• 121 results
#1 Edited by mgrman5 (581 posts) - - Show Bio

I was debating if I should change my character power levels to something else and was wondering if I was to overpowered and if so, would I be able to beat someone like Superman with just power alone or someone like Silver Surfer am I so powerful that I am a god moder, or am I skyfather level. What is the range at which I rank power wise. 1 being someone like Spider-Man, 5 being someone like Thor, and 10 being someone like Galactus.

#2 Posted by Rumble Man (11119 posts) - - Show Bio

@mgrman5: Well there are other cosmics in this playground

no probs

#3 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

Eh, just seems very powerful because most of the RPGers go street level. Just need to start some cosmic stuff and people with similar levels will show up.

#4 Posted by mgrman5 (581 posts) - - Show Bio

@Decoy Elite: @Rumble Man: So you are saying I would be more suited form some cosmic adventures and the crazy level astronomical power sets that most of the cosmic characters have like the Guardians of the Universe or the Phoenix and not try to be a street leveler and battle with people like Captain America or Wolverine. Thanks for the advice by the way. Where do you think I would lie on the scale.

#5 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

@mgrman5: I'd say your pretty low cosmic level from what I can tell. Superman level and stuff, there's Earth heroes who you could go up with but I think cosmic stuff is where characters of your level tend to shine IMO.

#6 Edited by Cassius_Knightfall (7949 posts) - - Show Bio

Your cool in my book, Overkill is more powerful really and he has been able to write consistently well with more power. As long as your nailing your selling it wont be an issue. Its not like you cant be beaten or outclassed in one category.

( Ps incase you didnt know this is Edward Windsor)

#7 Posted by mgrman5 (581 posts) - - Show Bio

@Decoy Elite: Thanks so much for your input it makes sense to go up to the stars I really like the idea of my character wondering the depths of space voyaging around seeing what wondrous and dangerous things awaits him, it could be really fun and being one somewhat level ground with some like Superman gives me a clearer definition of what I am going for, although I thought I was weaker than Superman but I guess not.

#8 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

@mgrman5: I more of meant you're around his level, I see your guy fighting characters in his range, although not in the speed department.

#9 Posted by Rumble Man (11119 posts) - - Show Bio

@mgrman5: well you can be street adventure too

as air support/deus ex machina or nerf version

remember that bigger mushroom cloud =/= stronger character

there are types who rush to overpower

and then the types that come with finesse, fighting at areas where the other can't fight back in

then there are the tailor-made types (as in powers specifically designed to take out someone)

#10 Posted by mgrman5 (581 posts) - - Show Bio

@Decoy Elite: Yeah I know what you mean my speed is dismal compared to people like him or even someone like Iron Man. I didn't want to be a total speed blizer just enough to get me where I need to go and attack fast enough to where it would be pretty hard to dodge and I also thought having my other abilities balanced out my somewhat lack of speed. Especially my invulnerability and PK. I mean I could become a human cannonball with those abilities used in tandem if I fight someone slower then me of course.

@Cassuis_Slay_Knightfall: You are right I am not totally unstoppable even if I am invulnerable and I could learn how to write better to make my RPG more accessible. Also I don't know the people you are referring to Overkill is that a user and Edward, sorry I haven't been doing RPG for very long like this is my second time so I don't know many people.

#11 Posted by mgrman5 (581 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rumble Man: To true I hadn't thought about the way a character interact in a battle how their fight style effects the outcome of the match like some one like Naruto who rush in with power and ferocity compared to some one like Neji or Shikamaru who tend to think things over and attack more gracfully.

#12 Edited by Rumble Man (11119 posts) - - Show Bio

@mgrman5: Or put it this way

A werewolf is strong, but if a knight were to take his time and make silver armor said wolf is f*cked

Or a thief vs a strong barbarian, but thief uses poisoned weapons

Or a guerrilla that does not attack someone head on, taking his/her/its time to get to the back before striking

Edit:

a character's personality also matters, as it affects their decision making

the stronger you are the more likely others will take extreme measures to put you down

like this

#13 Edited by Cassius_Knightfall (7949 posts) - - Show Bio

@mgrman5: Hi man (Edward Windsor) is my main account ,Cassius( this account) is my alt. Basically there is a guy called Overkill on my team who's sort of a Superman level character. My point was simple if you sell well, any powerset is viable here. Its just making sure you make the most out of attacks coming your way even ones that theoretically wont harm you. Since some will catch you off guard of have unexpected effects. As long as you match you powerful attack with a good balance of taking hits you will be fine. Check out some of Overkill's/Lady Liberty stuff if you need to see what iam talking about since both are high powered individuals who can sell .

