Influences On Your Character

Felix_Faraday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Felix_Faraday

Felix is basically my inner dork unleashed. He likes most of the stuff I do, manifests my love for Rap and promotes culinary joy just like I do. Just like me he is a genuine guy who takes everything with a bit of a reserve and is a bit socially awkward. His muscular physique and strong presence also symbolize my passion for, well for the lack of a better word, 'fitness'. Yep.

Of course, his morality was heavily inspired by Supes but also Mark Grayson. "Can't save everyone, but save everyone whom I can."

His powers are, straight up, those of Mark Grayson amped up a thousand times over. Their neutron star definition is my attempt at emulating Impero's science evidence even though mine basically spiralled into the arbitrary realm of pseudo-science LOL

The Psyentist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Already posted in this other thread What Inspired Your Characters?, but...

Xandra was inspired by me, the X-Men, telekinesis, and Emma Frost. And some Dr. Hannibal Lecter for good measure.

valken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd have to say in terms of already established fictional characters, Aqualad and Legolas. There's also a lot of myself in the character and I've been inspired by mainly Andres/Satar, and Warsman!

FMJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Siractionslacks' Omniknight voice-over for Pyle, but less exaggerated.

AdmiralLogic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_outcastal_: Well this is cool.

Jerome Logic's attitude was based off of someone who takes everything seriously. His name and title cane from my love for apologetics and logic as a whole. His physical abilities were inspired by a character I created who can copy any ability. However I thought I should limit it to mostly mental related abilities.

Kurrent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Everyone I made famous influenced me.

_Creed_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For Pest, it's mostly myself and Ambush Bug. Yes, I'm this much of a goofy pop culture guy in real life XD

Erlking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cheat's a lot like me, except me living as I would in a dystopian world in which doing basically anything guarantees death.

The Psyentist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cheat: Writing yourself? Isn't that..............

cheating?

Erlking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_psyentist: Well, strictly speaking, he's not me. I just know that if I lived on earth-CVnU, I'd be super paranoid about everything and would likely develop a massive inferiority complex because I can't throw buildings around or walk through walls. Y'know what I mean? So to survive, he resorts to cheating.

Maverick_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kurrent said:

I don't even know you, yet I wonder why nobody has glomped you yet.

@cheat said:

@the_psyentist: Well, strictly speaking, he's not me. I just know that if I lived on earth-CVnU, I'd be super paranoid about everything and would likely develop a massive inferiority complex because I can't throw buildings around or walk through walls. Y'know what I mean? So to survive, he resorts to cheating.

Now you're gettin' it :D

The Psyentist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kurrent said:

OH HAI

Kurrent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_psyentist: What's up girl!!!

@maverick_6: What's up dude! We're buds now, anyone messes with you they have me to deal with.

MTH_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Little bits of myself, green arrow, hawkeye, angel, etc.....there's alot I even pulled in some Heroes stuff with the whole drug influence and the art type stuff

Wraithborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This bae.
This bae.

Maverick_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Already posted in this other thread What Inspired Your Characters?, but...

Xandra was inspired by me, the X-Men, telekinesis, and Emma Frost. And some Dr. Hannibal Lecter for good measure.

I was looking for that but couldn't find it....

The Psyentist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kurrent: Oh, you know. Dating Pyrogram and living in England and stuff. You? xD

Kurrent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Psyentist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kurrent: Ahhhh. Florida. Nice weather but insane. LOL I'm glad I moved to London.

_Drake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I remember Drakepool had a little bit of me and Deadpool (=O). Plus some drama those freaking writers could have pulled out easily in an actual Deadpool comic!

_Drake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thunderwave...

Just realized he was a special case, mostly because I dislike most Shonen like Fairy Tail and because I don't watch it at all (Laxus looks cool af tho). So no inspiration coming from his original source.

I always liked the gunner archetype, but ones like Dirty Harry with badass quotes and a serious, stylish look. But never too professional, always slightly humored and cold.

I didn't try it with Thunderwave, though. I created him from sketch, always thinking a decent personality and a nice backstory. His powers and the whole energy needing to get through him made me wanna create a strictly professional dude that has to do very energetic things even if he dislikes it, mostly because his body is reacting faster than usual most of the time. But not cold and distant, because I wanted someone you can get behind of. A dude of few friends, but that treasure them.

