Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Argus_

Hey.

No Caption Provided

A set of images flashes crosses numerous screens across the U.S and streamed via numerous forms of media. It didn't really take long for the video to go viral, and for social media to turn the spark into a fire. The figure then appeared, across cellphones, across various public televisions out on the streets, various streams. His face completely concealed by the ridiculously low res image display of him, and warped voice he spoke in. Text accompanied his every word, links even being included.

Don't worry. Just a typical Broadcast signal intrusion. Sorry for the interruption. But if I might get a few minutes of your time, I'll just be on my way. I'm not here to threaten you or to try to publicize some execution. My message is well, a pretty simple one. It's one that urges you to take your eyes away from vine for two seconds just so you can pay a bit of attention to what's happening around you. This sound familiar, it should.

An image appears on the screen.

No Caption Provided

Remember this? Guy appears on the screen and warns you that no one really gives hoot about you in general and more so, cares about what they can get from you. Money, praise, all the same. Ever wonder what happened to our dear Dox? Actually, so am I. I haven't heard anything about him. No news reports. No internet article. Nothing. He was guy doing something illegal, trying to tell the truth. Hell, so am I. But you don't you think that the public at least deserves to know what actually happened to him. I doubt we're gonna get an answer. We can speculate about some Maverick death squad or Liafador throwing some building on his house, but one thing seems pretty clear....

He's gone without a trace, and I personally think, that means he was onto something. Now, don't get me wrong, my core message is for you, to think for yourselves, unlike what a lot of people want you to do now, and what people throughout history have been wanting those below them to do. To think for themselves.

If you haven't notice, our world is pretty slowly going towards a direction I don't think it should go. I mean really, for starters on current events, has Maverick really replaced the entire military? I thought technically they were a security firm. But I bet those weapons they have in orbit make us feel very safe. I understand that yes, you might need a bit of firepower, but that maybe you should let us know when you feel like giving the space treaty the finger with space born weapons of mass destruction.

I mean, sure, they're doing well, but I don't think that's an excuse to make the world come closer and closer to syndicate. Things like this would make me think we're coming closer and closer to a corporatocracy everyday, never mind the U.S. Presidents pretty blatant self promotion into buying his newest insta-transhuman wrist watch that totally won't be something that someone can exploit later on. (Calling it).

Other news consists people fighting over who gets save the middle east, by having huge fights in populated cities. Nothing new here.

Mutants still living in ghettos around the world, just waiting to plop out more people who turn to terrorism.

Liafadors are great and punching things until they die, though politics may or may not be another story. Just ask the kids still starving in Africa.

Just, you know, people doing what they want, when they want to people who just let it happen. I'm not telling you to go out and be violent. I'm just telling you to stand up, to think, for the millionth time. We don't need violence, we just need to know, to demand answers. Notice how nobody actually answered to all this?

Your ignorance is there power.

The screens shuts off, everything returns to normal. Investigations had led many to believe that in actuality, this man had help from numerous people, potentially on an international scale, and he, along with those he worked with, were good at covering their tracks. He was like a ghost, even the most advanced of technology failing against thier inferior technology.

All that was left in his wake was the makeshift message he'd sent to the public. It was there choice to listen. And their place to think.

Argus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Argus_

@orpheus_knightfall:

Thanks. Though, feel lost momentum in this tbh. Came off as a bit rambly. I almost feel bad that I'm probably gonna end up harping on you in a moment.

Maverick_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hardest part about this is trash talking yourself without sounding too biased.

Argus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Argus_

This seems like a good time for a bump. Then I'll just leave it be.

Ananke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Interested.

Logan_Davis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still need to read this, but I'm always for a rebellion.

Maverick_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Logan_Davis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ananke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I found it engaging.

Demosthenes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"...Sir? Secretary Clark?"

He exhaled, fingers pressing against his own temples. They move gently along his forehead, massaging his aching brain and attempting to quiet his nerves. He paced back and forth through the hub of activity, all eyes on him. Finally, he spoke.

"Wipe it. Wipe it clean. I want hard copies only. I'm talking paper here, people. Old-fashioned physical files. Until we get this business sorted, I want no Advanced Homeland Security parahuman-related data on any electric network whatsoever," he said with authority, turning once more to the massive screen that displayed the blurry face of the newest internet activist to grace the world with his presence.

"But sir, our network is unhackable. It's a self-writing code. There's no other encryption like this in the world-"

"One word, son. Technopath. Remember the Rustler? Lad who could talk to computers with his mind? We can't discount that we could be dealing with something similar. We don't just protect the normal populace from dangerous metahumans. We protect said metahumans from an aggressive, abusive populace. If some idiot hacker were to release this to the public, every paraman and woman across the country would face a mob at their doorstep, a mob with knowledge of their capabilities and limitations. It's our duty to protect every citizen of this country, and I won't have this information falling into the wrong hands."

He paused.

"I'll reiterate one last time. This is not a drill. Wipe it clean."

Zeon Liafador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By Zeon Liafador

Liafadors are great and punching things until they die, though politics may or may not be another story. Just ask the kids still starving in Africa.

How the heck are starving kids in Africa the Liafador's fault? LOL

Argus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeon_liafador:

Harvesting immense amounts of gold and diamond from space and flooding the markets with it, ultimately detracting from areas in Africa which rely on the sales of such. Though, Dox was the first one to mention it ^_^

Avatar image for tassiana_pettis
Tassiana_Pettis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@argus_ said:

@zeon_liafador:

Harvesting immense amounts of gold and diamond from space and flooding the markets with it, ultimately detracting from areas in Africa which rely on the sales of such. Though, Dox was the first one to mention it ^_^

we did what? LOL

uhhh ok then, I don't remember the Liafadors harvesting gold and diamonds from space xD

Argus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@argus_ said:

@zeon_liafador:

we did what? LOL

uhhh ok then, I don't remember the Liafadors harvesting gold and diamonds from space xD

Found it

"The target would essentially have twenty tanks looking at them, all the while uploading it to every one of our attack helicopters in the area. That is what we need", Alexis concluded. The metahuman aspect of war however, would be addressed by him and Ziccarra in private, as well as other strategies he had in mind."I realize I'm asking for a lot and that it is quite costly but it isn't beyond our budget", and it certainly wasn't, given that he had assisted in significantly improving Spain's economic status by bringing with him, extraterrestrial means of wealth e.g. gargantuan masses of diamonds from pressurized carbon planets etc. as well extracting resources from the cosmos instead of depleting the nation's own reserves.

Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#16 Feral Nova  Moderator

Huh... Well alrighty then! LOL

Avatar image for joey_destroyer_of_worlds
Joey_Destroyer_of_Worlds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Other news consists people fighting over who gets save the middle east, by having huge fights in populated cities. Nothing new here.

Yeah! I did that. *ignores the entire rest of ad to gloat to friends on self-achievements*