Into the Vipers Pit - RPG

Avatar image for cassius_knightfall
Cassius_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Since the loss of Andres and failure to execute his killer, Cassius had little to do and a mind that wouldn't settle. Finding himself increasingly frustrated and lost, he took to the streets sapping hour after hour near sleepless in his pursuit of dreamless exhausted sleep. Cassius limbs felt heavy as his body tired yet his mind was still sharp and running like it was powered on jet fuel and coffee, thoughts memories and angst constantly sparking in the deep recesses of his mind. He had to find something to focus on something other than his failures and the pain of loss.

Hearing shouting just ahead Cass picked up his head and lifted his tired frame standing tall as he hit a running stride, turning the corner and instantly seeing a group around one floored barely audible man. The gang suddenly turning upon hearing Cassius's footsteps. "Look what we have here another scumblood mutant."

"Oh good" The running Knightfall thought. Mutant haters, Idiots he would have no quarrel or regret beating to a bloody pulp. Jumping in knees first slamming his full momentum into the first guys sternum, sending aloud crack echoing around the alley. Riding his opponents falling body to the ground before springing back up and slamming the side of his right hand into the eye of the nearest target reaching to his hip with his left hand instantly grabbing his pistol turning his wrist and shooting another of the gang in the foot.

"Crack"

Feeling a heavy blow across the back of his mask as he feel to the ground a torrent of stomps and kicks raining down on the downed Knightfall rattling him around inside his armor, sapping the air from his lungs. Another kick crunching into his wrist sending his pistol flying from his grasp. Pulling his arm back in and reaching from his belt one last time crunched into a ball Cassius pulled at his smoke grenade. Taking a flurry of strikes as the gas spilled out he crawled onto his knees pulled himself up and regrouped. This time he would show no mercy. Pulling out his other pistol the alley lit up with flashes from his pistol. Echoing the sounds of gunfire through the block.

Falling to one knee surrounded by chaos, Cassius went to the gangs first victim sputtering out a sentence as best he could barely held together "Are you ok?" The prone body remained silent, motionless. Rolling the downed mutant over onto his back instantly taken aback by the young blooded face he could see the badly beaten mutant try and mouth something. Learning in real close as he picked the fallen mutant up he heard two words "Vipers nest"

Cormac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Cormac

“Heh,” Cormac mumbled, picking up the hospital report which showed Cassius’ beaten face alongside a nameless mutant, both having been admitted to the hospital soon after their beating in the alleyway, “thanks” heaffably stated, casting the young receptionist a jovial smile prior to walking through the hospital wings, going to find Cassius and understand how he’d gotten into such a state.

Having luckily seen a police report on the news regarding a spontaneous, hate-fuelled attack on Cass, wearing a dark black top and his iconic brown cowboy hat which had adorned his rough features since his Sovereign days, the Trion Titan finally reached the injured Knightfall’s bedside. His coarse mannerisms evident as he forgot to remove his hat, merely peering towards Cassius with a jagged smile, momentarily casting another confused glance at the downed mutant beside the Knightfall before looking back down at Cass and folding his arms, “Still getting in trouble without your old partner?” The Knightfall Abomination chuckled, “What happened Cass, who needs to die?” His eyes stoic, he was not totally joking.

Avatar image for cassius_knightfall
Cassius_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Smiling at the arrival of Cormac, Cassius winced pulling himself slowly up into an upright position. " Alot has happened since i have seen you last mate and its pretty much all been sh*t. This (mockingly pointing at his current state) is just the icing on the cake and as with my usual escapades it looks like its gonna get worse." Looking around over Cormac shoulder before he went into detail.

"First things first Cormac that back has my gear in it, luckily i have a few friends here and as far as the local police and this place are concerned i'am just the victim of a gang attack. If you could please take my gear outta here before the police come and question me. Last thing i need right now is a court case and with what i'am on to it would be no good for the city either. I have spent the last few weeks chasing up missing mutants and i have stumbled onto something. All my notes are in the pocket of my jacket. We are on the cusp of the whole city and possibly the world blowing up. You may think i'am crazy or suffered some sort of head injury but i promise you this is true. There is a place in this city and in many others called a Vipers Nest. A place where mutants are taken against their will and forced to fight in a deathsport. Needless to say this has to be stopped. We could be days/minutes away from a full scale genetic war. The mutant population as a hole finds out about this we get a war, these racists go after the wrong mutant we get a major incident and then a war. It has to be stopped.

I cant get out of here for a few more days and wont be in condition to fight for at least a few weeks, my ribs are holding on by a thread. So i must ask you as my friend to chase up some leads and find this place ready for us to go in and try and take the place of the map without it blowing up in our faces. I know i'am dragging you into something incredibly dangerous and potentially suicidal even for the likes of you. We have no idea where this pit is, who funds it and how they containing mutants. We need to find these things out and bring it down."

Spotting a nurse walking towards them Cassius changes the subject quickly "I know that was alot of information to take in. But i will be able to help in a few weeks,look at my notes and be carefull. Oh and please take my bag. I will see you soon"