Ethan Starks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Ethan Starks

Day of the Wedding, Evening

“…You may kiss the bride.” With eager sensuality the lovers stepped close, gazes locked, enthralled in each other’s appearance.   Doves sang a melody as they fluttered about The Pantheon, a structure formed in heart of Rome.  The crowd watched in silence as the two lips met in Holy Matrimony. Ethan closed his eyes, reveling in the sheer euphoric sensation spread throughout his vessel.   This moment was drowning in nirvana.

Three Weeks Earlier…

Ethan treaded the halls of his Workshop, a large building housing a multitude of inventions created by the hero. His inventions were stellar, capturing the eyes of many willing to place a rich investment in his capable hands.  After accepting these offers Ethan made headlines with the introduction of his own company, promoting the statement: “I will usher in a new wave of technology in an attempt to redefine the term "Modern Warfare."  Within the next months contracts were gained and the first mass produced device, a suit of armor, revolutionary in make and design was distributed to the Armed Forces of the U.S.

Ethan stepped into his hangar, intent on doing a maintenance check on the hyperdrive. To his surprise his father Light Starks leaning against the boarding ramp with that family smirk.   “I haven’t even seen you become a man and I still know you better than most.” Ethan returned the smirk baring a distinct likeness to Light. “Yeah right, it was a lucky guess and you know it. That or you wanted take it for a test drive until you heard me coming.”Light chuckled.

He stood up straight and his blue cape dangled off his shoulders. His bulky, muscular physique was wrapped in a minimal armor with a blue and silver color scheme, similar to that of his cape.   “Always the know it all. How are you feeling? It’s been a while since I’ve gotten to touch base with you.” Ethan stepped around his father and entered the ship, beckoning for Light to follow close by. “You know dad, you have great timing. I needed to talk you about something. Me and Cassidy are…” Ethan was cut off by Light as they entered the starboard section of the ship. “Getting married? You forget your kryptonian heritage.   You know there is very little I don’t hear. I’ll be there. Can’t say that I like the setting though. You’re not invincible and that girl of yours has a few enemies as well. I’d advise you to be on your guard.” Ethan paid no mind to the ramblings of his father, finalizing his investigation of the hyperdrive and turning to face him. “I’ve got nothing to worry about with the mighty “Lor-El” in my corner.” Ethan smiled, making jest of his father’s birth name. “I’m getting too old for this. Eventually you’ll have to watch your own back.”

“Dad, you’d never let that happen and you know it…”          

Day of the Wedding, Morning

“C’mon babe we’ve got to go, we’re already a half an hour late.” Ethan said as he lifted his fiancée, Cassidy O’Rourke out of the bed and swung her about in his arms. Instead of flying by way of his ship or teleporting he decided to travel the American way by chartering a private jet. “I got G6 and a G5 you p-“ Cassidy grunted. “Okay, I’m up. Put me down, I need to get dressed.”         

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By Mercy_

She sat in a hidden antechamber of the Greek Parthenon, preparing for the day that would forever change her life. The once nearly ruined piece of historic Greek architecture had been painstakingly restored to its former glory with a few modern trappings added, all done while keeping it as true to it’s origins as possible. It had taken a long while for the crews to complete it accurately, but it was finally done and would be utilized for the first time. It had a rich history of war and tragedy, today would be the day that they added to that history with something a little bit happier. Today was the day Cass would pledge herself to the love of her life, today was the day where she became truly answerable to not only herself, but to somebody else. From here on out, things would change and she couldn’t be happier.

Seated in a plush chair before a vanity, she was wearing nothing other than her undergarments for fear of marring her precious dress. Looking over to her right, her eyes met her sister’s and an enormous smile crossed her face. “I can’t believe you’re getting married. It seems so surreal with everything else that’s going on. A bright light in a time of darkness.”

The corners of Cass’s mouth tilted down in the semblance of a frown, her forehead creasing with worry lines. “I know that what’s happened with Mom is horrible and I tried my best to be there for it, but…other things came in the way of that. I know that Dad got called away and I’m sorry I couldn’t be there for that, either. Some things came up, some really important things. I know that’s a horrible explanation, but it’s all that I’ve got for you right now. I plan to make a lot more time to see you, though. I’ve missed you, kiddo.” She knew her parents well enough to know that they had not told Chevie about the falling out and for that she was appreciative. Her chest rose and fell as she inhaled slowly, looking at her little sister. In the relatively short time they had known each other she had watched her blossom from a somewhat gangly young girl into the beginnings of a young woman and frankly, it scared the crap out of her. She didn’t think she was ready to face the anxiety that a teenage Chevie would bring. That girl got herself into more predicaments than humanly possible. She was powerful and didn’t really know what fear was, which led her to being even more headstrong and at times more reckless than Cass was. “I suppose I need to stop calling you that now, huh? It’s not gonna fly anymore, expecially once things change.”

Looking like her usual inquisitive self, Chevie’s eyes narrowed suspiciously as she leaned forward, closer to her sister. “Once things change? You mean the wedding, right?" Chevie was a Lockhart and it wasn’t ever easy to pull one over on that family. Not to mention the innate curiosity they all seemed to have. There was no way Cass was gonna be able to keep this one a secret and she wasn’t particularly inclined to try.

Rising gracefully to her feet the petite assassin walked to few steps over to where her sister was seated and knelt on the floor in front of her, the cold tile pressing agaist her bare knees as she took Chevie’s smaller hand within her own, giving it a small squeeze. “You’ve got to keep this a secret, okay? Nobody else knows yet, not even Ethan. I was planning on telling him tonight after the wedding. I’m pregnant, Chevie.”

“YOU’RE WHAT? Like…pregnant? With a baby…?” Chevie jumped up out of her chair and threw her arms around her sister’s neck, hugging her tightly. “I’m gonna be an aunt! I swear, I’ll be the best aunt ever! Ooooh! Can I teach it things? Can I hold it? Can I be your baby sitter?” Her mouth was moving faster than her words could form and she was starting to trip herself up. “How far along are you?”

Hugging her sister to her closely, Cass rested her head in the crook of her shoulder. “Yes, pregnant with a baby. I have a sneaking suspicion that it’s twins, though, as they seem to run in the Starks family. I expect you to spoil the crap out of this child. To get it annoying toys that you know are gonna irritate Ethan and I. You’re also gonna be responsible for teaching it how to cope with the crazy family that we have and that includes Crazy himself, because you know how he gets when he goes into protective mode. So you’re gonna have to help the baby out with that, too. You’re going to be an amazing aunt, Chevie. I don’t think you could be a bad one if you tried. The doctors think I’m about two months along. Ethan and I haven’t been spending as much time together since I left the Champions, so unless he’s been much more quiet than usual, I don’t think he’s taken notice. Of course, I haven’t started showing yet, so I’m sure that also factors into the equation. Remember, keep this to yourself, at least until after the wedding. You know these people, they’re incorrigible gossips. I’d hate for somebody else to find out and the word to spread like wildfire before Ethan finds out.”

Just then, a brusque knock sounded on the door. “Who is it?” Cass called out the query as she gently pulled away from Chevie. She was answered quickly with the deep and smooth timbre of Gambler’s Cajun accent. “Tis almost time, Chere. You don’t want to miss your own wedding now, do you?" 

"Give me fifteen minutes. I'm nearly done. Just finishing touches at this point." She listened closely, waiting to hear his footsteps before looking to her sister. "Time to get that dress on and make an honest woman out of me." 

Rising to her feet the bride to be crossed the room and stood in front of her wedding dress as it hung upon a garment rack. Slipping the silk sheath off of it's hanger, she cautiously stepped into the dress's opening and pulled it up, the silk sliding against her soft alabaster skin. Looking over her shoulder, her eyes met Chevie's. "Help me with the zipper?" 

Ten Minutes Later 

Chevie Lockhart led the small procession down the aisle. The sun shone high in the sky, highlighting the multifaceted purple tones of the flower girl's dress and the bronze undertones to her russet brown hair. Looking back the tenacious Lockhart Legacy gave her older sister a small wink before marching forward down the aisle to the airy tones of Pachello's Canon in D Minor. 

The aristocratic King of Assassins walked her down the aisle, his hand draped lightly across her waist. The bride was radiant in a white silk gown that was draped across her lithe form. The inch thick straps lay across her toned shoulders, the web of scars on her right shoulder (a souvenir from the King of the Vine tournament) showing prominently, the suns rays lighting upon the scar tissue. The bodice was fitted and tapered, making way to a column skirt that billowed out at the bottom. There was minimal lace detailing at the waist and hemline, adding a bit of a classical touch. Her hair was piled atop her head in a coif, small strands dangling artfully around her face as the deep red glistened in the sun. 

Her steps were slow and sure as she avoided making eye contact with any of the guests. Cassidy Lockhart was focused on one thing and one thing only and that was the back of Ethan Starks. She had made him promise beforehand that he wouldn't turn around and face her until she was standing by his side. It was a promise that she knew he would keep. As she finished her walk down the aisle and Jean Luc LeBeau took his seat, Cass stood beside the man she would momentarily call her husband.   She intertwined her ringers with his before leaning in and whispering in his ear, three simple words. "I love you."

They went through all the formalities and the call for objections. After that, they moved on to the vows and she spoke from her heart. She had written nothing prior and they were not exactly know for their tradition-abiding ways, so she simply let loose with a speech from the heart. "I met you and the moment I did, something inside of me sparked. I had been through so much in such a short amount of time, fundamentally life-changing things and I was in a bad place. Yet you had patience with me, you let me come around on my own. You came to me first as a friend, then as a confidante and partner and finally as a lover, as my love. You treated me with the respect and tenderness that others seemed to forget. You make every day an adventure for me and despite the fact that I don't always appreciate it, you never fail to launch some sort of surprise on me. You get my twists and turns and love me despite the fact that I am damaged. You understand that I am far from perfect and you embrace my flaws, as well as help me through them. You make me overjoyed to open my eyes each morning and know that every day holds a new adventure, a new surprise and that my future will be filled with joy and love. Ethan Starks, you make loving you, being in love with you, one of the most rewarding experiences of my life. I couldn't be happier to call myself your best friend, your lover, your confidante, your partner in every sense of the word, and at long last, your wife." She looked into his eyes as she spoke the words, her small hands held in his large ones. As their eyes met she knew that this was it, the happiest day of her life, the day that everything changed. 
thegreatfour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By thegreatfour

Greece had a long, and plentiful cultural background. They had about 15 gods, which made for a lot of praying, well that's at least what Marco figured. That's pretty much all he knew about Greece. When he'd stepped off the plane he'd expected to see people in togas, and wearing those weird crowns made of leafs on their heads. Turns out they basically wore the same cloths as everyone else, which was a huge disappointment in Marco's book. Still, he wasn't here to judge the locals clothing, he was here for the biggest, and the first wedding he'd ever been to. The happy occasion was between Cassidy Lockhart , and this guy named Ethan Starks. Ethan Marco had never met, but he was sure he was friends with Cass. Well, not really good friends, he hadn't really done anything for her besides entertaining her when she was bored. He'd never figured out why she'd cared to even start one conversation with him. She was smart, serious, and had family in one of the biggest hero teams out there. He couldn't take much of life without being a goof, didn't even know who his real parents were, and was kind of a dunce. With her actually even giving him a chance to be a friend when he was such a crap friend meant one thing to him, he could not screw up this wedding.

Through the sun baked streets of Greece, once a masterpiece of the old world, now a modern age city, had but one eyesore on it's streets. An old, scratched up pickup truck that was a reddish brown from all the rust it had developed on it, roaring down the road. Marco sat in the opened back with his bike, sweating from the heavy black tuxedo he was wearing while the two friends he had invited sat in the front seat. Ted Grant was driving him, and Ozzy Winters to the Greek Pantheon where the wedding was supposed to take place. Marco stared out at the other cars from the moving truck, brushing the hair out of his face when the wind picked up. He tapped his foot to some odd beat he had picked up at some point during the ride. There was just so much to worry about. First off was Oz.  Oz was a flirt, and Marco assumed there would be a lot of women there who didn't appreciate that, and could kick his ass, or, even worse, give him a fight that would last long enough to cause some serious destruction. Ted was a little more controlled, but if Cass had been in Africa for the reason he thought she had then there were going to be some people who had made poor life choices that might make it hard for Ted. The truck was a problem too. He could just imagine it parked with all the cars that had been fixed up, and washed for the occasion all lined up, making their rusty ride stick out like a sore thumb. Marco could have asked their cash cow, Ozzy to help him out, but he had already payed for the plane tickets, and Marco wasn't going to let him spend so much when Oz was there because of him. The last problem was the groom. He had absolutely no real clue who he was. All Marco knew was his name was Ethan Starks, and that was it. What if the guy hated him, or he hated the guy? He'd have to stay away from Cass then, and he didn't like that option. The way he figured it was if he evaded him, for the wedding, and the rest of his life he could come out with a more preferable option.

