Is my Character to OP?

• 121 results
Pro_Nelson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

One question if my character's powers come from a god but he is still half human. He is immortal in a sense of when he is killed his is reincarnated in the buddhist realm of purgatory. You can still deal damage to me no matter but I am still powerful. Is this good ?

Charlemagne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wouldnt worry about the perception of being "overpowered." Make your character as strong or as weak as you want. Its all about how you play those powers and sell. I've seen characters who should be able to wipe the Vine out with a single post get beat by street levelers simply because they sold hard. You're only overpowered if you never lose, always know whats coming, never get hurt, dismiss everyone cause you're the unbeatable man, etc. Powers dont make you overpowered. Never selling does.

Pro_Nelson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wouldnt worry about the perception of being "overpowered." Make your character as strong or as weak as you want. Its all about how you play those powers and sell. I've seen characters who should be able to wipe the Vine out with a single post get beat by street levelers simply because they sold hard. You're only overpowered if you never lose, always know whats coming, never get hurt, dismiss everyone cause you're the unbeatable man, etc. Powers dont make you overpowered. Never selling does.

Thanks for that info need it man :D

Charlemagne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By Charlemagne
mgrman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Based on my bio what should my Superhero name be?

Mr. Mercury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

XRiskyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@mgrman5: Indestructible? Impenetrable? Constant? Something like this that emphasizes you are invulnerable and/or fixed to this universe/time.

mgrman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@risky: What about Invincible I know already is taken but it just rolls of the tongue.

mgrman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mr__mercury: Really its not to lame or overbearing. What do you think a super hero name should convey or signify.

Ian_Idyll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By Ian_Idyll

@mgrman5: It should be something that symbolises them or says who they are, and that can be an internal or an exterior image, whether, what they want people to see or how they want to come across. Some don't have a super hero name, but their own normal name because that is who they want people to see or remember.

How about Paragon?

Lady_Rosalina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ian_idyll: Paragon is groan inducingly cliche though.

Ian_Idyll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By Ian_Idyll

@lady_rosalina: Maybe because I've never seen it as a superhero name (Only just found out now that other characters have used the name) it seemed new to me. I didn't realise how common it was. Perhaps, maybe not the best then. Only an idea among others.

mgrman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ian_idyll: I think the name is good its short and meaningful.

Ian_Idyll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for naamah_obyzouth
Naamah_Obyzouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Not a fan of the term OP. As long as you sell it shouldn't be a problem. I mean there are plenty of really powerful characters that are interesting anyways. It's all about how you use it.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Not a fan of the term OP. As long as you sell it shouldn't be a problem. I mean there are plenty of really powerful characters that are interesting anyways. It's all about how you use it.

co-signed

MasterMouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mgrman5:Pretty sure your ultimate invulnerability puts you at least at powerhouse level.

mgrman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mastermouse: My durability definitely puts me up their in the big leagues maybe even at skyfather level. But I am not as strong as a powerhouse at least not physically. My super strength and speed is pint size compared to most powerhouses and skyfathers. Although my psionic abilities are pretty strong probably putting me up their with the Omegas. So all in all with my psionic abilities and invulnerability being the only two powers able to hurt someone past level 3, I am below the power level of Zeus and Odin, but above the power level of Hulk, Superman, Wonder Woman, and Martian Manhunter.

mgrman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

B.U.M.P

Trinity-Blue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

*too OP

_Legion_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mgrman5:

Don't see the point of bumping this.

NICK31898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There is no such thing as TOO Powerful.

Constantine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

You can't be too powerful if you play it right, I mean I made my character (Constantine) more than a God but that is simply for story purposes - when I fight (used to anyway) I would always play along and get struck when it made the story flow better and the fight intensify, when in actuality the power-set I have written for myself could end a galaxy in the blink of an eye. I also mix it up a bit by having my powers stripped or stunted every now and again. Just have fun with it.