Imperial Chinatown (CVNU Regional Location)

Boss_Matsumoto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

is a neighborhood in Downtown Los Angeles, California that became a commercial center for Chinese and other Asian businesses in Central Los Angeles in 1938. The area includes restaurants, shops and art galleries but also has a residential neighborhood with a low-income, aging population of about 10,000 residents.

The original Chinatown developed in the late 19th century, but it was demolished to make room for Union Station, the city's major ground-transportation center. A separate commercial center, known as "New Chinatown," opened for business in 1938.

There are two schools and a branch library in Chinatown, as well as a city and a state park and a medical center/hospital. Many motion pictures have been filmed in the area.

In the early 1860s, thousands of Chinese men, most of them originating from Guangdong province in southern China, were hired by Central Pacific Railroad Co. to work on the western portion of the first transcontinental railroad. Many of them settled in Los Angeles.

In 1871, nineteen Chinese men and boys were killed by a mob of about five hundred white men in one of the most serious incidents of racial violence that has ever occurred in America's West. This incident became known as "Massacre of 1871".

The first Chinatown, centered on Alameda and Macy Streets, was established in 1880. Reaching its heyday from 1890 to 1910, Chinatown grew to approximately fifteen streets and alleys containing some two hundred buildings. It boasted a Chinese Opera theater, three temples, a newspaper and a telephone exchange. But laws prohibiting most Chinese from citizenship and property ownership, as well as legislation curtailing immigration, inhibited future growth.

From the early 1910s Chinatown began to decline. Symptoms of a corrupt Los Angeles discolored the public's view of Chinatown; gambling houses, opium dens and a fierce tong warfare severely reduced business in the area. As tenants and lessees rather than outright owners, the residents of Old Chinatown were threatened with impending redevelopment, and as a result the owners neglected upkeep of their buildings.[2] Eventually, the entire area was sold and then resold, as entrepreneurs and developers fought the area. After thirty years of decay, a Supreme Court ruling approved condemnation of the area to allow for construction of a major rail terminal, Union Station. Residents were evicted to make room for Union Station, causing the formation of the New Chinatown.

Seven years passed before an acceptable relocation proposal was put into place, situating a new Chinatown in its present location. Old Chinatown was gradually demolished, leaving many businesses without a place to do business and forcing some to close. Nonetheless, a remnant of Old Chinatown persisted into the early 1950s, situated between Union Station and the Old Plaza. Several businesses and a Buddhist temple lined Ferguson Alley, a narrow one-block street running between the Plaza and Alameda.

As late as 1951, structures remained on the east side of the Plaza, including the Lugo House, built in 1838 by the Lugos, a prominent Californio family. In later years it was used by St. Vincent's College, which became Loyola Marymount University. Later still, the Lugo House was rented to Chinese-American tenants who operated shops on the ground floor and a lodging house upstairs. Christine Sterling, the woman behind the Olvera Street and China City projects (described below), argued that remaining buildings of Old Chinatown were an eyesore and advocated the razing of all the remaining structures between the Plaza and Union Station.[7]:244

"The original Chinatown's only remaining edifice is the two-story Garnier Building, once a residence and meeting place for immigrant Chinese," according to Angels Walk – Union Station/El Pueblo/Little Tokyo/Civic Center guide book. The Chinese American Museum is now situated in Garnier Building.

In the late 1950s the covenants on the use and ownership of property were removed, allowing Chinese Americans to live in other neighborhoods and gain access to new types of employment.

"GANGLAND"

In modern times, competing Asian street gangs and organized crime, such as the tongs and the Hong Kong-based triads, continue to plague the metropolitan Chinatowns worldwide where Triads have their operations, Tongs are Chinese secret societies, which were prominent in the 19th and 20th centuries. There have been 'Tong wars' or Chinatown in-fighting, between the Tong groups in the older Chinatowns. A tong war occurred in a Chinatown could be spread to other Chinatown communities. Initially, many Chinatown gangs were formed to defend the community from the lo fahn but later turned on members of their own ethnic community. This had a huge impact on the gang.[

The Chinatowns of the 1960s experiences a rapid influx of working-class immigrants from Hong Kong. Since their inception in the late 1960s, the Hong Kong-born immigrant and mostly unemployed gang members began a campaign of harassment and assault of white tourists in Los Angelas, which ultimately proved to be a predicament for the tourism-minded conservative Chinatown elite of the Chinese Consolidated Benevolent Association (the biggest problem is that the CCBA simply advocated tougher policing against the gangs rather than resolve Chinatown social inequalities at the core). In North America, Chinese American street gangs often have connections with the tongs and triads. Examples of such street gangs include the Joe Boys and Jackson Street Boys, which are named after the major street of San Francisco's Chinatown.

