• 102 results
#1 Edited by Legacy_ (10668 posts) - - Show Bio

Memoir for Noah

I like to think that as a child Noah was the sweetest kid no one could possibly hate. He didn't care about human/mutant relations, international politics, or becoming the highly gifted warrior Amaranth and his family believed he could be. Yes, he wanted to make his parents proud but at the end of the day all he's ever wanted was to love someone (namely a girl named Clarice) and give her anything she wanted so she wouldn't have to feel sad ever again.

It's because of this naive personality that he's been through the wringer, unable to give up hope even in the worse of people. He either loves too strongly or blindly hates those who call him immature. Because of this he tends to be brash, go half cocked, rush training or forget teachings all together. He doesn't do it intentionally but he doesn't have his heart in it...but he won't give up in fear of being called a disgrace. He's troubled that way.

I like to think I've got a one of kind well rounded character. He's brash yet fragile, scared but persistent. If I ever make it to the HOF (something I oddly aspired to be a part of in my prepubescent age) this is what I wanna be remembered for. Now onto my dramatic things

--------

Behold!

I joined the vine four years ago. I was pretty much a little kid, just turned thirteen and amazed by comics all together. So when I find this site (unintentionally) I was blown away by all these people and their common love for writing, reading, and discussing this culture I had stumbled upon. And at first I was no good, horrible even, called a noob for months on end but I never gave up. Yeah it hurt my feelings from time to time, I think DC mocked me once, but rather than leave I kept going. I've always had this thing where I won't abandon a project until I prove at least one naysayer wrong.

What I decided to do was create a personal goal of sorts. Create a character I thought would represent me, what I wanted to be, and a layer of malleability (allowing him to grow just as any true person would). His name shifted from time to time, but eventually Noah was born. He's me in a sense - indecisive, complicated, and very much confusing from time to time. I think that translated to well since my posts over the years have been either a mega hit or disastrous fail.

And I know I haven't been the best person to be around. I've had a year where I was totally annoying, a jerk, and ranted every now again. Though some issues I handled were justified....others were handled wrongly. Regardless I stayed, insulted by the lack of respect I didn't have. I know you gotta gain that, I know it can't just be handed over, but I've personally thought and correct me if I'm wrong I like to believe I'm one of the more nicer people on this site. I like to believe although this is an internet community, that some of you guys consider me a friend like I consider some of you. So I never understood some of the flack I get like I've stolen someone's girlfriend and got their momma pregnant.

Maybe it's my eccentric persona that can be off putting. I ask for compliments, criteria, feedback...not because I want my ego stroked but because I wanna know if my writing has progressed since the summer of 2008. I crave it. I want it. I need to know if the character I made...this sorta quasi representation of who I am has caught any traction or something. My writing can be confusing at times...i get that...I have too many ideas...and sometimes it doesn't translate too well.

And before this piece becomes a hot pool of emotion the point of this entire shabang is too explain who I am, how even through the arguments and tirades, even through my sporadic activities that I appreciate each and every one of you. You've helped me grow, pushed me when no one in RL really bothered, and now I'm heading off to college to chase this silly dream of writing professionally.

This is my sorta goodbye...this will be the only damn piece of documentation where I admit I actually appreciate the egos and weirdly veiled perverts. I like to believe with the help of you self involved madonnas, over enthusiastic Europeans, and guys using female characters (I made that a mainstream) I've become a pretty good writer. So thank you. I hope to God this made sense and I will never ever say something of this magnitude ever again.

College is coming so I may not be around as often as I'd like or writing as much as I want (here anyway), so this is goodbye in the sense that sooner or later I'll be gone all together. And if for some reason I'm online for far too long some body better tell me to finish my college work.....I can't be failing xD

----------------

Did you Read?

If you read all of this well good golly I think we're probably friends. Now it's late...really late....so *sings round of applause

*insert witty gif here

Thank You :D

#2 Posted by ShadowSwordmaster (16077 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going to miss you man.

#3 Edited by Skullman (27 posts) - - Show Bio

Later man. Stay golden pony boy.

#4 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (15123 posts) - - Show Bio

@closure: Whoah Whoah Whoah. What? What? I'm sorry but what?

