• 83 results
#1 Edited by Icarusflies (12505 posts) - - Show Bio

Welcome to the Idea Factory! A place of bizarrity and fun!

This is basically a place to get help and feedback with character designs, powers, personality traits, etc. Pretty much make your new or old character the best they can be. Leave a comment asking for feedback, either in this thread or through PM. Whoever's interested can help out.

If you want someone's help in particular (hint hint), just use the @reply. I know that the person you just messaged (hint) would be THRILLED to help out.

<_<

This is also a place where you can just test out your character in the patented Idea Grounds. Set up a mini situation, see if it feels right, if not, back to the drawing board!

DO NOT STEAL IDEAS FROM OTHER USERS!!!! I shouldn't have to say this, but DO NOT DO IT!

#2 Posted by Ren_ (1678 posts) - - Show Bio

AWESOME

#3 Posted by Urban_Ronin (9935 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool idea.

#4 Posted by _Creed_ (4627 posts) - - Show Bio

Feedback and ideas for Creed, don't need to be gentle XD

#5 Posted by Maximus_Newcastle (1797 posts) - - Show Bio

@_Creed_: I dig the personality. Looking forward to seeing how you write him fighting

#6 Posted by Clara Mass (8065 posts) - - Show Bio

Should I switch up the way I describe my character's appearance or does that even matter? O.o

#7 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18857 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll for sure be using this! :D

#8 Edited by Soothing_Sounds (1718 posts) - - Show Bio

Thinking about making a new start on the CVNU (maybe i'll stay longer than just three months at a time.) Anyways, i'm thinking about making a few different characters.

#1 John Cisco aka Cisco : an old school western type character, who has been put into the future via cryostasis. He'll be a cowboy essentially, and he'll have the look and a bit of the attitude of Cisco kid. Strict, rugged, with a quick draw and great accuracy type of traits and abilities going for him. He'll have the whole, "this is a new world with new people" type of thing going for him, as well as not being afraid to kill.

#2 Vernon Benton aka Drug: A mutant raised in Jaimaca. He'll be a kind character, with empathetic abilities off the charts. He'll be able to not only remove, shift, sense, and alter emotions, but it will be more than just a mental thing. He'll be able to control the chemicals in the brain, such as dopamine. He'll convert ones sadness into his, and push his happiness into their lives, and vice versa. He'll also have an addiction to marijuana due to his powers (unlike Joey, his will be a problem, not a habit).

#3 Starchild: (the "funnest" one i guess you could say). He'll have been created by stars, cosmic power, and funk by the guy in the sky called Dr Funkenstein. He'll be a high leveled character mostly proficient in energy manipulation and pure physcical prowess (no Matter manipulation, but i was thinking about giving him some TP) He'll be as cool and as funky as it gets, with a funky look. He'll also be the one with the most easily referable history to work with (Clones of Dr. Funkenstein, Mothership connection, and i think tales of Dr Funkenstein all tell a story circling around, well, Dr Funkenstein among other things, including Starchild).

Each character will have many blogs, Cisco's being diaries on his past life. Vernon's being about his father (their powers oddly have very similar characteristics) and what he learned from the man. And Starchild's just being about galactic adventures with others who are on the "Mothership".

So anybody have thoughts on these three characters and which one i should pick?

#9 Posted by 614azrael (10319 posts) - - Show Bio

@Soothing_Sounds: I like #1 and if wanted could see if a dimension traveling team would be game for adding you.

Reaver CVnU Idea

Probably going to do it anyways but thought I'd put it here get some feedback. Reaver is the daughter of Death and had been reaking havoc in Hell for centuries. After years of brutal conflict the angel Gabriel locked her away in a alternate plane in hell. It was here that the demon would stay until she could fill nine collesium like locations with blood. It could even be hers, but it could not be shed by her. So it was that Reaver starts the HellFire Championship, she is now near breaking the curse upon her.

HFC is going to be a tournament similar in a way to Mortal Kombat

#10 Posted by .Ajax. (2486 posts) - - Show Bio

Excellent idea!!!

I would like to say that something should be added to the OP. Any idea's people come up with, should not be "stolen" from another user. If you like an idea somebody else has and they don't end up using it, I would suggest messaging them and asking if you can use it.

I say that because I've had ideas before and after voicing my opinion a character shows up a few days later mirroring my exact idea and it can be frustrating at times.

#11 Posted by Rumble Man (11118 posts) - - Show Bio

@614azrael: HFC sounds fun, and it has nine stages?

#12 Posted by Icarusflies (12505 posts) - - Show Bio

@.Ajax. said:

Excellent idea!!!

