House On The Hill- Halloween Horrors (open thread)

Avatar image for cassius_knightfall
Cassius_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

There is a place, on the fringes of normality

A house unlike any other

For some a sanctuary from the world

For others a prison...

"Hello there gentle readers, i am here to provide you with stories. Fables of an unsettling, horrific and down right evil nature. Seasonal tiddings of a grim and violent nature. Readily served for the banquet of terror that clouds over the night known as Allhallows eve. Tales to feed the monsterous side of us all ready for the great feast that is Halloween."

This is an open thread for people to play around with halloween antics. Feel free to use as a location and interact. Post short stories or just pictures of costumes and banter. I will be posting some shorts i have been working on and would welcome seeing some others.

Go on give it a go.

_RetroFire_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yo great idea. I'll try one tomorrow.

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

Nice work man , glad that people more people are getting into the holiday.

xdarksider95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Am I a man or a beast? I was sitting on the floor of my bathroom in my warehouse. Unable to move because I felt like something was clawing the inside of my skull. My whole body felt like someone had dosed me in gasoline and lit me on fire. I struggled to get to my feet. Wheezing, the room became a blur of colors. Red, blue, green, purple, it all began to swirl into a horrifying mass causing me to vomit in my helmet. I was in a crouching position. The room began to spin violently around me, I collapsed in an attempt to fully stand up. I went into a coughing fit that was abruptly stopped when the walls started to become mysteriously shredded in front of me. The walls had long, crude claw marks as if a large animal had assaulted them. I stood up, stumbled to the sink. I took my combat helmet off. Stared into the mirror, as crimson red blood and vomit trickled down my mouth. I turned on the water faucet on the sink. I opened my mouth to examine the damage and my teeth began to suddenly fall out. The teeth went down the drain in a whirl pool of my tainted blood. I tried to turn away but felt a sharp, unbearable pain forcing me to leash out and smash the sink with an overhand strike. Then I got a flash of a huge dark furred animal in the mirror, before I collapsed into unconsciousness.

I woke up in a heat of sweat, I was alone. I was defenseless, in the middle of a forest, it was a full moon. But not just any full moon it was a blood moon. I started to hear growling coming from an unknown direction. The sound seemed to come from every single angle. It was drilling its way into my very being. After what seemed to be an hour, I couldn't tell if the sound was still going on or if it was in my head. I began to walk forward and quickly became aware that I was lost. The trees all looked the same and there was no landmarks that stood out from everything else. Just trees and more trees. The growling began to get closer, then just as it abruptly started it, it ceased. I was grateful for the horrifying noise stopping, then the the blood moon began to illuminate a red aura. I Fell to my knees, I stared up at the sky let out a bloodcurdling scream. Which ending in a haunting howl. The moon flashed the image of a wolf. I truly woke up back in my bathroom, unable to see, literally seeing red, I whipped my my hand across my face to attempt to improve my vision. There was a sticky liquid...it was blood. My eyes were leaking out blood. I stood up looked at the mirror, which began to become scratched before my eyes.

Scratched into the mirror was "Am I a man or a beast?" My combat helmet was suddenly clutched in my hands. When I looked down the helmet looked like it had been brutally mauled by a wild animal. The was a strange tooth embedded into the top of the helmet. I pulled it out it was a gigantic canine tooth. I started to feel groggy. I leaned against the mysteriously repaired sink, that had tribal marks and Native American totem pictures on it.I pressed the top of my skull against the mirror. The light bulb blew sending sparks and glass every where in the bathroom. I was violently shaking, I looked into the mirror as yellow eyes appeared. They were staring into my eyes...no they were staring into my very soul. Then a humanoid wolf lunged at me as the mirror violently shattered. Then I awoken to find myself in a small white room room.

