#1 Edited by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio

How to Play:  Mafia is a game of deception.   A small mafia (the Justice League) will talk to each other via pm and night by night try to eliminate the much larger town (the Legion of Doom).   The town will try to figure out who is who and vote off the mafia during the day.   When half the players vote for the same person during the day, that player is lynched and removed from the game.   Days will last until a lynch happens or until I get bored.   Nights will last until everyone with a power sends me a message telling me what they will do or until I get bored.

Rules to follow: 

1) The Town wins when all threats to the Legion of Doom have been eliminated.   The Mafia wins when all supervillains have been eliminated.   There may be players in this game that are neither a part of the Town nor a part of the Mafia.  Their win conditions are a mystery, known only to them.

2) Do not message another player about this game unless your role pm specifically says you can.

3) Do not post at night.  
4) Do not edit your posts unless you're just fixing typos, bolding votes, etc.  If I catch you unsaying things, you'll be modkilled.
5) Do not say anything important if you're dead.  "Aww man"  "Good luck mafia!" or "This was fun" are okay.  I mean don't say stuff like "OMG I can't believe you killed me.  So and so is obviously mafia you should lynch him."

Current Players: 

Current Players (12)  
DaggerKlutz 
Dark Zoom 
Geraldthesloth 
ILLituracy 
Dane 
Icarusflies 
Nighthunter 
Eclipse 
Lance Uppercut 
Bobby X 
Morpheus 

Out of the game
Zoom 
Berquist 
Supreme Marvel 
Son of Magnus

#2 Posted by -Eclipse- (7501 posts) - - Show Bio

FIRST! :P

#3 Edited by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio

One month ago, Gorilla Grodd’s Secret Society invaded the Justice League’s satellite headquarters with the intension of killing everyone on it.   Lex Luthor got wind of this plan and hired the robotic supervillain known as Metallo to stop them from killing Superman, an honor Luthor felt he alone deserved.

Metallo made it aboard and using his kryptonite heart, quickly defeated Superman.   The alarm was sounded and Metallo found himself trapped on the Watchtower.   Using his strength and cunning, the villain managed to be the last person standing and after killing Supergirl, he set the Watchtower to self destruct and teleported back to earth with the unconscious Superman in tow. 

For one month, Lex Luthor kept the Man of Steel under a kryptonite ray, pondering what to do with his arch enemy.   Finally, he came to a decision.   Luthor invited several of the planet’s most hardened criminals to join his Legion of Doom.   Members would have a front row seat to Superman’s execution and one lucky criminal would get the chance to take one last shot at Big Blue. 

“This is pointless” Grodd told the group.   “Just kill him already.” 

“Just because you failed to stop the Justice League and I succeeded doesn’t mean you have to be a sore loser, Grodd.   I’ll start the bidding at five million dollars.” 

“You’ll get nothing” came a voice from above.   There, the Martian Manhunter and a handful of other heroes floated above the Legion of Doom’s heads.   Before any of the villains could react, the Martian dove down into the crowd and took out three of them.   His laser vision sent the villains running and their counterattacks were dodged or phased through. 

“I’ll rip your head off, Martian!” one of the villains yelled. 

“I think not” J’onn Jones replied, contorting his body around the ape until he lost consciousness.

Zoom has been defeated.   He was Gorilla Grodd (Legion of Doom/Town), monkey genius and would be conqueror.

A group of the most powerful Legion members ran into the dormitories of their base and locked the doors, preparing to attack the Martian together as soon as he phased through.   However, the Martian had a power that most of them didn’t know about.   Telepathy.   Soon, they found themselves forgetting the names and faces of their allies.   The Leaguers had already phased inside but they had no idea what they looked like.

The game has begun.  Can you find the Justice League before they find you?  With 14 players remaining, 8 votes will cause a lynch.

#4 Posted by -Eclipse- (7501 posts) - - Show Bio

Eclipse will lose this game! I'm gonna help the Justice League to death!

