Heroes of Old
Year's 2049. Most of the world's nations are blanketed in sprawling cityscapes, their citizens living in misery. The first thing one would notice about this Earth is a distinct lack of her former protectors. That's right, heroes are no more. How it happened is a thing lost to rumors and legends, remembered only by the few surviving heroes and villains that have gone into hiding. Though their true identities will soon be forced into the open. For the world will soon fall upon great disaster, and she will call upon those who used to keep her safe once more. The question is, will they answer it?
List of Players:
1. Jaime Heller. Formerly went by Abel. Once upon a time, Abel was the elusive clone assassin known as 1146. But a turn of events revealed to him just how disposable he was to his handlers, and after a fateful battle with the heroic archer Longshot, he found himself putting his skills to the cause of peace. However, his newfound calling did not last long, as the coup happened only a couple years after he ceased taking life. Like all of the now-surviving 'heroes', Abel went into hiding. He assumed a civilian identity, and faded into obscurity. Now he lives on the outskirts of what used to pass for Washington D.C., acting like every other citizen. Though he still keeps his old bow under his bed, in case times change again, and the world calls for someone to protect it. (1146Abel)
2. Longshot. Imprisoned during the great fall, Longshot is one of the last "heroes", but after years confined to a cell, he can hardly remember what he was fighting for. Now, he's been given a chance at freedom. He finds a world much different than the one he left behind, but everything he sees is the end result of what he and the other heroes tried to create. He walks the Earth trying to find and reconnect with the others, but like everyone else in the world, hope has left him. (.Longshot.)
3. Cain was once a violent, alcoholic gun for hire, Drinking, Smoking and Fornicating wherever he went, Trails of blood following. But days turned into months, months into years, and years into decades as eventually Cain said "I'm gettin' WAAAY To F*cking Old for this Bullsh*t." He had several children due to his...Less then safe actions, None of which he cared for, except his two oldest, Alex and Sheamus. He tried to teach them the best he could as he headed into his fifties, The world was changing around him as he became a disgruntled former mercenary, Hating the world around him, Hoping someone like him would bring about a revolution, And force the I.S.A.(Imperial States of America.) "Red Tape Boys." As he called them, All to they're death. But it never came. The Horrific government began executing his sons and daughters occasionally for acts of rebellion to the empire, No doubt a trait inherited from they're father. Slowly the world devolved into that he hated, His friends were being killed or forced into hiding, And even one of his sons, Daiman, Sided with the empire. But a day of reckoning occurred, The I.S.A. Was attempting to pass a bill to permanently outlaw the first three amendments, And At this point Cain decided to take up Arms against his oppressors, His remaining allies by his side, And begin the violent and bloody overthrowal of the american government (shadowknight666)
4. Prowl. In the alternate timeline his criminal father died from old age, and Prowl was already fully convinced that killing was good. During the Great Fall he worked as an assassin for the corupt government, killing Metas who wouldn't turn themselves in. In his old age he was betrayed by the government and sent to jail. Prowl tried to escape 4 months into jail. During the escape he had his eyes gouged out, blinding him. But, in the end, he escaped. His senses were improved because of his blindness making him even more deadly. Constantly hunted Prowl went underground to escape the government. He now is an solo assassin working for his own agenda. (Prowl)
5. Selma Sherman had been walking this Earth alone, through, wars, famine, times of peace, great victory, discoveries she had been alive for centuries. Born in London, England in 1989 she lived with her parents until she was 17. She fell in love and tried to runaway with her lover. Her parents would not allow it, she begged and pleaded but it was no use. Her powers manifested fully, she had seen them before but this time they lost all control. She burned down their house, her parents survived but barely, they called her witch and monster and she was chased out of town. Her lover Nicolle, told her he loved her and always would. The mob caught up to them, she told him to leave to protect him from herself. He refused she went as far to say she didn't love him anymore, he still refused. Her powers were set off by the stress of the mob that tried to attack them, a few people were hurt, the only one to die was Nicolle. She spent a year in a psych ward, released she had no where to go. Everyone around her started to die, she realized she as not getting any younger...she was cursed or some may say blessed to be immortal. She eventually became a free-lance detective, and served during times of war. Always, lonely and hollow searching for meaning and purpose to her eternal being. (Fox Fire)
6. Fleur Corentin-Arceneau. Daughter of Basile Corentin-Arceneau, an infamous superpowered con man that perished during the great fall. Much like her father, she has amazing abilities, though she received hers from her father's genes. Unlike her father, Fleur is far more idealistic, having been arrested numerous times for protesting against the oppressive I.S.A regime. Each time she has escaped, donning a new name and face. She's had enough. Talk of revolution has begun to brew, and Fleur is more than ready to thrust herself into the thick of it. But she is still young, and her brash nature may very well get the better of her. Donning a simplistic green costume, she has adopted the name of Venin, and is preparing herself for what is to come. (Toxique)
7. Fera is the last of her family and even many tied to it. Many people suffered Fera's family was simply one of the many. Through schemes brainwashing and betrayal the girl lost everything. Once seen as a wild eyed teenager she hasbecome one of the freedom fighters. She uses her mothers sword and sisters bow to end threats quietly. Her shape shifing abilities taking use in sevral ways. Fera is a predator from birth but the I.S.A has made her a simple wounded cornered fox. (Bloodcroft)
8. Witness. A former mad scientist, Witness used to be an insane time traveler who fought for the cause of good. He believed himself to of reached his full potential, that fate had done its work on him. He was wrong. One fateful event changed him for good, accelerating his powers to the point where he was practically a God. Though there was a silver lining in this loss of his humanity. He was sane. Clarity graced him for once, and he found that fate had now passed his final destiny onto him. At first, he tried to use his newfound godhood to help humanity. But this backfired horribly, forever changing the course of human history. Realizing that with godhood came neutrality, he took the name of Witness and imposed exile upon himself. Deeming himself to be the watcher of all time, he waits, observing as these events unfold. (ArtairSinclaire)
9. Captainspidey is one of the last villains, ever. An assasin, he killed many goverment officials with his energy powers. His energy powers make him survive century after century, unwillingly. Prison is unbearable compared to his billionare life, and all he wants to do is kill himself. Abandining his villainous ways he rises up with the unbearable heroes despite his despair. (captainspidey1)
(This is an open roleplay. All you need to do to enter is submit a short character bio here, and I'll put it up.)
Edit: Also, since this is a non-canon alternate timeline roleplay, it's not out of the question that your character may die by the end of the plot. Just a fair warning.
Edit: http://www.comicvine.com/forums/rpg/9/heroes-of-old-rpg/668765/ <- RPG thread