• 87 results
#1 Edited by Izaiah (5199 posts) - - Show Bio

I noticed some time ago that AnimeVice RPGers set up a wiki for their characters some time ago (though it looks somewhat abandoned at the moment).

Would anyone besides me be up for making a wiki for the CV Universe and such? I think it could be fun.

Thoughts, opinions and brainstorming go here.

#2 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18855 posts) - - Show Bio

Why didn't we think of this sooner? lol i like it :D

#3 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

I can see anyone being able to edit being an issue. Trolling wouldn't be hard. Maybe set it up where someone needs to confirm who they are on CV when they make an account to edit the wiki?

#4 Posted by Kiddevil (7488 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice idea Wando.

#5 Posted by Shanana (53023 posts) - - Show Bio

I love the idea but if you do make one don't include ne

#6 Posted by Icarusflies (12503 posts) - - Show Bio

@Izaiah: I would honestly not like that for any of my characters. I'd actually be pretty mad if anyone put anything up involving any of them. I think a wiki would end up being a total mess, with everyone trying to increase their characters prominence to godhood, or whatever.

#7 Posted by Izaiah (5199 posts) - - Show Bio
@Decoy Elite: I had thought of setting it up on Wikia.com, and restricting edit priviliges to registered users shouldn't be hard (which is what I had planned too).
#8 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio
@Izaiah: Does Wikia make it where you have to approve an account?
#9 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ziccarra_Liafador said:
I love the idea but if you do make one don't include ne
@Icarusflies said:

@Izaiah: I would honestly not like that for any of my characters. I'd actually be pretty mad if anyone put anything up involving any of them. I think a wiki would end up being a total mess, with everyone trying to increase their characters prominence to godhood, or whatever.

Heh, there goes more than half the characters on CV. 
#10 Posted by Antonio_Blackheart (1542 posts) - - Show Bio

great idea go for it

#11 Posted by Izaiah (5199 posts) - - Show Bio
@Icarusflies said:

I don't really see that happening, TBH.  They'd have to cite sources (canon RPGs) if they want to make outrageous claims about their characters.
Also...@Ziccarra_Liafador:  Why not? :0
@Decoy Elite: I think that setting exists, but I'm not sure.  I know MediaWiki (the platform) supports that option.
#12 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio
@Izaiah: Well hope it does, because otherwise you'll meet the new user Mr.Balls as he posts about his character Captain Testicle the greatest character on Earth. :P
#13 Posted by _Cain_ (23670 posts) - - Show Bio

Now if we can only write our own pages how the hell will influential legends like DC or Sha or even not so active users like gambler who have been responsible for all those RPG's and stories get they're stories told? Will someone else write they're pages?

#14 Posted by Izaiah (5199 posts) - - Show Bio
@shadowknight666: I reckon you could write pages for others' characters if you get their permission to do so.
#15 Posted by _Cain_ (23670 posts) - - Show Bio

@Izaiah: But using DC as an example there's no way in hell we can contact them.

#16 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone can write my characters pages if they so wish, although I haven't had nearly a large enough effect on the Vine for it to matter all that much. 

#17 Posted by Izaiah (5199 posts) - - Show Bio
@shadowknight666: Last time I checked, wall posts and PMs worked fine :p
If a person has been absent for a significantly long time, just use your (or someone else's) best judgement.  If you think they'd find a wiki page about their characters (or other creations) objectionable, don't make one.
#18 Posted by _Cain_ (23670 posts) - - Show Bio

@Izaiah: Alright but if they go on a permanent leave we have to do something.

#19 Posted by cly (15458 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it's a good idea that could turn out great, but it also has the chance of taking a turn for the worse if someone edits out of hand.

#20 Posted by Honor_Finesse (270 posts) - - Show Bio

@shadowknight666 said:

If you need to contact DC about something, PM me (DH).

#21 Posted by Raptorus (354 posts) - - Show Bio
@Honor_Finesse said:

@shadowknight666 said:

He too important to talk to us common folk? I see how it is. 
#22 Posted by Honor_Finesse (270 posts) - - Show Bio

@Raptorus said:

@Honor_Finesse said:

@shadowknight666 said:

He too important to talk to us common folk? I see how it is.

Pretty much.

It's actually because I have his MSN and phone number ;)

#23 Posted by Raptorus (354 posts) - - Show Bio
@Honor_Finesse: Sneaky devil. 
#24 Posted by Honor_Finesse (270 posts) - - Show Bio

@Raptorus: Always xD

#25 Posted by .Longshot. (5264 posts) - - Show Bio

This idea has my full support.

#26 Posted by The_Puzzler (6455 posts) - - Show Bio
@.Longshot. said:

I concur!
#27 Posted by .Longshot. (5264 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Puzzler said:

@.Longshot. said:

I concur!

Resplendent!

#28 Posted by Aeron_Glyndwr (1294 posts) - - Show Bio

@.Longshot. said:

@The_Puzzler said:

@.Longshot. said:

I concur!

