Koeil vs Akwa. What Lies Beneath

Koeil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Koeil

The swamps of New Orleans is something I take great joy in being around. The fact that the life within it speak to me is only the tip of the iceberg in appreciation an love I have for it. And When someone invades my home I find it necessary for myself to either persuade them to leave or force them....I enjoying the forcing option more.

The man appeared from the waters as if shaping himself from it, looking around he looked to be wandering the swamps rather than looking for anything. His body composed of water he was still connected to it and as if sensed my pressence the moment my foot touched the swamp water, he cocked his head as if listening for me. I pulled my foot back and leaped into the trees swinging off branches until I was above him. Cocking my own head at the sight of him I wondered what he was doing in a place like this. Sheer curiosity wouldnt have brought him all the way out to New Orleans he had to have an agenda for being here and I was to pull it out of him reasonably or other wise.

Leaping down my feet splashed and he turned towards he with a look of confusion on his face, not expecting me to be here. My curiousity towards him was seeping into the crocs in the water as they began to surround us glaring a the new man, the invader in their swamp. Palming the air signalling for them to stop and they shrank backwards into the swamp but not entirely out of site. I swung the staff in my right hand to behind me an attached it to its "holster" showing no aggression at the moment I asked

"What are you doing here? This is my home." Cars whizzed by off in the distance, this part of the swamp was quite close to civilization.

Akwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Akwa

New Orleans...

City of a thousand swamprats. Akwa wasn't exactly sure why he was here. He had needed time away from the hustle of New York. That, and he was wanted by the Federal Police for certain crimes against humanity that were not worth mentioning at this time. He had managed to evade them for the time being by slipping into the cesspit that was New Orleans.

Akwa hated New Orleans. However, it was the only current place to hide out in. He had gone into liquid form to evade any possible pursuers and had slipped into the swamps completely undetected. After a time, he rose out of the water, still in his liquid form. If there was any hostiles here, keeping liquid would help facilitate an effortless escape. But there were no hostiles here. Only a few lounging crocodiles and they were no threat.

///The man appeared from the waters....composed of...connected///

He jerked his head around as his water sense picked up the thoughts of someone nearby. Moments later, the thoughts faded. Whoever it was had just touched water momentarily. In another case, he might've thought that it was just co-incidence, someone walking on the other side of the swamp.
Except that it was clear from the thoughts he picked up that the person was watching him. He looked around suspiciously but then jumped as a scruffy looking, young man jumped out of the trees and into the swamp. He tensed, thinking it an attack but relaxed as the man, practically a boy really, made no threatening moves. From what he could glean from his Water Sense, his possible adversary was only curious and nothing more. He also picked up a name. Koeil. Odd name really, but who was he to judge?

The man signalled and the crocodiles backed down. Akwa hadn't even noticed them closing in on him.

"What are you doing here? This is my home."

"Really? You live in a swamp? I mean, don't get me wrong Koeil, the decor is fantastic. It's just that it seems to lack...well everything. It's just a swamp." Akwa turned back from liquid form and into human form as he continued. "What am I doing here? That's a good question, and one that I shall not answer."

He had no real reason for not telling the kid. He just felt like pissing him off. But then he paused. If the police were to come by this way with his description...
The kid would tell them everything. He had been planning to hide out in this swamp for a while but if the kid tells the police and they come here. They'll have power displacement fields with them this time. He wouldn't be able to get away.

There was but one way out of it, despicable as it may seem. Get rid of the kid, the only witness to you being here. Slowly, hoping the kid didn't notice it, he began to slowly inch his way forward towards him.

Just snap his neck. Nice and quick.

Koeil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Koeil
The man made of watered talked with a sneaky almost snakeish voice, he wanted out of the current situation I could tell that but he didnt know how to without conflict. His subtle body movements kept signalling he was preparing for something quick but he kept moving closer an closer.

"Akwa....you say you are not going to give me an answer but your body...its given it for you." Looking quickly above him the trees were soon being cluttered with reptiles. Lizards and Snakes almost hang off wanting to reach out and snatch the man up. But nothing they would do would stop or stall him, all I needed if he attacked was a distraction. And then he moved quickly after moving slowly for so long his body telling me he was in for a death blow. Leaping backwards my back is pinned against a tree, and I smile as I snap my fingers and raise my hand which now was glowing. I slam my hand down onto the ground and a bubble of energy surrounds me, then I scream out " Alright boys suppa time." The sky literally rains down on him as the creatures of the swamp come down at him. I leap backwards clinging to the tree I pull the staff from off my back and twist splitting it into two sections, a long blade comes off each end of the parts and I slam it into the tree and step onto it using it to boost up into the trees.

