Journey into Peril (RPG)

Andras_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The train was bound towards the SEE of London, the passengers of the train were few, and far in between. A young woman and man, have gotten on the train together from London. Their destination: The Bleans, which offered a great environment for the task at hand, which would require great solitude and silence. The man was sitting beside the woman, wearing his signature dark coat, with the red interior, and a hood that hanged behind his head. The coat hid weapons inside, a signature sword, and dual guns.

Despite getting on the train a while back, the pair had still not reached The Bleans, giving them time to talk about relevant things which concerned what may be coming up ahead, and just getting to know each other. "Thanks for being patient with me, although the pillow throwing was a little too much" Andras chuckled as he remembered his awakening from a deep slumber this morning. "So, you excited? To try out your abilities without restraint?" he looked over to Raiiyn, awaiting her answer.

Raiiyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Raiiyn
No Caption Provided

Raiiyn sat with legs crossed next to the window. Her long, curly pink hair was clipped back to the right, the mass of it falling over to spill to the right. Her fringe fell across her left eye and a leather braided headband adorned her forehead. She wore a loose, long, black t-shirt that exposed her colourful arm tattoos with faux black leather and cotton-spandex tights covered with diagonal slits down the leg, showing hints of further artwork on her legs, and her alodie docs. Her black leather bomber jacket and light grey hoodie inside, lay across her lap while her vintage, black, suede knapsack sat full at her feet. Turning to Andras, she chuckled. "Well, I think the gentle pillow to the face was nicer than getting water dumped on you. You are kind of hard to wake up in the morning. And yea, I'm excited. I made sure to bring a change of pants in case I sprout a tail." She gave him a bright smile, her turquoise eyes shining in the morning sunlight. "In all honesty though, Im a tad nervous. Not sure what to expect really." She folded her hands over her jacket and looked down at them before speaking again. "I mean, what if I can't do anything? Or I actually manage to do something and it doesn't exactly go right? So I guess while I'm excited, I'm also a bit scared. The closer we get to our destination and actually starting this, the more real it all seems to become. The more I wonder if I'm capable." Digging her nails into her hands slightly, she voiced her concerns, surprising herself. Far too quickly it had become easy to share her thoughts and worries with someone who by all rights was a stranger, though it did not feel like it. "And in the back of my mind I wonder if any other demons will come after us here." She said, furrowing her brow with concern.

Andras_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Demons. Andras knew there was always the risk of being jumped on by a squad of demons so long as they were using their powers. "Hoping for the best then. You asked me what sort of Demon I was, earlier" Andras was referring to the previous night in Raiiyns' apartment, where she asked him the question."Not exactly a demon though, like I said, Nephilim, i've got the best of two worlds" he had preferred to demonstrate his powers, but he didn't want to recreate the events of last night. "Besides having the usual speed, strength, stamina and all those base powers, I have very specific ones as well, like the ability to heal myself and others. I guess you could say that comes from my angelic side" he thought it sounded funny, he wasn't a saint, but he possessed powers which were characteristic of angels. "Teleportation, to a certain extent of a hundred meters" he began thinking, "I guess I have an extrasensory perception, a sort of psychic sense, allows me to 'know' things without any firsthand knowledge. Helped point out the demons when they came on the train. Telekinesis, the ability to move matter with your mind, possession, only for the weakened or willing, and empathy, to gain insight into others emotions" he took a can of pepsi which he'd just previously bought, and opened it, taking a drink. "My powers are still in an amateur stage, not like my father or mother, who've both mastered the powers of their respective races. Nephilim always surpass their parents, because they have a combination of both their powers. Only catch is, and i'm not sure if i've told you before, but Nephilim are frowned upon, persecution and everything, much like mutants here." his mind drifted to the demon world, and his few visits to the angel world. "My father is a demon, of very high rank and prestige in the demon world. His influence is really the only reason our family is protected" his light blue eyes looked over to Raiiyn, and then past her, towards the landscape through the train window. "Lucky for you, demon-witch hybrids, while not exactly very popular or liked in the demon world, don't face persecution to the extent that nephilim do, they're not usually killed for example, but they do face some racism"

Raiiyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Raiiyn looked up at Andras, nodding her head at his words about being careful. "I guess half-breeds aren't very regular then?" She asked, uncrossing her legs to stretch them out in front of her. "That's still quite a little arsenal of powers there, and you say that's amateur huh? Guess that means you'll be pretty damn strong one day. And does that mean you have prestige too then? Family name and all that? Do they really kill half-breeds? Both sides?" She noted his gaze and couldn't even imagine what growing up like that must have been like. Not really a part of either world, disliked, hated even by either side and tolerated based on a family name...

He's had it rough. And I thought I had it bad...

His words made her pensive, considering what the demon world must be like. Andras must have been through a lot.

Andras_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"No... no they're not" Andras put his drink down, "You'll be pretty strong one day too, your powers just sprouted late, which means they'll take getting used to" Andras noted they had almost arrived at their destination, where they would walk to The Bleans. "Well, not exactly, the family name is prestigious, i'm not" he chuckled, "I have two brothers, you know, Alastor and Astaroth. That makes us a family of five, we haven't been in the same room for years though" he explained. "The demon world enforces their rules much harshly, and while the government doesn't currently execute Nephilim, hearing of Nephilim deaths in the street is not uncommon, we're difficult to kill, but strength in numbers" he frowned, but quickly regained his composure, refusing to even appear sad, nostalgic, or any emotion which would appear weak. "In the Angelic world, we're banned, not allowed to enter, but that's the only restriction. If a nephilim somehow got in, he would be forcefully removed, and his wounds will only depend on how much he resists. Better to be exiled than hated." his eyes seemed distant, and his mind seemed to be in thought, or remembrance.

He turned to face Raiiyn, who was now in thought. Perhaps he'd said too much, gave her the impression things will never get better for her because they didn't for him. "Lucky you're not a nephilim, hey?" he nudged her, smiling, his eyes now focused on his current resolve, improving Raiiyn's future.

Raiiyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The train came to a halt as they arrived at the closest station to their destination. "Kind of weird to think of myself like that. And brothers huh? How long have you been gone from the demon world?" She chuckled as he smiled at her. "I suppose so." She said as she stood, putting her sweater and jacket on and throwing her knapsack over her right shoulder. "The demon world definitely sounds like a harsh place." She felt a bit uneasy as she thought about his circumstances, thinking that her own paled in comparison to his. She hadn't had to deal with any persecution, judgement or ostracizing, just lacked answers. She smiled brightly at him, hoping to lighten the mood and not wanting him to dwell on the difficulties he faced. "Well senpai, looks like we're not far from the Bleans now. And you can show off just how badass you really are."

Andras_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Raiiyn's smile did much to lighten the mood, "senpai huh? That'll take getting used to" he stood up, taking a backpack from the compartment above him, hoisting it over his shoulder. He began walking to the exit doors of the train, The Bleans were so close, and the closer they got, the more nervous Andras became. Not usually nervous. he exited the train with Raiiyn close behind him. Just hope I do a good job on this. "I don't need abilities to be badass, I do it all myself" he smiled, looking lost for a brief moment, and then opening his backpack to remove a map. "I'm not good with directions, pardon me" he unfolded it, turning it the right way up. The map was of the local area, The Bleans were nearby, but Andras didn't seem to know the proper way. "Perhaps you'll have more luck?" he offered the map to her, his eyes scanning the area for any hints towards where they should go, but finding none as the train departed behind them.

Raiiyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Smiling, Raiiyn leaned over to look at the map. "Well, you are technically my senior in this whole thing and teaching me." She located the rail station on the map with a finger as her eyes searched for the woods they had decided upon. "And of course you do. You're the definition of badass." She chuckled. "North northeast." She said, trailing her finger along the map to their destination. "That's where the woods are. Platform faces north so we just need to go a bit to the right. Shouldn't be too long, hopefully, before we enter the woods." She struck off from the platform, her cheeks flushed with excitement at the prospect of seeing what being a demon was all about. Turning about and walking backwards, she faced Andras. "Now let's see how your badassery rubs off on me."

