#1 Edited by AmazingAngel (4216 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey everybody, I've been tooling around with the idea of being all artsy recently but with my Dyspraxia and whatnot limiting my capabilities I thought I'd never come out with anything good but I've given it a couple of tries.

Anywho enough of my life story, here's my (not completely finished) sketch of Angel.

#2 Posted by Blood_ (804 posts) - - Show Bio

Its a good start! keep working at it and you'll be a pro in no time!

#3 Edited by AmazingAngel (4216 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Posted by Pyrogram (42534 posts) - - Show Bio

@amazingangel: Keep at it man, remember we all start somewhere.

Remembers back to how much we use to suck at RPGing lmfao

#5 Edited by Clara Mass (8335 posts) - - Show Bio

Kidding. Practice makes perfect. Wish I had the ability to draw or have someone draw for me.

#6 Edited by Pyrogram (42534 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Posted by Clara Mass (8335 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Edited by Pyrogram (42534 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Posted by AmazingAngel (4216 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrogram: Thanks dude, give it a couple months I'll be a regular Liefeld :P

@clara_mass:

Thanks, I'll def keep up the practise and hey if I get good enough I could draw stuff for you :)

#10 Edited by Clara Mass (8335 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Posted by Naamah_Obyzouth (4750 posts) - - Show Bio

@clara_mass: I would draw for you but you never asked.

#12 Posted by ownagepants (4988 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Posted by Naamah_Obyzouth (4750 posts) - - Show Bio

@ownagepants:

I cant blow smoke rings... I have tried for years but cant figure it out its maddening.

#14 Posted by ownagepants (4988 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Posted by Clara Mass (8335 posts) - - Show Bio

@naamah_obyzouth: I don't like asking for stuff like that. It feels odd for me lol

Thanks though. We haven't even spoken since you returned >.>

#16 Posted by Constantine (16128 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the design idea and the action pose, it's a good start as everyone else has concluded

(and just to join in the gif fun)

Keep at it old sport ;)

#17 Posted by Legendary_StarHero (18935 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice start but you need a lot of work ahead of you like maybe some shading .

#18 Posted by _Glacier_ (6733 posts) - - Show Bio

It's a nice start, man. Keep trying and one day you'll be Vine's official artist and will draw Nobody for me the whole week =P

#19 Edited by Web_Flotsam (1131 posts) - - Show Bio

It's not much worse than what I can do. At least it's symmetrical and an interesting design, which is more than I can say for some professional stuff.

#20 Posted by Joygirl (20840 posts) - - Show Bio

@naamah_obyzouth: You can draw? D: Why are you not in my basement?! I promise I will only feed you the best skittles and fill your water bowl twice a day.

#21 Posted by Pyrogram (42534 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl: I remember when I drew you that sh!t picture of Bleez for your birthday :P

It was the thought which counted.

#22 Posted by Joygirl (20840 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrogram: Hehe, I recall that also. Speaking of which, I got... 16 days 'til the big double-2.

#23 Posted by Pyrogram (42534 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl: Oh...Really, an entire year passed so quickly, unreal. I'll remember in 16 days, watch :P

#24 Edited by Jonez120 (6429 posts) - - Show Bio

Not bad sir not bad at all. Much better than when I first started sketching stuff.

It is kinda funny though how he looks like he has briefs on from the eraser marks.

#25 Edited by JwwProd (12124 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Posted by AmazingAngel (4216 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks for the encouragement y'all, Whenever I do my next picture I'll be sure to post it up :)

#27 Posted by BumpyBoo (12038 posts) - - Show Bio

@amazingangel: This is a cool start, I hope you post more in the future :) Also, as someone else with dyspraxia, totally appreciate the extra time and patience it takes to draw something you can be happy with. Good on you, man.

#28 Edited by AmazingAngel (4216 posts) - - Show Bio

@bumpyboo: Thanks :), It did take a couple hours of rubbing out wonky lines and looking at reference pictures of actual anatomy so I wasn't screwing anything up.

Also you just reminded me I forgot to post this in Artist Show-Off as well. :P

#29 Edited by BumpyBoo (12038 posts) - - Show Bio

@amazingangel: Yeah, I almost missed this one with it being in the RPG forum, but the title caught my eye :) Not to worry, that's easily done.

I know what you mean, been drawing a while now and still have that same problem (with handwriting especially, lettering is the worst O_O). It can be pretty frustrating and time consuming at first, but it does get a lot easier to keep your hands steady and your hand eye coordination can improve the more you practise :)

#30 Posted by AmazingAngel (4216 posts) - - Show Bio

@bumpyboo: Awesome. just a quick question though, do you clean images up in after effects at all? Because I have it on my computer and a scanner but no ideas how to approach using the program.

#31 Posted by BumpyBoo (12038 posts) - - Show Bio

@amazingangel: Yes, sometimes. I use a program called Paint.Net (not to be confused with Paint) to clean them up, usually I alter the brightness and contrast to erase any missed pencil lines, and then colour them digitally :)

#32 Posted by AmazingAngel (4216 posts) - - Show Bio

@bumpyboo: Great I'll probably start tooling around with it then. Thanks for the help and I'll be sure to keep working on some neat drawings :).

#33 Posted by BumpyBoo (12038 posts) - - Show Bio

@amazingangel: Hey no problem, feel free to ask if you need any help along the way, and I look forward to seeing more :)