Gothic Has Survived. It Will thrive. A response interview.

Avatar image for ii_vengeance_ii
II_Vengeance_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

The room was more than comfortable as the sound of heat flowing from the air ducts warmed the interior to a pleasant temperature despite Gothic City now falling into the early days of winter. Snow would soon start blanketing the old architecture of the city and the fallings of leaves will be nonexistent for the weeks to come. Some viewed the season as dismal or ominous, but the city mayor disagreed.

He had lived on the streets for a time being long ago and had found solace in the desolation of the powdered sidewalks. There was a time when his acrobatics were honed and had thrived without worry of being seen by prying eyes. It was extremely rare to find some bystander wandering during the night in the raw temperatures and if someone did happen to see the young Alex jumping building to building or vaulting over fences, they were in too dire situations themselves that wouldn't have merit the time or worry of someone else.

The young politician cracked his knuckles at the memory of his joints tightening up from the cold. No jewelry adorned his wrists or hands for a multitude of reasons and so, the scars that covered his fingers were visible to anyone searching for them. His legs were crossed casually, one coal colored pant leg over the other and his posture straight and stern against the business chair he sat in.

A firm face for a firm city position was his expression as he stared into the man across from him that was dressed in more expensive attire as if he was someone to impress when in reality he was an arrogant reporter that had requested this impromptu interview in attempt to smear Alexander. It didn't matter, he was up for the spotlight. They both held onto glasses filled with a thick sanguine colored wine that had filled their cups about halfway. Something that Alexander's assistant had provided to ease the tension that was bound to come.

"Thank you for taking the time out of your obviously busy schedule to speak with us, Mr. Rook."

The news reporter extended his arm as he motioned towards the desk behind Alexander that had been stacked neatly with papers and cardboard folders that were sealed with tin ties. The sudden break in silence snapped Alexander out of his serenity and brought him back to reality. The low crimson light of the camera radiating and a nameless man holding the handle.

"Not a problem at all. I rather enjoy questions that the nation has for us."

A charming smile creeped across his face as he wrapped his knuckles on top of the fluid filled glass. The reporter simply raised a curious eyebrow but ignored the subtle jab.

"Well, you have been mayor for a long couple of months Mr. Rook. Tell me, who do you see yourself promoting in the upcoming national elections since your right to vote has been revoked?"

Alexander's grin slowly faded away and he gritted his teeth. He was under the impression that the line of questions would be directed at the progress of Gothic and the attempts made to restructuring what had been leveled in recent events and not towards the presidential campaigns.

"I'd rather not go too much into it. It's clear that I myself am a politician and I stand firmly against promoting any candidate in any sort of manner, but if it will ease the topic and prevent further inquiry, I will tell you that if I could vote, I would vote for Alexander Donn."

It was the interviewer's turn to chuckle. His gold capped teeth glittering against city hall's spotlight and fat chest rising up and down struggling to catch breath.

"Ha. Is it the sharing of name sake that draws you to him, Mr. Rook? Do you think he will be an Alexander that can actually move a people towards progress as opposed to others? After all, we haven't seen much of anyone or anything productive come from Gothic. No offense."

His last sentence was just to add insult to injury. It was more so offensive that as he finished, the reporter sipped his wine loudly with his nose pointed to the ceiling. Pompous. Alexander was agitated, but still, he kept his emotions and anger in check, choosing to bare the harsh words and respond accordingly.

"No. I would vote for him if I were a citizen because he cares about Gothic City with as much compassion as myself. He would be a president, to my hope and knowledge, that would fight for the reintegration of Gothic into the National community."

The interviewer saw an opportunity to embarrass Alexander and wasted no hesitation in exploiting it. This would be the time to discredit his stature as the mayor to accomplish whatever motivated him to do so.

"Ah. Someone is still upset about a corrupt and cancerous settlement being claimed a no-man's land. Many Americans agree with former President Stark's decision to cut out the disease that threatened the rest of the nation. He has even admitted, earlier yesterday as a matter of fact, that if anything was successful from his election, it was that. It's understandable to be bitter though….If you were living down there."

The offender extended his arm with an open palm towards the large windows that looked over the center of the city where citizens had walked through.

