I.Q Tower. Scientific research and exploration

• 132 results
ThePuzzler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Q tech, the ambitions and dreams of a man from a place where there was no future. Earth was a tattered war zone, and it's heroes vanished. No more though. So many had sacrificed their lives for Ivan Q, a former villain, to arrive here in this universe...So that he could possibly save it from a similar fate. The first step was to solidify the goal of a now reformed man, into the shape of a laboratory. What was once a mere landmark, the Calgary tower was purchased by the scientist. Reconstructed as a formula for the world's solutions.

The tower

Purpose

Q tech is a fully renovated Calgary tower, it's insides hollowed out and designed for scientific research and facilities. It certainly is not Kamelot, but it does what it needs to. The purpose of the building itself is to act as a massive laboratory on most floors of the building, Ivan Q working around the clock inside to conduct experiments. Some are personal, and some are for the betterment of society. It is certainly not a corporate foundation or technology distributor.

Ivan acts as a scientific consultant all over the world to various people, his only payment being the joy of looking into new discoveries. All it takes is a phone call and some good convincing to have Ivan's attention.

Defenses

The entire tower, and the surrounding ten blocks around it, are ready to be encased in a plasma force field at any sign of an immediate threat. As for the rest of the security precautions? -TOP SECRET-

The battery

Invented by Q himself, a device that contains a self sustaining 'sun' on the inside of it's vibranium casing. It is so green, free and efficient in it's purpose that it's actually what powers all of Calgary, replacing it's old electric power grid since it's installation. Not only this, but it provides limitless energy for the scientists experiments. It is a one of the kind, but also a prototype, thus not ready for worldwide purpose.

The lab floors

The very top floor and the fifteen below it are all fully equipped and personal labs of Ivan Q, each of course designed for a specific type of study and experimentation. In example, one of the labs is entirely flame proof, even it's equipment. Another can alter it's size. And another has a holographic nervous system for convenient computer input and interface on the fly.

The living quarters

Though Q tower's only resident is Ivan himself, the tower is suited to fully house ten people. Ten full sized apartments compressed into ten floors below the science floors. Fully facilitated, fully furnished, modern style design.

Public relations floors/Lobby

The lowest of the floors as well as the lobby. Where civilians can book appointments to have a chat with the busy elastic scientist for various purposes. These floors are equipped with offices, meeting rooms, a lounge and other means for discussion and conversation. The public areas are actually opened and staffed twenty four hours a day, by various shifts.

Rules

• This is NOT KAMELOT, nor is it an attempt at paving over a clearly better built thread. It is not any type of corporate facility. Coming here to discuss business offers and such are moot, if it's not to talk about scientific research? You will find your time wasted.
  • If you would like to be employed, please do ask first.
  • Questions are fun, go ahead and ask any if you have them!
  • No major destruction/Attacks unless otherwise granted or permitted.
  • Hero, villain, whomever. If you wish to see Ivan Q, an appointment must be booked.
  • Sell what security protocols do get thrown at you.
  • This is not a lab that creates technology and distributes it, therefor all inventions created by Ivan are usually kept under wraps. Don't want to go seeing any Q phones out there.
No Caption Provided

ThePuzzler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ivan grumbled as he stretched his hands into his wardrobe, from three rooms away. His head was located over by the nearest monitor telling readouts of a recent energy anomaly in Africa."Fascinating..Really.." Q smiled while he finally located his clean lab coat, retracting his stretched limbs and throwing it on over his black and white uniform.

He had to look somewhat presentable when he was to step out of the Calgary tower, where an army of press and reporters were waiting for him to open up I.Q tower fir the first time today.

The universe jumping scientist cleared his throat while reaching the podium, bringing his hand up with a smile as a polite request for the chatter to tone down a bit.

"Thank you for coming today. You must excuse me, speeches were never really my forte. It has been a year and a half since I started reconstruction of this lovely landmark. I promised you clean, free energy, and I delivered. I now hope to carry out a much bigger promise, to improve this world, save this earth and better our society through peaceful means.