#5 Posted by Strigidae_23 (4678 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll miss you Closure.

#6 Edited by Pyrogram (41246 posts) - - Show Bio

It's been an honor! *Salutes* You know me, you know how good friends we are. You don't need me to write loads to express this. You're the best.....I wish you luck in your future endeavors and exploits within college and hope you snap outta your awkwardness and make some friends (hehe). You are one of the best writers on this site I have ever known, and probably will ever know. Your energy is astounding and your ideas are plentiful. Thank you for being such a good friend.

Be seeing you man...you will be missed :(

#7 Posted by Legacy_ (10668 posts) - - Show Bio

@shadowswordmaster: No! Not that gif :-(

@skullman: Will do. Will do.

@darkknightdetective: My time on the vine is gonna decrease with college. I'll still be around, but not too much. I wanna make sure my studies get all the top notch writing lol

@strigidae_23: Thanks LL. And when I leave it's on a good note xD

#8 Edited by Legacy_ (10668 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrogram said:

It's been an honor! *Salutes* You know me, you know how good friends we are. You don't need me to write loads to express this. You're the best.....I wish you luck in your future endeavors and exploits within college and hope you snap outta your awkwardness and make some friends (hehe). You are one of the best writers on this site I have ever known, and probably will ever know. Your energy is astounding and your ideas are plentiful. Thank you for being such a good friend.

Be seeing you man...you will be missed :(

*Explodes

I hope you realize when I get into the college stride, if I do have some time (God willing)....I'm not leaving Venz. I'm supreme chance after all >.>

#9 Posted by Pyrogram (41246 posts) - - Show Bio

@closure: Better be back. Or I'll kill you myself.

#10 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (15123 posts) - - Show Bio

@closure: No, don't leave! Who's going to spam the forums with gifs? :(

#11 Posted by _Animus_ (2583 posts) - - Show Bio

See you in december lol

#12 Posted by Pyrogram (41246 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Edited by Legacy_ (10668 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrogram: I'll be sure to keep you updated haha.

@darkknightdetective: In time my role will be filled. Think of me as an awesome substitute teacher...I'm around just not as much as you'd like o.o

@_animus_: Most likely! xD

#14 Posted by ShadowSwordmaster (16077 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Posted by _Animus_ (2583 posts) - - Show Bio

@closure: Good luck with school

get paid get laid stay shaved- My uncle

#16 Posted by Legacy_ (10668 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrogram: @_animus_: Watch me get the professors who stretch out my work across my first semester which will permit a lot of available time. If so this thread would have been for nothing! *Runs away

• Speaking of money...books cost more than a kilo
  • I best get laid
  • And I always stay shaved (reasonably so)
  • Your uncle sounds wise >.>

@shadowswordmaster: *LE FEELS

#17 Posted by Jaegerjaquez (1953 posts) - - Show Bio

Always remember what I told you, that time when you were feeling down. And those things I told you when you weren't that were...Yeah. Sometimes I may think of you, but you better come back sometime! Like actual coming back. Because if you vanish for college, what does that say about me and college and here? Besides, we've still never completed an interaction. You know, with you always vanishing and then forgetting to post (except that one time Pyrogram was the one who forgot to post). And I never got to beat up Clarice.

#18 Edited by ShadowSwordmaster (16077 posts) - - Show Bio

@closure: Hey man your not alone on this collage for me now is getting crazy and I have time because I took less classes then last time but I believe you can do it man.

#19 Posted by _Animus_ (2583 posts) - - Show Bio

@closure said:

@pyrogram: @_animus_: Watch me get the professors who stretch out my work across my first semester which will permit a lot of available time. If so this thread would have been for nothing! *Runs away

• Speaking of money...books cost more than a kilo
  • I best get laid
  • And I always stay shaved (reasonably so)
  • Your uncle sounds wise >.>

@shadowswordmaster: *LE FEELS

Wise and drunk, corner stone of any uncle :P

Check out Half.com. You can get books for moren than half off on some of them

#20 Posted by Mercy_ (92997 posts) - - Show Bio

What the hell happened to the memorandum that I made everybody sign that said you had to obtain my approval before you left? Because I did not sign on to you leaving or even mostly leaving.

