Homeland [CVnU Empire Claim OOC]

Avatar image for cassius_knightfall
Cassius_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@honor_avenger: Good stuff i usually just go with my guy on stuff. Its one of the few thing i don't look at reviews for till after i could of got it to be honest. Not heard of Deathmatch or Flex i think.

Locke and Key has a weird vibe to it saw an issue my mate had and decided to get the whole lot as was in a pack. Death in the family is a good shout Batman year zero to is worth the look. Battle of the atom i never read but heard good things as well.

Cyke is an unexpected call lol, Gambit does have that sort of player vibe so i get what your saying. Best hope Andy doesn't see it either

Honor Avenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cassius_knightfall: Flex Mentallo is a big esoteric, I don't recommend looking into it before you have read up on chaos magic and the concept of sygils (since the whole work is supposed to be a hyper-sygil... well, it's Grant Morrisson, what do you expect? lol) You should definitely try Deathmatch, I think you would enjoy it a lot.

I like weird stuff, I read Planetary after all. lol Might have to look into it. I should also broaden my focus on Neil Gaiman (Sandman, Eternals, etc.) but who has the time? ;)

Andy knows I have the hots for him a long time. ;p Gambit has so many things that throw me off and his relation to Rogue is even more annoying than the whole endless Scott-Jean-Logan triangle.

Cassius_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@honor_avenger: I will look up deathmatch now then cheers. Flex sounds alittle weird but i will check that out as well as you say Morrisson lol.

I love Gaimans stuff i have 5-6 of his books the complete sandman and few of his films lol. I have a couple weird comics at the moment which are quite cool namely tooth and claw, Birthright and Crossed with Alan Moore they are worth a look and the first two are early on as well.

Andy will be pleased should he return lol, I liked Gambit and Rogues awkward relationship made any i was in alot simpler as a teen. Also Logan for Jean i always shipped that more.

Cassius_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@honor_avenger: Just looked up Deathmatch lol, i nearly ordered that as it was teased in Hellraiser by boom which i was getting till it finished. Just ordered the three books off Amazon £26.40 that shall do to keep my busy with Locke and Key.

Honor Avenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cassius_knightfall: Just imagine Grant Morrison jerking off his intellectual potential on a page and mix it with the convoluted logic and symbolism of his personal magical believes and you have Flex Mentallo. It's good but it's... well... weird. lol

Crossed? Isn't that from Ennis? But Gaiman is the fairy tale narrator or our generation. He manages to bring back the fantasy of our children days when everything was magic into our adult life while making it believable and age appropriate for our cynical adult minds. He is great. Wish I could read more of his stuff but there is so much else to read.

So never. lol I'm kind of tired of these drawn-out relationship issues. At some time I even tired from Cable and Domino (which is a hard thing if you know my love for these two characters). At some point I just want to see it done and see them face other challenges than dating. Take Spidey for example: Peter and MJ had year-long ups and downs and when they finally married they faced new challenges. That became really interesting before the retcon.

Cassius_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@honor_avenger: Sounds really weird

Yes Ennis does main timeline of crossed Moore is doing 100 years on, its quite good. I have Neverwhere, American gods, Annasi boys, Starlight, Fragile Things and another shorts book he did that i cant remember the title of. I also have Good omens which he did with terry pratchett with is great to. All worth the look in my view when you have the time especially american gods and good omens.

Have a point on the relationship front i was hugely displeased when they retconned the marriage out of Spideys life as you covered was interesting seeing him juggle the homelife with work.

Honor Avenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cassius_knightfall: Ah, now I understand! Might have to look into it then. Wasn't very excited about Crossed to be honest, Ennis can do much better (The Boys, Preacher, Rover Red Charlie which was a REALLY new take on the apocalypse). With Morrison on the future timeline it might get new momentum, these Walking Dead Clones are losing a hell of a lot momentum recently. I read American Gods and it is really, really good. It takes the usual generation-conflict and takes it to almost satirical heights. Very enjoyable. I mean I love extremes, why else would I read comics? lol

Oh man, yeah. It was terrible to see years of canon gone. But at least we had a throwback to Peter's solo times after that.

Cassius_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@honor_avenger: Its not bad as you would expect with moore its one issue in i think as well so pretty early on. True on the comics comment lol no need to explain that here lol.