I also looked up quite a lot of stuff on Electrokinesis (waaaay too OP, but I loved it at the time because of his potential to go bamf when fully charged). I didn't want him to go around only firing bolts, I wanted to boost him in ways he'd be perfectly fit for close-quarters and an adept trapster, as well as a long-range threat by default and a n extremely powerful foe if the requirements of energy were met and his boost was extremely needed.

I wanted him to use his head.

And I also never did try the mercenary angle with such a powerful character lmao It was really fun fleshing it out ^____^

Avatar image for captain_garrick
Captain_Garrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Halo had a bit of influence but was not the main source. Obviously Coldstone units resemble spartans and Crags resemble Elites. But the actual idea came from me wanting armored space troops and was more influenced by star wars than Halo despite resembling Halo more.

Maverick_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kurrent said:

@maverick_6: What's up dude! We're buds now, anyone messes with you they have me to deal with.

"How sweet. He wants to protect me."

---

Now to go on topic! Bold was inspired by Senator Armstrong of course.

His personality ended being rather close but at the same time different, because Bold actually has the exact opposite of Senator Armstrong's beliefs and goals. Not deliberately but what they had. However, he seems to be as Jovial and is ever defiant of the "Fat, sleazy corporate guy" trope. When people talk to him, I like to give off the impression that he is simply still a person and does indeed have a soul. However, he also shares some things personality with Armstrong, such as an intense dislike for the current state of the worlds general populace and what society has generally become.

However, they fight similarly in concerns to fighting style.

Armstrong also leads a PMC, but it is different in that it's soldier are more advanced than Maverick's. His army is extremely freaking powerful and Maverick's only advantage against them is arguably skill and weaponry.

Ability wise, they are also different. Bold has abilities Armstrong does not and Armstrong has abilities Bold does not. Sources are also completely different for what they can do.

The Psyentist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The TV show Hannibal has inspired me a bit recently for Xandra, but I haven't really made use of that tone or material.

Frank_Scaletta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Uh. Yeah, I think there are really only three sources of influence for Frank. The biggest one being of course Marvel's premier anti-hero: Punisher, and shaped not only his initial personality but also most of his skills. Another great influence is Lee Child's Jack Reacher franchise who I like to call "Badass Bond on a Budget", he's intelligent and resourceful with ass-whooping to spare. The last influence are materials I've read or interesting factoids I've heard in regards to military.

The_Shogun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ivana was basically an exercise in powerset design when I first made her. I already had a main and just wanted a kickass bodyguard/personal assassin character for said main.

The main inspiration was Mister X. I thought the tattoos were cool, I liked his 'greatest warrior alive' attitude and I really liked his move reading powerset. Then came Silver Samurai, whose powerset I also thought was epic. Chopping through anything short of pure adamantine is amazingly useful without feeling 'overwhelming'. I unified the two powersets with 'tachyons' and stuck on some of my favorite martial arts stuff (Bullseye) and Ivana was born!

AdmiralLogic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Random/randy ronoldo was me inserting two characters I already had. I wanted a mentally challenged one who was extremely dangerous.

Biggest outside influence:

Assassins who had physically enhancing drugs which had dangerous side effects.

Tenjin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Outside Influences:

Tenjin has always been based on martial artists, especially Donnie Yen (Flashpoint) or really any action film where you have to pause it because you jumped to your feet and proceed to rewind it several times. No matter what he personifies, these movies played a really important role. Second to that, is Vampires. Tenjin had Vampiric powers once during Prime, for a short time, but I almost always have written him like he had vampiric traits. Incredibly pale, fang like canines, except in a literal handful of Story RPGs he has been exclusively nocturnal in nature. Along with the personality of a goth kid XDD Pessimism and wearing black specifically. And of course, Conan the Barbarian; super buff warrior dude who loves to fight, drink and kill. His voice and hair is Michael Wincott as Top Dollar in The Crow basically. Being a ninja is really something I picked up from Uchiha NeVann :P

The current incarnation has lots of elements from Thulsa Doom (story version) and other Robert E. Howard/Lovecraft/Lieber sorcerer types.

