Joey Beckham Trial of Fate(Three Kings Event)

Below0Gaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Below0Gaming
No Caption Provided

The Candidate finds themselves in a hallway very similar to the throne room. The white on the walls and floors seems to accent the blue ceiling almost too well. At one end of the hall there is a wall and the other end is a doorway, however you cannot see what is on the other side. A mysterious voice can be hard but you cant seem to locate where it's coming from.

"Your fate and the fate of another intertwines, the threads of fate are made a knot. The trial ahead of you is the beginning to this knots removal. Take this and proceed through the door."

With that a card falls to the ground, it is blank on both sides yet it seems like you should take it.

@joey_destroyer_of_worlds:

Avatar image for joey_destroyer_of_worlds
Joey_Destroyer_of_Worlds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@below0gaming:

This tournament was a bunch of bologna. That much Joey could say for certain. He was a fan of magic, as he did after all have his very own 'mad wizard powers' but even after all of that he found the idea of all of a sudden being force-transported places by magical entities to be... well. Rude. Either way, he explored the room carefully as he listened to the mystery voice that followed him, hands placed in his pockets in a nonchalant manner.

JOSEPH, WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS LITTLE CONTEST? IT IS PITIFUL. I DEMAND WE LEAVE AT ONCE. I USED TO MAKE TRIALS THAT WOULD DEFY THE BORDERS OF REALITY ITSEL-

"Can it, Z. I'm focusing." The boy was not usually much of a thinker, but under the red hood he wore were eyes almost sparkling with ingenuity. He didn't get magic. Really, he didn't think anyone truly got magic. But he wanted to, and the only way he thought he truly could was by acquiring as much of it as he possibly could. And this... Trial, or whatever, was a key step in his journey. Turning around to where the card fell, he carefully walked over to the small piece of paper. Delicately he bent down and picked up the card, the piece of paper seeming to be nothing special.

"Huh... Nothin' special." Shrugging, he put it in his hood pocket and walked toward the door, opening it and walking through.

Below0Gaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Below0Gaming
No Caption Provided

@joey_destroyer_of_worlds: You find yourself in some sort of old city, in the middle of a furious lightning storm. However, the lightning all seems to be striking the same point, a giant pillar in the middle of the city. There are no people around yet everything seems to still be running.

Joey_Destroyer_of_Worlds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@below0gaming:

Joey looked around his immediate area curiously. God, magic is so bomb. Admiring the arcane works at hand, he started to walk through the streets of the abandoned city carefully. Nobody was there... But the lightning storms beckoned to him. Now jogging in the general direction of the storm, he finally approached it, the sheer impact of the lightning colliding on one specific spot.

Below0Gaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joey_destroyer_of_worlds: The lightning strikes stopped upon Joeys arrival, in their place sat an old man. He began to speak.

"You are the candidate they send me, one who doesn't even believe in the cause. God, why would they send some boy who already has been corrupted by the soul of a god. Either way I need a successor and you are here so lets commence the trial. Now I originally planned to play a game of cards with you but, now I have something better in mind. I want you to fight me. Prove that this whole thing is bologna and use the power of your escaped god to defeat me. If you can I will gladly name you my heir but, if you can't then I will posses your body and do this myself. I hope your ready to take on an old man."

No Caption Provided

Joey_Destroyer_of_Worlds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@below0gaming:

The old man was, by Joey's view, nothing special. However, this did not affect how the boy looked at the elder. He himself did not look like 'anything special'. The man spoke with obvious distaste, and somehow seemingly knew about the primordial being inside of him.

"I'm not one for fighting the elderly, but since a game of cards won't work out I guess I'll have to." Cracking his neck, the boy prepared to summon his magical lightning unto himself, and then in a quick burst a bolt struck him- coming down from the skies and colliding with the boy's chest. The glare from this incident would blind anyone from seeing what exactly happened, but when the smoke cleared a grown man stood where the boy had been.

"Make the first move, oldilocks."

Below0Gaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Below0Gaming

@joey_destroyer_of_worlds: The old man's entire body tensed up as he took hold of his sword. His knuckles grew white as he ripped the blade from its sheathe, releasing a blinding white light that engulfed both fighters. When the light cleared they were in an arena type location. Joey was at one end and the king was at the other. His appearance had changed as now the old man donned full armor as he sat atop a throne.

"Now let me show you what the power of a king does to a god."

With that he drove his blade into the ground and from the point of impact three lines of blades erupted from the ground heading straight for Joey. They came from the left, right, and front. After that the king drew his blade from the ground and swung creating a razor sharp gust of wind heading straight for the boy's head.

Joey_Destroyer_of_Worlds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@below0gaming:

HAHA, THIS MAN IS OLD ENOUGH TO BE EVENMY GRANDFATHER! SURELY WE CAN SMITE HIM JOSEPH.

"Yeah, I bet we can, Z, but sti-" The Champion of Magic was scolding the primordial god before a sudden flash of light appeared, blinding him temporarily. Rubbing his eyes in a slight daze, he looked around the coliseum, a new place that had suddenly appeared when the senior willed it to. Lightning coursing between his fingers, Joey prepared for whatever tricks this geezer had up his sleeve. It was obvious that he used magic... And wizardry of all sorts was of major interest to the boy-god.

The first attack came. The other man drove his blade into the ground, creating ripples through the Earth that headed straight towards him, the ground becoming heavily damaged and malformed from what it once was.

HE KNOWS NOT OF OUR CAPABILITIES.

Zeus' comment passed through Joey's mind like an earthquake. Swiftly taking to the skies, the deity smirked at the old man in sheer confidence, but did not expect the next blow. A torrent of wind that headed straight for him, sending him flying back because of his unpreparedness. Colliding into the wall opposite the elder, Beckham felt the air get knocked out of his lungs before finally it ceased, allowing him to crawl back to his feet.

