• 81 results
_Hawk_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By _Hawk_

In this thread vote for 3 and only 3 DESERVING individuals to be inducted into the CV RPG Hall of Fame. When voting please give a reason as to why you are voting for said person (at least 2 or 3 sentences). Votes will only be counted if a serious reason is given.

Votes will be tallied on Saturday 10pm Jan 12st EST and the Hall of Fame member will be chosen then. Five Rpger's with the highest amount of Votes will be given to the Hall of Fame members for analysis, then announce the inductees for the Class 6 Hall of Fame Induction. The normal voting rules will apply:

If people want to vote, they can. I'll add up all the votes,

• Anyone may vote. However, please only vote once.
  • Vote for THREE and only three individuals.
  • If you are voting for someone with multiple accounts, please refer to them as their main account.
  • If you want to add names / change names in your vote, please do so by editing your original post.
  • Please do not vote for someone if they are already in the RPG Hall of Fame.
  • Voting will be based off of their contribution to vine RPGing; not based off of popularity.
  • Each vote must have well-thought-out, valid reasoning explained (at least two-to-three sentences) along with it. "They're awesome" or "They're such a nice person" or anything else along those lines will not be counted as a valid reason.
  • Votes with no reason(s) explained will be discarded.

Exclude as they are already HOF members: Gambler, Andferne, Kurrent, Arrow, Sha, Feral Nova, The Hunter, Darkchild, Mighty Magneto, Fourpower, Autowoman, Precise, Nighthunter, Hawk, Babs, Mistress Redhead, Risky, Eclipse. Kaligar / Warsman, Lady Tlieso and Angelic Reaper

Once again this is for the Hall Of Fame....not a monthly or even yearly award. Pick deserving RPGers.

_Hawk_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By _Hawk_

Please Keep this thread clean as possible. Chat and discussion in here.

Avatar image for naamah_obyzouth
Naamah_Obyzouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By Naamah_Obyzouth

Azrael: One of the most creative and active members in the RPG forum IMHO. Azrael never excludes anyone, is open for almost anything. Keeps an open mind, and stays in touch with the happenings of the RPG section so to say. Always willing to help out new members which is very important for CV in general. Is able to create new and exciting stories, events, and characters frequently.

Mercy: Does anyone else not think it is insane that DH/Mercy is not in the HOF already? I love reading her writing. I love her character with all of my heart. I wish we interacted... I honestly don't think any of my characters have even crossed paths with her characters, so I have nothing personal to gain by saying any of this.

Impero: One of the best one in the RPG section hands down. He has done the Empire thing and has made it work. He has put in effort to have many different relationships with many different characters in a multitude of ways. It has been his year IMHO. I will be honest and say that I loathed Impero at first. Just ask the owner, and he will tell you that I did. But he grew on me, like a rash and I am saying he has earned a spot to be in the running.

Sideslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Sideslash
  • Lady Liberty - Love her work, whenever I see her in something, I have to read it. I was lucky enough to be involved in an RP with her once, and I must say that I was very impressed. I had not read much of her work prior to that, but it was incredible how she describes every action in such detail. Also, she writes in the first person (or did, not sure if she still does), and makes it work.
  • Impero - Much the same reason, one of the best characters currently on the Vine, love his writing. He has managed to make his empire work, and not just decay into a realm of inactivity like most have. He has been everywhere this past year, and has done almost everything. He's never afraid of a challenge, and he takes creepy badass to a whole new level.
  • Azrael - Az is a boss. She's always got a great idea and is never afraid to share it. She's always ready to take the reins and lead anything, whether it's an RP or a team, but at the same time, is willing to delegate decisions to other peeps. She is part of the creme de la creme of the Vine, and definitely deserves this level of recognition.
_Hawk_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By _Hawk_

@Sideslash: Expand you reasons on the first two or they won't count.

Sideslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Sideslash

@_Hawk_: Curse you.

_Sojourn_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By _Sojourn_

A disclaimer of sorts: my votes are valid, and will be proven so by my reasoning. I learned long ago that these are popularity contests, and sometimes not in recognition of the truly deserving. However everyone in the hall of fake is deserving of their titles. That being said my votes go to.