#21 Posted by Legacy_ (10668 posts) - - Show Bio

@_animus_: haha!
My books are used but in good condition. I got a few new ones that cause more than a pair of Nike's.

@shadowswordmaster: Definitely. I'm gonna be on here whenever I can but I wanna work, go to school, do stuff for the sake of experience. It'll help me write if I do stuff out of my usual norm.

@jaegerjaquez: I've still got time before I begin the slow drift away. We can do something and finish it. As for beating up Clarice the time will come when I think it's appropriate >.> If you wanna work with me and finish (without Pyro lol) read my last post in the Xenon fight . *Makes demands

@mercy_: I think I skimmed it cause it was long, cleverly written, and probably leave me emotionally compromised xD Mostly leaving is better than leaving entirely,.

#22 Posted by ShadowSwordmaster (16077 posts) - - Show Bio

@closure: It's cool man and if you need help with anything I'm always here.

#23 Posted by Mercy_ (92997 posts) - - Show Bio

@closure: Mostly leaving is a cruel tease :(

#24 Edited by Jaegerjaquez (1953 posts) - - Show Bio

@closure: But I need to make sure I've got time too! I need to be sure you'll still be around even if I can't be until a few weeks from now!

I'll read it.

#25 Posted by Legacy_ (10668 posts) - - Show Bio

@mercy_: I've been known to be a tease. I apologize xD

@jaegerjaquez: I have Thursdays off and Fridays one class. I should be on at least 2 - 3 times a week, I'll pm you I suppose.

Thank you ^.^

#26 Posted by Jaegerjaquez (1953 posts) - - Show Bio

@closure: Wow. That's kinda lucky. >.> You better bring your ass sometime!

That post was way confusing! And I didn't see myself mentioned even once!

#27 Posted by Legacy_ (10668 posts) - - Show Bio

@jaegerjaquez: I will!

Pyro loved it :(

Noah got his mind erased....he thinks he killed Xenon and is the biological son of Supreme Chancellor.

#28 Posted by Jaegerjaquez (1953 posts) - - Show Bio

@closure: Well, obviously! Pyro got a mention! You can go the route of Game and Buck!

It was fine. Thought there might be some reality stuffs involved.

#29 Posted by Legacy_ (10668 posts) - - Show Bio

@jaegerjaquez: You wanted a mention. I'm sorry...maybe if Shiho took a damn bath and wasn't so Shiho...Noah would actually miss her.

Reboot Noah might click with her though. I actually wanna write an rpg where little boy Noah meets the court of arcani >.>

#30 Edited by Jaegerjaquez (1953 posts) - - Show Bio

@closure: Well, he's a bitch anyway and she doesn't care.
Hmph! Try to help n!ggas get on, they turn around and spit right in my face.

Wait, you're coming back!?
It depends! She's not so good with kids, nor particularly fond of them, unless they....I should go back on all...four of the relationships she's had that were actually any good, and see why they were like that.

#31 Posted by Legacy_ (10668 posts) - - Show Bio

@jaegerjaquez: Hey! He's been through a lot. It's a flaw of his. He doesn't know how to swim...he drowns in his problems.

I'm around until I'm not...I'm gonna keep writing till I can't no more. It's a slow burn. When I'm gone I'll be gone.

Noah is still 24. I'm talking about an rpg that takes place in the past. When Noah was 14...Shiho was like six. What was going on with her at the time? I wanna do something set in the past. Maybe they knew one another that's why Shiho brought him to Venz, but Noah forgot?

#32 Posted by Jaegerjaquez (1953 posts) - - Show Bio

@closure: You're preaching to the choir. The Eostrix Choir inside my head, because Shiho has those, and they see and hear all.

Shiho didn't even know the Court of Arcani existed when she was six. And after the facility, things get all hazy.

#33 Posted by MasterofChaos (1153 posts) - - Show Bio

Alright, so here it goes.

I'll admit, sometimes I liked to poke my face in just to watch what you were doing. College won't be too bad, assuming you know all how to handle people.

Uh-oh. You may be in trouble.

Relax, now. You know that I'm only kidding with you. Bright guy like yourself, pretty likable, how could you not make it?