#14 Posted by mgrman5 (581 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rumble Man: That video was disturbing how all the ants just piled on the crab attack its weak points, like how Batman would fight Superman. Funny because I am taking Invertebrate Zoology in school and we just learned about Arthropods and how Crabs have a think cuticle but at the joints it thins out to allow for flexibility and movement. Attacking in high numbers and in the most tactical and precise way would take down any foe. Go Ants.

#15 Posted by Rumble Man (11119 posts) - - Show Bio

@mgrman5: or this

#16 Posted by mgrman5 (581 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rumble Man: Dang that was sick how hot the bees got and how they set an ambush for the wasp. Those were some very intelligent insects.

#17 Posted by Rumble Man (11119 posts) - - Show Bio

@mgrman5: Nature is a great inspiration for Rp's

#18 Posted by mgrman5 (581 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rumble Man: Its sure is it has opened my eyes to some many possibilities and strategies of war, much obliged.

#19 Posted by Rumble Man (11119 posts) - - Show Bio

@mgrman5: no probs

#20 Posted by mgrman5 (581 posts) - - Show Bio

@Decoy Elite: Do you think I would be able to beat Hal Jordan and Cyborg, New 52 versions, given that their morals are on and they have just met me.

#21 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

@mgrman5: I don't know much about how powerful those guys are currently. Don't read much DC. >.>

#22 Posted by mgrman5 (581 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh that's okay I just got interested in New Guardians because I think the concept of the emotional spectrum is cool seeing how all the colors interact is great. Do you read some Marvel.

#23 Edited by Ishmael_the_Deathjester (222 posts) - - Show Bio

The absolute invulnerability is a bit much, but most of the people who play at the omega level have several easy options of BFR. Including just one-punching you out of the solar system. You may not be hurt or dead, but you're out of the fight.

#24 Posted by Rumble Man (11119 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ishmael_the_Deathjester said:

The absolute invulnerability is a bit much, but most of the people who play at the omega level have several easy options of BFR. Including just one-punching you out of the solar system. You may not be hurt or dead, but you're out of the fight.

Or they can 'nemean' him, seeing as his body is relatively humanoid

#25 Posted by mgrman5 (581 posts) - - Show Bio

Do you think Omega could take on the Fantastic Four, given standard equipment, morals on, no preparation for the Fantastic Four or for my character and the team does not know who he is, but Omega knows as much as he would get from their wiki page on this site, so basically everything. Fight takes place on Yancy Street. Current versions minus the whole Reed dying thing. I am just trying to gauge where my character stands power wise compared to the rest of the universe. If Omega can beat the FF then he is in good shape, but if he loses then he is low down on the totem pole compared to the rest. Because the FF don't have as many powerhouses as the Avengers, X-men, and the Justice League have so it gives an even reading.

#26 Posted by Lord_Johnathan (3271 posts) - - Show Bio

@mgrman5 said:

Do you think Omega could take on the Fantastic Four, given standard equipment, morals on, no preparation for the Fantastic Four or for my character and the team does not know who he is, but Omega knows as much as he would get from their wiki page on this site, so basically everything. Fight takes place on Yancy Street. Current versions minus the whole Reed dying thing. I am just trying to gauge where my character stands power wise compared to the rest of the universe. If Omega can beat the FF then he is in good shape, but if he loses then he is low down on the totem pole compared to the rest. Because the FF don't have as many powerhouses as the Avengers, X-men, and the Justice League have so it gives an even reading.

Reed has enough toys in his belt to BFR Omega at the get go.

#27 Posted by Rumble Man (11119 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lord_Johnathan: Or whip a nullifier out of his ass ;)

#28 Posted by mgrman5 (581 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lord_Johnathan: You are right Reed does have a lot of gadgets he could employ that could BFR Omega, maybe a negative zone emitter that would send him to the negative zone or a teleporter device that sends him to space or something. He could even have a satchel that is a trans-dimensional portal to his lab where he could pull out anything he has concocted over the years. SO to make it even how about instead of having standard equipment, let it just be no equipment or gadgets, just straight fist to cuffs. Powers vs Powers.