Portrait: My relationship with her has been nurtured over the past two/three years. I remember when she was that random newbie with a funny guinea pig av. I remember when Mark1212 aka trained her in the ways of the rpg. Once the basics were down, her explosion of creativity was evident in the very first rpg character she created. Portrait- a girl in devotion to ancient gods that can control paint and color. Who else in the hall of fame or out could think of such a think and even still pull it off. It doesn't not end there, her devotion to writing, the vast plethora of vocabulary, the sheer will she presents as a character is hof worthy. As far as contributions, I would say that she is the first elected by popular vote president of the US. She has made teams, and joined and participated in numerous others. Offered her help to the masses and has created and maintained a cannon all her own. I couldn't speak more highly of anyone else. And one more thing, altAholic.

Closure: I almost feel like this should be Mercy, and how worthy she is... Closure has built the Zeraz name over the span of his career here. He may not have run countries... Oh wait, yeah he has. His writing always amazes me, as far as surprises go. Stylistically, he is in a realm all his own, and the orgasmic vocabulary he uses always... Well... Never mind. Contributions are as follows. Longevity... Which he shares in common with Port. He can write any kind of post battle or story. The Zeraz brand hasn't always been at the forefront of the vine continuity, he has managed to worked for the title of nominal empires. I still remember when people thought that he was a girl by how well he wrote Clara.

Slight- I'm excluding Sojourn from this discussion. When I first got here, I was as clueless as a noob could be. I didn't even know what an rpg was, but I trained and got better. I could go on about how amazing I think I am, but I won't, okay maybe a little. Was one of the only openly gay characters here, was the only practicing hydrokinetic main character for about two years give or take passers by... The versatility of Slight as a character was that he could and most of the time played a supporting role to other characters, he could solo, and could lead a team. Although he was incredibly powerful he never overdid it when it came to displaying that power. I can say that I have always been there to lend a helping hand. When people ragged on power surge because he wasn't really good defended him because he was my friend, and I offered to train him. I trained some of a lot of people, with intention of them going out into this cannon prepared and equipped to write to the best of their abilities. Some stayed and some didn't... Heck I even popped Mercys battle cherry. Me and Portrait have the second longest running battle rivalry next to Feral and Sha.

These are my votes and I'm sticking to them.

EdwardWindsor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By EdwardWindsor

Portrait - Incredibly unique style and execution to her writing. Exceptional depth of alt's and variety of style from them. In depth back stories and profiles that span various universes and her ability to take canon from other places such as Lovecraft and work it into her own to such a degree that you cant see where one ends and the other begins. Also she trained me and has continued to be a very helpful person to me and many others to this day.

Azreal- Ever reliable team-mate and constant professional. She is always in for the next story, and has so much on the go at once sometimes it baffles me how she keeps up. A great team leader and excellent person for ideas and the skill to execute them properly and consistently for as long as i can remember on here.

Mercy- One of if not the most consistent writer's on the vine and honestly its criminal that she's not in the HOF already. Need i say anymore ?

Crimson Eagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Crimson Eagle

Azrael: An Awesome RPer who takes her time to write quality battle posts and posts in general. Every time Azra posts you can never really expect what direction she will take her character. She writes every alt with great skill and she is always there when you need her.

Mercy: She is awesome. What else can be said? She takes her writing very seriously and it's evident that she takes her time writing out her amazing posts. Aside from the great writing she helps organize the RP community and gives tips/info to anyone who asks.

Izaiah/Wanderer: Aside from his great writing, he helped the RPG community get into their character by the means of the RPG cards. For a task of supplying over a hundred cards and taking the time to do so, it's evident that he enjoys being generous.

