Headhunting: An Angel to Hell

Medusa_Merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@AmazingAngel

Medusa has set out to begin collecting the victories' contracts. Many people wanted them dead. Medusa was to start with their leader. Demoralize the rest, make them weak. He would have the Angel's head on a plate, and a briefcase full of money within the next 24 hours.

Medusa had sent out a fake distress signal, directed at Amazing Angel himself. Medusa waited in the shadows, blade held to his skin.

His propelled blood could pierce the armor of a tank easily. We'll see how well the Angel handles it.

AmazingAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@medusa_merc:

Another late night in front of the sterile glowing computer screen, it's been a couple of days since Angel had left the comfort of his new home, maybe it was the heavy workload, a constant flowing torrent of names, places and world shattering events being fed into Angel's enthusiastic but limited decision making capacity, maybe he just enjoyed having the time to himself, a quiet home away from home unaffected by forces out of his control or maybe it's the fact that his little publicity parade showing his face to the world shattered any hopes of a quiet existence that weren't already immolated during the bombings on the february of twenty thirteen. Every crazed chaotic with dreams of adding the ultimate notch to their belts had put a price on Angel's head, everywhere he walked he did it with a limp in his leg and a pair of dark shades covering his face but the good ones still see though that, all he can do is fight, forever.

The streets of New York were a very different place now, it's almost as if the people could feel the two titans gearing up, ready to bombard each other at full force, crushing all those left in between in a war not likely to end with anything less than blood on the victors hands and a million corpses at their feet. The streets look deceptively well lived in, residual trash and debris from past skirmishes litter the grimy pavement, not a soul can be seen wandering at this hour, not even the so called 'peacekeepers' left over from the previous jackass in a coat of lies with a team of spin doctors pulling wool over the eyes of the average vote were there, all preparing for the incoming storm.

Angel had discovered a way to make his regular journeys back to earth more conspicuous, a mere split second of light accompanies by the massive discharge of celestial energy in the form of a light breeze spread over several miles. He knew he'd been noticed, he knew that round every corner was another fly he'd have to bat away with merely a limp swipe of a few fingers, the challenges he faced weren't battles with great champions of foreign worlds, legions of horrifying creatures constructed by a mad scientist or even long forgotten creatures capable of bringing empires down to their knees... they were diplomatic, they were about making decisions that would resonate through the history of the world and he'd no time to worry about the old woman on a street corner getting her bag stolen by a gang of street youths and more about finding a group of remarkable individuals who were good in a fight and marketable to the general public... it was different, maybe in a good way, he hadn't really decided on that one.

Angel's patrol had done nothing but given him time to think while he wandered the empty streets, he already had enough of that... "huh" Angel was stopped dead in his tracks, not by anything seen, heard or even a peculiar smell, no he felt something, a feeling in the air almost as if the temperature had become slightly colder, darker and he wasn't even entirely sure how air could feel 'dark' but it was difficult to explain, he couldn't exactly explain it but he knew what this feeling was. He lifts his staff fashioned into the convenient shape of a walking cane embellished with a priceless jewel and tapes the base on the floor making a loud foreign clang, sounding like a mixture of wood and steel finished with pristine stained glass, he wanted whoever this was to hear.

"I'll give you the first shot."

Medusa_Merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amazingangel:

Medusa was surprised he was noticed, typically being able to remain unseen until the time to strike was upon him. This one was different. The contract would be fulfilled, but his skill earned him respect enough for the the assassin to step from the shadows, and greet him formally.

Medusa was not one to you with his targets, preferring a quick contract. But, everyone has to have some fun.

"Hello. I'm sure you know why I'm here. And I'm sure you think you're walking out of this alive. The sad fact is, people want you dead. People are willing to pay me a lot of money for it to happen. I wouldn't be here if they didn't. I don't want to kill you, but I want the money. You just happen to be the unfortunate middle man."

As a show of power, Medusa raises his hand and knife, before citing it open, sending a superpowered stream of blood barreling through a nearby biking and causing more, much quitter destruction in the distance. The would healed almost immediately, but remained open long enough for a good blast.

Medusa looked for any signs of emotion, so he would know how his pope pent would react, but found nothing. "Well, I guess it's time to do this." Medusa tossed his knife in the air and caught it before using his immense speed to lunge at the Angel.

AmazingAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@medusa_merc:

Angel twisted his neck slightly as he felt the assassin's feet treading ever so slightly on the moonlit road behind him, not heard 'felt', ever since Angel became one with the Nephilim control tower he'd developed a sort of heightened sense for other living beings behind him, he'd feel the lift of another hero doing God's work, the bad juju coming from a spawn of hellfire and the pull of a tortured soul in need... in this case it was the stench of an amateur hour bounty hunter hungry for blood money.

"Hello. I'm sure you know why I'm here. And I'm sure you think you're walking out of this alive. The sad fact is, people want you dead. People are willing to pay me a lot of money for it to happen. I wouldn't be here if they didn't. I don't want to kill you, but I want the money. You just happen to be the unfortunate middle man."

"Well, I guess it's time to do this."