The loss of that canon is truly awful that and the new Magneto isnt Scarlett witch and Quicksilvers dad gave me the same hell no reaction.

Honor Avenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cassius_knightfall: We will see where that leads. I'm still not convinced he isn't. It would be a much harder hit to make him believe he has no children with his beloved Magda than kill him. Maybe Wanda left him out of that spell intentionally.

Cassius_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@honor_avenger: i hope so i really do. Part of me thinks its an f u to fox lol

Honor Avenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cassius_knightfall: LMAO Oh, it is. Part of the whole barely covered campaign to push the Inhumans and ditch the mutants in the interest of the movie universe. They need them for they Avengers and thus they remove them for the mutants concept that is tied the X-Men license-wise. It is pretty clever from a legal standpoint I have to admit. They don't sue over the rights for the movies but instead they change the original medium to which they have EVERY single right. Saves them millions of court costs. Somehow admirable. I hope they give a nice reward to whoever had the idea (the inventor of Venom got only 220$ I came to know lately). Still I am sad to see the concept of mutants vanishing. I loved them so much and they were a symbol for the fight of every oppressed and persecuted minority. Marvel's way of showing balls on a political scale.

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

Honor Avenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cassius_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shadowswordmaster:what part man of the conversation man?

@honor_avenger: Marvel just need to get all their properties back fox and sony have been very patchy with them anyways. The method they have used is cheap but affective, just a shame it messes with canon so much. Especially when its damaging the mutants.

Honor Avenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cassius_knightfall: Agreed. They could do so much more with it. Especially the new Spiderman has been a friggin disgrace (mainly complaining about it because of what they did to Goblin, one of my favorite villains of all times). Days Of Future Past was great but don't lets talk about the Wolverine movies. I can only fantasize about what Marvel could do with it after they made me care about CAPTAIN AMERICA again (who I had disliked for nearly a decade).

ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

_Darkwing_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#768  Edited By _Darkwing_

@honor_avenger:

Honestly, with the whole Spider-man deal I blame the writers and director. Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone are a hell of a lot better than their predecessors, not only acting wise but they were more faithful to the characters in many ways that Tobey and Kristen were not. The new GB had potential to be frigging amazing, the writers made the same mistake that they did with Spider-man 3. Captain America was only good thanks to the behind the scene people and the supporting cast. Captain America was still the blandest character in the room.

Cassius_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shadowswordmaster: Well yeah it sucks then lol

@honor_avenger The Spidey oct bit was interesting thats about it recently for me. Future past annoyed me as it was another xman film wheer wolverine was the main man. He should of got vapourised by a sentinel. As for Cap i liked Bucky Cap i miss Bucky Cap lol

ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Strigidae_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Cassius_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Strigidae_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cassius_knightfall: Yep yep. Made it from that picture Gambler posted earlier. In this thread I think. Maybe Avalon. I can't think clearly.

Cassius_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strigidae_23: Good work then frames up real good for an AV nice and centered and a good pic. My Av is one i stole from Gambler. Cant think clearly? early or late there?

Strigidae_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cassius_knightfall: Thank you thank you. And yeah, Gambler is the best for AV's hehee. I looted my Amaranth AV from a look he used way back in the League of Shadows days. Neither, just sick.

Cassius_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strigidae_23: Indeed he is, the man knows his AV art. Lol good to know i'm not the only one looting. Sorry to hear about you feeling unwell. If it helps i can take the HOF voting thread off your hands, can just cannibalize last years one as well lol

Paper_Ronin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My AV's are sick too . v_v lol jk. I'm famous for stealing Gambler's shit. lol

Cassius_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

_Vex_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#779  Edited By _Vex_

Wait....this is done right?

_Peyton_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_vex_: I was wondering the same thing lol.

Cassius_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

_Vex_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Clutch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@_vex_ said:

Wait....this is done right?

Pretty Much.

Cassius_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_vex_: Gonna use Knightfall dollar to secure some of that later.#Ballin lol

Look forward to seeing some more posts though in this was a solid RP.

_Vex_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cassius_knightfall: ......did you just hashtag....you did...you just hashtagged

*Looks at list of role model writers*

Ugh.

*Deletes CK*

Cassius_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_vex_: You win some you lose some lol

Strigidae_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

_Peyton_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#788  Edited By _Peyton_
_Nox_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was a really great RP guys, really felt the life in it while it lasted.