimate and opponent.....

No matter how they appear...

He made his way through the woods cautiously, being close to the trees and ever ready to move with a nimbleness that belayed that of a man of that size, clad in that much gear. He kept a cool head, no use losing your sh** at a time like this.

Maybe this'll even be pretty interestin'....

@kitsune_squad

Kitsune_Squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Camp... Crystal Lake. Here I am again. Moa Kikuchi... Reporting for duty!
Yui: "Moa? you know i can hear your thoughts righ'?"
Moa: "HAI! Now can you sense that?"

Yui: <hush! yes I can! I guess he spawned already. No talking now.>

We talked telepathically. And remained still to avoid being caught. Misty fog filled the area then--- blur*
We hid behind the "Welcome to Camp Crystal Lake" sign. Then, I howled to startle the foe that the star had for us.

"Awooooooooooooo" trying hard to sound very "wolf-ish"
We have been underestimated a couple of times... But no. My tactician-ness shall get us through this time. Wit is key. Ever since I saw that star speak I know that we're in this adventure to grow... And I am gonna display this. Me and Yui are working perfectly to do this!
<I see his silhouette... It seems like what you're doing is working.> Yui spoke telepathically.
*BLUR*
We moved to the nearest tree to him, but concealed ourselves still. I whispered.
"Why..." In a very cold voice...
"Do you want to win?" Yui followed suit. I left Yui where she is and teleported behind the man. I whispered in his left ear. "this is not a game"
I disappeared before he can even react, then Yui stepped in front of the man.
"Your enemy... Is not us..." Yui spoke in a very ghastly manner.
"The enemy is yourself!" I hissed.

And then we screamed... In a very ghoulish way... This is a version of Yui and Moa that nobody saw coming...

Just_an_average_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kitsune_squad:

Mud splays about as Elliot notices a gathering fog, his eyes beneath his mask squints. He saw blur as his eyes narrowed and he looked about, hearing the sound of moving something flowing through the air, followed immediately by a howl, somewhere near the entrance.

Then he heard a voice.

No Caption Provided

I've seen the horror movies.

This reminded him of a few previous fights. One with the demon known as "the puzzler" and one with some entity simply known as "Night." Night was invulnerable and could be knocked around. The Puzzler, Elliot, downed him in one hit. So things aren't what they appear. Still, this thing seemed like a ghost and he didn't know if he could touch or hurt it.

The thought of this did bring fear to him, but Elliot also knew of something called "Bravery." Not fearlessness, Bravery. It meant that he did indeed feel fear, like most other rational human beings, however, he knew how to control that fear, he knew how control himself and his emotions. To stop them from blinding him. There was no point in him letting this thing get to him, whatever it was, even if it is intangible. Either he can kill it or he can't.

All there is to do now is test it, and hope.

The first thing he did was put his gun away on his back.

He ignored most all of what they said, dismissing it as some sort of psychological ploy. But he still was alert, because he had no idea of what entity he was facing, as for all he knew, it could be anything. Anything was possible anyway. His eyes caught a blur, slowly following it, his alertness and adrenaline caused by his fear to briefly make out the blur to be a girl of some kind. And then the two appear.

F**k F**k F**k F**k

Normally he would be adverse to harming children or things that appear to be children due to his nature as a kind person, at heart. However, these screaming demonic things seemed to be neither actual children nor human. And thus, all rational thought left Elliot and he didn't think or hesitated. He reacted.

He held is hands up to the girls and fire erupted from them, specificially from devices under his wrists, as if he was a wizard. He sought to test their durability as he incinerated essentially everything in front of his with steel melting napalm for around 50 feet. Then, he aimed all around himself, setting everything around him on fire as the 2,200 F degree flame spread, and rapidly.

Elliot himself wasn't harmed by the fires however, due to his suit protecting him from temperatures way beyond this. His coat preventing anything he was holding from detonating.

"Like I'm gonna let some paranormal activity knock off get the better a me...."

The banter helped you keep yourself in check. A little humor had it's own power. He strode through the forest now, trees around him slowly burning and falling apart.