THAT WAS PITIFUL, JOSEPH! FIGHT LIKE A REAL MAN, NOT SOME CHILD PLAYING GOD!

"I am a child playing god, @sshole." Joey muttered as he took to the skies again. Gathering up all the energy he could, he flew straight for the man, breaking the sound barrier almost as soon as he took off. Faster than the human eye could see he was there in front of him, delivering a quick series of blows before calling upon the lightning from above to strike the man in the metal suit. With luck it'd completely fry him, and grant him the magical prowess he was promised...

Below0Gaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joey_destroyer_of_worlds: Each blow bounced helplessly off of the armor. The lightning bolt struck down but the King came out unscathed. He raised hi shand and made the attempt to backhand Joey across the room.

Joey_Destroyer_of_Worlds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@below0gaming:

"Damn it!" Joey yelled as he zoomed away in evasion, the wind from the King's blow whistling near millimeters from his face. If he had been any slower, the boy feared that he'd now be missing a few teeth... Luckily, he was fast enough. The guy he faced was strong. And could definitely take a punch. But Beckham couldn't let his more belligerent form gain control. That would very well be the last freedom he could ever receive.

Now, he leaped over to where the King was, landing on the ground and squatting down before launching himself upward in an attempt to throw his arms around the bigger man, carrying him up into the skies. If he could get up into the heart of the storm, he just might be able to create enough electrical energy to break through the armor.

Below0Gaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Please, if this is all you can do your never going to be a king."

The king drove his sword into the ground once more creating a wall of blades around himself. As Joey came close he sent them forward causing around 30 blades to go straight for joey from the front and both sides.

Joey_Destroyer_of_Worlds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@below0gaming:

"Ah-" Joey yelled out as the swords appeared, fleeing in all directions, including towards him. Raising his hands to avoid any extremities, he felt the blades woosh past him, a few even slicing the sides of his abdomen and tearing through the costume and skin underneath.

Any blades that wouldn't have just glanced off of him he caught, and hastily threw back at the King. The boy was running out of options, and felt Zeus' primal source of power in the back of his mind... It was risky, but he might have need to utilize the gods potential. For now he merely flew after the King again, this time zooming around to the back and targeting any where there might be chinks in the armor, like behind the knee or neck, in a lightning fast series of blows.

Below0Gaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Have fun punching through my throne boy"

The king said as the blades pinged off of his armor.

"Don't you realize it yet, you stand no chance of defeating me. My weapons and armor are designed to fight off the beings you know as gods. You embraced his power and now you must pay the price of accepting his ideals. If you still want to fight then I make no promises that you won't die. Talk to the god you hold inside you about his past, I'll let you come to your own conclusions."

With that the King reformed his wall of blades as he waited for the boy's decision.

Joey_Destroyer_of_Worlds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@below0gaming:

HE IS CORRECT, JOSEPH. EVEN AT MY FULL POWER, I COULD ONLY STAND A SLIM CHANCE AT ACTUALLY DEFEATING HIM, AS MUCH AS IT PAINS ME TO SAY IT.

"So... If I can stand even a chance of beating you... I have to let Zeus take control?" Joey asked, crestfallen. If he let Zeus take control, it would let the primordial go on a total killing spree, and even after that there'd only be a chance that he could beat the King. Shaking his head, Joey knew what he would decide, and a beam of lightning swiftly struck him, blinding all who looked at him. When the smoke cleared, he stood there still- however, now, only a boy.

"I'm not gonna let Zeus take control. Kill me if you must, but if that's what it takes for me to overcome you then I won't do it. I'd rather die than let the god be unleashed on this world. This power, your power, is undeniable..." He said, his voice now smaller than what it had once been, "and I know that I'm gonna die if I try to fight it."

Below0Gaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Below0Gaming

@joey_destroyer_of_worlds: The blades slowly dropped and the king rose from his seat.

"You have finally come to your senses. As a King I was given this armor and my blade to combat a god. If you had let the god take over I would've had to kill you. I think I may just be able to hand you the throne. There's just one last thing I need to do, as honor for you overcoming the god and not allowing him to take control even when the situation was grim, I shall lat you gaze upon the true power of a king."

No Caption Provided

The man rose up from his throne and walked down until he was eye to eye with Joey. He raised his sword and just as quickly slammed it into the ground. His whole body began radiating an aura that grew in strength insanely quick. Eventually it was so powerful and concentrated it too form as being white hot, the ground began to crack and split open. The heat was melting any metal around, yet the man inside showed no signs of it affecting him. Everything became heavy, like gravity was being increased 10 fold around him, then it stopped. The aura slowly faded away and the king was standing in the middle of a crater he had just created in the exact same position he had started in.

"So, are you willing to accept my title boy, do you now see that what we as kings fight for isn't bologna."

Joey_Destroyer_of_Worlds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@below0gaming:

"Isn't balo- OH! Oh my god, I'm so sorry about that." Joey swiftly apologized for his earlier blunder and took a knee when the gravity grew dense. "Yes, I am ready to accept your responsibilities and title, oh Great King, and I beg of your forgiveness for my insolence."

That sounded like something from Lord of the Rings or something... Hopefully it'd work here.

Below0Gaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"You are forgiven. Now you shall take my indestructible blade and wield the power over the earth it gives you as the new Fifth and Brown King"

Length of a two handed weapon but can be wielded one handed. Can cut through anything that's not indestructible.
Length of a two handed weapon but can be wielded one handed. Can cut through anything that's not indestructible.

With that statement the kings soul entered the blade and the blade bonded with Joey allowing him to call it forth whenever he needs it.