#HeroGate - Open Discussion

Legacy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Legacy_

The sun is shining, the weather is right, mutants are being persecuted, and heroes are losing their worth. It's a dream come true for the most hated woman in the world. Her vision of utopia is now a reality, because every form of opposition that once stood in her way has subsequently depleted. The best part? She didn't even have to lift a single finger.

"AH!" She exaggeratedly exhaled as she stretched her arms outward with an almost uncharacteristic aura of absolute glee. "It's time. It really is." Miss Pierce muttered to herself with reassuring undertones, her brief pause represented her sheer disbelief toward the world that she personally believed molded to her every whim. Nevertheless, this new morning was far more important than the news she received pertaining to Nike Inc.

"A new beginning." Casually dressed in a simple black t-shirt with the addition of dark denim shorts, the naturally developed pinnacle of intellectual perfection exuberantly tore the covers off her legs as she hopped onto the mahogany wood flooring of her secret estate outside of her nation's capital city.

In a childlike manner the supposed mistress of mayhem skipped to her desk, a plain desk compared to the designer brand mentality of the company she's held, but this desk was different than the rest. It was decorated by a packet of milky white papers which were placed at the center with a pen sitting right beside its' freshly printed companion. However, these papers weren't blank, in fact they contained the words so effortlessly manifested from the heart of Miss Pierce, Shinji Tzukazaki, and her House of Representatives.

"How should I sign it? I have to give it character." Although it took some telepathic brainwashing, especially considering the fact that this law went against the infrastructure of American freedom; it was a necessary evil. An evil the wicked western witch was more than happy to unleash on those who'd wish her dead.

"Screw it! Keep it simple." In an unorthodox fashion the President of the United States signed a bill in the quarters of her unsolicited estate, smiling as she made the world of heroes more difficult then ever before.

"Let your actions speak louder than your words."

Action Against Powers

I've been gone for too long. I can see it in the way I'm looked at. No one ever knows how to talk to me. I'm just sorta here. I'm the guy who could have stopped Clarice's ascension. I'm the guy who never lived up to his potential. I have a son and one friend. That's literally my legacy. It's pathetic to think this is....this was my life. At least I want it to be, but with the way things are going. I don't know how I'll ever be the change I want to see.

"You're kidding me, right?" He's momentarily taken back to a time of turmoil when his former flame, and mother of his only son, Clarice Michelle Pierce steps up to a podium in Washington D.C. "No, f*cking way. This can't be." At first it's difficult to decipher every slither of political dialect, but having grown up in the games of media made the modernized aristocrat privy to gist of the president's carefully orchestrated presidential address.

In simpler terms her Action Against Powers Bill made the position of powers, regardless of genetic or acquired, as illegal as buying a gun without a license. From hence forth anyone with powers would be required to take a series of courses, tests, and a number of processes to determine whether she or he were mentally stable to have powers.

However, this bill withheld a certain amount of important intricacies. Americans with powers along the lines of telepathy, matter manipulation, or anything deemed hazardous to the health of other Americans would have no choice but to take a serum that'd make their power nonexistent. Yet, if they're deemed capable those few will be given the opportunity to live under the assumption they won't abuse their gifts.

As for those with simpler powers like enhanced strength, intellect, and plethora of low levels powers; they'd be given the choice (alongside a very small number of higher powered Americans) the choice to work for the government in some form or another or be injected with a chip that'd monitor their power activity through the use of sentinel like beings crafted by the Tzukazaki Wata-Dai Corporation.

Anyone using their powers without proper grounds (i.e. Murder, theft, anything deemed illegal, or interfering in the matters of law) the licensed mutants will be injected with the cure after a fair and proper trial.

In other words....Clarice Michelle Pierce had put the proverbial leash on heroes and mutant kind alike. Meaning anyone that stepped out of line or even thought of stepping out of line would be faced with inevitability of losing their defining characteristics. This bill and its' series of laws would be implemented in a yet to be specified date, but regardless of the start date.....Noah sat with a stunned expression. Not because his world was turned upside down or because the wicked witch had stood unopposed, but because......he kind of agreed with her stance on modern day heroics......

Open Discussion

I had an aha moment. I'm very much done writing in the manner of joining teams, open rpgs, etc. for the foreseeable future. However, I wanted to make one last contribution to canon by making everyone's life a living hell. I'm not very savvy with the inner workings of bills and laws, but I feel what I wrote was right (Correct me if I'm wrong). With that said, I wanted to discuss if y'all would be okay with this.

I figured we could talk it out and make this the final push where a new world is crafted. I imagine this world as a place where Americans have to monitor their powers, be careful who they used it around, and have to play hero low key or join the government and do as they say. I think it's well rounded enough that if you guys are cool with it this will be canon and I'm more than okay with you guys and gals filling out any other details to make the narrative stronger.

Legacy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 1

@legacy_: I'ma too tired to read, i'll check tomorrow lol

Legacy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram: Honestly, I'm not expecting much. It's late.

I wonder if anyone will read this...hmmmmm

_WildChild_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

From what I understand this will be another Superhuman Registration Act-esque thingy?

Well, I'm down for it, but I'll just say- been there done that.

Legacy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_wildchild_: Kinda, but in this case the government gonna be monitoring and most likely forcing the mutant cure on a large portion of the populace.

Everything's been there done that.....it's just a matter of adding a few new twists with different characters and motives.

Becauseimanerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Becauseimanerd

Well, I guess its time to put together an angry mob and revolt against the government.

No Caption Provided

Hexcraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Most my alts won't like it but I do.

Though it makes stuff a tad complicated ic(with good and bad aspects) thus I say why not

_WildChild_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@legacy_: Well I guess that's a twist.