Turf wars have been common in the older CChinatown Gang rivalry among Chinatown gangs has sometimes have a high profile. As Chinatown tend to be tourist attractions, tourists in Chinatown have sometimes been victims of these gang warfare crimes. In 1977, a shoot-out occurred in a San Francisco Chinatown restaurant (where the rival gang were normally based), in which two tourists and three waiters were murdered by stray gunfire in a botched assassination attempt on a Wah Ching gang member. Eleven other people were injured. This incident is notoriously known as the Golden Dragon massacre and it mobilized the LAPD to create an Asian crime unit. The five suspects involved in the attack were sentenced and convicted. On June 30, 1995 involved two factions of the Jackson Street Boys. One faction opened fire on the other on a busy Chinatown street, Stockton Street, during the daytime. Seven innocent bystanders were struck, including a pregnant woman. Three males, ages 18, 16, and 14, were arrested in connection with the shooting.

RULES

• Just your basic location
  • The events of this thread, should mostly remain restricted to China Town, and should not spill out into LA

Boss_Matsumoto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fraga“I used to be an honest man, earned the honest buck. I went to jury duty when summoned; and was once an adamant voter; but all that has come to past.” His guttural voice suggests some regret, but this was an inclination one would not see by examining his unyielding facial features.

He stood 5’6, with transitional hazel eyes, short ebony hair, and clean shaven; adorned in a black pin-striped D&G suit. His inner sanctum filled with the stone sentries known in Chinese Lore as the Terracotta warriors, and a distant raven-haired executive assistant, a woman with a no-nonsense attitude; and only knew pleasure when jamming her blade through the heart of her enemies.

She, like him had grown up on these Los Angeles streets; but as many people already knew, LA and Chinatown weren’t the same city. Chinatown was a cultural melting pot blending the best and worst of Asian culture, many banners flooded this particular region of interest: Yazuka, Triad, Cardinal and his very own Terracotta. Much like the gang wars surrounding these imperial walls; all the clans fought for money, territory and influence, a war that took place on many platforms. What made Chinatown so unique and different from the happenings of the rest of LA were the people—the unaffiliated. Friendly in their day to day actions, respectful and most importantly, Naive

His ascent to the top of the Chinatown hierarchy had not yet reached its climax, but his mute executive assistant was making all these things possible.

“Before I found you, I worked an average job at the Peking Garden Restaurant; and hated my life. As you know I had a wife that cheated on me; and every day I had to look into the eyes of HER son and realize everyday he was not mine. Then you came, and took them away from me; giving me what I realize now was salvation.”

His assistant said nothing; instead she stood tall in a white collared shirt styled with a long black business skirt with her hands cupped in front of her. From her ever changing facial features, he could tell she was clinging to his every syllable as if he were speaking the gospel.

“And now that I have just a slice of this the pie, I am ready to commit to your ambitions. What is it that you want from me?” He asked, watching as she stood intently watching his movements. At the conclusion of his sentence, his assistant walked towards the TV and pointed at a swordsman being displayed on TV.

“It shall be done”

_Priest_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is tight. Mister Negative as an av AND Chinatown......beastmode nicca!

Avatar image for deactivated-60322c75112c3
deactivated-60322c75112c3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boss_matsumoto:

Someone had contacted him, summoned him to Chinatown but remained anonymous. The Samurai Saint therefore, remained alert and on his guard despite complying with the enigmatic request. His curiosity had at the very least, been piqued. After all, perhaps this could lead to a set of events that would bring him within reach of some temporal portal to return him to the past, to the Edo Period of Japan where he belonged and left much. Or perhaps this anonymous person was the one who had sent the mysterious Japanese katana that clung to him since his emergence from the portal that spat him from the past into the future present. It was after all, the most anomalous object he had ever come across.

While he spent the majority of his time acquainting his mind with the scientific discoveries, theories and artistic revolutions of the future, he still could not grasp just what this sword was. He did not know that it was not even composed of atoms and molecules. He did not know that the sword was a programming glitch in the information fabric of the universe. That because of what it was, it was quite possibly impossible to destroy. He just knew one thing, it could cut through anything. Like a glitch, it affected the system it inhabited in ways that were not possible according to the system's design. This effect was the ability to cut through anything. While he hoped that he was being provided some means of returning to the past, he would not be disappointed to finally uncover the mystery behind his sword.