While I do appreciate the hero's cause and quest, there will always need to be the other guys, the people looking at the crimes against the natural balance let alone our law. We live in a world thriving with meta humans who can easily achieve space travel, yet so much of it is still undiscovered. Things like these, are puzzles, simply waiting to be put back together.

Some people I would actually like to thank today, are the Knightfalls. The family that shows us time and time again through industry that whether it be personal scientific advancment , or corporate strategy, the world has much room for improvement. And then are our world's heroes, the people who time and time again lay down their lives for it's people so they can sleep a little sounder, walk at night with a bit more stride. Whether you shine with a green light, or save the day in the shadows...You have my personal thanks..

Now, how about we cut this ribbon hmm?"

Ivan pulled out a set of silver scissors, looking up to a large red ribbon that was tied around the building ten feet up, the intellectual's arm stretching up to it with ease and gently snipping the fabric.

Urban_Ronin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

(badass)

superstay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

(I like it...)

d^_^b

ThePuzzler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ivan sat in his lab chair, a furrowed brow complimented his expression of concern. His eyes glanced over screens and screens of @anthony_stark's rise as president of the U.S.."How did you win, Stark..." He mumbled while picking up his cup of coffee, taking a large sip before getting back up off the chair.

Stretching his hand over to a touch screen, he then stretched his fingers to tap on multiple buttons on the keypad. Sending Emails to both @andres_knightfall and @quintus_knightfall for a request of their presence before continuing his lab work.

Anthony_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_puzzler: Why ya hate me? We could be great. Stark and Ivan :P

Fukuro_Zoku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anthony_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Anthony_Stark
ThePuzzler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anthony_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_puzzler: The Knightfalls have enough allies. Play dangerous for once :P

ThePuzzler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ThePuzzler

@anthony_stark: *Sigh* Very well. But pencil me in as a pacifist. I'll help you, detain political criminals but science first, always first. Annnd he will refuse to use his mind to create anything that could harm innocents.

But fine, he is on your side for now. Come on over.

Fukuro_Zoku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hm....

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

ThePuzzler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fukuro_zoku: Don't even think of sicking her on me -_- I'm not one of his cronies.

Fukuro_Zoku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ThePuzzler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ThePuzzler

@fukuro_zoku: Dammit all! >_<

It's either I resist and have my research shut down, or I simply smile and nod and he leaves me alone. Not a man of violence.

Anthony_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hm....

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

I remember that from a time ago! Haha!

_Glacier_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you ever join Stark >_>
If you ever join Stark >_>

Avatar image for dark_vengeance_
Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Good soldier, keep possible enemies at check.

ThePuzzler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_nobody_: I'm NOT JOINING him! I have just clearly stated that he is not going to get in his way.

Amaranth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Amaranth
_Glacier_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ThePuzzler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_nobody_: I'm a scientist, not a soldier! >_< You still owe me a visit young man!

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

(Nice work.)

_Glacier_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#25  Edited By Pyrogram

@_nobody_: I'm NOT JOINING him! I have just clearly stated that he is not going to get in his way.

Grow a backbone and pick a side :P

_Glacier_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

_Glacier_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram: So he'll go with it. Yes, I'm godmodding.

ThePuzzler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram said:

@the_puzzler said:

Grow a backbone and pick a side :P

Did you just tell a rubber man to have a backbone? >_>

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zane_Horn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Zane_Horn

@the_puzzler:

This is NOT KAMELOT, nor is it an attempt at paving over a clearly better built thread.

i lost it at this

TheDoctor_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ThePuzzler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By ThePuzzler
TheDoctor_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By TheDoctor_

@the_puzzler:Oooooh.
Cause I commented,and you didn't respond,and I was like I guess hes busy,and then I saw the title,and it didn't have CVnU Location in it. So I was like,oh,wow Im stupid. lol :P

ThePuzzler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedoctor_: o_o All good. Everyone is free to step in, just in an orderly fashion.