Though IIRC, a lot of superhuman characters aren't mutantz anymore. Y'know, in the X-Gene fashion I mean. That phase has been sorta passing.

Legacy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Legacy_

@_wildchild_: Regardless, my intention is to shift the atmosphere into an American that's totally lost faith in its' superheroes and is very much afraid of anyone with powers. Hence forth the need for licensing, punishment, and monitoring of said beings.

I've never been one to follow trends anyhow. I try, but more often than not I stay in my lane and work with what I've got. Just trying to add some nuances into the overhaul narrative :D

Avatar image for the_superior_sapien
The_Superior_Sapien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

First let me say its beautiful written, as always. But, and this isnt a slight against the author, I was really hoping the landscape would take on something new. I cant put my finger on it just yet but its right there and I'm afraid we'll get sick of this real quick if we just jump right into another Enforced Hero Law era.

This is the Reg Act all over again and while it actually makes alot of sense given recent events, it still fells rehashed. The last three administrations all did a Reg Act era. We all know how this plays out regardless of whatever varied alterations we make IC. Pro and Anti. Against and For. Big government and freedom fighting libertarians. But even then the concept holds potential entertainment. The real problem is that this bill really changes nothing as there just arent enough IC people to hold down the Government side and make them a viable threat (long term), and aside from the cure, its just the Reg Act.

90% of the bill is stuff that is actually still canon law just ignored because the Government is inept. The White House has been overrun, destroyed, and attacked so many times that no one IC would be afraid of this bill. CVnU Government can barely protect itself let alone enforce wide scale superhero sign ups and mutant cure camps.

On the villain side this would change nothing at all. Using the same gun licensing analogy, stiffer gun laws only affect those who follow the law in the first place. A criminal with an illegal gun is giving zero fcks to regulated gun laws lol. Superhuman criminals would be giving zero fcks to stiffer meta-human laws.

Right now I'd say the majority of the public distrust heroes AS much as they do the government. So why not play on that and impeach the Prez? Overhaul the government? Mercury set up some government initiative stuff awhile back, why not let one of these player controlled Shield organizations take control and run with the ball for awhile. See if it starts something different.

Really not trying to rain on your thing here. Just throwing my initial thoughts out there. Naturally anyone is free to create any concept they want to. Hopefully this doesnt sound like me saying dont do it. I'm simply saying think about broadening the idea to include something other then registration.

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 12

hmmm

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

@the_superior_sapien said:

First let me say its beautiful written, as always. But, and this isnt a slight against the author, I was really hoping the landscape would take on something new. I cant put my finger on it just yet but its right there and I'm afraid we'll get sick of this real quick if we just jump right into another Enforced Hero Law era.

This is the Reg Act all over again and while it actually makes alot of sense given recent events, it still fells rehashed. The last three administrations all did a Reg Act era. We all know how this plays out regardless of whatever varied alterations we make IC. Pro and Anti. Against and For. Big government and freedom fighting libertarians. But even then the concept holds potential entertainment. The real problem is that this bill really changes nothing as there just arent enough IC people to hold down the Government side and make them a viable threat (long term), and aside from the cure, its just the Reg Act.

90% of the bill is stuff that is actually still canon law just ignored because the Government is inept. The White House has been overrun, destroyed, and attacked so many times that no one IC would be afraid of this bill. CVnU Government can barely protect itself let alone enforce wide scale superhero sign ups and mutant cure camps.

On the villain side this would change nothing at all. Using the same gun licensing analogy, stiffer gun laws only affect those who follow the law in the first place. A criminal with an illegal gun is giving zero fcks to regulated gun laws lol. Superhuman criminals would be giving zero fcks to stiffer meta-human laws.

Right now I'd say the majority of the public distrust heroes AS much as they do the government. So why not play on that and impeach the Prez? Overhaul the government? Mercury set up some government initiative stuff awhile back, why not let one of these player controlled Shield organizations take control and run with the ball for awhile. See if it starts something different.

Really not trying to rain on your thing here. Just throwing my initial thoughts out there. Naturally anyone is free to create any concept they want to. Hopefully this doesn't sound like me saying dont do it. I'm simply saying think about broadening the idea to include something other then registration.

I was thinking the same thing actually , it is well written but this is getting repetitive.

Legacy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_superior_sapien: THIS is actually what I wanted. To start a conversation. I've actually been waiting for impeachment, a purge of the old guard, but it has to be the right person. I've been mulling over the idea of Clarice being the person who's been making this reality so dreadful and mundane so by punishing or stripping her of the power....the reality would be looking at a sort of ripple effect that could result in whatever really. I want to help, but thank you for reacting. Although this is a natural progression for me....a twist has to happen.

@shadowswordmaster: *Stays in the White House

ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@legacy_: I was going to add something else but after that post , you have fun with this.

_Glacier_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@legacy_: This was awesome.

Welcome back =P

Rafael_Romeiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really not trying to rain on your thing here. Just throwing my initial thoughts out there. Naturally anyone is free to create any concept they want to. Hopefully this doesnt sound like me saying dont do it. I'm simply saying think about broadening the idea to include something other then registration.

You more or less posted what I was going to write. Definitely with you on this one, mano.

Mugen_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Mugen_
So many questions.
So many questions.

Legacy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shadowswordmaster: You always come off so damn passive with me that it's baffling. This was me writing my own narrative to progress alongside what's going on. Whether it's repetitive or not it makes sense with the trajectory of my characters. However, as I finished it I realized that some people may want something new. So, I figured this could be a thread where I don't know....maybe someone other than @the_superior_sapien and @rafael_romeiro can speak their mind.

ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers