Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Raiyo

CHANNEL 41.

Welcome to "What Could've Been."

Lucha Libre is an art that takes skill and years to master. Legends such as Mil Mascaras and Gory Guerrero are notable from the contributions and amazing work they've displayed in the ring. The style intrigues and mesmerizes audiences worldwide. Heroes and villains confront each other in the ring is the most common form and story that settles disputes. But the story of a prodigy and a legend always gives the audience something to look forward to.

Mexico City, Mexico

*Translated from Spanish

*"Ladies and gentlemen I'm Roberto Castillo and welcome to La Federacion de Lucha Libre! With me tonight is my co-commentator Victor Zarate."

"Thank you Roberto. Tonight we will witness the main event: Guerrero vs. Rayo (pronounced Rai-yo) for the FLL Heavyweight Championship. These two have formed quite a rivalry for the past few weeks that has escalated to this very moment."

" Guerrero has held the championship for over 425 days; the longest in company history. He utilizes his strength and sharp mind that is not rivaled with any other wrestler on the roster, not to mention Guerrero is a third generation wrestler. Wrestling is in his blood and let me tell you, he will not lose tonight!"

"Well Victor don't forget about Rayo. The 18 year old prodigy who learned the art of lucha libre from the best in Mexico. He has yet to hold a championship but it can all change tonight. His agility in the ring is amazing and his high flying skills make you wonder if gravity affects him at all. Something tells me this kid will go to places."

"He's a kid, that's all. He's not even Mexican! He's Ecuadorian. A veteran like Guerrero will not lose."

The crowd was cheering, louder than they had the whole night. The main event was announced: Guerrero vs. Rayo. The Warrior vs. the Lightning Bolt. The crowd was perfectly even on who to choose. Signs were high above their heads supporting either the Champ or the Rookie. Lights of all colors were flashing all over the arena. A recap of the feud was playing on the huge screen above the entrance of the wrestlers, just to hype the crowd even further, puffing up what was already big. This was a night to remember, a night for all of Mexico to be watching. Lucha libre wasn't a simple sport, it's art, it's a passion.

The walkway began to illuminate, Guerrero's theme song played as the crowd began to cheer. Explosions erupted and he appeared. The crowd roared. He was 6'0'' but with an imposing build weighing at 230lbs. His Indigo blue ring attire and mask was iconic in the company. The championship belt was on his waist, he unbuckled it and slowly lifted it in the air. The crowd could not wait for the match. Guerrero placed the belt on his shoulder and walked towards the ring. Children with different variation of his mask reached out in an attempt to touch him, hoping that a shred of talent would rub off onto them. He entered the ring, lifting the belt once more to show off his prized possession .

Rayo was in the back, waiting for the signal. His hands were trembling a bit. A young boy growing up in Mexico and watching lucha libre as child was finally in the biggest wrestling company in the world. He shattered expectations and now a title shot was granted. The young man stood a few feet from the entrance, his eyes close as the crowd was cheering the Champion. His life passion led him to this moment.

The lights turned off in the arena. The crowd cheered once more. Bright lights erupted from the stage and the music played. Rayo walked up and raised his arms as he pointed to the sky. His white attire with golden designs on the sides complimented the scene of white lights and yellow firecrackers. The arena cheered but it was obvious Guerrero's fans were opposed. Boos were heard as much as the cheering. The young man ran into the ring as he slid through the ropes and raised his arms up once again.

The two competitors were alone in the ring with the referee. They stared at each other, looking at each other's eyes through the holes in their masks. One of them would leave Champion and both of them knew that their move set would not be enough to take the other down. The bell rang, the crowd roared and the match began.

"Can you believe it Victor? Almost an hour! These two are giving everything they have to get that championship! What haven't they given to each other?

Both men were on the floor hiding the pain with their masks. Raiyo was down on his back and so was Guerrero, the match had been going on for 20 minutes. Twenty minutes of pain and agility. The young prodigy dragged his body across the ring and covered his opponent.

"1…2…"

The champion kicked out once more. Both men kicked out of so many devastating moves that the crowd was going berserk.

The young prodigy looked at his opponent again, only having one more move in mind. Rayo slowly got up as did Guerrero and the champ lifted the small prodigy upon his shoulders and slammed him on the floor.

"1… 2…" Nothing. Kick out. Guerrero pounded the floor in frustration, lifting the young man once more for another slam. Rayo pushed him against the ropes and ran in the opposite direction, using the opposite ropes as a push he did the last move in his arsenal. A Tilt a Whirl Head scissors transitioned into a slam.

Raiyo ran towards Guerrero and jumped, putting his left arm under his opponent's shoulder. He swung his body up, enough foe his legs to lock Guerrero's neck and moved in a counter clockwise motion to grab his arm andswing his opponent down against the mat face first. The crowd burst with excitement as they counted.

"1…2…3!"

"Ladies and Gentlemen your new FLL Heavyweight champion: Rayo!"

"I can't believe it Roberto what a move! Look at this replay!"

"Amazing, simply amazing Roberto. History was made tonight. The youngest champion in FLL history."

"Yes… this is a start of a new era."

But sadly that era ended where it began. Raiyo was fired from the FLL under unknown circumstances. There are circulating rumors as to why. Some say that he used a stunt double for the match, others say that he purposely disgraced the Hall of Fame within the FLL Hall of fame in order to prove he was the best in the world. An 18 year old who was already cemented into wrestling's Hall of Fame had lost it all in two months. He is disgraced in Mexico and has disappeared ever since then. What could have been a legend can never regain his level of popularity.

Zain_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

very slick! I always love a long but engaging post! Nice! Could'a done with an image or two though :P

Raiyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@niccolo_machiavelli: Thanks! ^_^ I'm pretty surprised the link didn't work. Let me try and fix that.

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By ShadowSwordmaster

Nice work man.

Charlemagne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zain_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Zain_
Charlemagne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Raiyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Raiyo

@the_last_arashikage: Perfect gif lol and thanks. For some reason the gifs don't move when I post them.

Charlemagne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raiyo: You have to drag em over to post em. Its a hassle.

Raiyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

File:Spongebob-Gif-spongebob-squarepants-27084699-500-376.gif

Raiyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

superstay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By superstay

@raiyo:

Nice, bro...I love martial arts, and you're Raiyo seems like a huge lover of his craft. I can't wait to see more

Sheng would love to brawl with him

d^_^b

Sideslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Sideslash

I can only think of one thing when I read the title.

"I coulda been a contender. I coulda been somebody."

Crimson Eagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sideslash: LOL!

@superstay: Thanks, I wanted to do something different aside from the regular martial arts so lucha libretto it was. ^_^

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By lady_liberty

I've gotta say, I loved the luchador gifs.

superstay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Crimson Eagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

superstay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

superstay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Raiyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

superstay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By superstay

@raiyo:

Yeah, I was think 'El Fuerte vs Fei Long' once I enter this thread....

d^_^b

Raiyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really have to write a second part to this.