At first my mind couldn't comprehend where I was. I Couldn't feel my hands, or claws. My arms were bound in front of me. I started to freak out. I swiftly stood up and made a mad dash. I hit the wall and bounced off of it, crashing down brutally upside down on to my skull. That's when I found out I was locked in a mental asylum. I started to scream but couldn't make any real words just primal sounds like a wild animal. I began to break down. I started to yell even louder, but then a laugh track started to play. I attempted to drown them out by slamming my body against the walls as I hard as I could, but the laugh track just kept getting louder, and louder and louder and louder and louder. Then the tone changed and the laugh had become more sinister the track took on a more deeper, menacing tone. I collapsed onto the padded floor. Then I heard foot steps behind the metal door of my cell.

" This is the most insane patient we have here at the asylum, he believes himself to be a werewolf, he is prone to hallucinations and violent out breaks. He is a 5'9 male, age believed to be 23, a gun for hire, refers to himself as Darksider." I sat up and stared at the small rectangular hatch in the metal. All the words I could form were "Not insane!" whaling it at the top of my lungs. The doctor turned away from the hatch "He is also a compulsive liar." The doctor coldly stated it like I wasn't even a human being that could comprehend what he was saying."Why does his file not have his birth name,sir?" another voice that wasn't the doctor's asked. The doctor looked back at me through the hatch in the metal door. His eyes were empty of any empathy, "He can't remember his own name, oh well he will be executed soon." No, that's not true I remember my name. My name is....my name is. My name. My name what is my name. Name. My name. What is my name. "What's my name!". I manged to growl out. Then more haunting laughter, as i suddenly found myself being dragged down the hall way by large men and women in doctor scrub, their faces obscured by medical masks. The were laughing at my pathetic attempt to escape their iron grasp. We got to a dark room. In the middle of the dimly light room was an electrical chair, above was a hanging swaying light.They forced me into the chair and tied me up.

"Any last words" They all said in unison. The room began to burst into cruel laughter as the doctors pulled down their mask to reveal mutilated faces. They had no skin. Then I heard the switch flip and my body began to convulse. Foam started to form at my mouth, bloody tears began to freely roll down my face. Then there was scratching at the back of my skull. When a thought hit me. Am I a man or a beast. My body was overtaken with pain. I began to change into a beastly form. My body began to grow jet black fur and my limbs grew out into claws. My skull became more like a dog or a wolf. Then I came to the realization that I was a were wolf. I easily tore through the straps holding me, but had no real control of my actions. It was like I was a passenger in my own body. All I could feel was blind rage and then I fell into a blood lust. None of the doctors survived. I woke up in my bathroom,as it was before all this happened, changing back to my human form. Knowing that this was all just in my head. I had my wolf self under control for now. I looked as my left eye change from yellow to its normal red. Am I a man or a beast? Both.

Cassius_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Big Thanks To @the_psyentist and @armistice for the feedback and proof read.

"The last thing I remember was the blood...

Then came the taste, a cold copperish sensation still lingering at the back of my throat. I gagged as I sat up from the bed. my tried eyes looking around the cold darkness surrounding the room.

A gentle tap as i sat on the edge of the mattress the blood flowing downwards from my fingers to the floor. Perfect crimson droplets colliding with the polished, wooden floor.The dark droplets tainting the shadows at my feet. I walk towards the mirror my feet smearing the crimson juices across the floor. Stopping at my wife's dresser i catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror, I don't see myself I see something else. Then I wake up. It's always the same, has been for weeks now.

So, tell me Doctor, am I crazy?"

A wry smile rising from the corners of the doctor's mouth.(comma space)the corners of which disappered(*disappeared) beneath his beard. "We don't like to use the term "crazy" ; It's not healthy. But Richard, I can tell you without hesitation that you're not crazy. You're aware of the abnormality of the dream that persists in manifesting itself to you. The question I would like to ask you is why do you think that is?"

Richard looked down at his hands spotless in his waking state, the lights overhead providing him a clear view of his pristine unspoilt digits.Their cleanliness was without question, but he could vividly still feel the sticky clotting hands of his nightmares.The blood setting on his palms, yet still fresh in places like a wound sat hidden from his eyes. "I guess.... I guess it's down to the problem not being fixed. Like a resolution not being found. You know a cycle that hasn't been broken. Look I don't know doc, I work a dead end job to keep my family fed. I don't have a degree in psychology."