As Ted finished driving up the slanted road the truck was on the trio was greeted by their destination. With it's colossal  stained yellowish, white stone columns that shaded passersby, it was no wonder why they had picked the Parthenon for the wedding. The side of the road was riddled with cars, all of which looked better suited for the occasion then worn down truck, making the groups entry a harder. After a minute of cruising across the the increasingly hot pavement Ted finally found a spot to slide the old truck into. Marco hopped off the back of the truck, and waited for both Ted, and Oz to step out of the vehicle into the sun, it's powerful rays left unchecked by the clouds. The teen made sure the keys for his bike were entrapped snugly in his pocket. He looked back at his Motorcycle, a worried expression upon his face.

"Gonna need that later. Hopefully it'll still be there", he mumbled to himself a tone of regret present.

Later
Marco sat in the pews ,that had built into the Parthenon, beside Ted, and Oz. As it turned out  he was also in a seat that was in the direct path of a beam of warm light coming from the outside. He yanked at the collar of his tuxedo, trying to let some cooling air grace the back of his neck. He didn't know why the hell black was the color of choice. It made him sweat, which made him uncomfortable, which made him fidget in his seat. Then again he might have been doing all that anyways. He'd successfully avoided any contact with the bride, and groom so far, which instead of relief  brought a pang of guilt in his gut. He'd expected it, but it was hard to prepare for something like that. Marco fought the guilt off, and watched the flower girl flowing down the isle. His foot quietly tapping to the rhythm of the violins, and the organ. The music was a great way to keep his mind off every dumb thing to enter his mind.

Marco noticed the flower girl turn around, and wink at someone at the other end of the aisle. Jerking his head around he saw one of the most elegant things he'd seen in his life. For a second he didn't even register who was in the carefully weaved pure white dress. The first thing that struck his mind was the sudden realization why they did wear black. Like any good artist knows certain colors make each other stick out more. With the sea of black the bride could pop out, and be as beautiful, and happy as she possibly could on her day. Marco smiled watching her walk, elegantly down the aisle. If he had to sweat like a pig for her to be overjoyed on this day he'd gladly submit.

As she finished, she stopped by the man Marco had assumed was Ethan Starks. He'd never actually seen what the guy looked like. He was facing in the other direction so he knew what his back looked like now. The priest started up what Marco considered very long winded questions, none were straight forward, but then again this was a wedding, these questions meant something, and had to sound like they meant something. Right near the end Cass made a speech. It was a beautiful speech too. It was also really mushy, making Marco's heart feel heavy. Cass had let everything out in that, hiding nothing. He'd probably never be able to tell Erica how he felt like Cass just then to Ethan.

Finally, after all the waiting, and anticipation the priest uttered the words that would finish the ceremony, and officially wed Ethan, and Cassidy Starks. 
“…You may kiss the bride.” The room was silent as the two embraced each, and kissed. The excitement in Marco's system almost burst out. He held his hands together so he wouldn't instinctively start clapping. They should be allowed to enjoy this one moment as if no one else was in the world, but them, and revel in it.        

614azrael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By 614azrael

Night Before

Blair was finishing the work on the gift she wanted to give the two. When Kaligar married her roughly a year or so ago he gave her two sets of bolters. The gun was more then a powerfull pistol in the Space Marine Chapters. It also stood for rank and strength, many made the firearm a icon to both their legacy and faith. A mix of black and gold two of the bolters were always on her. The other two were never put to use because of this and so as a gift to her sister and new brother in law she planed to give the other pair away. Guns for gifts wasn't exactly the most ideal pressent by most standards but she figured Cassidy understood. Engraved on the bolter she was to give to Ethan was "as long as you have her heart the devil has your back." Az didn't know Ethan Starks well but as family she would stand by his side at almostany time no matter the situation. On Cassidy's bolter she engraved a diffrent phrase. "The heart can be tamed but the dragons spirit never faulters." No matter the circumstance Ms Starks was first a fighter the other part of her family that wasn't as well known was raised to fight. Blair wanted her to be happy but remember who she was.

The Wedding

Azrael entered the anchient structure with a mix of anoyance and plessure towards the moment. Greece had a long history of war and the residence of the wedding was one of the grandest monuments to the battles before. It now had been restored though to it's past glory to be the location of the ceremony. For the couple it was great and hard to pick a more magestic place for the wedding. Az was greatfull they could pull it off, however this was not the only thought in her mind. Centuries of war were being soiled with love. Naturally the combination of a priest, joy and a place that called for violence was a bad mix. If this wasn't being done for her sister she likely would have massacred every living organism in a three mile radius. Fighting her nature however she took her seat and did her best to behave. Serenity arguably better mannered then her.

Her dress was strapless and black acented with bits of armor. The crimson and onyx colored armor remained attatched on her shoulders, breasts and of course the belt that held the dual pistols she loved so dearly. Warsman sat to her left and between them sat Serenity. Her birth was excelerated rapidly ageing to five years old in little time. Spawned from a demon she grew up to a point where she could learn and then slowed down. The young half breed sat playing with razor blades against Azra's skin as they waited for the wedding to start. Her body healed before Ren could make a mess while the pain helped Az stay well mannered. Blair wouldn't have been surprised if Wars or Cass laughed at them for their bizare antics.

After what seemed like an eternity things started and the crowd fell into a hush. It was as beautifull as any woman could dream of. Naturally Azrael took the blade from Ren and wedged it deep into her own arm before smiling at the child and going back to focusing on her sister. With everyone in black the white dress stood out like a becon. Thee rays of light comeing from the door gave it a surreal quality. Like a star or angel making her way down. Far from the truth in character but highly apropriate in beauty. Finally reaching Ethan the long speech was made. She wished her child had another blade so she could mutilate herself more and drown out the pastors words. She struggled to push aside the thoughts of violence and listen to his rambling.

Cassidy in traditional fashion chose not to prepare anything but rather speak from the heart. She might as well have wrote one though considering the quality. Tears ran down the cheeks of many of the people in the room. The moment as sweet as possible, Az couldn't be happier for her sister. Of course all the emotional lovey dovey matter made her and Serenity almost want to gag. They held off doing something that might harm the moment though despite the dificulty. Az at the moment of the two parting lips made a vow to herself. "Other then the wedding of Serenity and the first born of those two I'm never coming to one of these if I can avoid it."

Crazy_Eights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Crazy_Eights

Six Weeks Ago

Crazy laid unconscious tubes filling every possible part of him, keeping him from waking up. His body had been pushed to the max, so much so that his healing powers shorted out slightly. The rest of his body aka his brain and body organs were healed almost within a few days of his last mission. But his body it was almost beyond repair, the moments following his body organs reforming it shutdown his entire healing power practically shut down. It was slowly healing his body, but his entire torso, arms, and legs were all still burned beyond all recognition. He looked as if he was a slab of hamburger, and his family mourned for him with each day they came to visit. Each changing his dressings when they made visits, Chevie took it the hardest. Honor Girl had told her his last words, every night she would come and see him an every time she would leave crying so hard an so much by the fourth night she had no more tears to cry. She simply weeped for him, no tears as she remembered him telling her " We all are allowed four days of mourning when someone close to us dies. But after that fourth day Chevie you may only be sad for the person who has been taken, no more crying. Especially if it is for me alright little girl. I love you sweetness and I would be even more sad if I had to see you crying everyday alright?" He told her this moments before they all took off for their last mission. 

It has been three months since their last mission, and today something unexpected happened. Crazy woke up, he laid unconscious for the early hours of Friday the 13th. Moments after waking up he began to scream even after his body had healed what it had, the pain was still there and it was excruciating. He continued for six hours straight with the screams of pain, it echoed throughout the entire Champions of Peace every single voice within his mind screamed in pain. The hellfire did more than simply burn almost his entire body, it burned so hot an so much of his body that he will forever be in pain. Constant an excruciating pain forever, he was told as the painkillers were being injected into his body that they couldn't take the pain away but they could try an numb it. After the first two days he had stopped screaming, but his body was twitching beyond his control and he had to be restrained to be motionless. He pushed his emotions of anger an frustrations away the moment he saw her, Chevie had been allowed to visit him after the fourth day. She leaped into the bed with him, it caused him more pain but he didnt care he hugged her tight, tighter than he had ever thought he could. They were in each others arms for a few moments before she spoke "Uhhh Uncle.....I...cant..breathe....need...oxygen." He spoke in a raspy voice in reply "You will deal with it for a few more seconds." he said with a wide grin.  Soon they released each other an he told her he was fine, she knew well enough she heard his prognosis an knew what he was going through. But she didnt correct him, she was simply happy he was awake. 

Later that night a special someone came to his room, a tear rolled down her cheek as she sat at the end of his bed. He pulled the oxygen from his nose an smiled to her, she set down Gwen an Stacy on his legs. They were his two precious guns, they were burned in the hellfire but she had somehow retrieved them. He smiled to her "Thank you Cassidy, why the late night visit?" She began to cry and then hauled off an slugged him in the shoulder, he looked to her an then wondered "What the hell was that for?" She looked to him "You should of waited for us.....why did you need to be the hero?" Crazy hung his head in despair, he had put her through so much. But he knew it was the right thing to do "Because I was not going to loose my team, simple as that Cass. They were my responsibility after you lot took on the big guns. They were mine, by the way Cass hows Honor Girl been?" Cass leaned forward and turned Crazys head away an kissed him on the cheek, then she head-butted him HARD. He staggered in the bed for a few seconds "What the f#ck?!!!" he screamed. Cassidy laughed "That was from her, she is dealing with her own stuff and she hasnt been able to come up an see you. But she told me to do both of those things." Crazy cursed an then Cassidy put her hands on his. His hands were scalled an covered in a large scab, she held his hands "Please tell me your going to take the replacements Mom and Mike have made for you, I really want you at the wedding." Crazy took his hands out from hers an turned his head, he was ashamed to feel what he did but he hated Ethan for taking Cassidy away from him. He also hated the fact that he was a weakling now, one that needed help from prosthetics he lowered his voice "I'm not going to the wedding, I dont think Ethan would enjoy the man who wants his wife at the wedding." Cassidy slapped him across the face tears pouring down her face "Your such an ass, you honestly think I would let Ethan think that way. Or even be marrying him if he didnt care for you that much, he likes you Jacob." She was sobbing now, and Crazy replied "Well I dont like him, so I guess were f#cked....." Cassidy stood up from the bed an threw the invitation to the wedding at him, it hit him in the face before falling into his lap.  

Cassidy walked to the door before turning back around "If you dont come to the wedding because your too damn stubborn, Thats one thing Jacob. But if you dont come to the wedding because of your f#cking pride....I will never forgive you." With that Cassidy took a step out of the room before disappearing. Crazy looked at the invitation an reached down with his scab covered hands, picking it up he looked at it. Tears began to drip down onto the card, he ripped it to shreds before he dialed 100 on the morphine drip an rolled over an fell asleep. 

Moments Before The Wedding

"The light shined off them, its almost as if they are screaming in joy. God I hate these f#cking things,I look like a large reflector." Crazy said to himself as he walked into the Church, and everyone saw him in his new upgraded glory. He stood almost embarrassed, over his upper torso,legs and arms was a thick layer of new metal. Taking the idea from his suit he had created, Sarah and Mike developed a protection for his body. It was a blend of vibranium and adamantium, wrapped tightly around the parts of his body that were still healing. His body was still in repair mode, so they made it that as his body healed an new layers of skin were formed the prosthetics would simply move away from the skin. As soon as his body was fully healed, under the guide of Sarah and Mike the prosthetics would be removed. They were able to withstands temperatures up TO hellfire, and withstand a little after the first meeting with hellfire but no more.  