And so the beautiful Samurai Saint arrived. A black kimono with an unblemished twin fitted over it adorned Sosuke's tall, lean but sculpted physique. His sheathed katana meanwhile, was held tight by the grip of his white obi sash. His hair, a long, captivating fountain of liquid ebony was styled in a man-bun as his features, mesmeric in their perfection, and alluring in their beauty, held an expression of measured poise as an air of seductive mystique and charming affability hung around him. He waited in silence, standing in the street corner where his anonymous contact had claimed he/she would be present.

Avatar image for deactivated-6030568ceeb29
deactivated-6030568ceeb29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Will have something up shortly

Boss_Matsumoto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fraga:

The Imperial Terracotta sat in the back of his immaculately waxed black stretch limousine puffing a freshly clipped Partagas De Lux cigar. His transitional hazel eyes surveyed the small three four blocks that made up his territory while the stringent aroma of his cigar settled on his seats like soot. In truth he had no idea why his professional confidant saw fit to summon the man of interest, it could’ve been a simple blood transaction that ended with the death of said man; but his tactics proved to be too much for her.

“Stop here” He said tapping his loyal driver. As the car smoothly came to a halt, the Imperial Dragon fastened a button on his suit before stepping into the busy Chinatown sidewalks. His skin was like that of a picture negative, incandescent white with a thick black rim. Strolling to the man out of time, Kenji stuffed his hands half-way into his pockets before releasing an arrogant smirk.

“Well aren’t you a little stereotype” He said, feeling the presence of his mute assistant take her position at his side. “Excuse Mr.Sosuke, we spoke over the phone, my name; well that is of no importance.” He said moving to the Peaking Garden restaurant in which he intended to eat.

“We believe You have a weapon that I’m willing to pay a rather large sum for. May I see the blade?” He asked, noticing his usually mute assistant taking a peculiar interest in the blade.

TheFlashFire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TheFlashFire

Def coming here when I feel like doing something casual.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boss_matsumoto:

For a moment, the Samurai Saint's cool, pale blue eyes meet those of his anonymous contact. That the man's entire color scheme was the apparent inverse often showcased in photo-editing struck him as odd. But in a world teeming with every manner of super-powered individual, few things were truly odd. Offering the nameless man a mild but cordial inclination of the head despite his contact's impolite, opening words, Sosuke then offered the same to the mute woman who seemed focused, and almost drooling over his sheathed blade. A monetary reward wasn't really something that piqued his interest, but if he could somehow use that money to uncover means of time travel, then perhaps its value wouldn't be entirely artificial to him.

As an expression of measured composure fell upon his beautiful features, Sosuke met the man's request with reasonable compliance. "Very well", his soothing, low voice agreed, its mesmeric timbre echoing in the air. First holding his sword's scarab in place with one hand, the Samurai Saint next coiled his other hand around his katana's hilt and drew his sword with a style and flair that dripped with poised magnetism. He did not however, hand the sword over. Instead he held it, his grip strong while he held the blade before them for the unknown party to, as they requested, 'see' it. The katana's blade was curved, slender and boasted a single edge. Yet it was entirely unblemished despite the rigors of battle it had already faced since coming into the Ronin's possession.

Its blade was a brilliant white that could blind the unprepared eye as it reflected sunlight without pause. Its guard was circular, and its grip long. "I am not interested in personal wealth", Sosuke informed, "I am interested in time travel. Give me that, and you can have the sword". As difficult as his request was, those were his terms. Some means of time travel in exchange for the sword. "Unless you have a better offer". Though he made no mention of it, so as not to seem discourteous, it was rather odd that the woman who seemed so intent on coming into possession of the sword, hadn't spoken a single word. Opting not to dwell on the thought too much, Sosuke concluded that she may be disabled in some manner. She was enigmatic, though he had managed to deduce one thing.

She had to be the mind, the voice of authority behind this arrangement due to the simple fact that while it was the oddly colored man who spoke and made demands, his interest in the sword seemed superficial at best, the woman meanwhile seemed far more interested, as if the entire encounter was arranged to sate her desire to lay eyes on the mysterious blade.

Avatar image for tassiana_pettis
Tassiana_Pettis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

(>____> Tassi want's to come here and eat a fortune cookie! MAKE IT HAPPEN MOM AND DAD :P)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#11 Feral Nova  Moderator

@fraga: (We can stop for Chinese food here before going to space together! :P)

Boss_Matsumoto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fraga:

@fraga: You'll never catch Ziccarra dead in a place like this lol

As the temporal ronin showcased the mysterious blade his eyes shift toward the ebony haired vixen, she eyed the blade only for a moment; before batting her eye in approval. “You say this blade is not for sell my friend?” He asked, knowing only from the books he’s read on the subject and matter.