(... Oops, I think I just didn't give away who my character isn't xP)

#5 Posted by Dark Zoom (2333 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by -Eclipse- (7501 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dark Zoom said:
" k "
Tries to figure out the hidden meaning behind that message 

Um... >__> Mafia?
#7 Edited by Dark Zoom (2333 posts) - - Show Bio
@-Eclipse- said:

" @Dark Zoom said:

" k "
Tries to figure out the hidden meaning behind that message  Um... >__> Mafia? "
????????
#8 Posted by -Eclipse- (7501 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dark Zoom: LOL, just trying to figure out if you're a Townie or Mafia :P 

Since, ya know, that's the whole point of the game?
#9 Posted by Dark Zoom (2333 posts) - - Show Bio
@-Eclipse- said:
" @Dark Zoom: LOL, just trying to figure out if you're a Townie or Mafia :P  Since, ya know, that's the whole point of the game? "
:)
#10 Posted by -Eclipse- (7501 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dark Zoom: Your inability to use full words suggests your character cannot speak... Therefore, you must be mute! And the only mute character I can remember is Jericho... And Jericho is a good guy! :O 

HE'S IN DA MAFIA!!! Get 'im, guys!
#11 Posted by Dark Zoom (2333 posts) - - Show Bio
@-Eclipse- said:
" @Dark Zoom: Your inability to use full words suggests your character cannot speak... Therefore, you must be mute! And the only mute character I can remember is Jericho... And Jericho is a good guy! :O  HE'S IN DA MAFIA!!! Get 'im, guys! "
rotflmfao!!
#12 Posted by -Eclipse- (7501 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dark Zoom: See, you can't even argue with my awesomely BIZARRE deduction skillz :P 

Oh, and the bizarre thing was a hint to who I am in this game. 

Cause my character is bizarre. 

Wink wink 

Eclipse am bad decective?
#13 Posted by Dark Zoom (2333 posts) - - Show Bio
@-Eclipse- said:
" @Dark Zoom: See, you can't even argue with my awesomely BIZARRE deduction skillz :P 

Oh, and the bizarre thing was a hint to who I am in this game. 

Cause my character is bizarre. 

Wink wink  Eclipse am bad decective? "
hey i diddnt say anything lol but you however are bizzaro
#14 Edited by -Eclipse- (7501 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dark Zoom: :O 

HOW DID YOU KNOW?! 

Only a true detective could figure that out... And the best detective I can think of is Batman... So, YOU SIR, are clearly BATMAN! A member of the Justice League! GET 'IM GUYS! 

... Wait, I forgot, Batman died in the first game... >__> alright, you're off the hook... 

Eyes Dark Zoom suspiciously 

... For now... -___-
#15 Posted by DaggerKlutz (2994 posts) - - Show Bio

I say we should decide who to lynch soon. In the last game they had two instances where they couldn't decide and the mafia won out. We can not do what they did and let that happen. I think to help us out we should pick a momentary leader, not someone we have to listen to but someone who offers the best advice. 

#16 Posted by -Eclipse- (7501 posts) - - Show Bio

You're right Dagger, I SHOULD be our leader! :P 

Electing a leader is a silly idea, because we don't know who we can trust to lead us... You're only saying that because you want a Mafia member to be voted leader, so the Mafia can tell us all who to vote for and win! HE'S ONE OF THEM, GUYS!!! O_O 

I also think deciding who to lynch when only three people have posted so far is not a good idea. We'd be picking someone completely at random and I think we should wait and see if someone slips up and gives away who they really are...

#17 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11264 posts) - - Show Bio

Sounds like a good idea. Who's good at advice though? Say if we get the wrong person?

#18 Posted by -Eclipse- (7501 posts) - - Show Bio
@Supreme Marvel: OMG! YOU'RE IN THE MAFIA! :O
#19 Posted by DaggerKlutz (2994 posts) - - Show Bio
@-Eclipse-: I suggest we pick a leader because at this stage of the game there are too many people randomly guessing. By having a leader we can concentrate the main forces onto someone and act quickly, hopefully taking out the Mafia members.
#20 Posted by DaggerKlutz (2994 posts) - - Show Bio
@Supreme Marvel said:
"Sounds like a good idea. Who's good at advice though? Say if we get the wrong person? "