Ishin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Ishin
  1. Mercy: I know I'm not the only one who thinks its seriously odd that she's not already in the HOF. I'd be lying if I said that when I first started RP'ing here, I didn't think she was already in it. In any case, she is an amazing writer. I've never seen anyone convey emotion in writing as genuinely as she does. The way in which she emotionally assaults her characters always seems genuine. She's so consistent with her writing, I don't think there's much more I can say.
  2. Lady Liberty: I've never seen anyone this innovative since Z. She's always coming up with unique ideas and is as far as I know, the only one here who's been able to successfully write in the first person this well. She's shown her versatility in writing starkly different characters in Lady Liberty and Kratesis. She is the backbone of CVnU and came up with most of the solutions to the continuity problems etc. for CVnU.
  3. Assassin: This was almost going to be Shadowknight here LOL. In any case, I love how he's capable of writing a morally logical character that is aware that certain morals need to be abandoned for the greater good. Not many choose to write a character with that kind of ethical complexity. His work with the Keresh is breathtaking, and how he's managed to keep both Mike and Ravek relevant to CV continuity so significantly is something I admire.
Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#11  Edited By Mercy_

Longshot - One of the Vine's more underrated writers if you ask my opinion. And I'll be the first to admit that for a while, I underrated him as well. In KOV V, he shone. This guy is one of the Vine's elite sellers, not to mention top-notch battles. At the time, writing a character with no powers other than this own wit, he managed to go toe to toe with powerhouses, sell the hell out of everything and still look like a badass. If there was anybody I would have lost the KOV to, I wouldn't have minded it being him. He's been on innumerable teams and writes every character he has with everything he's got, switching it up constantly and always making an immersive reading experience for the 'viewer', even if it's just an in thread interaction.

I'll edit in my other two votes later. Have a couple of things that I'm mulling over.

_Psy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By _Psy_
Longshot-
Mercy summed it up great. He's one of the best sellers, has had some of the most exciting battles on the vine, and he still manages to work multiple characters going for him. His character is one of the few with NO powers, but he's went up against the biggest guys on the vine with him. 
Lady Liberty-
She's innovative, one of the best newer writers I've seen in a while, and her characters are unique. She adapts into other's canon like water in a glass. She's the one who stepped up to all the empire problems with the CVnU. Sure, I didn't like the idea much at first (and still, not so much), but my opinion doesn't matter.
Impero-
His character is one of the best on the vine. I don't know if he's still keeping the CVU version of him canon with all the CVnU stuff going on, but he's still one of the best writers to show up.
CainPanell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By CainPanell

Longshot

Alright I'm going to get right down to this. Longshot is probably the most underrated writer on the vine, He manages to follow the stereotypes and cliches in his characters that the vine is BADLY Lacking. His abilities to be able to say he's the only true hero on the vine (Besides a handful of alts that are rarely used), He is IMO the INNOVATOR of writing normal humans, Something that I share with him. When I came to this site, I quickly found my clique of people that started around the time I did, But somehow Longshot inspired me to do more then any other writer on the vine that I have ever read. He is the sole reason I have kept any of my characters and any actual success or credit due to my writing on here, Is almost entirely due to him. To put in short...Longshot better get this, Or I riot.

(Other two will be up tomorrow. I Gotta get some sleep)

Avatar image for thisisgonnahurt
ThisIsGonnaHurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ThisIsGonnaHurt

I vote Dreadmaster into the HOF.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Mercy_

@_Judge_: You need to lengthen that.

@_Hawk_ said:

• Each vote must have well-thought-out, valid reasoning explained (at least two-to-three sentences) along with it. "They're awesome" or "They're such a nice person" or anything else along those lines will not be counted as a valid reason.
  • Votes with no reason(s) explained will be discarded.
Avatar image for thisisgonnahurt
ThisIsGonnaHurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ThisIsGonnaHurt

@Mercy_:

But he promised me cookies on Skype :<

_Hawk_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By _Hawk_

@_Judge_ said:

I vote Dreadmaster into the HOF.

Right now this will not count. LMK if you edit.

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 12

#18  Edited By Darkchild

Ok here we go, time to shock and awe like the old DC lol

Mercy-I have been here for what six years now? give or take the months Ive gone on crazy needed breaks. But in all the time I have been on this site, I have yet to see someone so dedicated to a character. Mercy has made LITTLE changes to her character outside of powers (which everyone does so I dont count.). Her profile behind it was and still is a masterful succession of badass and beautiful. She has brought the shit of the site to a head, and with the help of other devoted rpgers kept this place alive. She doesn't deserve to be HOF, the HOF deserve to have her amongst them.