Andras_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Andras_

"Right, let's hope it does" he put his backpack over his right shoulder once more, and began heading towards The Bleans. "How's it feel, to leave London?" he asked, as they walked towards their destination, soon it appeared in their sights, a majestic forest from the outside, which they would soon train in.

Raiiyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Liberating actually. For the first time in a long time I'm doing something interesting, something for me. Plus, there's something about getting out of the city... the air, the trees..." Taking in a deep breath and closing her eyes, she smiled. "It's almost as though my body is humming with life." Turning her smile to him, she asked. "Where have you spent most of your time in this world?" The trees loomed overhead as they approached the entrance to the different walks within the Blean. She headed off towards one, looking for a good place to get off the beaten path.

Andras_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Little bit of everywhere really, travelling all over the place. Seen everything, but haven't really stopped to enjoy the scenery, just drifted from place to place with no purpose" he explained, taking in the aroma of the surrounding forest. "London's one of my favourites though," he showed her the left sleeve of his coat, where the union jack flag was stitched. Together they trailed the path towards the most desolate part of the forest they could find. The backpack on his back felt heavier as they began to get closer to their destination.

Raiiyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"That sounds interesting though. Seeing the world like that. I might do that I think, once I get a handle of things." She smiled. "Fond of London, are we?" She said as they entered a grove of sorts inside the dense forest. She slowed her pace, turning in a slow circle and took in the scene. Large, mature oak trees surrounded them with spring flowers dispersed among them and along the bright green grass. "It's sort of beautiful, isn't it?" She said, taking a step further into the enclave and dropping her bag.

Andras_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Andras_

"This is the place" Andras turned around as he looked at the trees, much like Raiiyn did. Finally he stopped "it's perfect" he took his backpack of his shoulder, laying it on the grass. "So I guess this is where it starts..." he turned around to look at Raiiyn "Demon powers can vary, discovering which ones you have can take weeks, or years. Some demons never do figure out all their powers, because some powers are rare, and are discovered only by unlikely accidents. But that's how most powers manifest, accident, and from then on, it's practice to hone them" he lowered his hand to the earth, and took a handful of grass, raising it higher. "focus, will and repetition nurture growth of powers. Practice is a matter of the mind than of the body" he sounded zen as he spoke, relaying what he could remember of what his parents had taught him. "Block out everything else, and focus on the matter at hand. That's what you did when you knocked over that bin near your apartment, right?" he still held the grass, elevated slightly above his head. "In the beginning, your mind uses more effort usually to perform simple actions, as time goes on, minimal effort is required for even greater effect, however, since you are only beginning, i'll start by asking you to blank your mind, focus on nothing else. Make it an empty canvas" he paused "and then, make the grass in my hand the object of your focus, use your mind in the same way as you use a limb, will the grass to move" his grip opened, allowing the blades of grass to fly through the wind, ready for Raiiyn to test her telekinetic power.

Raiiyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Raiiyn turned at the sound of Andras's voice and watched him pick up the grass. Closing her eyes, she followed his instructions, clearing her mind. From darkness she envisioned the single blades of grass, thrust from Andras' hand into the air and willed them to move. She had no sense of direction though and in her enthusiasm, her thoughts became a jumbled mess of excitement and passion. Opening her eyes, she saw the blades burst into small little flames in the air, burning out and falling to ash on the ground. She laughed nervously and ran a hand through her thick, pink mane. "Umm, sorry 'bout that. Think I was little too excited."