He stood embarrassed, but then Sarah came up an punched him in the gut. "You best go see Cassidy before she goes an gets dressed, you see her in the wedding dress before Ethan and hes going to kick your ass." Crazy flipped her off an ran to the dressing room, the metal clanking against the floor as he did so he sounded like a troop of elephants running down the hall. Skidding to a stop he burst through the door to Cass room his eyes shut tight he said "Alright....I'm stubborn but I cant make you cry, you look like a damn fool when you cry....Cass....are you there?...Are you naked? Can I open my eyes?" He felt her hands against his hands that were covering his eyes, she pulled them away and he opened his eyes. She was in civis still, she hadn't gotten into the dress yet. He sighed in relief and then looked at her fully, she was crying hard "Your an ass you know that right?" He nodded light a puppy who had brought home a fresh kill "That I am, you honestly thought I wasn't going to make it. Didn't ya?" She punched his chest, she waved her hand in slight pain. He buffed out his chest smiling "I AM IRON MAN!!!!!" They both laughed hysterically, and for a few moments thats all they did as he pretended to be Iron Man. Doing poses that Tony Stark would do, before he settled down. He walked towards the door "Now Cass, get in that damn thing an throw the rest of your life away. And remember the sex is now forbidden to him, you can forever take it away from him alright. You hold that much power now." He said it with a wide grin as he closed the door she threw a comb at him, it hit the door an he opened it again sticking his tongue out "Missed me!"  

The Moment of Truth- The Wedding

Crazy sat waiting for what seemed for an eternity before the doors opened. Gambler had her in arms, they were linked and they walked down the isle. Ethan stood at the alter with a grin that made every man in the room almost jealous, Crazy kept his emotions deep down an let her have this day. She was absolutely stunning, he couldn't believe such a tomboy like Cassidy could look so stunningly beautiful. He watched as she marched down the isle and over to Ethan, they spoke there vows but he ignored them he paid attention only to her and he thought "Wow the dress is beautiful...but it doesn't show her ass off enough." 
wild cat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By wild cat

Two Days Before The Wedding

Ted ran up the stairs and after a few minutes he ran down again. Ted, finally was acting his age, forgetful and whatnot. "Where did I put my tuxedo!" Ted said angrily, his patience was running thin as he knew there was two days left to go the Greece, find a gift which he knew nothing about since he always let someone choose a wedding gift for him in other weddings and buy a ticket for the plane. "Aha!" Ted exclaimed in relief as he found his tuxedo on what seemed to have been a treasure chest. The reason why he put his tux there was a mystery but he found and that was the important thing. He smacked the dust out and headed hastily into his room. He fitted his suit which, he had a hard time doing. "A little tight, but I think this will do."  With that, a loud ripping sound put troubles and worries in Ted's mind. He cocked his head as much as he could do the right and saw a big tear ran from the collars down. "Not my first prom suit!" the legendary fighter said as he took his tux off.

Lounge music covered the busy clothes department. The music covered and masked almost all of the costumer's voices, and if the music was absent it would have sounded like a rumble. Ted looked everywhere for the tux and ended up in one area of the department that had a fancy floor. Unlike the other parts/areas the floor was wooden and nicely polished Ted's footsteps thudded and a voice from nowhere spoke "I, am Roberto Aliases Duran! But you, my good sir, can call me R.A.D!" Ted looked to his left where the voice was heard. A tall, slim man with a mustache that fitted his Spanish accent perfectly. "Yeah, uh, I was planning on buying a tux, but I never really bought one before. I just asked someone to buy it for me, and I want to go in a wedding, and I don't plan on making people think I'm a pimp." Ted replied to the enthusiastic clerk. "Oh, I see. Now, let us make you a star in the night sky eh? Let's make you the show stopper and let's steal the grooms spotlight!" Ted raised his right eyebrow, geez, he just wanted to buy a pair of tux and slacks. 

After a few minutes and some angered costumers later, Ted has found the perfect tux. This was one occasion Ted actually felt he needed to suit up and one of the occasions he felt conscious about what he'd wear. This was, the wedding of Cass. They didn't really know each other personally, but Ted knows her as if he personally did know her. The stories about her are amazing. Ethan Starks though, was the one he knew nothing about. 

Wedding Day

This was the day most of the heroes and even villains waited for, the wedding of Cass and Ethan Starks.The day where two separate beings unite for eternity. Ted walked with his tuxedo on, he looked for a car to transport his teammates, Umbra, and Marco. But he ended up short, not on money (He never needed any since he has a lot of friends in Greece) but on loyalty. His friend who owned some awesome cars like Ferrari's and Mustang's seemed to have used the car Ted reserved for to transport drugs and guns. Ted grabbed Frankie's shirt and held him up in the air "I thought we had an agreement Frankie! How are we suppose to get the the freaking wedding now!" Ted exclaimed. "U-uhm, w-we have -a another car. But it's not that good in terms of condition." 

"A rusty piece of crap?" "Hey, I don't care if your a super hero guy, dude. Don't call my first girl that. She has a name. Her name is Elaine. "Ted let out a grunt, and started the truck which almost didn't start. As he drove the truck, "Elaine" was very kind, and painted the roads red as the vibration of the truck shook almost half the rust away. Even some of the pieces fell as Ted made his way to the wedding. 

After arriving at the location, Ted parked somewhere where the truck didn't bother anyone's eyes. 
Ted dusted himself off and entered the pantheon. The modernized looked to it was simply amazing. From a historic ruin to a beautiful piece of architecture, but it still wasn't enough to compare the beauty of this monumental day. Ted sat about three rows from the back and saw Cass being escorted by Gambler. Her mentor and a friend. Finally, Ethan Starks walked down the aisle as well, Cass and Ethan couldn't look more perfect together. They were, now a couple. Then with the magical five words that would join two lives together as one, Cass and Ethan kissed each other, and with that, Ted's adventures were worth it all.
Avatar image for emperor_von_doom
Emperor_von_Doom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Emperor_von_Doom

One Week Prior...

"Oi, gimme a few minutes!" 

"Sir, you have been in there for half an hour. There are other customers who need to-" 

"Ah, one minute, one minute more is all I ask," 

"You have thirty seconds." 

"Damn, it truly is Hell if the builders made this shop with only one dressing room." 

Kaligar posed again in front of the mirror, the tuxedo ruffling with his movements. He was actually sort of happy that the sleeves could not fit; that meant his arms would not be restricted! But there was still the matter of the tie. He had picked out a vibrant orange color, something to contrast with the black and white noir film he was wearing. Feeling satisfied with the tux, he threw the pants over the door and the garments landed on the face of a very confused sales clerk. The hinges busted off the wall as Kaligar kicked his way out of the dressing room. His bare feet slapped against the hot floor, truly the floor of Hell, and he posed spectacularly: legs spread, arms raised so his massive forearms would connect, and his waist bent to allow for a "pointing" maneuver. His mouth opened and a sort of crude battle cry emerged, his lungs emptying into the shrill cry. 

"ALRIGHT, SEND IN THE NEXT CUSTOMER!" 

But no one was really noticing what he said, or his odd posture, but instead most were focused on his lower body that was completely naked other than for a black speedo and the hair on his legs.  

"Aw yeah!" He said, sarcastically accenting the crowd's surprise.  

Azrael plucked a handful of her husband's hair and dragged him to the checkout counter, threatening to use his soul as currency if he gave more people "The Show." Intermingled with Kaligar's pleas for forgiveness, Serenity giggled merrily. While her mother paid the cashier, Serenity took her dad's sunglasses and posed like he did on top of the register. Kaligar joined her and he only served to inspire Azrael's annoyance. Such stupidity being taught to her child... 

"But you have to admit, I make shopping fuuun!" 

--- 

The Day Of...

"Oi, gimme a few minutes!" 

"You're going to miss getting a front seat!"  

"Nah, just save me one!" 

"I thought dad was ready?" 

"When we talk about your dad, you must learn patience." 

"I heard that!" 

Azrael smirked devilishly, the same smile that melted Kaligar's heart every time he saw it, and this time was no different. He stopped tying his tie and stood there, flabbergasted, for a second as Azrael entered with Serenity. He shook his head, cursing at himself for being so unprepared, and hopped up the steps as he tried to finish tucking in the blasted orange fabric down his shirt. He managed to keep his balance long enough to get up the restored Pantheon steps and then he was truly ready. He found Azrael sitting near the front row of chairs and slithered on the other side of Serenity. The little deviant was busy playing with her mother and a razor blade, so Kaligar didn't really think she would get into trouble - not here at least. 

His thoughts hit a brick wall when the room went eerily quiet. He was about to ask what was going on, but that was before he saw her. He adjusted his sunglasses which he somehow convinced Azrael to let him wear (she said "no" to the gold chain, so all was fair) and looked closer. There were no real words to describe how utterly mesmerizing she was, nor could Kaligar comprehend that this was actually happening. It flowed like a dream: perfectly. 

"IT REALLY IS HER! CASSIDY!" He thought, not wanting to spoil the moment.  

He watched her slow procession, guided by Gambler, and he covered his face with his arm, sniffling a bit. Serenity tugged at his shirt - there were no sleeves - and asked: "What's wrong dad? Are you seriously crying?" 

"N-No, Serenity," he said through the tears. "I'M WEEPING! These are tears of joy and pride! What kind of man can I call myself if I cannot allow myself to enjoy this unforgettable moment of happiness?!" 

Serenity rolled her eyes and sank into her chair, arms crossed with a pout. 
Mr. Mercury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Mr. Mercury

Kyoto, Japan, Essex Estate - Two Days Before the Wedding 

[Japanese Dialogue] 

"How was he around you?" Yashima asked opening the sliding door leading to their backyard. Julius shook his head a faintly frowned, "He doesn't remember anything about me, but he still treats me like his big brother. He already gave me a nickname." Julius picked up a bamboo woven basket and continued talking, "It reminds me of, her. She did the same thing when I saw her after that reality warp" Yashima started clipping chrysanthemum flowers as he responded, "I don't think his death had anything to do with his amnesia, that girl had something to do with it." 

"You think--", Jimi's childish voice interrupted Julius. "Dad, are you going with us?" Julius rubbed the top of Jimi's head and hugged him with one arm. "No son, I promised to help Samara cook" Yashima rose off one knee. "I'll see you when you come back." Yashima smiled and walked back towards the house with a bouquet of pink flowers, but suddenly stopped "Julius!" He turned around and tossed Julius something rectangular and black, "I found your wallet in the study" Jimi giggled and intercepted the wallet before Julius could grab it. Yashima laughed before he briefly waved and returned to the house.  

"Who is this?" Jimi asked searching through Julius' wallet. Julius narrowed his eyebrow's, "Who?" He leaned over Jimi shoulder and snatched the wallet from his hands when he laid eyes on the picture. Julius forgot he had pictures snugged in his wallet, he slipped out two more pictures, tossed them in the air. A green sphere flashed where the pictures were thrown in the air. Jimi watched the sphere disappear as the pictures fell to the floor as ashes. "Come on Jimi" Julius picked up the basket and walked across the grass field towards the western backyard gate The western backyard gate had a path that lead to their vegetable garden.  

"Julie, who was that girl?" Jimi asked trying to catch up with Julius. Julius shrugged and smiled, "My super-evil ex girlfriend"  

Athens, Greece, The Greek Parthenon - the Wedding

Julius left his hotel, twenty minutes later than planned. Fernando Meirelles, his director, held him up over the phone. More like a long scolding session about putting his female lead, Abbey Wang, in danger. Julius wasn't responsible for Grim Reapers deciding to kill him and destroy his entire apartment complex. Luckily they were filming in Japan, so Julius crashed at his dad's Kyoto estate; but now, he quickly walked up the restored Parthenon stone steps.  Walking closer he could hear the indecipherable hum of wedding guest talking to one another. He opened the tall regal door and saw the seats were nearly full.  To avoid bringing attention to his near late arrival, he walked down the aisle and searched for the first empty seat he could eye 

A middle aged man angrily gestured Julius to take a seat as Pachobel began to play. He sat down in a the middle section of pews and the wedding ceremony began seconds after. Julius turned around in his seat along with the guest seats to watch the grand entrance. The flower girl walked through the aisle, promising that the event they all anticipated had begun with her presence. After the flower girl walked through the aisle, the Queen of the Night was escorted by the Utopia ruler Jean-Luc Lebeau.  

As she graced through the aisle, Julius understood why he was so fascinated with Cassidy. In a dress as white as Japan's winter snow, Cassidy looked like an angel in it's purest form. Julius only witnessed her displayed tomboy demeanor. Then it all connected in front of him like a six -letter word puzzle. Cassidy was a women. A woman a man could love. A woman a man did love and desired to spend the rest of his life with. 
mantoidx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By mantoidx

Day Before the Wedding - Sierra Leone

Freetown, the capitol of Sierra Leone, stricken with poverty and filled with pain. Huts built from straw and mud compacted together struggled to stand through a weak storm. Flowing through the city, filled with waste and debris was the main water supply, the river. Away from the river a few miles was a family of four, a mother, two daughters and a son. The eldest daughter was assigned the task of retrieving water each and every morning at sunrise. She was on her journey down to the river bank, balancing a large water holding container on her head. Dipping her hand wrist deep into the clouded water, she lifted her hand and diseased contaminants in the water remain on her hand. Speaking a few words in her native tongue, she started to dip the jar into the water when a woman stopped her arm. Dark skinned and as weary as any other resident of Freetown, this woman had one factor about her appearance that was out of the ordinary, her eyes. Colored a bright ocean blue, her irises appeared to flow like water around her pupils. Lifting a finger up to her own lips, the woman circled her lips and touched the tip of her finger in the water.

