Hawaii: Shadowed and Diseased OOC (An open RPG)

Agent_Walker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Agent_Walker
No Caption Provided

Recently, a new drug was created in Hawaii. The creator is unknown, but they call it, Hoth, after the Norse god of night and Darkness. Nobody knows how it's made, and no one cares. Because there is a bigger matter at the hands of the World Officials. The drug, in the form of pills, liquids, and powder, was transported across all of the Hawaiian islands. As the drug gets more popular, things start changing. The islands begin to be covered in a field of Darkness that is not seen until you are within 5 miles of the closest island. And as the islands begin to darken, so do the people. Everyone who took the drug, by accident or on purpose has undergone serious changes. Their skin turns pitch black, and their eyes turn bright red. They are stronger and faster but the extent of their power is unknown. Everyone that did not take the drug is either in hiding......or dead.

So the President needs YOU!

No Caption Provided

YES YOU! We need, anyone, Good or evil, natural or unnatural, to head to Los Angeles California to enlist and prepare. In ten days, a submarine will ship to Hawaii and once you are there, there is no coming back until further notice. After a week, if the problem is not fixed, the U.S will be forced to resort to nuclear options. Stay sharp.

Rules

• Standard RPG Rules

Contact me if you want to join or have any questions

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Vrakmul

A bit of a plot hole, the U.N has no nukes, only a largely ineffectual military that gets beat up by african militias because it's member nations neither trust it enough to give it any real power or any real desire to spend money on it. Which is why the U.N is really just a bad joke that has gotten all of two things in it's entire history done and a money sink. SHIELD has nukes though. :P

Agent_Walker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Agent_Walker

@Vrakmul: There, fixed it

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Vrakmul

@Agent_Walker said:

@Vrakmul: There, fixed it

My conscience has been appeased. XD

Agent_Walker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Agent_Walker

@Vrakmul: I'm sensing something, Lo...Lord Jonathan wants to join this.

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Vrakmul

@Agent_Walker said:

@Vrakmul: I'm sensing something, Lo...Lord Jonathan wants to join this.

Maybe, maybe not. I have a billion and a half old alts at my finger tips that I can dredge out and rehash into new characters while at the same time giving the five a day post limit the middle finger.

Agent_Walker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Agent_Walker

@Vrakmul: Yes, Use a cool alt. Haven't you made a new one recently? (Can't remember)

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Vrakmul

@Agent_Walker said:

@Vrakmul: Yes, Use a cool alt. Haven't you made a new one recently? (Can't remember)

Bringing in the Maimed Lord would be like smacking a fly with the death star.

I could use Mirabel since the prodigies thing flopped.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#9  Edited By Mercy_

Oooooooh

Agent_Walker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Agent_Walker

@Vrakmul: Thats exactly the account I was thinking of

@Mercy_: Whats that mean?

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Vrakmul

@Agent_Walker said:

@Vrakmul: Thats exactly the account I was thinking of

@Mercy_: Whats that mean?

Alrighty then, feel free to pencil her in.

Vengance101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Vengance101

@Agent_Walker:Add meh!

CainPanell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By CainPanell

@Vrakmul said:

A bit of a plot hole, the U.N has no nukes, only a largely ineffectual military that gets beat up by african militias because it's member nations neither trust it enough to give it any real power or any real desire to spend money on it. Which is why the U.N is really just a bad joke that has gotten all of two things in it's entire history done and a money sink. SHIELD has nukes though. :P

You sound like my father...

Because your right.

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Vrakmul

@shadowknight666 said:

@Vrakmul said:

Because your right.

Every time I hear a history book say the U.N is the league of nations done right, I laugh. Because I don't know what definition of right means "completely and utterly ineffectual and not a damned thing would change if it were disbanded tomorrow."

CainPanell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By CainPanell

@Vrakmul said:

@shadowknight666 said:

@Vrakmul said:

Because your right.

Every time I hear a history book say the U.N is the league of nations done right, I laugh. Because I don't know what definition of right means "completely and utterly ineffectual and not a damned thing would change if it were disbanded tomorrow."

XD True. They really do don't sh*t for anyone because no one trusts them enough to put money and men into them. They are only comprised of what they can scrap together.

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Vrakmul

@shadowknight666 said:

@Vrakmul said:

@shadowknight666 said:

@Vrakmul said:

Because your right.

XD True. They really do don't sh*t for anyone because no one trusts them enough to put money and men into them. They are only comprised of what they can scrap together.

I think anyone worried about them taking over the world would do well to remember that these were the guys who couldn't handle poorly trained and equipped tinpot dictator's armies.

CainPanell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By CainPanell

@Vrakmul said:

@shadowknight666 said:

@Vrakmul said:

@shadowknight666 said:

@Vrakmul said:

Because your right.

I think anyone worried about them taking over the world would do well to remember that these were the guys who couldn't handle poorly trained and equipped tinpot dictator's armies.

XD Okay we need to get back on topic

Avatar image for ishmael_the_deathjester
Ishmael_the_Deathjester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Actually, mind if I use Ishmael? He needs something to do.

_Grifter_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By _Grifter_

Interesting....good luck with this.

kamrenamir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By kamrenamir

bump

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Vrakmul

Actually I think I'll use Mirabel after all, Ishmael is going to be off in Ireland wrecking copious amounts of face.

Wrecker_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Wrecker_

I might get Wrecker involved with this.

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Vrakmul

We have a giant robot, a world class mercenary, a kick ass space bounty hunter, a master class secret agent, and a rich kid with top notch armour. Something's going to get wrecked.

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#24  Edited By _Zombie_

@Vrakmul: Like I said, it's still a pretty big might.

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Vrakmul

Well, I think we're still going to do our damdest to wreck Hawaii harder than Battleships.

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By _Zombie_

@Vrakmul: Oh God, don't remind me of that movie's existence.

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Vrakmul

@ZombieBigfoot said:

@Vrakmul: Oh God, don't remind me of that movie's existence.

I found it to be fun if incredibly cheesy in both premise (a 200 million dollar movie for that board game? Has the runaway success of Transformers given that much money to Hasbro to throw around?) and execution ("mahalo motherfu-*BOOM*" anyone?). But it was cheesy in a charming way, like the better examples of 1950s scifi b-movies.

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By _Zombie_

@Vrakmul: It's the premise that I just can't get past. It's a movie based on a board game. A board game with absolutely no background story to it. It just.. uggghhh. Makes my head hurt.

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Vrakmul

@ZombieBigfoot said:

@Vrakmul: It's the premise that I just can't get past. It's a movie based on a board game. A board game with absolutely no background story to it. It just.. uggghhh. Makes my head hurt.

Hey, if they can make a movie out of the Sims, SPORE, and Monopoly, they can make a movie out of anything.

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By _Zombie_

@Vrakmul: ..

Those exist? Hoo boy, Hollywood must've ran out of ideas earlier than I thought.

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Vrakmul

@ZombieBigfoot said:

@Vrakmul: ..

Those exist? Hoo boy, Hollywood must've ran out of ideas earlier than I thought.

They're in the making. Essentially they saw Hasbro making billions off of Transformers and thought "if they can make that much money out of a movie about plastic toys then we can make movies that make limitless money by throwing a hundred or more million dollars at a production company and a copy of our product." They also seem to have forgotten that Transformers had plenty of backstory to draw on and could be taken at least somewhat seriously as a blockbuster film.

Wrecker_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Wrecker_

@Vrakmul: Just goes to show you how smart some of those people are.

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Vrakmul

@Wrecker_ said:

@Vrakmul: Just goes to show you how smart some of those people are.

The love of money overwhelms everything else, including common sense.