Iberian Empire

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By lady_liberty

@Impero: 'I'd like a large supply of Trion if possible, some semiconductor impurities, superconducters, and ion traps if possible.'

Pleased, smiling. This was the start of a fruitful endeavor. The League was unlikely to blow up this lab.

Ishin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By Ishin

@_Creed_: "I see", Impero paused, "You smiled at her mention. I dare say you're attracted to the woman", he chuckled smugly.

@Lady_Liberty: "You asked, and you will receive sweetheart", the charming puppeteer replied. "While you are a valuable.. partner Ms. Liberty, I must say that my fiancee questions your presence around me", Impero stated, Clarice did not seem particularly pleased when last she saw Impero speaking to Liberty.

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By lady_liberty

@Impero: 'Well that's understandable. Jealousy is a normal emotion, after all. Of course I don't wish to cause problems in your personal affairs. I'm sure there's some way we can keep the peace?'

Ishin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Ishin

@Lady_Liberty: "Don't worry yourself with that. There is no problem", he assured, "I simply felt that you deserved to be aware of it". The mysterious enigma wondered though, if a problem would indeed emerge. "You are fully welcome here".

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By lady_liberty

@Impero: Things seemed to be under control for now. Good to hear my relationship with Impero is both enjoyable and profitable. While I hoped nothing happened to interfere with that, I was prepared to take action if something did happen.

'Good to hear dear. Oh, a sudden change of subject.. But I have begin forming the Trion into a blade. Superheated, electrofied, and with the properties of adamantine its a devastating weapon even by my standards.'

'Except for one thing, I have absolutely no idea how to use a sword my friend.' Laughing at the situation, as the extreme deadliness of the blade contrasted against my utter lack of skill was amusing to me.

Ishin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Ishin

@Lady_Liberty: Liberty's situation was understandable, while her scientific ingenuity enabled her to construct the deadly bladed weapon, she had no experience with swords. "With everything you else you are skilled at, I'm surprised", he chuckled nonchalantly. "Would you like lessons?".

Soul_Rebel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Soul_Rebel
No Caption Provided

@Impero:Bredry walked through the streets of the new empire, knowing who its ruler was, Bredry decided that he should have a talk with the man. Though he decided that since the man was an emperor, he should wear a more formal attire, one with his dreads out, and his clothing more regal. As soon as he saw the masked man Impero, he took large powerful strides toward the man, his face one of a serious tone.

Ishin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Ishin

@Soul_Rebel: "May I help you?", cunning Impero asked, remaining poised and confident as usual, his arms folded behind his back.

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By lady_liberty

@Impero: 'Your skills would be very helpful my friend. But I also could use your advice in the weapon itself.'

'I can form it into any type of sword, spear, mace, ax, or whatever else. The question is which one should I use, and of what type? Enough swords have been swung at my head for me to know there's a lot of types.'

'And then some basic instruction in that weapon type would be delightful. I can practice at super-speeds, but I'm afraid I have no idea what to practice, so some lessons would be exactly what I need.'

Melee weapons turned out to be a lot more complex then I had though, and my respect for warriors who used them raised a notch.

Soul_Rebel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Soul_Rebel

@Impero: From what Bredry remembered, one must be respectful to an emperor, even one who was considered an enemy. Besides his actions now would determine what kind of man Impero was. Before even speaking, he bowed on one knee and said, "Good lord, i have a request for you." Bredry was born in a more formal era, maybe things were different nowadays.

Ishin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Ishin

@Lady_Liberty: "I would suggest you use a sword. It is light and deadly, so long as you do not create a greatsword", he explained, "I would recommend a Chinese straight sword, more simply known as a Jian", Impero paused for a moment, remembering that Liberty may not be as well-informed in bladed weapons as he is. "Would you like to see one my dear?".

@Soul_Rebel: The man's act of respect and formality was a rarity in the modern age, as he stood before the man, mysterious Impero replied, "And what may that request be?".

_Creed_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By _Creed_

@Impero: "She really is something else...uhh...But I am there to train her, not try and get her into bed"

Soul_Rebel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Soul_Rebel

@Impero: Bredry stayed kneeled, "The request is one that is crude, and slightly disrespectful. One that will most likely be declined, and if so, i have no respect will be lost because of it. I request for you to take down your newly built empire."

Ishin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Ishin

@_Creed_: "Indeed. But the attraction is there. Soon one of you will embrace it", his smirk concealed by his expressionless mask, "But if that isn't what you're trying to do.. somebody else will", he joked with an arrogant chuckle, "What have you taught her thus far? Anything exotic?".

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By lady_liberty

@Impero: 'Indeed I would, I'm afraid I don't know it by name.'

_Creed_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By _Creed_

@Impero: "Well pretty much just taking on multiple enemies at once, next will be the pain tolerance training"

Ishin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Ishin

@Soul_Rebel: Scoffing condescendingly at the request, the poised assassin responds in his characteristic composed yet certain manner, "It seems you believe I have some sort of malicious intent with my recent accomplishment", he chuckled nonchalantly, "Impero is no fool. I have given these people what they want. I have saved them from a mystical threat that would have ended them. I am their salvation. They have embraced it as have I", he pauses, calmly strolling around the beautiful gardens surrounding his palace.