TheDoctor_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_puzzler:Landing a TARDIS at the front door is acceptable right?
^__^

ThePuzzler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By ThePuzzler
TheDoctor_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_puzzler The Doctor laid under the console, cheerfully preforming maintenance as he often did. Suddenly,The Tardis changed course, The Doctor couldn't feel the movement,but the Tardis conveyed the change in direction to the Doctor telepathically. "What do you mean changing course?Why?" after a short pause,he spoke once more to the Tardis "Oh! sure,lets go." he said as he slid himself out from underneath the console. The Doctor was informed that they had landed successfully,and he immediately burst out the door, "Beautiful building." he said to himself as he quickened his pace towards the towers main entrance.
Perhaps Ill meet an extraordinary human,that would be cool. he thought as he pulled open the front doors and walked inside.
He figured out how the whole human interaction system incredibly quickly,and soon enough he was talking to a receptionist secretary type person.
"I have to schedule an appointment? I just landed a TARDIS outside!" he yelled,slightly annoyed that he would have to wait,however the tone is his voice did not tell of any anger towards the receptionist,just discontentment with learning he would have to wait.
"Sure,sure,sure,sorry for yelling at you" he said as he walked away,and proceeded to sit down on a bench off to the side in the lobby.
Perhaps this Dr.Q wont be so busy,and Ill be able to meet him,but Ill wait,I have all the time in the world.
He laughed a bit at his own stupid time-traveler joke, and then began fiddling with his sonic,like he always did when he was bored.

ThePuzzler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By ThePuzzler

@thedoctor_:

Ivan Q, the rubber man, stepped out of the elevator while wearing his usual lab coat and uniform. In his hand was some sort of scanner that he waved about, seemingly looking for whatever was making it beep off the charts.

Until finally, he waved it over the snappy dressed man with a bow tie, the scanner going off the charts."Temporal energy..You're drenched in it.." He spoke in a half mumble, his arm and hand stretching out to wave the scanner all around the scrawny fellow.

Trinity-Blue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

TheDoctor_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By TheDoctor_

@the_puzzler:The Doctor sat,absorbed in the activity of messing about with the Sonic,but thenThe Doctor could sense someone coming,and he put the sonic away. The man was in a labcoat walking around with some sort of scanning device.
Cool,I like it. he thought to himself as the man made his way to The Doctor,and scanned him.
"From the Tardis I assume,you said temporal right?Yeah,definitely the Tardis."
This man ,hes much more intelligent than the other humans, this should be fun, or at least, interesting. he thought, and then he looked up at the man and said "Doctor Q, I presume? Im The Doctor nice to meet you." he said cheerfully,with a smile on his face, as he extended his arm to shake Q's hand.

ThePuzzler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@schlampe: I WAS ACTUALLY WANTING TO DO SOMETHING LIKE THAT! :o

ThePuzzler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedoctor_:

"You would have assumed correctly Doctor.." Ivan's voice was still trailed off as he shook the man's hand, both his head and the other hand that had the scanner stretched right out of the front door, using his scanner to wave it about the Tardis.

"Well, that certainly is a way to make a Monday interesting.."He smiled hile his neck stretched even more, observing the outside of the blue box, all while his torso just stood in front of the Doctor, still shaking his hand.

Trinity-Blue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Trinity-Blue
ThePuzzler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@schlampe: The picture just reminded me of this idea I had where Q tries to help the lost girl, but is initially confused and angry.

Trinity-Blue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Trinity-Blue
ThePuzzler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheDoctor_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By TheDoctor_

@the_puzzler:"Oh,wow, what in your body even allows you to do that? Thats simply amazing." The Doctor pulled away, feeling just a bit odd shaking Q's hand,since his head was stretched far out the door.
The Doctor rushed out the door to where The Doctor was inspecting his Tardis. "Ah yeah, thats my Tardis, space and time traveling box." he said,as if it were an every day thing.
"Now then Dr.Q, a few questions, first off, Is there anywhere In the building I could park it? Second, I understand you have an absolutely stellar research facility beyond those doors, and I would like to see it,if thats ok with you? Finally, If you allow me to park inside, I could show you around inside."
The doctor immediately explained himself a bit better "Its not just a box,theres much much more too it,you'll see."

ThePuzzler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedoctor_:

"But of course! Just 'park' it on the top floor Doctor..I will meet you up there right away.." Ivan assumed this device could transport, retracting his limbs back inside the building and rushing to the elevator.