Instantly the foreign materials in the water fled, retreating like a shadow exposed to light. Dazed the girl could not imagine what her eyes were seeing, the entire river becoming clean again, crystal clear blue water. Scooping a handful of water with her hand she took a sip and tasted fresh, pure water. The girl's eyes lit up, a tear coming to the side of her eye. Setting her bucket down, she looked around for the woman who had miraculously cleansed the water, but she was nowhere to be found. A distance away, swimming swiftly at the bottom of the river, was a light skinned mermaid, a member of the Champions of Peace, Mantoid.

Wedding Day - Greece

Washing up on the shores of Greece, near Athens, Erika Mackenzie was in need for an outfit for the wedding occasion. Reminded by a dolphin a few hours earlier that the wedding of Ethan and Cassidy was today, the goddess of the oceans wasted no time in her traveling to the Mediterranean. Thinking about her interactions with the two of them, she realized that they had been sparse, but as a member of the Champions, she was proud to be invited to such a wedding. Capturing the sight of the Mediterranean's beauty, she wanted to revisit these seldom visited waters after the wedding. Changing to her legs from her mermaid tail, she acquired some articles of clothing and walked into the town, in search of a dress.

Stepping foot into a fancy store, she was quickly stopped by two employees who told her that she was not dressed appropriately to enter into the store. Giving a gold coin to each of them in exchange for their cooperation, Erika smiled when they said she could select any outfit she liked, that her payment was more than enough. Minutes later, she left the store wearing a blue dress that had caught her eye, one of the less expensive dresses at the store. Scraping the seaweed from her hair she tried to look like a normal human.

Gaining admission into the Wedding, she held a one liter bottle of water in her hand and unscrewed the lid. Extracting the water, she refilled the bottle with a different kind of water, known as heavy water. Writing a small note on the bottle she said that it was unsafe to drink in large quantities and that it can be used for making heavy ice cubes that sink to the bottom of a glass instead of float, due to the density of the heavy water. This was her gift to Ethan and Cassidy. Placing her gift on the table filled with gifts, she took a seat and waited for the ceremony to begin.
CellphoneGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By CellphoneGirl

Memories 

I stare at my closet wondering what i should wear for the wedding. Like i have so many awesome dresses that it’s too hard to choose which one would summon up the awesomeness of being in a wedding. “Ugh... If only i had the most beautifulest dress in the world.. Wait! I do!” Reaching into the closet i grabbed out a dress that i had bought last weekend while dress shopping with a few of the Champion Girls.  

After putting on the dress i stared at myself in the reflection to make sure everything was every so well. The dress reached like two inches above my feet, well with the lavender heels on. The dress itself was dark blue mixed with lavender through out it. The sleeves were basically just straps.   

As i wait for my Aunt Risky to pick me up for the Wedding i figure that it would be a calming way to pass the time if i were to sit in front of my apartment reminiscing some memories. I would be inside the place, but Laura isn’t home.. so it’ll be all boring and stuff. To make the memory daydreaming fun more possible i pull out my phone to look for a picture i had someone take of me smiling ever so awesomely while sitting next to Cass with Zachery on my lap wagging his tail.   

Cass and I haven’t exactly been as close as we could have got during the time she was on Champions of Peace. Her leaving doesn’t mean that we’ll stop keeping in touch, it’ll be impossible by how much some of the members on this team care for her. There was this one time that the two of us shared that would be unforgettable in my mind.   

Around the time the team first joined i had seriously couldn’t find Cellular Dog for the life of me! I looked like everywhere. I checked the beach, my room, the kitchen, War Killer’s room, then my room, MR’s office, and i ended up with no clues. So i just sat myself in the hallway alone wondering where the hell my dog could have gone. Not to far i noticed a redheaded lady carrying a gun with her. She looked a tad to young to be Mistress Redhead, so i figured it must have been that one chick i have yet to actually start talking to.   

She took one look at me and said “Um.. hi there” I looked up and wondered if she’d like to help me find my puppy. “What’s up?” She then looked a bit unsure of what to say. “I’m on my way to have a word with Sov about a mission. My name is Cass by the way.” Standing up enthusiastically i extended my arm to great her. “I’m Blair.” After that she then walked to where she was headed.  

“Hey not to bug you or anything.. but have you seen my dog Zachery? He’s like.. small. Puppy size, has a cute little collar, and he might have been wearing his cape. Not sure.. I now wonder if i might have put his cape away in the closet.. or left it attached to his collar..” She looked at me confused as i talked. “I haven’t seen him.. How long has he been gone?”  

“Zachie has been gone for like two whole hours! Ah it’s driving me nuts not knowing where he could be!” Looking at me with a bit of concern she rested her right hand on my left shoulder. “Sov could wait a bit. I’ll help you find your dog Blair”  

For the next twenty minutes we searched the whole entire place looking for him and he still couldn’t be found anywhere yet, or at least it felt like we did, because damn my feet were killing me. The last place we figured to check was the danger room that was mainly used for the Young Champions. Even though i highly doubt he would have been in there it was worth a try. 

When we got there we were absolutely shocked. In the room above that controlled what went on in the danger room we saw with our very own eyes that Cellular Dog was destroying other robots along with War Killer’s dragon Larry. “Holy shit.” we both said.’’   

Now 

Recalling what had happened i looked at my phone to see that time did fly by, and that Auntie Risky should be seriously be like here by now. I look around the corner to see a black limo pulling up. A man got out of the car to open the door for me, when i got in i saw Risky inside holding a glass of wine i think.. that or kool-aid, and all i could say was that awesomeness ran in the family because she looked stunning. 

To be continued in Risky's post. 
XRiskyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By XRiskyX

„Damn girl, you look hotter than a pepperoni!“

Risky’s spontaneous comment was met with one of those irresistible 1.000.000 volt smiles as her niece got into the black limo. And as if Blair ha not been content with her pretty face and breathtaking smile she had dressed to kill today in a mixture of blue and lavender. Like a waterfall the beautiful blue dress fell down her teenage body and subtly hinted at slim curves while at the same time hiding them from the interested onlooker. Shades of lavender accented and highlighted where the cloth created folds whenever she moved and created an almost mesmerizing spectacle on her nearly bare shouldered body. Decent but at the same time fitting jewellery in matching colours accessorized her outfit and made for an almost perfect picture of style and beauty combined. The culmination of all that was Blair’s own hair that shifted through the whole colour spectrum depending on her mood but at the same time managed to always lend another level of tasteful flamboyance to her appearance while not disturbing or even violating the colour code.

Risky on the other side had not held back in the choice of her wardrobe for this reason either although she ha chosen another approach. Black leather boots with low heels clad her feet and contrasted well with the flares of her white trouser suit over a red blouse. The clean white of her suit was only a shade brighter than her pale complexion and let the red only appear the more intensive like a vibrant crimson. She wore no make up nevertheless the natural ruby red of her lips corresponded well with the red of her blouse and her raven hair mirrored the black of her shoes in a convenient symmetry to open and close the package. On ornaments she had decided to go on nothing but silver ear rings and a David stern around her neck of the same material. For her taste it was the optimal outfit as it allowed her to appear not too feminine but at he same not neglect that part of her like she had done so often in the past. A perfect balance.

With her model of a niece right before her eyes and seeing how she stylishly took a seat in the soft black leather pads across from her Ruby could not help but think that style indeed ran in the family. The Glassmann/Świerczyński pair would not be most beautiful women on the wedding today, that honour belonged solely to the bride on her special day, but they would make a damn good attempt at a shared second place. Even the luxurious limousine, black and looking like it could part the horizon as a black bolt, a powerful shark in the ocean of usual traffic with an almost decadent several cubic feet big interior filled with black leather, an oversized dvd screen and a minibar with cooled champagne, bled pure awesomeness.

Head shaking was the only reaction Risky could react with on the whole situation. Blair and Risky had quickly become very good friends, after all she was a very cool person to hang around with and part of the Glassmann weapon fanaticism ran in her blood too, but the idea of having a niece was still weird. Most of her life she had seen herself as a neglected only child always trying to please her unattainable father and had never even bothered to think of what would have been if she had a sister only to be surprised with a half sister out of a sudden. It looked as if her dad had not been the upright, stern man she had always seen him as, that he had been a man after all who needed love like everyone else. The certainty of this, of how the picture of her father had been smashed into a million little American dream fragments, only slowly trickled into her stubborn mind but although she had tried to evade her half sister who never got to know their father so far she had tried to be a cool aunt for Blair. Judging from how Blair looked at her with success.

“Okay niecey, better not get to comfortable here because this baby will only bring us to the airport where we will board our own Learjet that will bring us to Greece where another one of those babies will get us to the wedding. Champagne?”

“Don’t know if I should, auntie. I mean I’m just 17 and all…”

“Ah, don’t worry, your mom won’t mind and I’m your aunt after all. One glass will be okay to toast on the wedding.”

A bit insecure Blair reached for the elegant glass with the sparkling liquid in her aunt’s hand but the roguish smile on her aunts face convinced her that it could not be too bad. Still smiling the two women toasted at each other. The resulting movement of the champagne brought the bubbles to foam and the light in the car was reflected on the glass in interesting new patterns. And as the sweet foam wine ran down Lady Lucks throat she dedicated a few thoughts to the bride herself at whose wellbeing they had just bumped their glasses. Risky did not know Dark Huntress very well but that did not hinder her to respect the fierce warrior. The young woman had lived through the most horrible events and never lost her will to fight on. Contrary to Risky she had became a part of CoPs fighting for the good there instead of confronting evil on its own turf with its own methods like Risky did on Wolf Pack. Two strong women, two valiant warriors. Now that she thought of it Risky wondered why they had not met or even clashed earlier. Well, there’s no time like the present, the female merc reminded herself as the champagne reached her stomach and she laid back to start a relaxed chat about who would be there with whom and who would most likely create the most abhorrent fashion sacrilege.

Several hours later:

Greece, where the gods still walked among men. Now that Risky sat in the chair rows at this exotic wedding place between columns and long forgotten temples and her right seat neighbour was a statue of Apollo she finally understood that old saying. It was as if legends had come to life again for a single day only to honour a person who had achieved countless herculean deeds. Everything here breathed legend, ancient dignity and epicness, a feeling that permeated the very foundation of this day among the restored ruins. The warm sun produced a comfortable dry heat and lay a fantastic, almost enchanting atmosphere over the whole scenery. And under the same comforting sun a collection of the world’s most illustrious super beings including Risky waited for only two persons…
Sovereign Son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Sovereign Son

Three days before the events of this RPG

The door to her room creaked open, it had been a hell of a day, three days before the biggest day of her life, three days before she married the man she planned to spend the rest of her life with. Cassie had retreated a safe house in London, she had kept herself moving day in and day out collecting her thoughts about the wedding and where she now stood in her life. The carpeted floor sent a sensation of relief over her body as she kicked off her boots and socks, she walked over to the hard oak dress that sat at the far side of the room, reaching into the top draw she suddenly span round, the 9mm pistol was aimed low at the intruders head. She knew he had been setting in the chair at the other side of the bed as soon as she had entered, it’s where she would have been! In the blind spot behind the door as the target entered the room.

Michael Lockhart sat with one leg resting on the other, his trademark katana where not on his back and he was dressed in a white t-shirt and jeans. She swore under her breathe as her heart rate slowed allowing her to realise the gun was to light.” You get the one under the bed too?” she asked already knowing the answer, Mike smiled “And the behind the TV and the air vent next to the window!” She slouched against the dresser crossing her feet in front of her and looked straight at him. “What do you want Mike?, your obviously not here to fight or the two of us would be bleeding by now.” Damn the mental blokes in his head she thought to herself. This was the other side of the coin, Gambler was charming and charismatic in all of his actions, Mike was a brick wall who was just as dangerous, she made a mental note to never play either of them at poker.

“Cass” he leant forward  a sad gleam crossed his eyes, “I don’t want to fight you I never have, you’re a lockhart, perhaps not by blood but your still a daughter to me.” He sighed and stood slowly “I am not going to say I am angry, I am not going to lie to you about that, I gave a year of my life to Gambler in order to protect you and Ethan, a year and you ran straight to him and your mum is heartbroken” Her gaze fell to the floor for the smallest moment at the mention of MR “But her anger is from how much she loves you and girl you got a lot of people that do.” Mike began walking towards the door “Don’t you ever forget that, The Shadow Squad won’t come after you, I have made that clear to them, you are off limits and I would suggest staying away from Crazy for a while.” 