Closure- Coming from an annoying insignifucant prat to a badass character and even more awesome person, Closure has done the unthinkable. Gone from Limbo Noob level to the awesome writer he is today, it took me a long time to get past the obnoxious and overbearing irritation he was a while ago (sorry bro it was a consensus you were annoying as f#ck) to the Zeraz creator and badassery that is Clara. You have done the unthinkable, made me read your posts wanting more. I never thought I would like nor want to rpg with you, but now I miss it and cant wait for more. You deserve it

Slight-I hate to admit it, but the guys been devoted to this site since he first came. Changing much to his own creation into a awesome character I have yet to work with in a rpg. Even though his ego summits Gambler or my own sometimes I do enjoy reading his stuff. Hes been their for a long time in the back of the room, ignored because of being a prat but I think he deserves more.

ladydeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By ladydeath

All of my picks may or may not be the popular vote and I personally don't care. I voted for them due to creative style and creativity when it commes to character and story wise.

Azra....Bad arse writer who has many characters and each having deep history and thought into them. As a team mate and fellow rper I feel she deserves a right to be in HoF due to the skills and stories she has set forth in all aspects of the RP realm within CV.

Eternal Chaos.....He has taught me how to RP through out the years and still amazes me with his writing. I am not saying this because i am his fiance but moreso as a fellow writer. He has many ideas that have come to fruition and still remains in the dark when it comes to recognition because he is not the popular vote. But he has mine for skills in writing alone.

Boken....For as long as I have known him he is creative and his writing style keeps you captivated. He is on and off the Vine a lot, so I am not sure many know of him. He has been one of my team mates since I first joined the vine. He is a good writer and a friend. Boken helps people when they ask him to. I have actually seen him go out of his way to help others. I appreciate his guidance and creativity.

Surkit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Surkit

haha I keep forgetting she's not on the HoF

Mercy: She's somebody who is, humbly(Gotta stress that), one of the best here. Like the rest above said she's easily seen as someone who already has it because of how obvious it is she deserves it. She's a master at adding the part of the equation you really need to sell a character; emotional content. People are going to remember Cass long after they left this place because of that, more so than most of the people who are great at giving abilities depth. I'm not sure what her battle record is on W's and L's but she is an innovative battle writer, she always throws a curveball that changes the game without it being outside of realistic/acceptable.

_Hawk_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By _Hawk_

Lstpaladin - A member of the two of the greatest team the vine has ever seen. Was a constant figure for more than 4 yrs and was the model of Hero for all the vine to see. When you think of the best of the Heroes some names come to mind. (Andy, Kurrent, ect) They will tell you without skipping a beat that Lstpaladin is the ultimate hero, he is the one that never wavered. His writing is legendary and is half of the only Tag Team Champions that the vine has ever seen....cough you know the other half...cough He has long been overlooked since he hasn't been actively writing lately...but should he be in the Hall....that's an easy question. Yes.

EdwardWindsor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By EdwardWindsor

crap i forgot longshot, war killer and and Talon to

Abattoir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Abattoir

Azazel: Is constantly working & making new RPG often leaving them open for everybody . Azrael is a vine legend who includes every one of us, adaptable & dependable. She is always helping out new members. Where she finds the time, to do all this at the high caliber i expect, i have no idea. The one thing i know, for sure is if Azazel doesn't get into the hall of fame, then fck it....

Impero: He has great rpg section, There's just a high quality to his empire thing that worked well. He works well with others, so many others in fact. He's a big time player who's always on the ball. Lots of great atmosphere in his stuff.

Portrait - Very original great crafting & style. When you read Por's work, you can instantly, pick out the research and hard work, that went into it. Later on i learned that it was just something that came, as easily as breathing to her. Helpful friendly intelligent creative hardworking fair & just. I can't believe she's not HOF already.

(might tweak a bit later)

_Hawk_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By _Hawk_

oh .... something got pinned.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Mercy_

;)

Kurrent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Kurrent

Mercy - If anyone has paid her dues it is her. She has been in the forefront of things in the RPG world since she started and has never disappointed. She really helped usher in this new era of RPGers with her dedication and consistency. Thanks for holding it down and keeping this thing alive.