As I make it to the top of the trees I extend my arm and grab the staff and it slaps back into my hand, that subtle force against my hand allows for me to create a small bit of energy. Churning it into my hands I run across the tree tops above Akwa firing blast after blast, each time I fire I slap my chest giving myself more energy to manipulate.The water around him splashes an bursts as the energy slams into the ground, I knew the blasts were not sufficient to do great damage  but I needed a good source of kinetic force. As I ran atop the trees I headed towards the freeway I wondered how fast he would have made it to the same location.

Coming to the freeway I looked back an heard nothing which added a bit of terror to my senses, but that was also exciting someone wanting to kill me was always more fun than fighting the training dummys at home. I leaped down into the freeway, quickly making myself ten times larger in mass I am a immovable mass of fat and a large semi slams into me. The force initially almost knocks me out but the changing the force of the impact into power brings me back into the world, as I return to normalcy my body normal size. My arms begin to glow a bright pink as the energy surges trying to find a way out. I turn around looking for Akwa but he is no where to be seen, and if he does show himself I have enough energy now to last me a half an hour before another jolt.
Akwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Akwa

The man seems strangely confident. The fact that a man had appeared out of the water nearby didn't seem to faze him much. This only cemented the growing suspicion in my mind. This fellow wasn't normal. Normalcy didn't matter however, not when that person was about to die.

"Akwa....you say you are not going to give me an answer but your body...its given it for you."

He knows! With that thought, I lunged forward. My adversary jumped back and smiled as he snapped his fingers. His fingers, his hand, was glowing. I stopped momentarily. I'd encountered someone using that kind of energy before. It was one of the reasons why I didn't like New Orleans. The man slammed his hand into the ground sending a blinding bubble of energy up around him.

I stepped back wary of what might happen next. I was expecting him to attempt to zap me with a kinetic blast or something. Hell, after my last encounter with someone using that power, I wouldn't been surprised if he pulled out a deck of cards. That was what I had been expecting. So what happened next caught me completely off my guard.

"Alright boys suppa time."

And with that, a huge mass of swamp creatures seemingly fell from the sky and attacked me. A veritable rain of crocodiles and lizards. I lost track of Koeil as I fight off the swarm. A croc jumps at me, I catch it and hurl it against the ground, breaking it's spine. A snake manages to curl itself around my neck before I rip if off. Another croc slips past my guard and buries it's jaws in stomach.

Damn. That was my good shirt. I grab it by it's jaws and rip it in half as it attempts to pin me down. A huge mass of lizards start crawling up my legs and torso, going into biting frenzies as they rip my flesh into shreds. At this point, I gain enough concentration to go into liquid form.

The creatures are then left attempting to rip apart a person made of water which doesn't go so well. Stomping my foot in anger, I flash freeze all the water in the swamp, leaving the things as beautiful, delicate and above all, dead ice sculptures.  I turn back into human form with the full intention of ripping the little bastard in half.

Only to find that he had made his escape.  Damn it! That little...SWAMPRAT!! After calming down, I simply decided to use telepathy to find the little fink. There! I couldn't read his thoughts as he wasn't touching water but I could sense him and I knew where he was. It was time for the stealthy approach.

Changing back into liquid form, I walked past the radius of the ice blast I had produced and slipped into an unfrozen area of swamp. In there, I was undectable from normal water. Only a telepath would realise that one patch of water was sentient. I soon came to the end of the swamp, the freeway was nearby.

I left the swamp, still in liquid form. Quickly before anyone notices, I burst into thousands of tiny droplets. Each droplet started slowly making it's way through the grass. To any casual observer they would just appear to be drops of dew on the grass stems.They would have to look hard to see that drops are moving.

I quickly catch sight of the Rat. He's glowing. That's a bad sign. The time to act is now. The droplets all launch themself into the air, creating a mist around Koeil. It quickly condenses until I appear fully formed behind the swamprat.

"Hiya, chum." With those words I launch my attack. I know that he absorbs kinetic energy but there must be a limit to how much he can take. And by the looks of things he's got a lot of it in him already. It should prove easy to overload him.

With this as my plan, I launch a punch at the swampdweller with all the force of a semi-trailer going at 100mp/h. I follow this up with a few more jabs and a sweeping kick to his legs. I then quickly jump back, just in case he absorbs all the energy and then tries to blast me with it.

