NighThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By NighThunder

I'm just sttarting out on this board so i'd like to know the social taboos

Firstly, I have a character named Zex (charcter page linked) with spectral/ghostly abilities. He can attack people souls, absorb them, turn intangible, fire extremely high level death rays out of his fingers and is pretty much immune to most physical damage. However, he's vulnerable to telepathy and high level energy attacks

Would this character be considered, too OP here?

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2  Edited By Pyrogram

No character is over-powered if you follow the rules properly. Selling, etc, if you've read the rules you'll understand.

Avatar image for twisted_anathema
Twisted_Anathema

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Depends on where he goes, who he interacts with, and what he does. If you put a character like that in street-level areas and have him randomly slaughtering characters that can't defend against him, he won't be very popular. In a high-tier cosmic location, Hell, etc., he may be right at home. There are plenty of higher-tier characters who can contend with him (Warsman, Dark Hammer, Myrmidon, Vel'aaru, Brainchild, Nymphixia, Naamah, etc. etc. etc.).

Avatar image for cassius_knightfall
Cassius_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends on your selling really. If you just no sell all attacks as a result of immunity people will struggle to write with you as you would leave all battles unharmed. Basically if you take minimal damage and highlight attacks as threats even on a small level you should be ok. Its not the most powerfu account l i have seen around here.

_Sapphire_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Powers aren't as important as writing. But it helps if they are interesting.

NighThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for cassius_knightfall
Cassius_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for twisted_anathema
Twisted_Anathema

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DARK_HAMMER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm just sttarting out on this board so i'd like to know the social taboos

Firstly, I have a character named Zex with spectral/ghostly abilities. He can attack people souls, absorb them, turn intangible, fire extremely high level death rays out of his fingers and is pretty much immune to most physical damage. However, he's vulnerable to telepathy and high level energy attacks

Would this character be considered, too OP here?

Nope. There are plenty of cosmic characters who can go toe to toe with this type of character. Myself included. My character looks like Ronan the accuser, has the powers, abilities, and equipment of Thanoseid. Thanos/Darkseid. Only his personality is more neutral-good.

Mr. Mercury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Nope your character can be as powerful as you want, just put them in the right playing field. Like my character Shiji is high tier, but he's not out playing hero. He battles people with his intelligence, strategy and tactics. And I made him more restrained with using that power. That's "beneath" him I imagine him being a big boss battle on a video game.

Strigidae_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

High tier characters are totally cool here :-)

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

#13 wildvine  Moderator

@nighthunder:

As I said accidently on my alt, I have 2 high tier characters myself and am afraid of them being too strong.

Mr. Mercury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@nighthunder: Oh and welcome to the Vine RPG community. Here to help if you have any questions

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

@wildvine said:

@nighthunder:

As I said accidently on my alt, I have 2 high tier characters myself and am afraid of them being too strong.

You sell, as I've seen, nothing to worry about. The only reason a character would be obviously overpowered is if you sell horribly.

NighThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By NighThunder
Rafael_Romeiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Rafael_Romeiro

Everyone's told you more or less the same thing, and I'll say the same. Your character can be as powerful as you want him to be. There's no power cap limiting how powerful characters can be here. Occasionally the Vine will go through eras dominated by particular power-archetypes e.g. street levelers in one era, god-like characters in another. But hey, who says you have to conform to the status quo ;) Really it all depends on your writing. As long as you can write an engaging character that's fun for others to interact with, it's all good. Welcome to the Vine RPG section :)

Avatar image for deactivated-59c716930b8a6
deactivated-59c716930b8a6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nighthunder:

Welcome! Pleased to have you in the Comic-Vine RPG Sub-Forum. Your character's power level is totally fine. I myself questioned whether or not my character's were too powerful, but in the end, its about writing and the fun of interaction, not powers. You'll find a select few places that are used for different power tiers, of course, but all in all, you're perfectly fine. I hope to interact with your character soon.

:)

(PS, I've seen a couple of your CAVs)

NighThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rafael_romeiro: ah thanks

@nighthunder:

Welcome! Pleased to have you in the Comic-Vine RPG Sub-Forum. Your character's power level is totally fine. I myself questioned whether or not my character's were too powerful, but in the end, its about writing and the fun of interaction, not powers. You'll find a select few places that are used for different power tiers, of course, but all in all, you're perfectly fine. I hope to interact with your character soon.

ah okay thanks.

(Hehh, i seen you around too lo)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rafael_romeiro: ah thanks

@dreadpool10 said:

@nighthunder:

ah okay thanks.

(Hehh, i seen you around too lo)

You have? :0

NighThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dreadpool10: Yeess, i stalked this board before revealing maiself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nighthunder: Lol, that's exactly what I did before becoming apart of the RPG forums.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Woah. This was eight months ago?

_EbonyZephyr_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers