Ivana vs Deathstroke

gumflabica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Strigidae 23 vs Pre-52 Deathstroke.

Neither the Shogun nor Slade have any outside help, and are limited to standard gear.

Takes place in an urban enviroment at night, unpopulated. Starting distance is 150 yds, out of sight of each other (behind cover).

The general starting area is a long, straight street with rows of office builings down each side, each adjacent building having a closed bridge between the two over the road. I vana and Slade start two buildings apart on opposite sides of the road, on the ground outside the building behind the one they're closest to. They do not know were their opponent is.

Round 1. No prep time.

Round 2. 12 hours of prep time. This can be used for research on their opponent only.

The_Shogun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay then lol. Not what I was expecting!

gumflabica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By gumflabica

@the_shogun: And I thought to my self.... "Why not?"

:P I'm putting one up in the actual battles forum with a link to your Bio, if that's alright with you.

You know, for the ones who come here for the express purpose of battles.

Maverick_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can only really imagine how salty people on the battles might get if they read this lol

The_Shogun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gumflabica: Well its alright with me but that is probably against the rules of the battles forum. I can't imagine it would get a positive reception anyway, so you might want to give that one some thought :-)

gumflabica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

gumflabica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_shogun: Well, I dunno.

I was a member of the Battles forum specifically before I came to the RPG board, and it's not just comic characters.

Video game, movie, TV show, obscure anime, you name it. Pretty much any fictional character can take place. We've formed a pretty nice little universe over here in the RPG section, and you're without a doubt one of the big leaguers *eyes dart to the right*

I doubt they'd get too angry, so long as I link your bio. And at worst, I'd get ignored. People tend to avoid characters they don't know, but who knows, maybe someone's ready for a learning experience :P

The_Shogun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gumflabica: You may well be right. My battle forum days were almost three years ago now so I'm pretty out of touch with the rules and the culture there.

Maverick_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gumflabica: Yeah, but things like Fan-Fictions and less "official" stuff like webcomics and all that though not against the rules are allowed.

There is that, and the fact that battle forums are quite frankly, a mess lol.

The_Shogun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its interesting to think about though. I'd remove Ivana's bloodbending though, so its a more standard 'comic book fight'.

Round two I would give the advantage to Deathstroke for sure. Ivana isn't much of a prepper. She believes in aggressive and decisive action over preparation, which makes her unpredictable and dangerous but it also means she hasn't developed a lot of 'prep skill' or feats and she sometimes takes more damage than she would if she slowed down. Deathstroke can do a lot more with his twelve hours of prep than Ivana can do with hers.

gumflabica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maverick_6: @the_shogun:

Welp, posted in battles, with a short little note about how Ivana is a character in the RPG section with a link to her bio.

Maybe if people demand feats you could link them to some of Ivana's more major RPs? I'm on mobile, so my linking is a mess, and I'm 99.9% sure you know your own character's history better than I do :P

The_Shogun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gumflabica: I'll see what I can do lol. That said its a lot of pages to go through. I need to make an organized list of her canon someday.

gumflabica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_shogun: Yeah, I hear ya.

I doubt I could do that with my characters, and I've got only 2 years of canon spread out over 20 characters.

gumflabica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_shogun: I agree Slade would probably win round 2, but for the purpose of the battle, let's say Ivana is an NPC. She is no longer bound by RP rules. Generous selling could easily be taken advantage of by Slade's PIS factor.

Now's not exactly the time to be modest :P any Deathstroke debater won't hesitate to pull out his best feats (Tagging the Flash? Really?), so this is the perfect time to prove how awesome your character is, and why she deserves to go up against Slade.

Avatar image for deactivated-59c716930b8a6
deactivated-59c716930b8a6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Mercenary.

Avatar image for shogun_of_sarcasm
Shogun_of_Sarcasm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gumflabica: A member of the Battle Forums, eh?

I knew I met you somewhere, man. Do you recall the name deadpoolrules? =P

Vocal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is first off one of those fights that's so greatly balanced it could be really great or really bad. Though seeing how both characters are almost always written and sold well it'd probably be great.

Most of their stats are quite even with the various super soldier traits rivaled by the arcani's arts. They both are fast crafty and so on.