His hand reached for the door knob and began twisting it and as it opened to he turned one last time on the girl who had become his daughter. “Cheive wanted to come, you know I could not stop her if I tried, Be a good sister to her” Mikes face changed in an instant, the black mamba surfacing “If you ever harm her or I find out you play a part in her being harmed, I’ll kill you daughter or not, I’ll bring the whole goddamn world down around you.” turning his back to her, Sovereign Son began to walk away and for a moment he stopped his head dropping the weight of the world pushing against him as he thought of his wife and the girl that stood behind him.” I am happy for you Cass, I hope you find happiness where ever you look for it. A farther is never prouder of his daughter then on her wedding day. It means she has grown into a women.” And before she could reply he was gone.

Constantine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By Constantine

The 25th Century

The year was 2496 and a rather un-shy man stood on the beach of Agamemnon, of the Galapagos Islands (named after the original), on the planet Sundry, the fifth planet ever to be inhibited by the Humans of Earth. Space travel was still fairly new. This man stood bare, apart from his ignanium (a highly priced metal) wedding ring and gold watch, in the pearly white sands, watching over the crisp blue and silver seas that went on for what seemed would be an eternity if they were not to be cut off by the pitch black sky at the horizon. "Tally hoe!" erupted from his lungs and in an instant a champagne bottle was lobbed into the air and out to sea. With one quick fluid motion his hand shot up, shaped like a gun, and from his two forefront fingers came a beam of golden energy that zipped through the Mediterranean night sky and obliterated the bottle into a million sparkling pieces. Then came the raucous cheers from the small crowd of drunkards gathered behind Constantine. Together the laughed, enjoying the moment, enjoying how drunk and funny and stupidly rich they all were.

Collapsing onto his right shoulder and drunkenly caressing Constantine's body was his recently wedded bride, Star Roulette, a beautiful blonde goddess and the biggest celebrity of the 25th Century (although she barely did anything), she was bloody good fun Con thought. She pounced on him in he silky white lingerie and they embraced like a young, drunk, newly wed, stupid couple should. All tongue. Constantine loved weddings! He loved weddings! Weddings! A wedding! An important wedding! for unimportant wedding! Oh shipmate! Con knew there was something he'd forgot, ever since he got back there was something playing in the back of his mind, something he knew he must do. Attend Cass and Ethan's wedding. How daft of him. Four hundred years in the dark of his mind. Anyway better late than never. So he released his wife, only to have her fall onto the soft pearly white sands in her stupid drunkenness, before trudging through the small crowd half of which were still cheering, whilst the near other half were making out. Though he was certain one was sleep walking.

Determined he made it up the small sand dune and back to the several lit bonfires and marques, outside a giant hotel, that accompanied many more guests whom most of which he had no clue as to who they were. Eventually he made it to his dark trousers, he could not turn up to a friends wedding naked. Not again at least. So he pulled on his trousers, zipped and buttoned them but left the braces to hang beside him whilst he collected his shirt. Which was now dry and laying on a marble patio. He pulled that on also, buttoned it to the top and slapped on the braces. The rest of his attire seemed a mystery, until he caught site of the lit rainbow swimming pool, which he briefly remembered jumping into from the top of the hotel. How fun. In a single thought he was upon the roof, topped with wonderful contraptions which kept this hotel and all its staff running. On a part of the diamond surface which had not been covered by a silver spinning bob or a golden swishy swashy, he caught glimpse of his clothes. Jumping over, going through and traveling around the obstacles blocking his path he made it to a pile of material. The red bow tie went on first, bow ties are cool, Con thought with a gracious grin. He slipped on the smart black boots and tied them up with flowing movement. He slipped the tweed jacket over himself, slicked back up his bouffant hairstyle and then pressed a button on the inside of his collar, which fed whatever information he wanted to know straight to his brain "ah yes, the Greek Parthenon, I remember it well..."

Then & Now

"AAAAARRRRRGH!" He landed with a dull thud and lay still for a moment, apparently not so well he thought as he groaned to turn himself onto his back and stare up at the beautifully made ceiling, "I remember putting in a second floor" he muttered to himself, struggling to get up with aching muscles and a time-washed mind, he was experiencing a mild hangover, time travel teleportation can release any poisonous toxins or alcohol from the body, it tends to be a bugger sometimes. Then he realised people were staring. Of course maybe it was cause a funny looking, hunk of a man fell from the closed ceiling, or in fact because, looking at his watch (which displayed a handful of confusing dials on its face, of which only one like Constantine can read) he deduced that, to these people he was in fact deceased, or at least obliterated into many different particles whilst taking down a fleet of enemy Skrull spaceships. 

Flamboyantly he jumped to his feet, jacket and hair flying about him, his hands went up in a playful 'you found' gesture, looking around, he had that gracious and happy grin on his face once more, sitting and standing he could see all his old friends (or at least acquaintances), and in the statues and work around him he could see older ones. There was Risky, Blair, Crazy, Gambler and Renton, all familiar faces. He stared with a childlike wonder, which he never outgrew, at everyone, then he reached the main two, Ethan and Cassie. The beloved couple, he ran up the aisle which he stood in the middle of, and straight to them shouting congratulations. Reaching the two with a charming smile he kissed Ethan on both cheeks and shook Dark Huntress' hand pulling back a he looked puzzled briefly "or is that the other way round?" he threw of a charlatan chuckle and absorbed the good and happy emotions around him, projecting them twice over. "I love weddings!" he stated aloud, "anywho, sorry bout that, congratulations! to the both of you, and your accomplishments!" he gave Cassie a cheeky wink, knowing full well the information she did, what good is being from the future, if you don't know the past? "Yes, carry on!" he then saw Chevie and rustled her hair, so cute, "so young" he gave another charlatan chuckle before joining Gambler in the seats, still with most playfully charming smile anyone could behold, watching them with wonderment.
The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14  Edited By The_Ghostshell

As he sat amongst the collective guests draped in their ceremoniously designed fashions, the aristocratic assassin flashed his authenticated Cheshire Cat grin while taking pride in his superior sense of style. His tailor made light black slim cut Christian Lacroix silhouette with peak lapels and a signature Victorian drawn inlay print was reflective of his flamboyant nature. Subtly adjusting his silver embroidered Hellfire Club cufflinks while the bride to be poured her very existence into her vows, the audience was disrupted as his phone suddenly rang out obnoxiously. "Xcuse me." Pardoning himself, Gambler made his way past the disapproving stares and head shakes pushing open the decorative double doors leading out into the hall before acknowledging the voice on the other end. "I told you, liquidate dee assets and redistribute dhem throughout our banks in Milan. Melt dee vibranium down and have it converted into coins. Dee rest of dee funds I want secretly funneled into Presidential hopeful Andrew Tudor's campaign. I want him to know he has the full support of myself and dee Hellfire Club. Understood? Excellent. Beau jour" Slipping back inside the self-proclaimed King of Kings rested nonchalantly against one of the many magnificently sculpted marble masterpieces adorned around the reception. Igniting the idea of constructing his own stonework likenesses forever solidifying his precious legacy, but that would have to wait as more dramatic details needed to be sorted. Entering a transitional period from Utopian Ambassador back to the Black King of the Hellfire Club would require the bulk of his focus if he were to bring the illustrious organization back to its reigning position of prominence. 

Salt riddled tears of enthusiasm and joy had continuously trickled down the faces of many in attendance as they willfully lost themselves in the fairytale merriment unfolding before them. The products of two different Worlds somehow finding each-other amidst the adversity placed before them was a tale for the ages. One not soon forgotten. Having allowed himself a brief moment of reflection Jean Luc returned to the seat behind the dashingly displaced time manipulator, Constantine. Leaning forward he placed one hand on the Englishman's shoulder before whispering, "I have need of someone with your, unique talents. Find me during dee reception, we have much to discuss timebender."

Ethan Starks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Ethan Starks

“Say that again?” Striding down a long corridor in the Roman monument the Pantheon was Ethan Starks, CEO of Starks Enterprises and his personal advisor Kreia Myrick. “The wedding is being broadcast live and internationally.” Ethan scowled, his eyes narrowed as his paste hastened. He made a sharp left down the next hall and into a small chamber built into the confines of the spacious structure. “Why is it that suddenly, minutes before the ceremony, I am informed of this? Don’t I deserve a warning as not only the Groom but the sole funder and executive of the company who would be gaining substantial increases to its revenue from such publicity…” Ethan was never the type to truly let his emotions go. In a majority of instances he was mild mannered. Nor was a he a sociable person. Outside of personal pursuits Ethan avoided interaction. To know that an event so close to his emotions would be exposed to the masses of people in a time still foreign to him gnawed at his very sanity. With a deep breathe he dispelled the rising turmoil inside him and made the decision that was required. “… Just make sure there are no cameras in my face. Now if you don’t mind I’ve got a crowd to stand in front of and a woman to make happy.”

As Ethan sauntered up the long, milky white carpet that led to the altar his mind meandered across the details of the setting. Ethan body was masterfully tailored into an Armani Collezioni black striped wool-silk three button suit with flat front pants and a dashing pair of Ralph Lauren shoes, all black for the occasion.  Reaching the altar he was amazed at how much brighter it was. The stage that the Reverend stood atop was position directly under the oculus at the dome’s apex, the main source of lighting throughout the area. Ethan gazed up at the opening, his back facing the direction Cassidy would arrive. As the chatter of the audience became stifled Ethan knew she had arrived. His heart began to thump a bit harder and he moved to loosen his collar a bit. With every step she took Ethan’s heart slowed in pace until the beat and her gait were in synch. Once she was by Ethan’s side his heart skipped a beat, their eyes meeting and their love being expressed through raw, unbridled emotion. He was sure the people watching could feel the passion in the air as well. The ceremony begun as the two held hands and Cassidy delivered a beautiful message, christening his ears with her words.

As she concluded her heartfelt vows a powerful, spell inducing silence fell over the Pantheon. Ethan drew in a quick breathe, dispersing the lump that surfaced in his throat and speaking with some clarity. “Before you I was a lost soul. I care for little and bothered very few things outside of my own inventions. You taught me to interact and you gave me purpose. From the moment I saw you, I knew I had to have you. You took me out of my comfort zone and made a new nest for me to grow in. You nurture me and make me feel secure. Before I thought I could live without anything. Now I realized I would be lost without you. I love you Cassidy, I loved you then, I will love you now, and I will never let you go.”

“You may kiss the bride,” were the Reverend’s last words. With eager sensuality the lovers stepped close, gazes locked, enthralled in each other’s appearance.    Doves sang a melody as they fluttered about The Pantheon.   The crowd watched in silence as the two lips met in Holy Matrimony. Ethan closed his eyes, reveling in the sheer euphoric sensation spread throughout his vessel.    This moment was drowning in nirvana. He held her tight in his arms, a tear settling upon his cheek as a sharp pain echoed throughout his head…

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 12

#16  Edited By Darkchild
 Before the Wedding 

Gen stood in front of a large mirror, he cracked his neck and loosened the collar around his new suit. Hadnt worn this kind of suit in quite sometime, it even burned slightly as he wore it. But eh cared not for the tiny bits of pain, he smiled as he looked at his new "look" before he kicked something underneath the desk. A sloshing sound was heard as his foot made contact with the object, he stood up an walked out a door. Numerous men an women walked past, all of them he knew personally. They walked as if he was nothing, nothing more than a mirage something that fit so perfectly into its surroundings they didnt fear it. They didnt even know it existed until his role came to light, he walked to the large doors at the front of the church and stood watching people move in an out of the church. A single charming and almost creepy smile etched his face as he shook every hand that, showed itself to him. He even held the hands of the people who have burned him so many times in his life, Gambler was the one who stopped momentarily to look him over once. Darkchild flinched, his ruse almost brought down he bowed his head to Gambler as he walked in. Then the King of Kings continued inside, Darkchild tapped something in his pocket an spoke softly "Continue the thought blocks my son, do not allow for any of the telepaths to read my real thoughts Jacobi." His son spoke softly against this but Darkchild barked his orders "Do as your told boy, she deserves this. She didnt accept your baby brother, she allowed for the darkness I spewed inside her to be taken away before it could transform into a offspring. Blame her for everything, she deserves this." Darkchild didnt want his son to know the real reason he was doing all this, for the sheer pleasure of her pain. 