I would like to say that something should be added to the OP. Any idea's people come up with, should not be "stolen" from another user. If you like an idea somebody else has and they don't end up using it, I would suggest messaging them and asking if you can use it.

I say that because I've had ideas before and after voicing my opinion a character shows up a few days later mirroring my exact idea and it can be frustrating at times.

Really? I would have thought that was obvious...but I'll add it anyway.

#13 Posted by 614azrael (10319 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rumble Man: Probably wont see them all in the 1st but yes

#14 Posted by .Ajax. (2486 posts) - - Show Bio

@Icarusflies

I thought it was obvious as well until I had an idea of mine, pretty well word for word taken and turned into a character. I took it as coincidence or just the one guy that wouldn't ask but it has happened several times since.

#15 Posted by Icarusflies (12505 posts) - - Show Bio

@.Ajax.: Who did it? (You can answer in PM if you want)

#16 Posted by .Ajax. (2486 posts) - - Show Bio

@Icarusflies

Honestly, it's just a strong assumption as to who it is as I confronted them on both their main account and the copied idea from me and he never did respond. And it is a person that has made characters similar to others and claims to have been the original.

#17 Posted by nU_Kovak (127 posts) - - Show Bio

Walks in. Steals all ideas. Leaves.

#18 Posted by _Sojourn_ (19296 posts) - - Show Bio
@Icarusflies what do you think of Visage?
#19 Posted by .Ajax. (2486 posts) - - Show Bio

So I have a few ideas where I want to go with Ajax and need some opinions:

Just totally invulnerable with no super strength

-flying brick

-grounded brick (monster or human looking?)

#20 Posted by Ishin (6831 posts) - - Show Bio

@.Ajax. said:

-flying brick

Can't lie, this would be interesting to see. The perfect defense but no offense LOL.

#21 Posted by .Ajax. (2486 posts) - - Show Bio

@Impero

I could pull it off better than the rest I think haha. Describing travel powers is probably my biggest weakness as a writer. Jumping like the Hulk is relatively doable if I have to, flying on the other hand I find quite challenging. Often times I often find myself writing a street-leveler and don't ever realize it and then have to go back and start writing over again haha.

I still want to be the vine's tough guy, that's my goal ;)

#22 Posted by JohnMetro (35 posts) - - Show Bio

How did I miss this thread? Hurm, oh well, I'll be posting here a lot more in a bit...

#23 Posted by Tranquil (3713 posts) - - Show Bio

@.Ajax. said:

-flying brick

I think I already commented on this but not sure what I told you so, let's go with numero uno.

#24 Posted by Icarusflies (12505 posts) - - Show Bio

@_Sojourn_: I don't know anything about them...what's their basic info?

#25 Posted by Tranquil (3713 posts) - - Show Bio

Want to take my character out of the mercenary game and into big business. Thing is, I need a cool way to take him from a financially strong to wealthy.

Help?

#26 Posted by Captain_Starheart (58 posts) - - Show Bio

@Tranquil said:

Want to take my character out of the mercenary game and into big business. Thing is, I need a cool way to take him from a financially strong to wealthy.

Help?

Gets a big contract with a company and ends up blackmailing the CEO in order to take his cash/place.

#27 Posted by .Ajax. (2486 posts) - - Show Bio

@Tranquil

Any reason why you pick number one?

Also a suggestion for you're character.

Instead of just being a merc, create Private Military Company...very very wealthy business. Look them up on google.

#28 Posted by Alchemax_7 (347 posts) - - Show Bio

When you teleporting it's like TIVo when you delete things. " Are you sure you would like to Teleport to this destination?" "YES!!"

#29 Posted by _Cain_ (23670 posts) - - Show Bio

@614azrael said:

@Soothing_Sounds: I like #1 and if wanted could see if a dimension traveling team would be game for adding you.

Reaver CVnU Idea

Probably going to do it anyways but thought I'd put it here get some feedback. Reaver is the daughter of Death and had been reaking havoc in Hell for centuries. After years of brutal conflict the angel Gabriel locked her away in a alternate plane in hell. It was here that the demon would stay until she could fill nine collesium like locations with blood. It could even be hers, but it could not be shed by her. So it was that Reaver starts the HellFire Championship, she is now near breaking the curse upon her.

HFC is going to be a tournament similar in a way to Mortal Kombat

Wait, An Exiles type team? I'd like this...

#30 Posted by Kamikaze_ (901 posts) - - Show Bio

Any feedback or suggestions about my character is very welcomed

#31 Posted by Kiddevil (7488 posts) - - Show Bio

@Tranquil: You could train guys that do personal security. Like you could train people to fight supernatural attackers or street level super humans. I thought it sounded cool and it would pay really well.