Avatar image for erinys_draconis
Erinys_Draconis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Erinys_Draconis

Naamah – Simply put, Naamah is one of the most creative people I have ever had the pleasure of knowing, on the Vine or anywhere else for that matter. She creates entire worlds in exquisite detail and populates them with fascinating characters. One of her greatest strengths, in my opinion, is her ability to show her characters in their “down time;” she writes as evocatively about a character eating a meal as she does about them in combat.

Azrael – Easily one of the most prolific writers on the site, Azzy seems to possess nearly inexhaustible energy for RPing. For someone with so many alts and who is involved in so many on-goings, Azzy’s quality never suffers; you can expect pure gold every time. Azzy also manages to mix blunt honesty with diplomacy in the OOC threads, which in itself deserves some kind of recognition.

Mercy – Seriously, how is she not already a hall of famer?! Even before she became a mod, there were few who fought the good fight like Mercy; both in and out of character. She was one of the first people I met on the Vine, and remains one of the best. Read some of her combat posts if you’re unconvinced; they read like poetry.

614azrael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By 614azrael

It wasnt easy

Lady Liberty is the first I nominate, one of the more recent ones that I felt earned this spot. Let me first start by the CVnU progress. Sevral people name the idea of a reboot ninety five percent of us panic with good reason. Rather then stop there she goes off to try and work out a way to make it work this translates as resiliance. I voice this time and time again, you cant get anywhere by stoping soon as you see the first sign of resistance. Stop griping and pitch your idea anyways, its her willingness to continue trying to iron out ideas anyway that makes her great. Another thing is change we all know how the vine is, one of us can pitch a change and get props. Others who try it get looked over, LL has that chance to make an impact and puts it to great use. Shes creative and smart as hell, she doesn't just do things for her characters your welcome to jump in and be apart of it. The last thing is if you ask for help or an opinion she tries to give it. May not go out of the way but still gives it and thats why she earns my vote.

Portrait have you rpgd with her? No. Bull crap, this lass has more alts then alot of us rivaled only by Sha. We've seen countless faces from her from blind men to musicians to a mattress. Thats right a mattress, played seriously to not just a wasted joke alt thats some dedication. There are SO many ideas out their your mind could explode if you tried to grasp them all. She has been on almost every team, her work you read. Its that simple, most of us wouldn't succeed at a five part blog series she does. Only one thing stops her, one single thing, RL. Thats it she I hounestly think would read everything she could and be bumping every team if that kind of free time existed.

Assassin I spent I think hours in the back of my head contemplating who should get my last vote. I concluded on Ravy eventually, for a few reasons. Look at the teams that can be considered active over the year....Harbingers toped most of them without an RPG and in only a few months. Seriously and heres the other thing, it wasn't a Vet team. Alot of us have ideas but nobody helps them take off, this thing shot from launch. Mike rpgs with alot of people, not a select few but as many as he can it often seams. Ravek and Mike both have an impact on the Vine, alts are successful. Rarely though are they both seated in the vine in a strong way. His rpgs hes in are not always his some times he place the smallest roll even. Its well deserved.

Avatar image for akira_overdrive
Akira Overdrive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Akira Overdrive

Akira Overdrive

Kurrent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Kurrent

@Akira Overdrive said:

Akira Overdrive

Agreed - Enough of leaving this guy behind. He is a big reason people battle the way they do!

The_House_of_L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By The_House_of_L

@Akira Overdrive: @Kurrent: Every Hall of Fame needs its Pete Rose archetype ;p

Akira Overdrive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Akira Overdrive

@Kurrent said:

@Akira Overdrive said:

Akira Overdrive

Agreed - Enough of leaving this guy behind. He is a big reason people battle the way they do!

Salutes

I'll probably not make it ...again..for the sixth time. LMAO

EdwardWindsor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By EdwardWindsor
@Akira Overdrive The HOF vote rule could vote you in so you got better changes this year.
Akira Overdrive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Akira Overdrive

Shoooot. That works for me.