The doctor made it obvious to change his position and stare his patient dead in the eye before continuing. "Very astute for a man who as you say works a dead end job." He smiled to punctuate his pleasure with his patient. "Have you considered that it's perhaps a deep seated dislike of your situation? Blood doesn't always mean death. It can mean change, a painful change perhaps, but maybe that's what you're longing for subconsciously. Is your job monotonous, your family life stale?"

The doctor's question was clearly not meant to offend yet Richard couldn't help but feel a little insulted with the line of inquiry. "I work in the sorting room. I place orders in cages all day, well I did when I was working. It can be quite boring. But it's easy and pays well. Better than I could get elsewhere after I finished school. My family life is fine.... I love my wife and my daughter. We all get on as well as any other family, I guess. I love my family, They are why I'm here. I am worried, doc. I'm worried that what I see when I close my eyes may try to one day escape. It would leave me with nothing" Richard cradded(*cradled) his head between his hands as he waited for a response from the doctor, an unsettling noise waking behind his skull, bouncing around, trapped inside his head was a primal force echoing in the depths of his mind.

"Richard, I am going to recommend some observation. I would like you to stay overnight at the facility so we can record and document an episode. It will help us diagnose you a lot faster, presuming you consent to it. I assure you, you will be perfectly comfortable and safe. Your family likewise. Are you feeling able to try?"

The noise within his head was growling ever louder behind his eyes, the horrific sounds within almost drowning the waking world completely out under its overpowering animalistic cry. Taking every ounce of his mind to focus on his response, Richard tried to keep his tone and pitch, even hiding his mental distress under a facade of normality."Sure. Tonight. Show me where to go."

Three weeks later

DONG.DONG.DONG. An ancient grandfather clock echoed around the vacant corridor, Its grand chimes reaching every corner of the house. Richard sat cross-legged in the kitchen staring into the darkness from where the ringing centered. The towering oak clock was ringing in an hour that no sane person should be awake to greet. It had been weeks since his appointment, his mind growing weaker as the internal conflict continued. A rampaging beast running rampant in his mind. A cold, formless shape hidden in the dark but with piercing grey eyes. Richard's last strands of sanity creaking under the tension of his sleepless mind, muttering to himself some inaudible mantra trying to restrain the anger, the animal, the other voice trapped in the recesses of grey matter. Looking down at the floor, rocking frantically, he continued to mumble.

"There is no creature; It's only a dream... only a dream."

The clock continued to chime. Even out of sight he could envision the hands barely moving. Time seemingly moving ever slower around him. His consciousness felt trapped in some godless place beyond all realms of reason. A formless blanket of darknass was all consuming, a beast hidden in its midst, cloaked by the shadow. Wits rapidly approaching their final end, the last bastion of light within his mind was primed to fail and be devoured finally by the hidden creature.

Crumpling to the ground as the fortress of his mind shattered somewhere deep within. A full grown man cradling himself on the cold kitchen floor. His fetal form let out a whimper as the tears began to flow. RIchard's mind was finally and completely broken.

Minutes passed, then hours. The morning finally dawning as the screams started. His body moved on instinct, brandishing a bread knife as he slowly and methodically moved towards his terrified wife. His daughter Sarah sheltered by his wife Alice's arm as they both started to backtrack. Alice coming to a halt as little Sarah's feet collided with the base of the tower clock standing next to the front door. "Don't do this Rich, this isn't you. Please, we love you. We just want to help you." Richard moved ever forward closing in, his dreams and the grey eyes within them seeking their violent conclusion. The man that Richard was lost beneath an all empowering violent impulse.

Fingers tightening around the blade, his free hand reached rapidly at the fringes of his wife's gown. The world faded to black and into the cold bitter air of night. Richard unsure of his location looking frantically around. His body instantly felt the uncomfortable and unnatural dampness. His eyes were suddenly and fully opened to the horror around him, words lost within. All emotion burst free from him in one loud, ear ringing scream. Straddling his lap were the two life less heads of his wife and daughter, his right hand cradling a battered bread knife.

His vision was fixed, staring at the terror, glazed over their dull, lifeless eyes. Freckeld spatters of dry blood sporadically were dotted across their faces. Flashes of memories sparked in his mind. The clock, the kitchen floor, the knife, the blood and the piercing grey eyes.

"What have I done?"

Hope You enjoyed it

The Psyentist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Great job! The piece just got better and better after each revision! :D

Cassius_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_psyentist: Thanks for the help, and the comment. Glad somebody read it at least.

Avatar image for the_superior_sapien
The_Superior_Sapien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Oh man, cool stuff.

Cassius_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

_Glacier_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tots joining when I got the time.

Cassius_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_glacier_: Good stuff man look forward to reading some more.

The Psyentist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darksider95: Oooooh! I like your contribution. :D It reminded me a lot of the newest Wolfman movie with Benicio Del Toro.

xdarksider95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for the_superior_sapien
The_Superior_Sapien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@the_superior_sapien: Thanks man, sadly not many people cna be bothered with it though.

It happens. Doesnt really look like many people on here can be bothered with anything. Never seen it this boring before.

Cassius_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darksider95: its a strong piece man, nailed your tone. Thanks alot for posting.

@the_superior_sapien True, Impero and i are working on something as well actually.

xdarksider95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cassius_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darksider95: No problem man i meant to comment earlier but sliped my mind. Sorry for that.

xdarksider95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cassius_knightfall: no,it's fine. Your story was probably the most intense thing I have ever read.

Cassius_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darksider95: lol thanks alot man, not entirely all down to me though as i had feedback.

Cassius_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

working on a new one for tomorrow. ....

_Creed_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cassius_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_creed_: I set the bar pretty high for myself last year though lol

_Creed_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cassius_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_creed_: Thanks alot ,i shall try not to. And hope others put up some shorts in the meantime.

The Psyentist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cassius_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_psyentist: @_creed_: Sorry to disappoint guys,i may have over reached myself and wont be able to get it up before the end of halloween. So i will probably just not bother now.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd6e53f65ed0
deactivated-5cd6e53f65ed0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cassius_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nikademus: Dont drink , and gtg. Lol strong gif though.

The Psyentist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

_Creed_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_psyentist: @_creed_: Sorry to disappoint guys,i may have over reached myself and wont be able to get it up before the end of halloween. So i will probably just not bother now.

No Caption Provided

The Psyentist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_creed_: Still one of my favourite gifs. (Even though CV won't f*cking show it. -___-)

Cassius_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_creed_: I have decided my accidental troll was kind of evil therefore it shall be my halloween contribution.

@the_psyentist:Right back at you ( late now though)

Story was called "Welcome Campers" it's like a third or so done.

The Psyentist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cassius_knightfall: Off-topic, but have you ever updated the Knightfall family tree? I see so many new ones (?) floating around, I'm curious as to who is related to whom.

Cassius_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_psyentist: I did a few times but then Orph went crazy and made like 5 more lol

The Psyentist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Psyentist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By The Psyentist

@cassius_knightfall: Actually I've neglected to count lol

Orpheus, Calvin, Jean, that Got character, the Knight one that I never used, the Predator I never used, Orph's wife... *facepalms*

Goddamn, man.

The Psyentist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@orpheus_knightfall: I think I have close to 20 members of one family, and House of Q still isn't as convoluted as that.

The Psyentist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cassius_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Psyentist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cassius_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Psyentist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cassius_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_psyentist: Good , and as for the number of Knightfalls... working on it.

Cassius_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@orpheus_knightfall: No problem.I think Nox has gave up with the hunting Knightfalls thing. So i will be finishing it solo i think.