If we get someone wrong we mourne them and move on. It is better to shoot in the dark with these odds then the mafia striking us blind.
#21 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11264 posts) - - Show Bio
@-Eclipse- said:
" @Supreme Marvel: OMG! YOU'RE IN THE MAFIA! :O "
" oh no you caught me" he said in a mono tone voice

If you keep voting for everyone, who do you think they'll vote for? A guilty person shifts the blame to others. Is it possible you're pushing away attention because, YOU'RE MAFIA!?!
#22 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11264 posts) - - Show Bio
@DaggerKlutz said:
" @Supreme Marvel said:
"Sounds like a good idea. Who's good at advice though? Say if we get the wrong person? "
If we get someone wrong we mourne them and move on. It is better to shoot in the dark with these odds then the mafia striking us blind. "
Or we kill our odds even more. By nominating a Mafia leader.
#23 Posted by -Eclipse- (7501 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not randomly guessing... I just happen to believe that everyone but me is in the Mafia... xD 

I get what you're saying, but this is a game where we literally don't know who to trust, since the roles were picked and given to us at random. I pretty much admitted I was Bizarro earlier in order to try and gain some trust. Sure, I could be lying, but that's a bit of a risk to take. If I am lying and it turns out that someone else is Bizarro, that would kinda make me a little suspicious, no? 

Not to mention, if we DO elect a leader... How will that leader know who is in the Mafia anymore than the rest of us? 

Basically I don't see any purpose in electing a leader who we can't trust.

#24 Posted by -Eclipse- (7501 posts) - - Show Bio
@Supreme Marvel said:
" Or we kill our odds even more. By nominating a Mafia leader. "
Basically what I'm trying to say, yeah :P 

@Supreme Marvel said:
" @-Eclipse- said:
" @Supreme Marvel: OMG! YOU'RE IN THE MAFIA! :O "
" oh no you caught me" he said in a mono tone voice  If you keep voting for everyone, who do you think they'll vote for? A guilty person shifts the blame to others. Is it possible you're pushing away attention because, YOU'RE MAFIA!?! "
Nope, I'm Bizarro, I'm one of the good guys :P 

I'm just randomly accusing people because, at this point in the game, I honestly have nothing better to do. And maybe someone will slip up when I accuse them? Shrugs
#25 Posted by DaggerKlutz (2994 posts) - - Show Bio
@Supreme Marvel: The leader idea isn't perminate. It may only last a round or two. Just until there aren't too many people and voting can't be done right. If we choose a mafia leader then we are only where we begun so in the end choosing a leader really offers us no disadvantages. They could band together, make a strong case and fool us otherwise.
#26 Posted by -Eclipse- (7501 posts) - - Show Bio
@DaggerKlutz: You still haven't solved a major problem. How will this 'leader' know who is in the Mafia?
#27 Posted by Bobby X (1141 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the role reversal in the story, Zoom.  
Making the LoD the Town and the JL the mafia is a great twist!  
Very nicely done.
#28 Posted by -Eclipse- (7501 posts) - - Show Bio
@Bobby X: Only a Mafia member would think that was a good idea... 

Eyes Bobby suspiciously 

LOL, jks, it's actually a really nice twist!
#29 Posted by DaggerKlutz (2994 posts) - - Show Bio
@-Eclipse-: They can't know, just like the rest of the townfolks. But with a leader at least everyone will have some direction to head into instead of everyone disagreeing. Do you have any better idea of banding together to stop the mafia? 
#30 Posted by -Eclipse- (7501 posts) - - Show Bio
@DaggerKlutz: We have discussions. We say who we suspect and why. We listen to other people's suspicions and we either agree with them or we disagree. 

Having a single leader is giving that one person too much power. The Townsfolk must share the power by giving solid reasons for our suspicions. That's what was lacking in the last game and that's why the Justice League lost.
#31 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11264 posts) - - Show Bio

How many are Doom and how many are Justice League? Is it split down the middle?