Maverick_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

On the subject of Nemaz, since I use him so often now :P

He is inspired from quite a dew sources. His general armor Aesthetics comes from Tom Clancy's Ghost recon. How he fights however, is a lot like Wesker. I imagine him being stupid fast and in conjunction of using his cloak to disappear and give the illusion of him being faster than he actually is. And then there is the constant missile throwing....

A big influence however is generally Assassin's creed. When he's actually armed, he takes a lot after them and his previous outfit looked a modern AC outfit, in essence. He regularly also doesn "Leaps of faith" in which he will dive fearlessly off a building and land below unharmed somehow. Usually his suit or whichever.

A big, big influence on him is Deathstroke. Indeed, I originally had him using a staff as well as combat knives in tandem with advanced weapons. He was in another DCU roleplay I did a while back. His body being based on some research I did on some various SS's, I gave him enhancements and basically made him my good at everything guy. Or almost everything.

However, he is also rooted in real life histories and events. I'll probably try to expand on it but given the hints, might not be too hard for people to actually realize where he is from and what he did, if you want to wikipedia some wars from his region. In that sense he is kinda like Metal Gear inspired in a way, because he and Jackal have ties to real life events.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vivec, Divayth Fyr, Molag Bal, and Odin.

Avatar image for superior_nobody
Superior_Nobody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One of my friends. The thought process begun with asking myself "What would he do if he got Spider-man's powers?". I asked him yesterday and I was right on spot. He would post pictures of himself on instagram and uploading videos to Youtube.

Leon_Newcastle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Leon_Newcastle

The Saint of killers from preacher.

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Elder Scrolls and Dynasty Warriors 6 custom character creations.

Sarah_Mania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jinx, Victor Frankenstein, Tank Girl ^-^

TheFlashFire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jinx, Victor Frankenstein, Tank Girl ^-^

*has terrible flashbacks of fighting jinx*

ThePuzzler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By ThePuzzler

Crash (Hell that's even my nickname in RL) is easily 95% myself, both in personality and speech, while the other 5% is Cassidy from Preacher.

Ultra_Girl_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Ultra_Girl_

Superman

Typemoon

Thor

Sailor Moon

Various Anime

Disney

All for one character O___O

Logan_Davis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Logan_Davis

Sole Survivor (aka Protagonist) of Fallout 4

Chuck Greene from Dead Rising 2

Tom Clancy's: The Division

Cave Johnson from Portal

Dying Light/Far Cry 4

_Drake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Warsman

Avatar image for arnold-the-beast
Arnold-The-Beast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ash from Evil Dead

Doom Guy

Avatar image for deactivated-59c716930b8a6
deactivated-59c716930b8a6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For Asad, it'd have to be Nathan Drake and Grant Ward.

Great_Samson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Newly: Muhammad Ali, The Greatest.

Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Strong Guy

Maverick_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...
  • Ghost Recon
  • Call Of Duty in general
  • Splinter Cell
  • World of Darkness. Hunter: The Vigil Novel. Third Tier Conspiracy: Taskforce VALKRIE
  • Metal Gear Solid in general
  • Metal Gear Rising
  • Crysis
  • Nick Fury
  • Ghost in the Shell
  • Warhammer 40K: Imperium of Man
  • Various muggle vs Mage Arguments
  • Various pieces of concept art
  • Killzone
  • Other things I'm probably forgetting.

A-Friend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maverick_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By Maverick_6

@a-friend said:

@maverick_6: Perhaps Titan fall and UNSC as well?

Nah. Not really.

I never had an Xbox before and never played those games. Always been a playstation kinda guy.

Avatar image for just_an_average_man
Just_an_average_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh yeah. Real life.

I have to be able to trace Maverick's tech back to something, and all of their really futuristic weapons are based on things that in development or at least within theory. Not hypothesis. Theory.

It's just that the range for their actual technology is based on what we can forsee from modern trends and goes as far as a century into real life's future.

Average Man is just straight real weaponry. How many weapons I could cram into a single character.

• Future Weapons TV show
  • Dead Island
  • Troy Burtoise (Guy who made the armor Elliot's armor is based on.)
  • Various Urban reign characters
  • The Punisher