However Ivana has better gear, Slade usually has pretty average armor which is far less dependable then Vibranium. Ivana has the armor to take a few hits where Slade does not though he can likely keep fighting through the pain for awhile Resiliance alone isn't to likely to help.

Ivana also benefits from additional powers, Slade has fought a lot of foes so odds are these powers and mystic martial arts things won't throw him off his game. They do however keep an edge on Ivana's odds.

Lastly I'd argue Ivana has better experience. Slade has had a lot of fights and has a lot of experience he also however more or less fights the same foes. Comics have a more reacuring cast of opponents for there characters. The RPG section though is much more diverse who Ivana fights in Shadow Wars isn't the same as who she fought in VZ, who she fought in VZ she didn't fight in Japan, who she fought in Japan isn't who she fought when she took over VZ and so on. In other words where Slade's next fight is Slade vs TT round 19 Ivana's next fight is probably something new. Meaning she's probably got a better sense of diversity and preparation.

However assuming they make it to round two the odds will be much more in Slade's favor and he'll be more likely to win. What little prep we have seen for Ivana has always been more for a distinct enemy(such as vampires/lycans) and for large scale battles. Not necessarily custom load outs for one particular foe or anything along those lines

The_Shogun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vocal: That was a good breakdown!

Avatar image for deactivated-5a4aaebccd120
deactivated-5a4aaebccd120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Neither. They would get married and have lil eyeless babies.

Vocal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_animus_: I imagine the baby would have three eyes to make up for what they lack

@the_shogun: thanks :3

To me the biggest thing though was the experience a dozen fights with the same foes isn't the same as a dozen with different foes. I'm no expert but I imagine one benefits more from what Ivana's gone through

The_Shogun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By The_Shogun

@vocal: You know, I never even thought about it that way. I did wonder about the experience of fighting in the DC universe where nobody knows how to shoot a takedown or pull guard vs the experience of fighting in the CV universe were pretty much everyone can ghost escape and reverse de la riva.

Vocal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_shogun: can't help but think it makes for a major difference. In a comic universe there's a bit of a limit to what they do, that's to say they're lacking just that there is a method that works so there is a method that's followed. While in the CVnU it's much more diverse crafted from a wider spectrum of genras preference and so on

The_Shogun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vocal: Yeah you do have to go up against a whole bunch of different stuff on CV.

TheFlashFire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

O yey now i can debate rpg characters on my regular main account

gumflabica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By gumflabica
Shogun_of_Sarcasm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gumflabica: I was quite the annoying fanboy back in the day xD

gumflabica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shogun_of_sarcasm: I had Captain Cold as m av for an insanely long amount of time, and Deathstroke as my profile background.

I was (and am) a Deathtroke fan-boy.

Shogun_of_Sarcasm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gumflabica: I remember your Thanos (Baby Thanos?) av lol

_Grifter_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By _Grifter_

This is a really good paring.

gumflabica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shogun_of_sarcasm: I actually don't think I do XD

I'll have to rifle through my image galleries

Shogun_of_Sarcasm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gumflabica: Jesus, I had a Christmas av! xD Browsing my old account brings up shame to my memory =P

gumflabica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shogun_of_sarcasm: I'd post a picture here, but I'm on mobile.

Basically, I send it out every Christmas.

It's a picture of an unconscious guy in an alley wearing nothing but a fake beard and a Santa hat thong, with booze in his hand.

gumflabica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_grifter_: I know, right? I'm mad at myself for detailing my own thread XD

Shogun_of_Sarcasm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gumflabica: Dude! I think I saw it!! XD

Mine is Deadpool (if you see my gallery, second most recent image, the one he's pointing up with the reasons to be an avenger) but with a Santa hat. I'll use it this year xD

gumflabica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By gumflabica
Shogun_of_Sarcasm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

gumflabica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shogun_of_sarcasm: Then Google drunk santa and go to images

Oh god this is turning into Thoughty

MTH_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We should do this like monthly, create some sort of connection between the boards. Get a little boost in activity in each. Just every month battle community has a poll and picks a character and RPG has a poll pick a character and we do this....or to make it interesting we could swap it (RPG picks comic character, battles picks RPG character). This would create a great sense of community

(posted same message on battles thread)