#32 Posted by -Eclipse- (7501 posts) - - Show Bio
@Supreme Marvel: I'm pretty sure the Town outnumbers the Mafia, but I don't know the exact ratio
#33 Posted by Dark Zoom (2333 posts) - - Show Bio
@-Eclipse- said:
" You're right Dagger, I SHOULD be our leader! :P  Electing a leader is a silly idea, because we don't know who we can trust to lead us... You're only saying that because you want a Mafia member to be voted leader, so the Mafia can tell us all who to vote for and win! HE'S ONE OF THEM, GUYS!!! O_O  I also think deciding who to lynch when only three people have posted so far is not a good idea. We'd be picking someone completely at random and I think we should wait and see if someone slips up and gives away who they really are... "
like u :J
#34 Posted by -Eclipse- (7501 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dark Zoom: Huh?
#35 Posted by Dark Zoom (2333 posts) - - Show Bio
@-Eclipse- said:
" @Dark Zoom: Huh? "
Q-Q
#36 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio
@Supreme Marvel said:
"How many are Doom and how many are Justice League? Is it split down the middle? "

There are far more Legion of Doom members.  This will make up for the fact that the League knows who else is on their team and get to take a Legion of Doom member out ever night. 

@Bobby X
said:
"I like the role reversal in the story, Zoom.  Making the LoD the Town and the JL the mafia is a great twist!  Very nicely done. "

Thanks. 

#37 Posted by -Eclipse- (7501 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dark Zoom: You're really not making it easy to play this game... LOL
#38 Posted by Dark Zoom (2333 posts) - - Show Bio
@-Eclipse- said:
" @Dark Zoom: You're really not making it easy to play this game... LOL "
:j
#39 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11264 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dark Zoom said:
" @-Eclipse- said:
"
That one damn fine poker face.
#40 Posted by Dark Zoom (2333 posts) - - Show Bio
@Supreme Marvel said:
" @Dark Zoom said:
" @-Eclipse- said:
"
That one damn fine poker face. "
thanks i spent years perfecting it lol
#41 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11264 posts) - - Show Bio

I wanna vote someone before I get killed off.

#42 Posted by DaggerKlutz (2994 posts) - - Show Bio
@-Eclipse-: Maybe leader is a bad term. I'm not saying to let the person lead us in their direction but a person whose advice is listened to a little more. In the last game near the end someone's advice was listened to more carefully and more mafia members were taken down. Besides, what Mafia member would risk being listened to if that mean the attention of suspicious people drawn upon them?
#43 Posted by DaggerKlutz (2994 posts) - - Show Bio
@Supreme Marvel said:
" I wanna vote someone before I get killed off. "
Who would you suggest we vote off?
#44 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11264 posts) - - Show Bio

This is the list of people.

• Supreme Marvel 
  • DaggerKlutz 
  • Dark Zoom 
  • Geraldthesloth 
  • ILLituracy 
  • Dane 
  • Icarusflies 
  • Nighthunter 
  • Son of Magnus 
  • Eclipse 
  • Bergquist 
  • Lance Uppercut 
  • Bobby X 
  • Morpheus (NEEDS TO BE REPLACED!)

I guess Morpheus is out. So we can't vote him.

Okay, what's you favourite number Dagger?
#45 Posted by DaggerKlutz (2994 posts) - - Show Bio
@Supreme Marvel: Numbers are a bad why to go. Lets see whose name looks most suspicious..... the DaggerKlutz fellow though incredibly hansom seems suspicious but that could just be to attract the ladies...... I say we should wait for more people to post.  
#46 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11264 posts) - - Show Bio
@DaggerKlutz said:
" @Supreme Marvel: Numbers are a bad why to go. Lets see whose name looks most suspicious..... the DaggerKlutz fellow though incredibly hansom seems suspicious but that could just be to attract the ladies...... I say we should wait for more people to post.   "
Honest, tell me a number and I'll do an equation and pick a person.
#47 Posted by DaggerKlutz (2994 posts) - - Show Bio
@Supreme Marvel:  6
#48 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11264 posts) - - Show Bio
VOTE: ILLituracy
Really sorry if you're not a the enemy of mine.
#49 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio

You can vote for Morpheus, you just won't get much out of him except maybe a dead body at the end of the day.
#50 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11264 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll vote him if there are no enemies left.