EdwardWindsor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By EdwardWindsor
@Akira Overdrive I did propose the rule specifically to meet the situation your currently in. If the HOF decide to run with it you shouldn't be waiting to long.
_Hawk_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By _Hawk_

@Akira Overdrive said:

Shoooot. That works for me.

@EdwardWindsor said:

@Akira Overdrive I did propose the rule specifically to meet the situation your currently in. If the HOF decide to run with it you shouldn't be waiting to long.

Start sucking up.......LMAO

Akira Overdrive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Akira Overdrive

: That probably works for you. I'm not built like that.

_Hawk_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By _Hawk_

@Akira Overdrive: Joke son. There is a couple people's names that I threw out for the HOFers vote. I'm sure your name is float out there.

EdwardWindsor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By EdwardWindsor

@_Hawk_: Screw that, either they like the idea or they dont, I'am ideas man not an salesman lol

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#40  Edited By The_Ghostshell

1.)Impero:Quite simply the dude is what I consider (and hope) to be the evolution of the CV Rp community. Innovative beyond belief Impero is among the rare breed who are not only magnificent rpgers, but writers as well. Often times it is either one or the other, but seldom both. An extensive vocabulary and writing structure make his posts effortless to read as they simply glide from start to finish. Without arrogantly building himself up he quietly influences the rpg community through his displays of hard work. All it takes is one look at his Empire thread in the Vine Prime, or his unbelievable back stories and origins in the CVnU, to know that he is not only deserving of the Hall of Fame, but the Captain of the new generation.

2.) Lady Liberty/Kratesis:The only rpger I've ever seen disregard the "third person" established format in favor of "first person" and successfully pull it off. Much like Impero, Lady Liberties creativity is continuously in motion. Pushing multiple storylines and interactions that arent just passing the time but establishing canon for future endeavors. However its her leadership and efforts to maintain an efficient community that are unmatched. Unafraid to point out the problem areas she fearlessly spearheads change. Never complacent she isnt satisfied with simply acknowledging the issues, she works hard to fix them. From her original Empire Rules to the Creation of the CVnU, Lady Liberty is one of the greatest alltime CV role models this site has had.

3.) Akira Overdrive/Clutch:The fact that he hasnt already been inducted before now is not only a f'n travesty but undermines the legitimacy of the HoF. I'd gladly give this dude my spot. His only disadvantage was that he rp'd back before 99% of the current community was here and thus his exclusion is not there fault (nor his), but the Vets, mine included. Stylistically Akira was cutting-edge. His combat posts were not only avant-garde they were the foundation, the adopted formula, that built the way they're made today. Stringing together poetic images of acrobatic maneuvers that were shameless jacked/bitten/stolen repeatedly. He was able to project an authentic level of swag to his characters often times making them "The coolest guy in the room." But beyond all that he was fun. You wanted to write with him cause he never failed to disappoint and always kept you entertained. Akira was the dude you wanted in your rp, the special pm invite, the special @reply, cause you knew if he was involved some sh!t was going to go down. This mother$#@!er is already HoF in my book.

Edit: Let me know if we're doing the whole "two additional votes."

Akira Overdrive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Akira Overdrive

@Gambler said:

3.) Akira Overdrive/Clutch:The fact that he hasnt already been inducted before now is not only a f'n travesty but undermines the legitimacy of the HoF. I'd gladly give this dude my spot. His only disadvantage was that he rp'd back before 99% of the current community was here and thus his exclusion is not there fault (nor his), but the Vets, mine included. Stylistically Akira was cutting-edge. His combat posts were not only avant-garde they were the foundation, the adopted formula, that built the way they're made today. Stringing together poetic images of acrobatic maneuvers that were shameless jacked/bitten/stolen repeatedly. He was able to project an authentic level of swag to his characters often times making them "The coolest guy in the room." But beyond all that he was fun. You wanted to write with him cause he never failed to disappoint and always kept you entertained. Akira was the dude you wanted in your rp, the special pm invite, the special @reply, cause you knew if he was involved some sh!t was going to go down. This mother$#@!er is already HoF in my book.