Kitsune_Squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My plan seems to be working fine. Real fine. heh heh heh~ I hear the man cursing under his breath then! FLAMES! he literally fired at us!

"Like I'm gonna let some paranormal activity knock off get the better a me...."

Yui with the ability of infinite invulnerability managed to go unharmed, with her arms crossed, I hid behind my partner.
To someone who does not know who the "BLACK KITSUNE-SQUAD" are, we just look the same. Yui and Moa. We are like one. But this time, I'll have this guy who's seeing double see quadruple...
*blur*
<Yui! laugh maniacally!>

and so Yui did! receiving the flames with open arms, Yui laughed like a witch! And hopefully it added to the fear I wanted to sow into the mind of our foe. Ha! That rhymed. I am beside the man, he probably did noticed. At your left side? Wait, no i'm not there. In a blur I'm at you're right--- but not for the next second. Wait. Where am I? Where am I Soldier boy? Ooooh! Now yo're seeing four figures of myself just dancing around... Is your finger still on the trigger? Where am I? Oh, the maniacal laughter is still there isn't it? Wait. I'm gone...

"BOO!" right behind you sucker. Wait, wait wait... hahaha! Are you startled? These internal monologues...
Too much happening, like a million things per two minutes... I'm gone, but I am back again... Now where's Yui at? Oh right! She's right in front of you soldier boy!
PUNCH! A straight jab! But even before it connects:

No Caption Provided

A sweet sweet kick from me to you...
But hey. I'm gone again. Where am I?
Now where's Yui? Before you can even react, we've hidden behind a tree, about ten yards away from you soldier boy. Goodluck in finding us...

"THINK FAST SOLDIER BOY!!!"

Just_an_average_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kitsune_squad:

(Italics is thinking)

Can't be losin' my sh**. Breath Elliot. Breath.

He stopped consciously thinking now, more trying to think of the flow of the fight, while more or less, being analytical of his opponents. After he stopped firing, he'd seen that opponent had tanked his attack. Nothing too serious. He himself was walking around in a ring of fire, so it would take more than that to intimidate him further.

He'd also noticed his opponent's other "twin" had hid behind her. Indicating that she was indeed afraid of the fire, not wishing to tank it herself. However, fortunately for Elliot, he was using napalm on his target. This meant that it would very easily stick to her and he could use that to obscure her vision. The girl was clearly not flammable, but Napalm was capable sitting contently on water. It didn't need to burn her to stick to her.

And then his eyes followed the twin, as she attempted to speed blitz.....no wait. She was appearantly trying to confuse him instead. Actually give him a chance, even taking a moment to stop and say "boo" behind him. Elliot, being able to think clearly in situations like this was able to very well react to her, throwing down a smoke bomb as he then disappeared from the two.

Phew....

He as able to dodge both hits as well as get a gauge of how fast they both were. A lot of people would not be able to adequately see them, but Elliot could see then when they moved at bullet like speeds because they were much larger than a bullet. He probably would have gotten hit if they had both hit him immediately, instead of trying to confuse him.

Thinking clearer now, Elliot could tell there was something up, so as he left the ring of fire, he activated his thermals and saw the two, hiding in a tree not too far away. One of them being literally on fire, not too hard to spot.

There was crack in the air, not soon after, the crack of a Thermobaric 120mm Panzerfaust-3 Rocket being fired accurately right at their position, traveling at 257 miles per hour, headed straight for the middle of the two twins. What would follow suit was a catastrophic building destroying explosion that ripped the surrounding trees apart and engulfed the area in even more fire, the detonation having no shrapnel at all but having immense blast wave waves, giving the thing a radius of around a hundred feet. The blast momentarily sucked oxygen away and killed practically anything near the area, except for them most likely. If they took the full brunt fo the hit, Elliot figured they would get blown back by the immense force of the explosion, with it hitting with a few hundred tons, he'd expect it to send them flying away at high speeds if it actually blew up near them, and hopefully split them apart.

Elliot lowered the launcher now, remaining at the ready.

"Boo."