#29 Edited by Lord_Johnathan (3271 posts) - - Show Bio

@mgrman5 said:

@Lord_Johnathan: You are right Reed does have a lot of gadgets he could employ that could BFR Omega, maybe a negative zone emitter that would send him to the negative zone or a teleporter device that sends him to space or something. He could even have a satchel that is a trans-dimensional portal to his lab where he could pull out anything he has concocted over the years. SO to make it even how about instead of having standard equipment, let it just be no equipment or gadgets, just straight fist to cuffs. Powers vs Powers.

You see the problem you have is that your character can only be dealt with by BFR, containment, or simply being powerful enough to logically no-sell what he can put out. Juggernaut had the same problems with one exception; you could open up one weakness that could be exploited if someone with the right power set was available (breaking his helmet for psychic dickery). That being said, you aren't quite at Full powered Kuurth who could be summed up as "Juggs with none of the weaknesses of Juggs, the power to fly, and smack you in the face with mjolnir lite" level broken.

#30 Posted by Rumble Man (11119 posts) - - Show Bio

@mgrman5:

Quick question, does your character need to breathe and does his body function similarly to that of a humans?

#31 Posted by mgrman5 (581 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rumble Man: No he does not need to breath or eat he is self sustaining. What do you mean by functioning like a human?

#32 Posted by Rumble Man (11119 posts) - - Show Bio

@mgrman5: nerve endings, neurons, ability to feel sensations, joints, muscles, made of cells

#33 Posted by mgrman5 (581 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rumble Man: Oh that, yeah he is basically the same as you and I just really durable. Although he may not be able to feel hot or cold because it does not effect him like it does normal people, but he is pretty much humanoid.

#34 Posted by Rumble Man (11119 posts) - - Show Bio

@mgrman5: So he has a brain and cranial fluid right?

#35 Posted by mgrman5 (581 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rumble Man: Yeah he has all the organs we have.

#36 Posted by Rumble Man (11119 posts) - - Show Bio

@mgrman5: Does he have nards and sensitivity ?

#37 Posted by mgrman5 (581 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rumble Man: Yeah he has those too.

#38 Posted by Rumble Man (11119 posts) - - Show Bio

@mgrman5: If he can feel pain then thats a good balance

#39 Posted by mgrman5 (581 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rumble Man: He can feel pain but considering he is super durable the pain probably wouldn't be much because most things can really phase him.

#40 Posted by Rumble Man (11119 posts) - - Show Bio

@mgrman5: Seems like a fun challenge

#41 Posted by mgrman5 (581 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rumble Man: Yeah it is like Lord_Johnathan said Omega is a type of character that can only be defeated by BFR or Incapacitated by being trapped or out gunned by someone who has higher stats like Superman, who is way stronger and faster than Omega because Superman can lift the Earth and run at the speed of light, and also he is durable enough that Omega probably couldn't hurt him with his energy blast or TK. So it would be a standoff until one of them figure outs what to do. Superman could just bury Omega in the core of the Earth and leave him their I guess.

#42 Posted by Rumble Man (11119 posts) - - Show Bio

@mgrman5: There are more 'creative ways to deal with Omega.

#43 Posted by mgrman5 (581 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rumble Man: Like what?

#44 Posted by Rumble Man (11119 posts) - - Show Bio

@mgrman5: mental attacks

#45 Posted by mgrman5 (581 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rumble Man: Sorry, immune to telepathy and mental assault.

#46 Posted by Rumble Man (11119 posts) - - Show Bio

@mgrman5: Immune to 'reason'?

#47 Posted by mgrman5 (581 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rumble Man: what do you mean?

#48 Posted by Rumble Man (11119 posts) - - Show Bio

@mgrman5: subtle verbal manipulation

#49 Posted by mgrman5 (581 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rumble Man: Sure I guess that might work so long as it is not an actual power, maybe they are just super good at being manipulative and swaying people to their cause like Mystique, Lex, or the Joker. They just can't have the power to control people like Nina from Alphas or Eden in Heroes.

#50 Posted by mgrman5 (581 posts) - - Show Bio

So I had to edit my Superbio because the old one got deleted by the site change, so I was wondering if I was still OP.