Ishin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Ishin

@Lady_Liberty: "Then please follow me sweetheart", poised Impero requests, extending his hand for her as he would lead her to his personalized weapons' room where a good deal of his less exotic bladed weapons are kept.

@_Creed_: "Pain tolerance? Should you find any difficulty in it, I am always available for help".

_Creed_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By _Creed_

@Impero: "Hmm...We will see. Heh, I remember my pain tolerance training when I was still just an initiate in the league, every time they struck me with that bamboo stick my better halves would come out and give them a tuning" Creed laughs at the memories of his training years.

Soul_Rebel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Soul_Rebel

@Impero: Bredry rises to follow in Impero's footsteps, "Even if i believed you to be filled with malicious intent, that is not the sole reason i request this of you. Though, i do understand what it takes to become an emperor. Will, strength, passion, and sometimes some pulling of strings." His lip curled into a slight snarl at the mention of it, but returned to its original position quickly, "but i also heard of the new candidate for America's ruler, and if he does become president, war is a possibility. Though if you are certain to keep the empire alive, then i wish to be part of it, for as of now i have no true home."

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By lady_liberty

@Impero: Flying behind the enigmatic emperor, drifting though the air. 'Of course.'

Ishin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Ishin

@Soul_Rebel: "War? That would be.. unwise of him. Iberia is no single nation and we are strong allies of the Nakamura Empire, should a war ever be waged, well, the odds would be severely stacked against him would it not?", Impero reasons, unfazed by the mention of war, a possibility that he accounted for prior to the birth of his young empire. "As for your request, you must prove your loyalty to me. After all, you did just ask me to abandon an empire that so deeply needs me, it would be foolish of me to carelessly accept the request of citizenship. Do something for me and your request will be granted".

@_Creed_: Chuckling arrogantly at Creed's statement, Impero elaborates, "That is child's play my friend. I can help you mold your woman into a flawless assassin. For I can help you teach her true pain. But, she is your student and it is a mere.. suggestion".

_Creed_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By _Creed_

@Impero: Creed gave a subtle glare. "You just let me worry about her for now, I will call upon you if I need to"

Ishin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Ishin

@Lady_Liberty: Arriving inside the lavishly decorated yet weapon-infested room, cunning Impero unsheathes a perfectly crafted golden Jian sword. "This is a Chinese straight sword", the masked enigma stated, playfully twirling the blade with but a single hand before asking, "Would you like to hold it Ms. Liberty?".

Soul_Rebel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Soul_Rebel

@Impero: "America is very powerful, do not..." Bredry had almost spoken out of turn, a habit that some had respected, but most considered to be his worst aspect. "I apologize, what is it you wish me to accomplish?"

Ishin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Ishin

@_Creed_: The glare was a clear sign, his attraction to her transcended beyond carnal desires. "So it seems I was somewhat wrong. You are not simply attracted to her. You might even have feelings for her", he chuckled calmly, "While you are a professional, I would suggest that you not hold back on the training due to the.. circumstances of your relationship with the woman".

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By lady_liberty

@Impero: Examining the blade trying to get an idea of its balance and structure.

'Of course.' Holding out my hand for the sword. Feeling my usual eagerness to learn something new.

Ishin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Ishin

@Soul_Rebel: "Indeed it is but so are my allies", while the United States was indeed a powerful nation, it would be foolish of the country to launch a war against Iberia, especially with the Nakamura Empire as a close ally, it's arcane nature would tilt the probability of victory in Impero's favor, at least for now. "Collect as much information as you can on the JLI member known as Angeni. Do not question my request, just do as I say. It is a test of your potential loyalty".

Ishin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Ishin

@Lady_Liberty: Calmly handing the sword to Liberty, Impero asks, "You can tell me when you wish to begin your lessons. For you, my time is always free Ms. Liberty", the charming enigma stated.

_Creed_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By _Creed_

@Impero: Suddenly that memory flashed in Creed's head again, it was from one of his duplicates. In the memory Destry grabbed him by his necktie and kissed him, for some reason Destry didn't recognize Creed, but why? He finally snapped out of it and focused back on Impero, "Right, you have a good point there for sure, and lets just keep this whole feelings thing on the down low if you don't mind"

Soul_Rebel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Soul_Rebel

@Impero: "I shall do as you ask." And gather my own information as well. Bredry thought to himself. With that he turned around and calmly walked off, resuming his more relaxed casual form.

Ishin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Ishin

@_Creed_: "Of course my friend. Secrecy is a talent of mine", he replied.

@Soul_Rebel: Not offering a verbal response, cunning Impero was certain in his recent course of action. Should this stranger attempt to mislead the masked puppetmaster with false information, he will be swiftly dealt with, mysterious Impero is after all quite well informed on Angeni, courtesy of his fiancee's assistance, this was indeed a simple test of loyalty.