Resplendent!

Indubitably!

#29 Posted by The_Mercenary (1895 posts) - - Show Bio

If you make this thing. I won't say why, but I want you to please exclude all of my characters from this. Thank you.

Mercenary, OMEGA, Knightwing, Fade, Rodent, Reflector, D_E_A_T_H(The Team Account), Crowman(Although I've never used him and he has no canon RPG's)

#30 Posted by Honor_Finesse (270 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Mercenary: >:(

#31 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio
@Honor_Finesse said:

Maybe he just doesn't want his ideas floating around on the internet to get stolen?  

Nothing wrong with that. 
#32 Posted by The_Mercenary (1895 posts) - - Show Bio

@Decoy Elite said:

@Honor_Finesse said:

Maybe he just doesn't want his ideas floating around on the internet to get stolen? Nothing wrong with that.

Somewhat true, thank you DE. Sorry, DH.

#33 Posted by Izaiah (5199 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly, I'm not sure why people expect their characters and/or ideas to be stolen just because they're on a wiki..after all, this site, in itself, is (or has) a wiki, if idea theft can happen on Wikia, surely it can happen to characters on here as well.

#34 Posted by Fatal (2072 posts) - - Show Bio

It's a great idea. The only real problem I see with people actually being committed enough to create articles for it so that it is informative and not full of information holes.

#35 Posted by The Recon (1404 posts) - - Show Bio

It´s a great idea! Though I do not think that my character is well suited for the Wikia. Don´t ask why, I don´t know why either. >.<

#36 Posted by The_Mercenary (1895 posts) - - Show Bio

@Izaiah: It's not that. It's for my own personal reasons that I would rather choose not to discuss. Sorry, and thank you.

#37 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

Images would be a problem.  

Don't think it'd be write to use art of other characters and most people don't have art of their own characters. 

#38 Posted by Izaiah (5199 posts) - - Show Bio
@Decoy Elite said:
Images would be a problem.   Don't think it'd be write to use art of other characters and most people don't have art of their own characters. 
Using pics from sites like deviantART would definitely not be allowed (unless it's clear that the original artist doesn't mind), but if it's from comics and/or TV series and stuff, I'm not sure what the problem would be.  I reckon one would have to put disclaimers on the pictures' description pages in any event, and preferably list source and (if applicable) original artist.
#39 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio
@Izaiah: If you think that's enough then have at it.  

Although it does raise to the question of what characters don't really have a look.  

What do you do about them? Just use no pictures?
#40 Posted by Izaiah (5199 posts) - - Show Bio
@Decoy Elite: I could be wrong though...I'm no expert on copyright law >_>
I suppose.  What else can you do with them, eh?
#41 Edited by EdwardWindsor (14428 posts) - - Show Bio

idea is great , i support it.

Heck i would even be happy to help out with set up.

#42 Posted by .Longshot. (5264 posts) - - Show Bio

@Honor Woman said:

@.Longshot. said:

@The_Puzzler said:

@.Longshot. said:

I concur!

Resplendent!

Indubitably!

A woman after my own heart! And my vocabulary!

#43 Posted by Honor Avenger (407 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a pretty good idea. Of course we need to sort out some things like who is allowed to post and whatnot but the general idea is simply awesome. I support it, if necessary even with a bit of work (but nothing like full-time dedication, more like a bit of work here and there).

#44 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

I think we need this Wiki so I can troll the hell out of DH. It would be so much fun. :)

#45 Posted by Andy Steven Summers (5234 posts) - - Show Bio

Sounds like a great idea Wands, but also sounds like a ton of work. That does not really go over well here. One big hurdle that I could see hindering this, or hurting it. Is how often stuff is changed, even just individual characters. Power sets, history, etc. It's hard enough just to get people to have a Bio for their character here on the Vine. Let alone do additional work. I came to the conclusion for the Vine that anything 'complicated' tends to not work well here.

#46 Posted by _Hawk_ (2058 posts) - - Show Bio

I honestly think this will never work.

#47 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio
@_Hawk_ said:

I honestly think this will never work.

It could work. Be really hard to get off the ground, but it could if enough people chip in.  

Although that depends on what you think it takes for it to "work".
#48 Posted by The Hunter (7566 posts) - - Show Bio

It's brilliant.

Make it happen.

#49 Posted by Hi_Voltage (488 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it would be an awesome idea, only problem is only allowing certain people to make changes or add characters. Im sure rpgers that are no longer around such as Mighty Mags, Fourpower, Walkingstone, Lady T, Obi Wan and such wont appreciate it if some noob grabs a hold of their characters wiki and just trashes it or writes it out to the point where its not their character and arnt around to protect their characters while others such as ourselves are still around. but overall i think its a cool idea.

#50 Posted by Kiddevil (7488 posts) - - Show Bio
@Hi_Voltage: The old man (gambler) could probably write a wiki for them if we were allowed and like every one knows obi and its likely some one would have his email or something. :{ mustache man :)