#32 Posted by .Ajax. (2486 posts) - - Show Bio

@kiddevil said:

@Tranquil: You could train guys that do personal security. Like you could train people to fight supernatural attackers or street level super humans. I thought it sounded cool and it would pay really well.

Or even create a prison for regular humans or super humans or both where the guards are powered beings to provide extra security?

#33 Posted by Kiddevil (7488 posts) - - Show Bio

@.Ajax. said:

@kiddevil said:

Or even create a prison for regular humans or super humans or both where the guards are powered beings to provide extra security?

Nice idea but creating a prison would most likely exhaust his funds instead of increasing them. Especially if he has to employ SANE super-powers prison guards.

#34 Posted by .Ajax. (2486 posts) - - Show Bio

@kiddevil

Good point...unless he pulls off something similar to the Death Race movies. Events where inmates fight like in gladiatorial days.

#35 Posted by Kiddevil (7488 posts) - - Show Bio

@.Ajax.: The prison would have to be an unofficial prison then. You'd be arrested yourself cause of a bunch of laws about how inhumane it is. (which sucks cause it would be awesome)

#36 Posted by .Ajax. (2486 posts) - - Show Bio

@kiddevil said:

@.Ajax.: The prison would have to be an unofficial prison then. You'd be arrested yourself cause of a bunch of laws about how inhumane it is. (which sucks cause it would be awesome)

It could be figured out and could work in some way. After all this is a comic book website where anything is possible lol

#37 Posted by Kiddevil (7488 posts) - - Show Bio

@.Ajax. said:

@kiddevil said:

It could be figured out and could work in some way. After all this is a comic book website where anything is possible lol

Maybe a prison under a prison? A normal prison on top of a superhuman prison so technically its legal and government sponsored. People could pay him to contain people that couldn't be contained elsewhere. That could world. So he cut away some money that was given to fund the prison and pockets it, and locks down anyone he's payed to?

#38 Posted by Zauberin (4356 posts) - - Show Bio

I want feedback on all my characters!

Actually, I may come here with an idea later on. Because there've been a few things on my mind, and I may have just made room for another.

#39 Posted by .Ajax. (2486 posts) - - Show Bio

@kiddevil

That works as well lol! A bit more complicated and complex but certainly doable.

#40 Posted by Kiddevil (7488 posts) - - Show Bio

@.Ajax.: Well I ran into that problem that he wants money and doesn't want arrested.

#41 Posted by .Ajax. (2486 posts) - - Show Bio

@kiddevil

Private Military Company than haha.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Private_military_company

#42 Posted by Tranquil (3713 posts) - - Show Bio

I like those ideas a lot.

#43 Posted by The_Hooligan (97 posts) - - Show Bio

A think a rebel is a bit generic, I like the tone that it brings across, but I'd like to expand the character a bit.

Any ideas?

#44 Edited by Yaiba (294 posts) - - Show Bio
@The_Hooligan: A rebel as in a terrorist rebel fighting for change? I think we don't actually get many of those.

Wait, no. I think I understand what you mean.
#45 Posted by The_Hooligan (97 posts) - - Show Bio

@Yaiba: Actually the phrase "Urban Terrorist" sounds like an interesting way to put it. I can see that working, thanks. :D

#46 Posted by Yaiba (294 posts) - - Show Bio

Well. I guess I've got it and I just didn't know.

#47 Posted by Frenemy (1240 posts) - - Show Bio

I posted this idea on the vice side of the river to see if it would help invigorate their community but I'll share it here too. I'm working on an RPG that would function similarly to a Free-To-Roam video game. Sort of like GTA or Skyrim I think it's called. It'll be similar to the Invasion and Injustice RPG's but none of the posts made in the thread are going to be required to help move the story or help develop any key characters involved, and anyone who does want to participate in the locale's designated plot and history won't be pressured into keeping a certain pace since the plot may never really see an 'end'. It might just be designed to be an on-going story like a cartoon or show.

#48 Posted by .Ajax. (2486 posts) - - Show Bio

@Frenemy

I would enjoy this very much. Make it a fantasy world where anything can exist...giants, trolls, werewolves, centaurs, and all that fun stuff. Of if you want to make it really unique, create a world, give it a name and than all of the things in that world are created by writers....like user generated content for games.

You add that place/species/or whatever it is to the OP through use of their description and our own world gets created.

#49 Posted by Frenemy (1240 posts) - - Show Bio

@.Ajax.: Gosh, that would be great lol thanks for sharing that : )

#50 Posted by .Ajax. (2486 posts) - - Show Bio

@Frenemy

Not a problem! :) That's what I'm here for ;)