“In China, shortly before the rise of the Hans; there lived a Queen obsessed with occult practices. The Queen wanted to ensure her spirit lived forever so she cursed three legendary blades and locked her spirit within a mystical pedestal guarded by the Yellow River itself.” He said tentatively; watching as the mute assistant placed his Egg Foo Yun at the table in preparation for his meal.

“I happen to know that two of the blades are missing, but there third seems to have vanished from the history books. My assistant here seems to think by some supernatural force you have inherited the 3rd mystical weapon. This means, the evil spirit of the Green Dragon has latched to you like a symbiote.”

It was at that moment that his lovely mute assistant took her position to his right with her hands folded in front of her. Despite her seemingly timid appearance; she was dead set on obtaining his blade even if it means killing him.

“So there’s nothing we can do to relieve you of this blade?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boss_matsumoto: (LOL Alexis will come alone with Tassi ;P)

Resting his gaze on the Japanese katana as he registered the nameless man's words, Sosuke's expression shifted from relaxed and tame to one of earnest pensiveness. He examined the sword's blade yet his mind could not decide on what to think. Was this man speaking the truth? Or was it some elaborate lie? Deceit and verbal trickery to persuade him into relinquishing possession of the sword. If the sword was truly cursed, there was no point in retaining possession of it, especially if the curse would somehow prevent him from returning to his own time. The man however, had made clear that the sword was valuable, and clearly to the mute woman who accompanied him, it was.

Perhaps they sought to deceive him, aware that he would not relinquish possession of the mysterious katana. It had served him well since it appeared to him. It allowed him to cut and slice through anything. "Hm...", returning his gaze to his anonymous acquaintance, Sosuke sheathed his sword with characteristic cool and nonchalant flair. "Prove to me that this... curse is real, and I will relinquish possession of the sword".

Arquitenens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Los Angeles!

Avatar image for lebreau_liafador
Lebreau_Liafador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Lebreau_Liafador

@fraga: Didn't realize you posted, will have something up shortly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Black Solace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ha! I just thought of something so epically epic. I have to tell nova lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ha! I just thought of something so epically epic. I have to tell nova Impero lol

:D

Avatar image for deactivated-603054d50af47
deactivated-603054d50af47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fraga:

His eyes dart toward his assistant; she repelled his look with an almost paralyzing scowl. “Well M’dear you know what to do.” He said, cutting into his food leaving the rest of the transaction to his lovely assistant. “I’m sorry there was no real easy way to do this.” He said taking his chop sticks to his mouth.

The mute woman released an impish grin before using a chopstick to pin her ridiculously long hair into a similar bun. “Kill him” Matsumoto commanded prompting hidden members of his Terracotta clan disguised as customers to charge the misplaced samurai.

As the fodder lashed towards Sosuke, the executive assistant took her customized katana from her employer and waited for a moment to strike. Elegantly cutting the top of her forehead, she lightly positioned her blade in the front to trigger the “curse” sleeping deep within the elements of his blade.

Like her handler, her story was an enigma; she lived through her entire life not uttering a single word. Her silence wasn’t an ailment, but a vow; a vow to silence until the lock on her ancestral heritage was broke—until the real spirit of Y intercept was resurrected.

“Attack” He said coolly stuffing his face full of noodles, on his command the assistant launched two poisonous stars in his direction; taking off behind them, she dropped into a slide before pushing off her back-hand to send a powerful kick into his gut.

“You did ask me to prove it” the Matusumoto said, using a napkin to wipe his lips.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@y_intercept:

The nonchalance showcased by the Samurai Saint's nameless acquaintance while he issued an order for the Ronin's death did little to trouble or alarm him. Sosuke had been in identical situations more times than he could count. The shogunate from the Edo Period had employed a large number of ruses and disguised bounty hunters and highwaymen as an attempt on the Samurai Saint's life. They had all failed. And he was certain that this one would as well. Much ran through Sosuke's mind as he readied himself, mentally and physically. Composure and poise despite the pressure of his situation settled on his alluring features as a combination of superhuman senses ranging from extreme dermal sensitivity to electro/magnetoreception flared into activity, warning him.

They were almost instantaneous in alerting Sosuke to the minute vibrations generated by the minuscule but not indiscernible activity of the Terracotta clansmen's muscle fibers. The Samurai Saint did not move. He didn't have to. Instead, he first harnessed the power of his photokinesis and seized the photons that bounced off of their environment, preventing them all from reaching the back of the clansmen's eyes, blinding them as they now sunk into a world of darkness. Coolly moving himself from their path, Sosuke watched, as the clansmen, instead of their initial target, cut themselves down in a confused frenzy. Returning his attention to the man and woman, Sosuke's features remained calm as his entire dermis acted as a sensor for the ambient energies of... everything.

The reflective signatures of the hurled, poisonous stars were detected prior to their launch. Hopping onto his back-foot before stepping to his right as he circled out of the projectiles' range, Sosuke unfortunately, fell prey to their nature as a simple distraction as the mute woman's foot rammed into the pit of his stomach. Hunching forward as he slid several feet back, his features conveying the registered pain with a wince, Sosuke briefly hugged his gut, fighting off the ache that afflicted it before rising to his full height, crystal blue eyes resting only on the woman. Little did he know, the curse had been unleashed and he was now its victim, and in due time, it would claim him. "And what have you proven?", Sosuke inquired, unconvinced. "That she can fight?".

shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

@fraga:

“No, that you are indeed the bearer of the cursed weapon” He said, pointing to the ominous illumination of the blade. Through the brief intermission the mute assistant never dropped her guard, she stood with silently watching the rest of the interaction with vigilance; her almond shaped eyes surveyed his every movement, periodically she’d feint a move to halt his progression.

“That she can, but I’ve proven that the blade you carry; carries the curse of Y-intercept. Now that it’s been activated, you’ll find yourself at the mercy of the demon queen Y-intercept.” Rising to his feet the inverse man begin to wipe the residue from the corners of his mouth before taking a position next to his assistant.

“She will eat at you, suggest things. Make you susceptible to all kinds of horrors; and then once you’ve played the role of puppet. She’ll consume your soul.”

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shanana:

While the man's mute assistant feinted a movement or to with the intention of barricading any potential escape route that the time displaced Ronin might select, the man himself offered greater clarity behind their motives. "This Y-Intercept..", Sosuke began, his expression relaxed but uncharacteristically stern as he spoke to both the man and his assistant, "You say she will seize not only my mind but consume my spirit?", he paused, allowing his words to linger in the air for a moment before resuming, "Then there is no point in this sword remaining in my possession". Coiling his fingers around the sword's hilt, the Samurai Saint drew the blade with mesmeric style and flair.

Allowing the crystal blue pearls of his eyes to rest on the sword's single-edged, curved blade, Sosuke grew silent, his gaze holding a weapon that had served him well without a single blink. "This will only derail me from my original path", which was returning to the past where he opposed and defied the Edo shogunate. "Here then", he paused, tossing the sword to the feet of the mute assistant, "It is yours".

Avatar image for deactivated-603054d50af47
deactivated-603054d50af47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fraga:

The moment the cursed blade met her finger tips, the oriental assistant became overwhelmed with vast amounts of energy. Her body slumped to one side; as her piercing gaze never left the crystal blue eyes of the ronin. Slinging the blade around her back, her eyes cant toward the reverse man, another impish smile crept along her face; as he handed her a vial of opium.

“I already activated the curse my poor boy” She said, taking the vial to her nose. Straining a bit her porcelain face gradually began to turn red; as her drug begin to run its course. “You told me to prove it, and I did” She said, extending her hands to try to wake the residual demon that parted itself when she activated it.

“We are both heralds of the demon queen”

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@y_intercept:

Though the woman's words implied that the curse had been cast and could not be reversed, Sosuke maintained his composure. His heart did not skip a beat, nor did his breathing grow erratic. His was a pacified spirit. He was measured, poised under pressure. Because few things in this world were impossible. Having been flung across time, it was something he had learned in one of the most unforgiving ways possible. "I see", he spoke, his tame gaze resting on the woman's predatory eyes as an expression of quiet certainty fell upon his beautiful features. Internally, he had already resolved to uncover some manner of undoing the curse. He would not worry until the last second.

Until then, he would try and try and try. Nothing of value in life came facilely. And his freedom was invaluable. With nothing more to say to either the woman or the man, the Samurai Saint's steps brought him towards the restaurant's doors as he was intent on departing. If he was to free himself of the curse, there was little time to waste.

Avatar image for deactivated-6030568ceeb29
deactivated-6030568ceeb29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fraga: we will meet again lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 12

THIS IS AWESOME HOW HAVE I NOT SEEN THIS TILL NOW!!!

Avatar image for leonardo_liafador
Leonardo_Liafador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I should actually visit here IRL, lived in L.A whole life and never been here