"….But you're up here in the warm and safe quarters that come with your position….And the wine you have provided us with is sweet and smells of flavorful taste. Couldn't possibly have come cheap."

Alexander stood calmly and placed his wine glass upon the only portion of his desk that hadn't been covered with some work related piece of parchment. He quietly dusted off his suit and straightened his tie with eyes gazing down upon the seated reporter.

No Caption Provided

"Listen now and listen carefully because I will not repeat this. Earlier in this interview I began with saying that I enjoy questions the nation had for us. I said us because there are no people and no politicians here. We are all Gothic City. We are all your nation's unwanted children. There is simply a us and a we. Yes, we're bitter. We're bitter because there are people out there in power that cheered when Gothic was excommunicated."

"We're bitter because an elected official that was chosen with the sacred duty to protect and defend would rather abandon us then offer a helping hand. We're bitter because when our justice system failed, we depended on brave vigilantes that had taken up masks rather than be provided with effective government reinforcements."

"We're bitter because the world watched in terror when dangerous criminals escaped from Bedlam and wreaked havoc. They gawked in shock when a dictator attempted to strut within these borders and create a 'super city' against our will. They were appalled when Satar set our streets a blaze and some laughing clown took a band of his followers and created utter chaos."

"Oh yes, the American people were aghast and astonished….But they felt fear only for an instant in the comfort of their on home. They turned off their televisions and returned to their dinners around their tables. So while people cheered for stark, I rued the day. While American citizens applauded his decision, I was alongside my fellow gothicites (?) fighting for our way of life. So yes, we are bitter and then some."

He almost hadn't noticed, but Alexander's voice had deepened and grew into an inferno of rage. The discussion had took a quick turn into a sensitive topic that was mishandled by the reporter. Both his fists were clench and his teeth had been grinding against each other. The carotid artery running down his neck had been bulging to the size of a water pipe.

The reporter was petrified by fear, only now realizing the depth of his mistake that had pushed Alexander to such levels of anger. He made no attempt to further probe any other situation or matter but remained still and mouth shut. The cameraman was standing a few feet further from the duo then when the conversation began. Alexander didn't care though. He made his peace. He took a deep breath out, letting the air escape his lungs and calm himself before turning towards the exit of the office.

No Caption Provided

"You may leave now."

His feet tapped hard against the wooden floor while he walked away exasperated.

"Oh and by the way. The heat is provided free of charge by Press industries located at the center of the city. For everyone. Also, the wine was purchased from a local vendor that had grown the grapes and fermented them in her own garden. The proceeds go to the local community center... We've learned to be rather self sufficient."

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd6e53f65ed0
deactivated-5cd6e53f65ed0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The people of Gothic want to know only one thing, what is the Mayor going to do about Satar.....

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 1

Stark would see this as more pointless heroic rhetoric.

(Now you have to prove Stark wrong :P)

Gale_Xanders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ii_vengeance_ii:

It's really a good thing he doesn't allow Solar Hawk to his interviews or that reporter would have had to crawl home.

Avatar image for damien_bonaparte
Damien_Bonaparte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Damien_Bonaparte

Hmm I have an idea.

Avatar image for thisisgonnahurt
ThisIsGonnaHurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By ThisIsGonnaHurt
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd6e53f65ed0
deactivated-5cd6e53f65ed0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thisisgonnahurt: luv this character. go make him a proper account right this second ya bloody savage!

Avatar image for thisisgonnahurt
ThisIsGonnaHurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@nikademus:

I'd rather have my posts and not be banned for "spam" :P

_Nobody_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great post!

As for Satar, heh, I have something cooked for him.

Curve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well isn't this cute.

Avatar image for ii_vengeance_ii
II_Vengeance_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@damien_bonaparte: @_nobody_: PM me! lol

The people of Gothic want to know only one thing, what is the Mayor going to do about Satar.....

@pyrogram said:

Stark would see this as more pointless heroic rhetoric.

(Now you have to prove Stark wrong :P)

@curve said:

Well isn't this cute.

Trust me....It's already in the works.

Marcus_Crowne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

_Nobody_

Forum Posts