lorbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By lorbo

I have an OC and I have come down to these powers so far:

Alpha Beams: Like omega beams except they are orange and have a different effect. They can move as fast a bullet and can bend (you can move them slower too). You must not turn your head while using them or they will cut off. They can:

1. Teleport you. Or any object that is not bolted down to the ground or a surface. You can only teleport one thing at a time.

2. They can go through stuff.

4. They can heal or regrow body parts.

X-Ray Vision: Useful for obvious reasons.

Metal Mode: She can shift to metal and weighs 80 tons in this mode. She can also fly in this mode. Flies as fast as a car moves. Her strength is normal, but that is almost a mute point with how heavy she is. Antitank weapons or the equivalent would be effective against her. Punches not so much, unless you were hulk and some time on your hands.

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By JonSmith

Hm... The problem is you've got two ocular powers... That would imply your persons power is in the eyes, if you're going to have multiple eye powers and you're not going for a Superman class character, I'd recommend adding a third or even fourth option to the eyes rather than a tertiary body power, beyond the most common one superpower, of course.

Let's see... I'd say go whole hog and add some concussive force to the Alpha Beams. Think Cyclops style eye beams: No heat, it'll just knock you around. Add magnification (or 'super') vision for long range, you've got a good sniper character: Can move people around a battlefield provided she's got eyes on, and can provide remote assistance via either healing or concussive blasts. And since she's out of attack range of most opponents, she doesn't need to be more durable.

With the ability to heal via sight, she can just her look at herself to heal any visible wounds. This could provide an interesting design element to her costume, namely, more defense on spots she can't actually see, like her back. Also add a helmet since she can't really look at her own head. Granted, costumes aren't exactly DESIGNED to be practical, but that's beside the point.

lorbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By lorbo

@JonSmith said:

Hm... The problem is you've got two ocular powers... That would imply your persons power is in the eyes, if you're going to have multiple eye powers and you're not going for a Superman class character, I'd recommend adding a third or even fourth option to the eyes rather than a tertiary body power, beyond the most common one superpower, of course.

Let's see... I'd say go whole hog and add some concussive force to the Alpha Beams. Think Cyclops style eye beams: No heat, it'll just knock you around. Add magnification (or 'super') vision for long range, you've got a good sniper character: Can move people around a battlefield provided she's got eyes on, and can provide remote assistance via either healing or concussive blasts. And since she's out of attack range of most opponents, she doesn't need to be more durable.

Problem is, she is working solo. Oh I get it, she would just snipe. But by herself she could only do so much. Maybe I will take up that suggestion. Cause with the teleport she could knock out several foes in a room and then come in. Super vison isn't necessary because she can see where the beams are going like a first person view camera when she is using them.

Because her Alpha beams can change direction like Darkseid's and even slow down, and the fact that she can see with her beams; she won't need to armor spots she can't see. The fastest her beams go is bullet speed. But can go slower if she wants.

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By JonSmith

@lorbo said:

Problem is, she is working solo. Oh I get it, she would just snipe. But by herself she could only do so much. Maybe I will take up that suggestion. Cause with the teleport she could knock out several foes in a room and then come in. Super vison isn't necessary because she can see where the beams are going like a first person view camera when she is using them.

Because her Alpha beams can change direction like Darkseid's and even slow down, and the fact that she can see with her beams; she won't need to armor spots she can't see. The fastest her beams go is bullet speed. But can go slower if she wants.

Then she's a perfect sniper character. She can see through walls, teleport herself around to a good vantage point, use X-Ray to view the area, find targets, Alpha Beam them, either with the concussive force blasts, or just teleport them into the air and let them drop. Provided her foe isn't, say, faster than a speeding bullet, she should be fine. And not giving her any durability enhancements BEYOND the healing sight, makes her a special case: She HAS to stay at a distance, because she's no more durable than a normal human up close.

Basically, a more versatile, female, Cyclops.

lorbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By lorbo

@JonSmith

Power Reboot:

Alpha Beams: Like omega beams except they have a different function. Can go through transparent stuff. Top speed is bullet speed but can move slower.

Functions:

Healing/regrow body parts.

Teleportation at the end of it. Herself or others. But only one thing at a time.

Blue Energy Rings: She can throw them. If thrown like a frisbee they return back to her, otherwise they won't. She can make an unlimited amount of them. They create flashes on contact that last 15 seconds, these flashes make any who see them mesmerized for 15 seconds. Great for escaping. It has no effect on machines obviously.

Cat Like Agility: Can run 30 mph and jump 6 times her height (5'9). Which is 33 1/2 feet.