The Moment of Truth 

Darkchild stood next to the two lovers, Ethan looked surprisingly handsome in the tux he was wearing yet something was off. Darkchild watched as her lips moved he had pushed the words away, he didnt want to be ruined by the moment. His thoughts were filled with the sheer joys of his own thoughts, the moments that would come would be so bittersweet. So long had he planned this moment, he looked to Ethan as Cassidy finished her vows and smiled to him. Then Ethan began his own, they were surprisingly perfect for each other. This disgusted Darkchild, not because of Cassidy being with Ethan but with Ethan being with her. He spoke to himself inside that dark place he called a mind "What this man would do if he knew the pleasure she felt, that wouldnt be quite as juicy as this is. Not nearly as much." In his own mind he almost missed the end of Ethans vows, and was standing there momentarily before it was his turn to speak. He cleared his throat and uttered the words every loving couple wishes to hear 

"You May Kiss The Bride...." He spoke shutting the bible in his hands, it burned to his touch. His skin sizzled but the pain was worth it as he watched them embrace each other. How everyone cheered for them, tears streaming down every single member of the congregation faces. Suddenly Darkchild couldnt help himself to laugh, the church filled for a brief moemnt full of a manical laughter. Before a rush of energy splashed out from the Reverands body, the appearance of a portly an soft spoken Reverand was gone replaced with the laughter of a mad man. The sound of blood splashing against the ground echoed in the now silent room. Darkchild was amazed at how everyone sat there eyes wide as he stood there, Ethan's breathes were growing weaker an less frequent. He pulled his body towards his, feeling the sleek an wet features of his insides. Then his mind opened and he returned to reality as everyone was still cheering loudly as the two kissed. The reverand he was portraying dropped the bible, cracking his neck he spoke outloud "
Nah....too showy, I think this will do quite nicely." In a flash Darkchild slammed his palm against Cassidy just between her breasts his hand rested for a few moments, he felt three heartbeats.....then he pulled back on the amount of energy he released in his palm. Blasting her backwards into the audience, he spun around an slammed his fist through Ethans chest. Ethan grabbed his arm an tried wrenching it free from his ribcage. Nothing but blood came from his chest, Darkchild gripped at his insides and then held hard onto his heart " Whoever thought we would ever be closer. To think, I'm closer than she ever will be to your heart. HAHA!" He screamed as he gripped onto Ethans heart an ripped it from his body. 

Without even looking at Huntress he tossed the still beating heart into the crowd, in an instant the entire congregation turned into one person as they moved in unision towards Darkchild. Darkchild bent down in one fluid motion lifting Ethans lifeless corpse up by his insides, and then turning to the congregation shook his finger at them "Uh-uh...not yet.!" He said and with a single loud boom a portal opened behind him an he leaped backwards into it. Leaving Cassidy and the rest of the congregation to mourn, the single most devestating moment for Cassid O'Rourke...... 

Tenebrasque In-24 Hours Later  

Darkchild had planned for this moment since the seconds after he heard of the two love birds wedding, setting up the chemicals and the scientists. They attached countless tubes and other parts to Ethan's lifeless corpse, soon Darkchild stood over what could be crudely refered to a "Cyborg". He rested his hand on Ethan's chest, closing his eyes his arm began to glow bright orange. He was channeling the hellfire he had control over, and was transfering it into Ethan's body. The Elixer of Life he called it as it flowed from his body and into Ethan's, his body twitched as the transfer was complete. Darkchild then placed his hand onto Ethan's forehead, Darkchilds eyes rolled into the back of his head as he began to rewire Ethan's brain. Turning him into the perfect soldier, a man without a heart and with the mindset that Darkchild was his only family now. Darkchild released Ethan and a stream of blood flowed from his nostrils, Darkchild fell to his knees the ordeal of transfering a portion of hellfire into Ethan and then rewiring his brain had taken alot out of him. Standing with the help of his wife and that of Erebus, he looked down at the still motionless Ethan Stark's. "Poetic isn't it, I allowed her to continue to live so that I could take her one true happiness away from her....and he still won...she still carries his seed. His seed won where mine lost, I had only intended to kill him at the wedding. But the moment I sensed those two little trogs inside her....I decided to be a sore loser." Justice smiled an commented "Sounds like you threw a tantrum because you lost..." Darkchild looked to her an smiled "Maybe...but this is just the more satisfying experiance. Killing the man she loves, and then reviving him with no memories of her." Darkchild smiled leaving Ethan to revive on his own, he stopped outside the door as it shut slowly. Speaking to the guards outside the room "Make sure he doesnt leave, when he wakes I will need to speak with him. The moment he awakes....contact me, and if anything beyond what happens in this place you call home seems out of the ordinary contact me." Darkchild marched down the hall triumphant, but he knew full well he had just opened something monumental. He had scarred Dark Huntress before, but not like this he knew full well this would not go on without reprocussions.

-Hesperus-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By -Hesperus-

It had been a few weeks since most people had received their invitations for the wedding of Cassidy O'Rourke and Ethan Starks, but the young assassin known as Hesperus had almost forgotten about it. After all, it had been two years since he was invited. 

Recently, Damian Rayne had renewed his attempts on the life of his brother in destiny, Jason Dodd. One such attempt was interrupted by Father Time, an elder of the fundamentalists, who sent the boys hurtling back in time, with no powers to assist them. After spending two years in the realm of King Arthur, Jason and Damian were returned home. Immediately Damian apologised for the actions which caused their temporary banishment from the present, but these words were false and empty. In truth, Hesperus had experienced a true taste of life, and he was more adamant than ever that he would not give that up. But he knew that he wouldn't be able to defeat Eclipse in a one-on-one fight, especially now neither of them had their powers. He would have to be much smarter this time. The plan was still forming in his mind, but someday soon he would put it into action, and gain his freedom from the cursed fate which surrounded his life. 

The morning before the wedding was due to take place, Damian was training in the Champions Tower. He had not abandoned all he had learnt about heroism, but he was so focused on his mission once more that other duties took a backseat to his plans. This time, he would not fail. This time, he had devised the perfect trap, and the perfect weapon. He had not grown a great deal in his time away, but his body and face had clearly matured into that of a 13 year old boy, while his mind and his eyes, as always, seemed to belong to someone far older. In the absence of powers, Hesperus found himself without any long-range weapons, and so had decided to venture into the field of guns. His costume had been modified, with two gun holsters hidden beneath his cape, and in addition to his dual katanas Damian wielded dual handguns, his belt now stuffed with ammo. Panting as he dived and rolled around the gym, Damian's eyes were in constant motion, his trigger fingers ready to blast a hole through whatever target popped up next. Spinning at the sound of footsteps, Hesperus aimed his right gun square in the face of his adopted cousin, Chevie Lockhart. 

Walking up to her cousin with a scrunched up nose, Chevie rolled her eyes and pushed the gun out of the way. "Hey butt-face. Dad just called, he says you'd better hurry up and pack your things, the jet to Greece is picking us up in an hour." 

Frowning as he holstered his guns and mopped his face with a towel, Damian looked like the perfect picture of confusion. "I was not informed of a new mission..." 

"It's not a mission!" Chevie exclaimed, her eyes widening in exaggerated horror. "You forgot about the wedding?!" 

"Ah, yes, that." Damian sniffed, dodging his cousin's gaze. "To be fair, Chevrolet, I did spend the last two years in the land of Camelot." 

"Whatever." Chevie spun around, her head held high as she marched away from the boy. "Just make sure you're there, or Cass will be-- actually, she might prefer it if you didn't show up!" Turning around and sticking her tongue out at her cousin, the young Lockhart girl ran off to continue her packing. 

Damian wasn't really related to the Lockharts at all. His mother, Surreal SaDiablo, was the adopted sister of Mike Lockhart, father of Chevie and Hudson, and husband to Sarah Lockhart. Sarah was Cassidy's birth mother, so Hesperus and Dark Huntress were barely related at all. Adopted-step-cousins would be the most accurate term. Since joining the team, however, Damian had come to think of them all as his family. It may not have seemed that way to anyone else, as he still constantly insulted and mocked them as he did everyone else, but unlike the rest of his team-mates, he had never tried to kill or maim any of his family. Because unlike all the other morons who populated the Champions of Peace, Damian actually cared for the Lockharts... Despite their general incompetence. 

With Sovereign Son temporarily back with the British army, Mistress Redhead comatose and Dark Huntress having left the team, only Chevie and Damian remained of the Lockhart clan. Soon another person would join their family, however... Ethan Starks, soon to be Damian's adopted-step-cousin-in-law. If he was honest with himself... Hesperus envied the man. He first met Cassidy when he was a mere child, 5 years old. The two of them had sparred together at the behest of their respective teachers, Gambler and Surreal. The battle was short and ended in a stalemate. Other than his mother, Cassidy was the first person to ever pose a challenge to Damian in battle. While their meeting was brief, the boy was fascinated by her. He would often dream of the fights they could have had together had his father not banned him from practicing human martial arts. Upon reconnecting with his mother at the age of 10, Hesperus had hoped that it would lead to meeting the literal girl of his dreams again. But alas, the girl had fled the tutelage of Gambler. 

Originally joining the Champions of Peace to eliminate his hated foe, Eclipse, the young Rayne was very surprised to find that his old sparring partner was also a member of the team. Treating her worse than any other Champion (excluding Jason), Damian constantly sought to goad the young woman into fights, so he could experience the thrill of their original meeting once again. Eventually, however, Damian began to back off with his antagonistic comments and remarks about her weight, and started treating her... Well. It was an alien experience and the boy hadn't the slightest idea why he did it, he merely found it pleasing to see the girl smile because of something he had done. 

Through his extensive knowledge of various literature, the young assassin believed that this emotion was referred to as 'love', though he did not quite understand certain aspects of it. Unlike many of the fictional characters he had studied, the boy had no desire to press his face against Cassidy's and let their lips touch, in some perverse, savage ritual. The whole idea seemed ludicrous and made no sense to him. Writers claimed that such an act would cause an odd sensation in the stomach of their character, but Damian had that feeling whenever the two of them sparred. No, 'kissing' did not appeal to the boy, he simply felt the desire to be with her... To protect her from harm. Some would say that such feelings were brotherly, but Damian was not very experienced with emotions. 

Sheathing his weapons, Hesperus walked back to his room, growing increasingly irritated at having to walk everywhere now that he had lost his powers. Entering his plain, undecorated room, Damian opened his wardrobe and found a small tuxedo in there. It was not something he had ever recalled wearing, but a note clearly identified it as a gift from his Uncle. Smiling at the gesture, the boy stripped off his costume and began the arduous task of fastening the many buttons and attempting to secure his bow-tie. After three minutes of fiddling, he gave up, opening his top button and stuffing the tie in his jacket pocket. He found his wedding invitation on his bedside table, and upon closer inspection was reminded that no weapons were to be allowed. The note was added in writing, and Damian had the sneaking suspicion that it was only added to his particular invitation. "Screw that." He muttered, ensuring his bladed-gauntlets were secured under his clothes. "Everyone else at this ceremony has super powers. I'm not about to go there unarmed." The gauntlets were, thanks to tech developed by Sarah, undetectable. He then grabbed a gun made of a similar material, and placed it carefully in his inside pocket. 

Some time later, the jet due to transport the remnants of the Lockhart family to the wedding had arrived. After a mostly silent visit to his aunt in the medical bay, Damian accompanied his cousin to the plane. Chevie was dressed up very nicely indeed, though her radiant smile would likely become a nuisance in the long journey to come. "Oh, Dami, you're useless!" The girl groaned as he cousin took the seat next to her, directing her gaze at his open collar. "Gimme that!" She snatched the bow-tie out of his pocket and shoved his head back against his seat as she attempted to secure it in place. Resisting the urge to reprimand her for calling him 'Dami', Hesperus instead smiled in thanks. He had promised his comatose Aunt that he wouldn't ruin the occasion for her daughter. Unfortunately, that meant today he would have to smile more than he ever had in his life.

The Wedding...

As 'family' to the bride, Damian had a seat in the front row. This pleased him, as due to his stature he was largely invisible to those in the seats behind him, but also, it meant he didn't have to look at any of them. He was worried about seeing one person in particular... Surreal SaDiablo. His mother. They had a parting of ways once Hesperus had decided to stay with the Champions, but the boy still valued his mother above all else. It was her words that convinced him to try and kill Jason again, words that had stayed with him during his adventures in the past. It had been years since he had seen her, he missed his mother... But many of his team-mates were present. To speak to her would be far too suspicious, particularly as most of the Champions probably still suspected he was just a mole for Surreal. As painful as it was, the young assassin had no choice but to stare at the front of the Pantheon, terrified that his mother might appear. 