Angel didn't really have the mental energy or the intellectual 'gas in the tank' is you will to deliver his regular 'one, two punch' of clever quips insulting his opponents intelligence, sexuality, choice of outfit or relationship with their mother so he decided to let the mouthy merc continue his verbal tirade. After which the black clad assassin exploded his blood... or something Angel wasn't actually paying his optimum level of attention, he expresses minimal levels of emotion at his opponents obvious tactic of intimidation and begins to slowly and methodically turned the rest of his body to face the enemy he assumed would be rushing toward his at this point, attempting to utilise (for the first time I might add) his newly developed form of heavily armed combat known as 'Kasai Purasusuchīru' roughly translated to 'Fire + Steel' synergising his hyper skilled use of his legendary Staff and Pistols to create a form able to defend and attack at short, long and medium range.

Angel once again employed his ability to manipulate the flow of time around him, giving all those lucky enough to be in his general area the illusion that Angel traveled at super speed. Warming himself up the imminent attack he took advantage of his ability to alter his molecular structure to a certain degree, giving himself a somewhat more gelatinous form able to manoeuvre his entire torso out of his opponents general direction. His next move provided the dodge was successful would be a simple swings of his staff directed at his opponents jaw, this move would be combined with his strategic twirl to face his adversary, after the staff strike he would proceed to continue his rotation sliding his melee weapon into it's slot, he then planned to wrap his right hand around the attackers throat and point his right gun directly into his back, unleashing a blast of white light that would send him flying into any nearby objects and eventually begin to cause short term paralysis if his willpower was weak enough. Although that entire scenario depends on how well this know how to counter attack.

Medusa_Merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Medusa_Merc

@amazingangel: The staff connected, and Medusa could feel a skull fracture. No matter. It would be healed soon. He was only slightly dazed by the otherwise devastating blow, and rolled into a crouching position before completing the Angel's speed. Not many could dodge a supersonic lunge of his.

Medusa tossed a knife at Angel, before puncturing his skin and blasting at the ground below angel's feet. He planned to follow this with another lunge, while his opponent was stunned by his various distractions.

AmazingAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By AmazingAngel

@medusa_merc: The staff had delivered a slightly more violent hit then Angel had intended, he had to remind himself that he wouldn't always be fighting ethereal demons that would eat his shots like a cheapskate at a buffet and request seconds, he could kill someone over nothing, the straw that could break the camel's back. Thankfully the mysterious mercenary seemed to recuperate with little visible damage, Angel turned to face his attacker but his sluggishness and unwillingness to utilise a great deal of his clock stopping abilities meant the hired hand was able to unleash a volley of offence.

First was a simple knife projectile launched in the hero's general direction, probably a distraction in preparation for whatever came next, still interested in conservation he decided against straining himself to avoid the knife, instead he utilised a simple Karate block delivered with minuscule levels of gusto, his timing was almost perfect as he halted the blade's momentum only sustaining minor cuts on his forearm, wounds that undeniably would heal before the next attack. Second was blast of the black clad man's seemingly explosive blood, Angel withdrew his gun from his holster and separated it into two, blasting himself into a graceful backflip landing behind he damaged area.

He expected the third attack to be a bit more physical then the former two based on the stance of the assassin, his feet touched down softly on the crunchy tarmac as he assumed a more dominant position, challenging his current adversary to engage him in direct physical one more time, Angel wanted to end this, even though he was positive his opponent had other ideas.

Medusa_Merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Medusa_Merc

@amazingangel: Medusa admired his opponent's skill. The mercenary took his opportunity to perform another supersonic lunge, to be followed by a flurry of slashes and stabs.

He could just run in with his machete and decapitate the angel, but there is no honorable death without a fight.

As he mercenary flew through the air at blinding speeds with his knife forward, he suddenly got an idea. While still midair, he slit his own throat and watched as the crescent of weaponized blood blasted before him, but didn't stop his flight towards his opponent.

AmazingAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@medusa_merc: Unpredictability is pretty much a necessity on the field of battle, especially when facing an opponent as powerful as the foes Angel is used to squaring off against, it became ever apparent as his opponent utilised his lethal ability as a distraction to both blind and disorientate Angel while still in mid flight that this assassin had it in spades, Angel was aware that such an attack would be coming but he didn't want this fight to get any slower, he thrived on fast thinking instead of planning and preparation. He utilised a mere fraction of his time distorting abilities to seemingly teleport merely a foot or two closer to his lungeing opponent, the explosive blood coated him like a thick tar and seared into his flesh even more ferociously burning through his flesh and revealing the blinding light folded neatly into a humanoid shape.

Angel planned to greet his opponent at the premature end of his lunge, coming face to face he would see the effects of his explosive blood as half of our heroes skin hangs from his face revealing the heavenly luminescent glow underneath, The broken one decided to push through any illusions of pain and attempt to grab the mercenary by the back of his neck and thrust his fist into his coiled stomach, at which point he would use his momentum against him and slam him feet first into the paved road but without releasing his tight grip.

Medusa_Merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Medusa_Merc

@amazingangel: Medusa stumbled across the ground, but quickly righted himself. His opponent grabbed him, and latched on. "Well ain't you the strong one. I've never seen a tank that can survive my blood. Obviously, you ain't no tank!"

Medusa felt the position of the angel's body change ever so slightly. He was going to punch him. Medusa took advantage of this by vibrating his stomach, making it extremely easy to punch through his flesh and bowels, causing a massive, but painful explosion.