KOV: Ambush in the Arcade (Nox v. Arceus Aurelius-Rex)

Avatar image for arceus_aurelius-rex
Arceus_Aurelius-Rex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@_nox_:

The cacophony of sounds was deafening. There were the booming sounds of gunshots, of helicopter rotors slicing through the air, the whirring of jet engines reaching full thrust, engines straining to race their way past their opponents, and loud Japanese pop music set to the footfalls of an overweight teenage boy. The sweltering air smelled of sweat and pepperoni pizza as children raced from arcade machine to arcade machine, taking occasional pauses to fuel up on soda and cheese. Arceus didn't have to wonder long at where he was. It was an arcade, and a well stocked one at that.

As much as Arceus loved a good game of Space Invaders he had neither the time nor the quarters to make use of the machines, so he set about searching for his opponent rather dawdle in the gaming room. He began his trek through the arcade, wondering just what his opponent might look like. There were quite a few distinctive looking opponents in the tournament: the armored killing machine, the guy in the giant fireproof suit, the other armored killing machine. They'd be easy enough to spot in a crowd, but if he got one of the more normal looking contenders it could take forever just to get the fight started.

Forget it, might as well have a little fun while I'm here.

Setting his rifle down between a couple of the gaming cabinets Arceus made change for one of the dollars he carried and set the quarters down by one of the old Street Fighting games. Popping a quarter into the machine and reaching the character select screen, with his rifle hidden an a decent cover Arceus kept his eyes and ears open for the approach of his foe, and if he didn't show up at least he'd have something to do.

Guess I'll choose the crazy orange haired green guy. Let's do this Blanker.

_Nox_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

he place smells like what Wonderland probably smelled like. Candy and popcorn. Why the hell did I accept my invitation into this stupid tournament again? I already had a chance to make three wishes and I did not care back then. Mark begins looking around for the arcade for his opponent A place like this would hell to fight on for him, all the sounds and distractions.

Finally he spotted him, looked about as average as you can get except he had a rifle at the side of his machine. Isn't he Mr. Inauspicious? He doesn't look much older than I am. Fighting Orpheus was easy in the sense that I didn't care about punching him in the face. I don't want to fight heroes and I doubt a super-villain would be playing street fighter instead of looking for me.
The Cardinal Mamba broke a five dollar bill into change. I can't believe I'm actually doing this when I could just attack him while he has his back turned. He placed two coins into the same machine as his opponent was selecting the character and said. "I'll make you a deal, whoever wins advances." He extended his hand hoping to legitimize the deal

Whimsically he chose Ryu with utter confidence in his video game skills after long night playing with Felix on their Z-Station. He even let his opponent choose the stage out of courtesy and arrogance. His fingers were attentively pressed against the joystick like a prostitute. His fingers tenderly over the buttons waiting for the match to begin.

ROUND 1

FIGHT!

Avatar image for arceus_aurelius-rex
Arceus_Aurelius-Rex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@_nox_: "You read my mind kid. No point in clearing out this whole place just to fight when we can---"

Ryu. He chose Ryu. The cheap piece of..

No. It's fine. I just have to exploit the delay on the hadouken. Blanka is a rarely played character, and if I'm lucky he won't have formulated too many counter strategies against him. If I jump just as he launches it I have a few frames where he's forced to recover, unable to follow up with the shoryuken, and if I can attack during that one window...

No Caption Provided

It's stunlock to victory... Blanka's attack range and speed are top notch, and the damage from his heavy attacks is astronomical. The only downside of course is his lack of a projectile, but if I can close the distance and time it correctly, it's a surefire win.

Still, that's a pretty big if.

"Alright kid, I choose Ryu's stage. It's always been the best in terms of visual appeal, and the music's pretty good, from what I remember." As the match began, Arceus figured he might as well make a bit of small talk. It never hurt to distract an opponent with a question or two just as they were starting a game. "So, what'd you join up for anyway? We're all fighting over a single wish, so what's yours gonna be?"

As soon as the match began Arceus led off with a quick beast roll, balling up the fuzzy green and orange wildman and launching him at his foe. The move was surprisingly fast, having less startup frames than even the ever vaunted hadouken, so it made for a decent starter move, providing the opponent didn't simply block it. From there it would turn into a game of digital chess. The ideal would be a quick knockout with the stunlock aerial combo, but against Ryu and his uppercut, it seemed doubtful. He'd have to mix it up some in order to stand a chance here.