After what felt like an eternity waiting in a tight and constricting suit, the doors finally burst open as the wedding march began to play. Turning in his seat to face the back of the room, Damian briefly scanned the crowd, sighing in relief as he could not find Surreal. Chevie led the procession as flower girl, looking totally ecstatic as she skipped down the Pantheon. Right behind was Gambler, playing the role of the bride's father, and by his side, Cassidy. Her beauty made Damian's guts twist tightly, but then, she had always had that effect on him. He did not think the dress made her look any more dazzling (in fact, he preferred to see her drenched in the blood of her enemies) but the fact that he had not seen her for over 2 years tore at his heart. Unable to take his eyes off her as she made her way to the man she loved, Hesperus felt his stomach contort in agony as she touched him... Ethan. The man she loved. A better man... A stronger man. As Cassidy leaned into her fiance's ear, she whispered three words. "I love you." And, in a sigh inaudible to anyone else, Damian's gaze fell to the ground as he whispered... 

"And I, you..." 

At the very least, Hesperus found solace in the fact that Ethan was a good man, someone who would be able to take good care of his wife, and protect her from any evil that might befall her. While he did not like the hero, he respected him as a member of the Shadow Squad, someone willing to do what needs to be done to save the world, who did not flinch at the sight of death. Cassidy would be safe in his arms, and really, that was all that mattered. She loved Ethan, and while Damian loved her, he knew the reality. He was a child, too young to really understand the concept of love, too young to provide the things that a man can provide. But as someone who was doomed to die young, the boy had no time to wait for love to find him. As Chevie beamed eagerly at her sister, Damian stared at the floor in a slump, devastated by the knowledge that he would never know the love of another before he died. 

"You may now kiss the bride." The words caused Damian to shudder in disgust, while Chevie gave a little jump of glee as the lips of the newly married couple locked together. Then, suddenly, the perfect moment fell apart, as a hideous laughter began to echo throughout the hall. Leaping to his feet, Hesperus threw his jacket onto his chair as his blades extended, ripping through the sleeves of his shirt. The laughter was coming from the priest... In an instant, Cassidy was blasted off the altar, and the demonic reverend shoved his arm into Ethan's chest. 

"CHEVIE!"
Damian roared, rushing to his cousin's side as Ethan tried desperately to tear the demon's arm hand out. The young Lockhart was frozen in shock, far too close to the monster for comfort. Hesperus shuddered to think what it might do to her... He grabbed her by the wrist and almost threw her away from the scene, rushing to the fallen bride with her, before taking a stand between his family and the creature, ready to slice its head off if it came any closer. He prepared to withdrew his gun, before in a pang of horror, he remembered it was in his jacket... 

"
Whoever thought we would ever be closer. To think, I'm closer than she ever will be to your heart. HAHA!" The monster cackled, as Damian vaulted over the seats in search of his weapon. Tearing the gun free from his jacket, Hesperus turned just in time to see the villain revealed: Darkchild. He had ripped the man's heart from his body, and thrown it down the aisle. Holding the groom aloft by his intestines, the evil one prepared to make his exit. Taking aim, Hesperus forgot everything. He forgot that he had no powers, that he stood no chance at all against someone like Darkchild. He forgot about how much he valued his own life, how far he was willing to go to ensure his own survival. He even forgot the words of his mother. The only thing that mattered was how this monster had ruined the life of his cousin. She would never recover from the devastation of this day, it would haunt her for the rest of her life. Darkchild had taken everything from her. And while he lacked the means to do the deed himself, Hesperus promised himself that one day, the monster would die for what he had done. 

"Uh-uh...not yet.!" The creature laughed, as the space behind him exploded, causing Damian to lose balance and miss his target, his bullet instead embedding itself in a pillar. 

"NO!" Hesperus roared, stumbling back to his feet and firing his gun repeatedly, but to no avail. Darkchild had leapt back through a portal, disappearing with the corpse of Cassidy's beloved. "NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!" With each cry of agony, another bullet burst from Damian's weapon, until all the ammo had been spent and he fell to his knees, beating the gun against the ground, cracking the floor with his rage and snapping the weapon in half. Panting in anger, Hesperus shakily stood up and made his way over to his family, ignoring all else. He couldn't bear to look Cassidy in the eye, but Chevie was shedding more tears than the boy had ever seen. When she saw her cousin approaching she threw her arms around him, sobbing into his shoulder. Returning the gesture, Damian finally looked down at Cassidy, as Chevie broke away to comfort her. The young killer did not understand his feelings towards Cassidy, but one thing was always clear. He wanted to protect her. 

He had failed.
614azrael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By 614azrael

One Last Kiss One Last Straw

It was serene and euphoric never had Az seen Cassidy as happy as she was now. The happiest moment in her sisters life was happening before her eyes. The lighting made it even more amazing more like a fairy book ending than actual moment. Blair never really fully understood these emotions no matter when or how she experienced them even when with Warsman. She fully grasped what happend in the following moments though. Like the time Azrael ripped apart Sleeping Beauty when her mom tried to read it, or like the time Ren lit a store on fire for having a bunch of pink things, the moment of beaauty was desecrated. Maniacle laughter filled the room the source clear before the transformation was even done. Darkchild her emperor, her friend stood in place of the priest. DH never cared that Az was working with Dark Child at least not enoughh to respond in a negative light. Cassidy's previous love nearly was killed before her eyes once by Genesis. Donnieman was left as no more than a hollow shell of his previoous self. Following this DH's body was ravaged by the Emberor of T.I. it was almost to late when Blair's husband entervined. Still Cassidy excepted the mutual understanding between her sister and Genesis. This was diffrent though, all the hope and compassion in Cassidy's life had in a single moment almost all been snatched away. Ethan's heart was pulled from his chest and thrown into the audiance. What was pressious was demolished in the blink of an eye and just about everyone was reacting in their own way.

She didn't know sorrow or dispair her emotions instead were wrath and hate. This was foolish, arogant, reckless, stupid and pointless. It didn't serve the empire that was built by his team. No prize could be obtained from this moment of violence. He had charged into a place that mostly consisted of people who were heroes or who hated him. He put himself at risk over something so pointless. This was nothing more then his childish annoyance at not getting his way. A vendetta because his crush wasn't doing him. She now understood why he was called DarkChild it wasn't to label him as the one to inherit darkness. It was not because he was the future embodiment of torment. He was the darkest foulest of creatures traped in the self loving mind of a bratty child. For her team it was better they went on without his handywork. For her home Rigus Mortis to stay entact it was important the over sized runt didn't get in her way. For her family it was best that twisted b-stard ceased to exist. Her mind was made up and all she felt was furry and vengeance. The demon that made up half her soul surfaced. Black tatoos covered her body, markings of the warp and hell. Her skin became as gray as the ash that soiled the earth of Rigus Mortis. Her hair became white as snow while her eyes blazed more a red then her natural emerald.  

A portal opened to Rigus as Blair turned to Ren. "Go" she looked at her in anoyance "but sh!t just got bad." Leave it to her daughter to lighten her mood if only for a second. "We get it your a bad a-- now move!" The demon shoved her child through the portal knowing she would be fine. Her hostility returning in full afterwords. The two bolters in the pile of gifts were pulled from their packages her abilities over metal allowing them to be put to use. Meanwhile the demoness withdrew her own bolters as well. The two gifts floated above the main set, all four barked as they rained shells out the opening DC fled from. She knew none of the bullets hit and that every explosive round went off harmlessly. None the less she fired untill each gun was drained. She was glad to see some of the others had enough of a pair to react rather than just weep or scream. The more imediate anger out of her system she ran to the side of her sister. Holstering her guns and placing the other two down at rest she made sure she was at eye level when she looked to Cassidy Starks.

Her voice was hostile but steady as she made her remark. "As long as it's in my power to do so DarkChild will fall. If by my hands he will die the same way as my step brother and your husband. Except I wont leave his heart on the floor I'll make sure it never sees more then stomach acid. It had been fine to be by his side up untill now but the actions of DC have no reasoning now. He is nothing more then an overgrown power given child." She offered her hand to her sister steam billowing from her eyes the fire evaporating any tears Azrael might shed for Cass. "My home still rests in Tenebra my kingdom stands. I no longer serve Genesis however, for as long as I breath I will strive to bring him down. As you gather forces on your side I will from with in. He has allways had enemies both at his back and before him now though he has made  the sides worse." She didn't have the words to continue driving her point from there and so she ceased speaking. Her black wings sprouted from her back as she flew off to Rigus Mortis to prepare.

No Turning Back

It had been twelve hours sense the death of Ethan and Blair was well underway in her planing. Rigus Mortis was suffering tremor after tremor, the ground cracking beneath her feet as she stretched her reach as far as she could. The torming skies bled the chaotic energy of the warp and cried of blood. The streets were filled with portals of the either granting access to the city from any deamon willing to serve the child of Death. The demonic spires writhed lashing out like the anger of their demonic queen any creature unfortunant enough to come into reach was ripped apart in a shower of gore. The buildings burned hoter than ever before as the Crimson Regeant pushed her limits. Monoliths that Azrael had built during her time released their energy. Large towers filled with trapped demons each Monolith was an instrument of chaos and as each was tapped into guysers of fire burst upwards reaching for the skies. All the time Az spent on her kingdom was being put to use in a single moment. An act that pulled on the dark forces constantly to do something she shouldn't have been able to do. Demons ran the streets thousands in number heresy and acult workings at use more then she had ever done before. Though the earth rumbled though it was still not enough. She needed more chaos to feed off of to make her goal work acuratly.

Blair looked to her child who watched eagerly "I need you to hit me." The demonic child looked to Az in confusion "I know you get off on pain and all but really?" The snow haired demonic queen looked at Serenity air poping with explosive energy. "Fine mother dearest I'll butcher you'r flesh as you do your thing." A smile was on the child's face as lightning of the warp punctured Blair's back Az wencing at the pain."You can do more then that Ren." Serenity smiled deviously as fire was added to the mix and holes were punched above the breasts of the demon. Three holes making upside down triangles on both corners of her shoulders. The final kick of malice that comes from family harming their own was what Azra needed. The city rumbled and gave way pulling from the rest of the empire. A trio of bridges made it still posible to enter Rigus but also marked it as it's seperate domain. A quarter mile away from the rest of Tenebra Az added to marking her defiance. She doubted DC would grasp what her actions meant but they still stood. 

"Rigor mortis stands for one of the seven stages of death the one that comes before decomposition. The time when limbs become stiff, Rigus Mortis was named after this. A city strong and unmovable that was always also on the brink of death. A city built to represent the darkest faccet of man will now lash out to lead all of Tenebra through the seven stages it has to. I shall enhale the final breath of Genesis as his black heart ceases to pulse. If I have my way his skin will become as pale as that of Lady Death's. What blood remains in his corpse will begin to settle though most will be spilt upon the ground. Vengeance will be as cold, as cold as Algor mortis or in other words death. When the adolesent perves limbs start to go stiff they will be cleaved away. Finally will come decomposition as he is reduced to the most basic of matter. Nothing shall remain and wether with many or on my own the final death of the worthless plague known as DC will come to an end." Blair dropped her arms finally done with her work as she gazed out to her city. Manipulative and destructive vengeance all that was on her mind.

Avatar image for emperor_von_doom
Emperor_von_Doom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Emperor_von_Doom

A full clip from his bolt pistol, gone, the spent shells clanking to the floor accented with a wisp of smoke. He stood there, a grim example of the shadowy Inquisition. It seemed to fit, now that all happiness had been bled from his surroundings like color from a rainbow. Now all that was let were the pieces that had been shattered from the greater scheme of the event, the puzzle pieces that would never find a home. His gaze was long and hard, even after Darkchild vanished. His arm was still outstretched to kill, his power sword glowing hot like a ripened thunderbolt cast down by Zeus itself. He stood, frozen as such, for minutes after the gruesome outcome of what could have been a beautiful wedding. Azrael had gone to attend to Cassidy and Kaligar left the Pantheon, lest he destroy it in the rage he kept only in the thinnest of restraints.

---On the daemon world Azthaloth---

Sweeping through the streets as he did, he seemed more specter than man; a phantom with a torch of endless fire. He used such a weapon, the light of the Navigator, to spread a death unlike any other. Cultists fried in their temples, daemons clawing their way out only to melt away from the heat as they screamed a bloody death on the red cobblestone road. The gutters overflowed with rivers of their filth. There was no telling what kind of horrors were extinguished in those sewers. The Thunder met no less than seven aspiring champions of Chaos in battle that day, each more than the worth of a hundred lesser of their accursed ilk. They proved as little challenge as the cultists. They were angry, horrified, arrogant, and careless. All at once they attacked him, uncaring of the outcome as long as one of them did the deed of murdering him. 