Salutes. Means alot bro. Appreciate it.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By The_Ghostshell

@Akira Overdrive: Did I write that? I must have been really f'd up :P j/k

Akira Overdrive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Akira Overdrive

: Lol. :P Wheres all the teams at nigg@ ?

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By The_Ghostshell

@Akira Overdrive: Teams kinda faded a bit. Its all about location threads now son. (but I do have a team concept in post production) just need to rp a few more things out first.

CellphoneGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#45  Edited By CellphoneGirl

Mercy- I remember loving her the day I met her! Ever since then I could see the passion of writing she has built up inside her. She is a highly reliable friend of mine. Many people could agree that she is easily one of the best rpg'ers here. I highly respect her so much both as a writer that I will always look up to as a role model, and as a really amazing friend.

Kiara Sullivan- She should be a shoe in for this. I remember her being in the first rpg I had ever joined, and being blown away by her writing. I love how she has always been so nice towards me since the two of us first met. Not only should someone be a great writer, but it should really count on the personality behind the character that should represent what a true hall of fame member should be. She for a time left to take a break while I began to get way more involved with the vine, which makes me a bit sad I didn't get spend enough time with her that I would have loved to had. I really do look forward to working with her more in the future since I see she's back. I'm honestly just a bit of a fan boy :P

The Wanderer/Izaiah- He has been someone I have gone to for advice since basically my first days of joining this site. He has always been there for me when I always needed him. When it comes to history and gathering data he is a genius. Also he a put a lot of effort into making those CV cards for everyone. Like that's impressive because I couldn't use Photoshop to save my life! He is someone that has truly never let me down.

Avatar image for surreal_sadiablo
Surreal SaDiablo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Surreal SaDiablo

Mercy - Long time coming. She's been a heavy hitter for some time now, does amazing writing and is always consistent with her characters. She's done quite a few things in the way of "altering" the vine and she's also one of the people who will always involve themselves in every rpg and keep with it.

Kiara - Another long time coming. She's a long time member of the site and also one of the originals who did a lot for the site, her characters have not done as much as others maybe, but she's been a fairly consistent member of the site and involved in many rpgs. Her writing is always great and she just should be part of this place.

Wando - Come on. If anyone has done anything for the Vine its Wandy. Maybe not so much when it comes to writing in rpgs, but he's created massive worlds, helped out with the cards, been the creator of more than a few mythological designs and is a consistent and constant support in the RPG section. Plus he's a wonderfully creative writer and has made some superb characters.

(I wanted to vote for more, but going to give my extra 2 points to Kiara and Wandy, Mercy is a sure thing but I wanted her to get my vote no matter what)

Akira Overdrive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Akira Overdrive

Mercy - Innovative and extremely creative. She came in when the vine was mostly dominated by male leaders/powerhouses and flipped the vine upside down by becoming a force to be reckoned with in terms of creativity and character strength. Her writing ability is superb and she stays up to date with the rest of her vine community and always looks to make an impact in a stylish and thought out way.

Akira Overdrive - I'd have to to say that I should have been in a long time ago,but my frequent absences have alot to do with why I'm not already a member. I'll say this,when I got to the vine it was mostly about throwing down one liners and lack-luster battles(this was when Might Magneto was hot sh!t) and being either a hero or villain. I certainly had a big role in changing the face of battles into a more of a sub-culture within the rpg community with stylized action post and mercenary/assassin characters that previously had not been explored. I've always been able to bring that full-throttle action and wild thoughts to rpgs ,aiming to amp up everyone's enthusiasm about our precious Vine universe .

Impero - In my opinion this man is the New CV universe. His work extends merely building up his character ,to creating empires and back stories that make our rpg section an expansive and awesome place to be. His writing is top-tier and seems to be effortlessly produced , classic in every way.

Chevie_Heart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Chevie_Heart

(can you vote yourself? I thought you couldn't...lol)

Akira Overdrive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Akira Overdrive

@Chevie_Heart said:

I don't know. I did anyway.

Chevie_Heart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Chevie_Heart

@Akira Overdrive said:

@Chevie_Heart said:

I don't know. I did anyway.

You're such a bad ass rebel.