Koeil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Koeil

The world almost seems as its moving in slow motion, the power waiting to be released gives me the feeling of omnipotence that I know I do not have. But still the feeling of moving at speeds known to only Omegas still is invigorating. But this feeling is only from absorbing a inorganic kinetic form, just to think what would happen if I absorbed his attacks energy that would be....almost orgasmic. As I wait for him the roads continue to clutter with cars and they honk at me in the middle of the road, but their sounds no longer register in my ears as Ive blocked them. Concentrating on the insects an animals in the area, they continue telling me that he is no where to be seen they cant even feel him anymore. As I stand my hands out palming the air reading the animals a man screams at me with vulgar words. The semi truck that hit me still steaming in front of my I extend my arm and my hand grows almost thirty feet wide as I pick the truck up and look at the man who was speaking to me in such rude ways "Please sir...shut the hell up." And his eyes widen as I drop the truck onto his. The back of the semi falls off as I drop it and only the actual truck part of the semi falls down onto the car. Crushing it into a pancake, I look around watching the man who escaped by a hair trembles with fear. I reach around tapping him getting his attention "Now unless you feel the need to continue to irritate me, get yourself and the rest of the people on the road out of here. I have no qualms killing those things that irritate me, but id rather not so?" but the time I finished he had left an the rest of the people bolt with him.

The roads are silent as the grass blow in the winds, the animals are even silent given the order to keep quiet. But soon I hear a chirp from a grass hopper as it signals something is moving at quick speeds, I have no time to react to the punch as it slams into my chest at full force. My body trembles as the punch sends me flying backwards into the fallen truck an straight through it into the cars behind it. I shake my head looking up as he speeds forward towards me, My body aches but nothing broken the greatest asset to kinetic absorbtion is ability to manipulate it into muscle mass. That punch would have crushed my ribcage into dust if it hadnt augmented my muscles, I can feel the remaining power slowly dwindling within my body. He thrusts his fists towards me in attempt at landing jabs but I breath in making my body slimmer avoiding the contact, using my mass to my advantage as he sweeps his leg around it only connects with large legs. I smile as his leg slams into mine, and my fist grows in size as I slam it down hoping to crush him before kicking backwards off the ground and doing a back flip. As I flip onto my feet I launch a blast of energy at him hoping to take his footing away from him as I burst forward launching my fists aiming at his ribcage.

Akwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Akwa

The punch connects soundly, knocking the Swamprat right through a semi-trailer and into an abandoned car. I didn't pause to wonder why the cars were abandoned. I saw Koeil move. He's still alive. Time to end that.

I run towards him and jab at him, attempting to finish the job but just when I thought I had him, his chest seemed to deflate causing my punches to miss by an inch. Damn. I've heard about radical weight loss treatments but this was just too much! My sweeping kick to his legs doesn't trip him up as I though it would. I don't bother looking down to find out why because the bastard has picked this time to go on the counter-attack.

He grins as his fist grows to a ridicolously large size. Well, you don't see that every day. I had no time for my usual witty comment as the fist slammed down towards me, no doubt attempting to smash me like a bug. Reflexively, I throw my arms up and block the incoming punch. I wince as I feel the telltale crack! as one of my bones snaps under the pressure. I force the fist back easily. This rat is strong, but not as strong as I am.

He must've realised this because he jumps away in a backflip to put a little distance between us. My broken bones knit together as I turn to face him. A burst of pink energy flies from his fingers and slams into my chest, knocking me off my feet. I struggle to get up as he leaps at me in a flurry of punches.

I quickly liquify into a puddle of water, leaving his punches to slam harmlessly into the ground. I form into a gust of steam that blows over to the side of the road and then reform back into my usual self. I eye the Swamprat off as I contemplate my next move. What I see nearly makes me burst out laughing. He may still seem powerful but to my trained eye, I can note that the aura of bright pink energy surrounding him is much diminished from what it used to be. He was running out of energy fast and I hadn't even used all my tricks yet.

I sneer at him. " You're weak. Look at you, you've lost the majority of your energy and all we've done so far is engage in a little bit of light fisticuffs. Pathetic. Truly Pathetic. It's been fun while it lasted but I'm afraid that this little charade that you call a fight is drawing to close."

With those words, I lean over and pick up an abandoned car. I grin for a moment before slamming the car down upon him like a giant hammer crushing some insignificant insect.  I slam the automobile down several times with incredible force. I keep doing it until the car is little more than scrap metal.

"Let's see you shrug that one off rat," I snarl before turning my back on him contempusly and start to walk away. I didn't bother to check to see if Koeil was dead. I doubted he could've survive that.