He beheaded all seven of them, but desecrated the skulls in order to offend the patron god to which they were sacrificed by the heathens. Yet, he did not feel the satisfaction he was hoping for. He suddenly stopped in the midst of his attack and returned to his battle barge. The daemon world was left to orbital bombardment and destroyed utterly. Kaligar did not watch the surface crack, the hot intestines of the planet spill forth, nor did he celebrate the fact that he had saved more than three sectors and countless lives. 

None of it mattered.

---On-board the Hammer of Retribution---

He fell into a deep trance for the next few days, completely shunning the public by locking himself inside his quarters with no source of light other than the candles he burned. He quelled the rage in his heart by putting what transpired on Azthaloth into perspective. If he could tread upon the unholy grounds of a daemon world, if he could slaughter heretics and daemons with such reckless abandon as he did, then he could enter France with similar ease. After all, he had the support of the Holy Imperial Inquisition at his beck and call. He was Supreme Chamber Militant Overseer. He could do anything. He stood for the first time in days and opened his chamber door, a cloud of incensed smoke puffing out as he did so. He knew what he had to do.

“Prepare the Exterminatus fleet.”

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#20  Edited By Mercy_

Recovering from being thrown across the room, she went down on her knees next to Ethan’s nearly lifeless body. Darkchild was momentarily lost in his own thoughts and Cass hoped against hope that time would just freeze. The Mad Titan had finally gone well and truly insane if he thought that this act of horror would be met without vengeance. “Don’t do this to me, Ethan. Don’t do this, don’t do this. DON’T DO THIS!” There was a gaping hole in his chest and his own blood was pooling around him, the deep crimson a stark contrast to the alabaster floor of the Parthenon. The blood seeped into the edges of her wedding dress, permanently staining the white satin. She couldn’t care less. Her entire world was being torn apart in front of her very eyes. The man she loved was dying in front of her.

She didn’t even bother looking over to Darkchild; she trusted that Light would handle the situation if the need arose. She leaned down to her husband and placed a kiss on his forehead as a tear fell off the edge of her cheek and landed on his. Her chest rose and fell rapidly as she started hyperventilating, her lower lip trembling uncontrollably as tears streamed down her cheeks. Acting on instinct she placed her hands over his wounds and started mumbling to herself. “If I hold the pressure, you’ll be okay. We just have to wait for a healer or medical aid, it’ll be okay. You’re going to be okay Ethan, do you hear me?” She looked down at him to make sure that he was listening and was terrified when she saw the life fading from his eyes.

He took a deep breath as a trickle of blood escaped from between his lips. “Cass, my love. Nobody’s coming.” He paused for a moment to catch his breath before speaking again, the words rattling out from between his lips. “There’s not…” a cough escaped his lips, more blood flowing from between them. “Time.” Her heart sunk at the words and began circling the drain just as his life was. Everything she had fought for in her life, the rape, the murder of her parents, Donnie’s memory loss, it was all forgotten. Nothing was as monumentally life-shattering as this single moment in time.

Why was this happening? How the hell could this be happening? She had recovered from everything that life had thrown her way. Cass had grown past the loss of the man she had thought she loved, she had finally started healing the mental wounds from Darkchild's rape, the ones that had persistently stuck around long after the physical wounds. She had found her birth mother and had grown to love Sovereign Son as the father that she had never known. She had met Ethan, her true love. Her perfect match, her lifemate and now she carried his child and it was all ripped from her in the span of a minute. Her heart was breaking, she was breaking, she could barely breathe.

She grew frantic as she saw his eyelids start fluttering and his face turn a stark white, all color leaving it. “NO. You don’t get to do this! You don’t get to leave me! I fought for you, for us, to be whole for you. I fought so damn hard. Ethan, listen to me!” Her words were barely discernable at this point. She knew that Darkchild would soon be back on her heels and she did not have the ability to go up against him at this moment in time. How could Darkchild do this? Godammit, was this all her fault? She knew that he had always viewed her as a toy, as a possession. He was like a petulant child who realized that when he couldn’t have somebody else’s toy that he’d break it and that way, nobody would ever be happy. This was part of his year-long attempt at breaking those Cassidy loved in order to break her. This was her fault. Choking on her words at this point, she continued applying pressure to Ethan’s chest, his blood seeping between her fingers. “Please don’t leave me, please don’t leave me. I need you, baby.” The tears were evident in her voice and were obstructing her throat. There was a painful ache in her chest and she literally felt like her heart was breaking. “You can’t die! You can’t! Please don’t leave me. Please don’t leave me all alone. I never got to tell you…” her voice drifted off as she started begging with him, pleading with him. Cassidy Starks was literally out of her mind at this point.

He limply placed his hand on her still flat stomach, leaving a bloody red handprint on her dress. “You never could…hide…anything from…me.” Each word was a labor for him, each syllable taking more energy than he had to expend. “Tell them their daddy loved them.” With that last utterance his eyes closed for the final time and a death rattle reverberated throughout his chest. That was the moment of reckoning. He was well and truly dead and as that last breath left his lips, Cass felt something inside of her die. Where once her heart was filled with love and hope for a happy future, it was now immersed in hatred, fear and anger.

Suddenly, a voice broke through the moment of silence, interrupting her reverie. “CASSIDY! Move! Now!” It was the deep voice of Light Starks and there was no time to react, let alone heed his wishes before he came barreling through the air, his arms outstretched. As he made contact with her, he pulled her away from Ethan’s dead body and lifted her up into the air, expediently removing her from the situation.

“WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!?!” She screamed in his face as he placed her on the ground, having gotten her to the other side of the Parthenon and away from Darkchild’s escape route. “You let him take him! I was going to save him! I was going to save him, Light. You f*king idiot!” She was out of her mind with grief and quite evidently still in denial about the fact that Ethan, her husband, was dead and gone. “MOVE, now! Let me get to him, let me go after him! I can save him! I can get him back!” But Light wouldn’t listen to her pleas, he wouldn’t let go of her. He held tightly onto her upper arms, his strong fingers digging in just a little bit as he shook her lightly, attempting to literally shake some sense into the obstinate little assassin.

“You can’t go after him, Cassidy. He’s dead. Your husband is dead, my son is dead and he’s not coming back. Going after Darkchild in order to obtain his body at this point would be a life-threatening endeavor. You’re smarter than this, Cass, so start acting like it.” He was feeling everything inside just as deep as she was; he had just lost a son, his only son. But Light was clear-headed enough to realize that Cass was going to need somebody to lean on, somebody to take her anger out on and was willfully volunteering himself for the role. He looked down at her, his eyes meeting hers, a knowing look in them. “I’m a Kryptonian, Cass. I can hear their heartbeats, I can sense them. Surely you’re not so far gone that you would risk the lives of your unborn children…? They’re all that’s left of him; you need to keep them safe.”

Something snapped in her at the mention of children and a light bulb switched on. Ethan’s mother was Cellywyn, a goddess. She had been absent for ages, on another plane of existence or some such thing, but if there was any time that she was needed, it was now. “Get Cellywyn.”

“What?” Light looked somewhat surprised before a look of understanding graced his handsome dark features.

“GET HIS MOTHER.” This was a last-ditch effort, a desperate one at that, but she had to exhaust every option and idea possible, she didn’t know how not to. “She’s the Goddess of Creation and Rebirth, if anybody can fix this, she can.”

Heartbreak was evident in the heartbroken father’s eyes as he held back his emotions. “Cass…it doesn’t work like that. She doesn’t mess with stuff like this. There’s a life and death process, a circle. Its part of nature and it needs to be adhered to.” He spoke with a reason that he hoped would get through to the grieving widow, despite the fact that he didn’t quite believe himself.

“You’re an absent father. He loves…loved you, but he barely saw you. You were NEVER around. I’ve met you about three times and I’m his wife, for God’s sake. For once in your life, do something meaningful as a father and GO GET HIS MOTHER. What use is having power if you’re not going to use it to save the people you love? You were a Green Lantern, Light, you’re supposed to have willpower. So show a f*cking backbone and go find Cellywyn. You’re supposed to be a hero! So save somebody! From here on out, everybody I kill in order to make this right, every family I break, every person who meets an untimely death at my hands in order to make this right? Their blood is on your hands, just like Ethan’s is. I hope you can live with that!” She was lashing out, she new she was and yet she couldn’t seem to stop herself.

“We’re not doing this right here and now…”

Before the Kryptonian could get another word out she broke down, she simply broke. Slumping down, Cass let her body go dead weight as she fell to her knees, her blood-stained dress fanning out around her on the ground. Light was momentarily on the ground beside her, pulling her into his arms and holding her as a parent would their child. She was a tiny little thing, barely making it past the five foot mark, and she now held the weight of the world on her shoulders. She let everything loose, absolutely everything, pounding her small fists against his muscled chest as she sobbed. Her shoulders were shaking with the effort it took to not melt into a puddle of sobs and the heartbreaking noise could be heard echoing throughout the Parthenon. It was not so much a cry as much as it was the wailing noise of a woman who had just lost everything. The sound of the cry itself would drive most grown men to tears.

She cried for what felt like hours, completely lost to whatever was happening all around her. All she knew was the inner torment, the excruciating pain. All her life she had been over-emotional and had used those emotions to her advantage. They fueled her, they made her stronger. But now...now they nearly killed her. It was time to become a grown up and to stop acting on her emotions as much and start factoring in a little more planning. She needed her family first, though. She needed her mom...who was in a coma. Pulling slightly away from Light, Cass brought her left hand up to her face and pushed her hair out of her eyes, her wedding band and engagement ring sparkling in the sun's rays as she accidentally smeared Ethan's blood across her cheek. Murmuring the words and tears slipped down her cheeks, cutting through the drying blood, Cass moved slightly away from Light. "Please find my dad, please get Sovereign Son. I need...I need my dad."

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21  Edited By The_Ghostshell

The audience had erupted into a panic stricken constitution of fear as the fragile flesh of the Pedigree of Perfection burst open in a gruesome display of violence. Like the fabled serpent in the garden of Eden, Darkchild had masked himself  gaining not only safe passage within the reception but the unmitigated respect and love shown a man of the cloth on such a joyous occasion. His strong jawline and slender build only added to his already handsome features as he read from the good book with captivating reverence. The passion in his words gave many in attendance a warm sense of bliss while the two lovers stared longingly into one anothers soul. Envisioning their lives together, juggling the inevitable adversity as a cohesive family unit, building a solid foundation of love and trust that most could only dream about. But as the fairy tale wedding proceeded the priests disruptive attitude was becoming alarmingly suspicious. And then, the unthinkable transpired. Bursting out with a diabolical laugh that instantly sent chills racing down the spines of those seated in the front row, the  priests demeanor rapidly transformed revealing a horrific sight, the Mad Titan Darkchild. Without warning the Obsidian King of the infamous Tb In perforated the young groom with a powerful thrust of his hand, emptying out the heroes insides as a mixture of blood and guts cascaded onto the once prestigious marble floor.

Cassidy had fared no better as her petite body was flung into the shocked audience missing the unthinkable act of depravity. Still unleashing his hyena style laughter Darkchild swiftly ripped the still beating heart of Ethan Stark from his body. With a singular underhand motion he pitched it into  the pile of frantically escaping attendees causing their collective attitude to instantly change. Now with their full attention focused on the villainous juggernaut they began to advance with a single thought on their minds, retribution. However, just as smoothly as he had appeared the Shadow Manipulator collected his trophy before stepping back through one of his escape portals. As the gateway closed behind him the audience was left to gather the pieces of the days catastrophic events. Darkchild's methodical attack was just one in a laundry list of impressive feats that had elevated him into a position of recognition, a slot he had continuously coveted for years. His team, the Tb-In, had single handedly beat down the upstart Omega Justice, deflected an assault from the superhero group of COP, as well as executed a perfectly timed coup d' etat against the King of Kings himself, Jean Luc. With such a powerful collection of morally absent minded killers at his disposal, Darkchild had truly become unbeatable. His latest atrocity would no doubt trigger an immediate reaction but would the heroes be able to bring the Mad Titan to justice?

By the time Gambler had pushed his way towards the head of the Pantheon Darkchild had vanished along with the body. Cassidy, unable to bare the strain, had crumbled to the floor, her dress soaking up the never ending  crimson puddle as Light cradled her in his arms. There was nothing left for the Cajun to do except return to the Hellfire Club and begin plotting a tactical blueprint on how to dethrone the Mad Titan once and for all.