Andras_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Good execution, wrong trick" Andras never smiled, Raiiyn needed the confidence "take your time, hard to train if you feel rushed to achieve" he took another handful of grass into his hand again "Maybe your emotions might have something to do with it. Perhaps anger, frustration, or urgency triggers your pyrokinesis. Perhaps will, and serene emotions trigger your telekinesis. With enough practice, you won't need to, but for right now, try focusing on the emotion that works best" he would've displayed his own developed telekinesis as an example, but he didn't want to put pressure on Raiiyn to develop as fast as him, or discourage her with the slow pace the telekinesis might develop. In an instant, he was back in his family estate, with his dad, and his two brothers watching in the side. Watching his father, Azazel, demonstrate some apex telekinesis as he simultaneously levitated several swords in the air, then dropping them down in front of his children. "You're too eager Andras, that's why you're not getting it" His father told him, not as patient as he was right now, "again" he practiced in his free time, moving the blades of grass slowly, and with every day he got better. "Remember, even if you can't see, or feel the grass move, usually it is. Telekinesis, even in its basic form, still accomplishes the desired effect, sometimes it's just too minuscule to notice" he hoped these words would help, since they didn't help him. His eagerness wanted him to see change quickly, sometimes leading him to neglect his training because it was 'going nowhere'.

Raiiyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Raiiyn wrapped her arms around her waist as he spoke. "Practice right. Zen myself out." Lowering her arms, she splayed her fingers in front of her, raising them as she took a deep breath and lowering them as let it all out. She repeated this process as she closed her eyes, clearing her mind once again.

Alright, Rai. Nothing to it. Just focus.

This time her mind visioned a single blade of grass, twirling in the air. "Did anything happen?" She asked, not wanting to open her eyes to disappointment.

Andras_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Andras_

"Open your eyes Raiiyn" Andras said, in amazement. In his hand he held a single blade of grass, a grin on his face. "You did it, this blade in particular." He handed the blade of grass to Raiiyn "there are two main factors which determine how difficult your telekinetic move will be to perform. Mass, and quantity" Andras walked over to his bag, unzipping it and retrieving a tennis ball. "A blade of grass is easy, it is very light, and you were concentrating on only one" he threw the ball in the air, catching it again. "Of course, there are other factors, like resistance, say an object is moving at a high speed, and you wanted to slow it down, you'd face resistance." he raised the tennis ball to face level. "If I throw this ball in the air" he did so, throwing it over his head, at a distance of about four metres above him "it'll fall back down" he watched as gravity passed the ball back to him, which he caught. "If you wanted to slow its descent, you'll encounter resistance, fairly small, but a lot for a beginner" he remembered practicing the same trick, eventually moving to heavier objects, which weighed several pounds. Eventually, he'd lifted a truck in the air. "That's what I’m going to do, I’m throwing this ball in the air Raiiyn, and I want you to try to slow it down, take as many tries as you would like, I’m just going to keep throwing it into the air, and you see what you can do" he raised lowered the ball back down "ready... go" he threw the ball into the air, and raised his palm ready to catch it. He would give Raiiyn as many tries as she desired, until some progress was made.

Raiiyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Raiiyn

Raiiyn grinned wide, overjoyed at the fact she actually accomplished something. She took the blade of grass between her thumb and forefinger, holding it in front of her face as Andras continued to speak. Her eyes were drawn to the movement of the tennis ball. "Right, gravity. I never really realized that being a demon means we get to break laws like gravity." She giggled, high off the tails of her success. She watched the ball go up and down as Andras threw it in the air over and over and tried to concentrate. Her eyes focused on the ball, her surroundings fading to nothing, all there was was the green blur of the moving ball. She squinted as she envisioned the ball slowing its pace, her breathing steady and deep. Her hands fell to her sides, tightening into a fist the more she concentrated. Yet still, the ball moved unfazed by her attempts to slow it. She sighed, releasing her fists and closing her eyes. "Yea, definitely not easy. Actually feel as though Im physically trying to move something." She twisted her mass of pink hair around her middle finger, an exasperated look on her face as she stared at the ball.

Just stop already!

Her mind shouted and the ball halted, a hair's breadth away from the palm of Andras' hand.