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By lady_liberty

@Impero: Attempting the same spin Impero did, I fumble the sword. It slips from my fingers, and I am forced use my speed to snatch it by the hilt before it hits the ground.

Laughing at my mistake, I nod to Impero.

'Now is a good time for me, plus my curiosity is engaged at this point. Would be hard to walk away now.' Nodding my gratitude to Impero, his aid was valuable and I wanted him to know I was aware of that.

Ishin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Ishin

@Lady_Liberty: "Very well", Impero responds, asking Liberty to show him what she knows about swordsmanship, even if her knowledge is extremely limited on the subject. "First, show me what you can do with the sword. Pretend to be attacking an enemy in front of you. I want to see how well you handle a sword without any prior expertise".

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By lady_liberty

@Impero: 'Alright'

Thinking back to what I've seen of Gambler's sword fighting I crudely imitate a thrust, and a few cuts that I have seen him do.

Focusing on my technique, keeping my speed inside the human range to ensure a honest display my limited skills. No point in cheating I'm trying to learn.

Ishin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Ishin

@Lady_Liberty: Intently observing her brief display, Impero decides to begin. "I see we have some work to do", he admits. "Let us begin with your stance. You are a beginner but because you are intellectually gifted, we don't have to take this too slow. I want to focus on defense and offense with you", Impero revealed, still having not yet approached his unlikely pupil. "But first your stance my dear, we must fix your stance. Bend your knees and relax your shoulders, you need fluid movement for your arms. And keep your weaker foot a step in front of your other foot".

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By lady_liberty

@Impero: Ah, stance. It makes sense that would be one of my weakest points considering I spend so much time flying. How to stand is something I don't spend a lot of time thinking about, simply because it rarely effects me.

Putting my left foot a step ahead of my right foot, and flexing both of my knees. Rocking my weight back and forth to get a feel for the stance. Right away I could see how important this was for swordplay, the position of the feet decided the range of motion for the hips, and thus the shoulders. Which in turn controlled where the arms could be. This was fundamental to sword-fighting, so I concentrate on learning it.

Relaxing my shoulders, keeping my arms loose. Ah, tension would simply slow any motions, as I would have to first relax and then move, or else deal with some of my muscles having to overcome the opposing muscles tension. Made sense.

Holding the stance I simply wait for Impero to go on. No sense interrupting, and I had no questions yet.

Surkit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#88  Edited By Surkit

@Impero: (I want to swing Flucks by lol)

_Creed_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By _Creed_

@BlackPookie: Hmm?

BlackPookie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#90  Edited By BlackPookie

@_Creed_: sorry. i meant to @ reply Impero! not ya!

amazing stuff! why have you choose portugal?

Ishin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Ishin

@Lady_Liberty: She seemed to comprehend the basics of sword-fighting rather quickly, something that even Impero could not predict would happen so early. "Good, good", he continued, "Because of your great speed, I have a particular style of footwork that I want you to work on. We will focus on short steps that will allow you to dodge and outmaneuver your opponent's attacks. You may use your superhuman senses to aid you in your footwork, your hearing and sense of sight will be of great use to you", he explained before calmly approaching her, "I will do this slowly so that you will understand it better. Dodge", he said, quickly unsheathing a nearby sword and slowly thrusting it towards her right shoulder.

Ishin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Ishin

@Surkit: (Sure, when Impy's done teaching his first lesson haha)

@BlackPookie: Thanks :) it was just a random choice LOL

Surkit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#93  Edited By Surkit

@Impero: (lol Cool)

BlackPookie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By BlackPookie

@Impero: nice choice. my country!

MasterofChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By MasterofChaos

Lives amongst the normal people. (They get nothing)

MasterofChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By MasterofChaos
@BlackPookie
Silence! You will bow before Impero!
Ishin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Ishin

@BlackPookie: You're Portuguese? Cool :)

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By lady_liberty

@Impero: Normally I didn't worry about footwork because I could simply ignore it by flying, but I knew full well my enemies would soon begin studying divine power cancelers and other types of magic or technology to deal with me. It was simply a matter of time, and I was determined to be prepared for whatever happened.

Using my greater speed I pivot on my lead foot, so I don't exit the stance. The pivoting motion takes my right shoulder back out of the path of the blade.

I was beginning to grasp the fundamentals of this, each foot acting as a potential pivot one could rotate around, or a point of contact to drive from. By combining pivots and drives the combination of steps, lunges, leaps, and other steps I has observed could be created.

Amazing, all that from two simple building blocks. It was a good thing I approached Impero, this was a valuable experience.

BlackPookie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By BlackPookie

@MasterofChaos: if Impero wants me to shut up i will... you SHUT UP!

@Impero: E sim! Sou portuguesa!! ehehheheheh

MasterofChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By MasterofChaos
@BlackPookie said:

@MasterofChaos: if Impero wants me to shut up i will... you SHUT UP!

@Impero: E sim! Sou portuguesa!! ehehheheheh

This one, I like.