Time management, that's how. Most college students drop out, not because it's particularly hard, but because they don't know how to manage their time. I suppose you're taking a step to try and ensure that doesn't happen, to the detriment of the comicvine, but college is full of other distractions to fill your head with, so your chances of failing are still high. Nevertheless, I believe you've got what it takes to master the chaos that will become your life.

#34 Posted by Legacy_ (10668 posts) - - Show Bio
#35 Posted by Jaegerjaquez (1953 posts) - - Show Bio

@closure: Or you'll just stay dead forever and I'll just stay cold and alone forever.

#36 Posted by Legacy_ (10668 posts) - - Show Bio

@masterofchaos: MoS! Those gifs though. Got me feeling some type of way.

Exactly. Time management is something I've heard of. I wanna graduate. I need college...there's no other option. Thank you for the kind words and I certainly believe I can handle it even if I do even up bald.

#37 Edited by Legacy_ (10668 posts) - - Show Bio

@jaegerjaquez said:

@closure: Or you'll just stay dead forever and I'll just stay cold and alone forever.

Honestly the minute we connected I've been trying to think of ways to lighten of Shiho as a character. With Noah having a clean slate (sorta) I'd imagine helping Shiho is on his to do list. She won't like it though especially the 180 character spin happening. From bitchy to compassionate in 24 hours.

#38 Posted by MasterofChaos (1153 posts) - - Show Bio

@closure: Uh, it's MoC. Chaos. Unless you're comparing me to the Man of Steel. I could accept that too. Equally as chaotic and destructive.

Oh! One more thing! A condom does NOT guarantee she won't end up pregnant. Take it from me.

#39 Posted by Legacy_ (10668 posts) - - Show Bio

@masterofchaos said:

@closure: Uh, it's MoC. Chaos. Unless you're comparing me to the Man of Steel. I could accept that too. Equally as chaotic and destructive.

Oh! One more thing! A condom does NOT guarantee she won't end up pregnant. Take it from me.

Master of Sexiness duhh.

What the? *Spits drink

I know, I know.

#40 Edited by Jaegerjaquez (1953 posts) - - Show Bio

@closure: Well, he turned around and turned into a bitch at her anyways, so that kinda screws it up.

You keep kicking all this about clean slates and reboots and it's hard to believe you plan on staying gone.

#41 Edited by Cara_Hunter (3687 posts) - - Show Bio

<3 till then.

#42 Posted by Legacy_ (10668 posts) - - Show Bio

@jaegerjaquez: He's not perfect. You got me feeling bad now xD

Shh. I'm trying not be Negative Nancy....I'm Positive Paddy right now.

#43 Posted by MasterofChaos (1153 posts) - - Show Bio

@closure: I will accept your tribute.

Hah, never did get to knock up that maid at the mansion.

It is a hassle and almost not worth the sex.

#44 Posted by Legacy_ (10668 posts) - - Show Bio

@cara_hunter: Have faith!

@masterofchaos: You're welcome.

Let's just say it's canon. You probably still live there.

Babies are cray cray.

#45 Posted by Pyrogram (41246 posts) - - Show Bio

@closure: You're a liar! You're not leaving. Nobody plans an RP in a leaving thread xP

#46 Posted by Legacy_ (10668 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrogram: I don't start school for like another week! What the hell am I suppose to do in the mean time - play with myself (fan fic style)? xD

#47 Edited by MasterofChaos (1153 posts) - - Show Bio

@closure: I'm vanished anyway for the foreseeable future, and my pal is no more. Besides, when hellspawn is born, I'd like the moment to be perfect.

Pregnant women are "cray cray."

#48 Posted by Legacy_ (10668 posts) - - Show Bio

Y'know I can leave knowing people actually liked me *Passes out

#49 Edited by _Grifter_ (11632 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't see it as you leaving, I just see it as you taking a break. And besides, what is the vine to do without Clara running about, and mucking things up?

#50 Posted by Legacy_ (10668 posts) - - Show Bio

@grift3r said:

I don't see it as you leaving, I just see it as you taking a break. And besides, what is the vine to do without Clara running about, and mucking things up?

I guess so yeah. A break. I just thought I'd let everyone know I'm thankful.

Ah yes. Clara the one who's either instantly hated or kind of appreciated.