Andras_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Smiling, Andras moved his palm away from the ball, as it stayed in the air. "Someone's a quick learner" he hit the ball back onto the gass, disrupting Raiiyns' telepathy. "that's good" he grabbed it back from the ground. "Pyrokinesis, more specifically the power to induce flames in your case" he tossed the ball and up and down "you've set a leaf on fire, and that's impressive. Unfortunately, this is a forest, so we'll have to find a lake to practice that specific power" he pointed to a nearby lake. "Here, just down the path. As we walk, try practicing your telekinesis, might be harder to both walk and use your abilities at the same time, but you've got nothing to lose" he handed Raiiyn the ball, and began walking the path towards the lake, which would provide a safer place to practice Raiiyns' power to induce combustion.

Raiiyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Raiiyn smiled back at Andras and began tossing the ball back and forth in her hands as they walked. "Well, I think I have a pretty awesome teacher. You make sense of it all." She said, using her mind to try to move the ball from hand to hand. Failing to keep it going back and forth, she caught it as it almost fell between her hands. "Yea, fire's pretty dangerous in a place like this. I have a question though, you mentioned yesterday something about demon form. Do you have one? Would you consider showing me?" She asked inquisitively as she tried once again to keep the ball moving from hand to hand, this time having a bit more success.

Andras_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"No, my father's an awesome teacher, he taught me everything to do with demonic powers, as well as swordsmanship. I'm just relaying his information" he imagined what Azazel must be doing right now, probably dispatched by the demon government, on some official business nonsense. Demon form, he heard Raiiyn mention it, he hadn't accessed his demon form for a while, part of him toyed with the idea that it may've faded, although he knew there's no such thing as a Demon form completely fading. "Hey, now we don't want anyone walking in to a nephilim and a helpless little woman" he wanted to save his best tricks for last, leave Raiiyn wondering "I do have one, it looks like someone pumped me with a red glowstick, plus, my hair turns white. he smiled "Plus it's 'nephilim form', when I used the term 'demon form,' I was talking about you in particular. They mostly look the same, just the term that's different" he paused as they reached the lake"I don't think you can handle it yet" he leaned down, running his fingers through the water. "Alright, we'll use leaves I guess, they burn quickly, so less risk as well" he grabbed a few blades of grass, raising them to the air "focus on one only, try to replicate the same feelings and process you used when you burnt that first leave." he raised the blades of grass over the water, "i'm going to let go now, get ready" he gave Raiiyn time to compose herself, and then released his grip on the leaves, allowing them to fly freely over the water.

Raiiyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Raiiyn smarted at his words, not comfortable with the fact he didn't see how amazing he was being. "Relaying his message or not, it's still coming from you. You're still the one standing here and being patient with me. That's all you. So... take the compliment." She stopped near the bank of the lake, laughing at his remark about her being helpless. "You're right, that wouldn't be a pretty picture. Of course, we could always say that we're filming a movie." She looked away with an embarrassed look on her face. She was really curious at the difference between the forms and more than mildly curious about what he would like with white hair. "And handle, huh? Think it's going to scare me to bits and pieces?" She asked, a little agitated he thought she couldn't handle something after yesterday's events. Her eyes shot to the blades of grass, her mind seeing them burn as her eyes turned pitch black. All of the blades ignited in flames, falling to ash atop the water.

Andras_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Andras looked over to her, thinking it over in his head for a while "sorry, not good with taking those. Just don't want to let you down when you find out i'm not all that" he broke his gaze, taking the tennis ball from his backpack. "Hmm, more like overload you with awesomeness" he teased, mulling over the tennis ball for a while, he returned to Raiiyn "you really want to see it then?" he put the tennis ball back in his backpack. "Nephilim, and demon forms all look different, some look terrifying, like my fathers', and some make a little bit of difference, like mine. Either way, abilities are enhanced in the alternative form, allowing you to perform greater feats" he put the ball back in his backpack, willing to show Raiiyn his nephilim form now.