Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Living_Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@orpheus_knightfall@_dark_knight: (not quite sure how to respond to this)

Oroku stood there, puzzled at the Armored man's response. In any case, a solution that didn't involve unnecessary violence was preferable, considering he wasn't sure what that suit of armor could do.

"I am a man seeking information, but in order to get that information I need you two to NOT kill each other. A......peaceful solution would be preferable."

Avatar image for sabriel_knightfall
Sabriel_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Graceful strides carried the Voyeuristic Viper across the Gothic City skyline via spectacularly specialized parkour acrobatics. As fluent as water and serene as high art, Sabriel vaulted from roof to roof. Over, under, and across the myriad of ventilation shafts and elongated alleyways. Blood still dripping from his Nth metal dagger, his victims fear still oozing off his excited physique. Having escaped the lackluster incarceration of the GCPD's finest, the masked Knightfall had gone on to perpetuate a dozen murders in the cities low rent district with little resistance. Well on his way to becoming on of Gothic's most prolific serial killers of all time.

Now, eagle like in his perched posture, he observed the unsuspecting family below as they happily enjoyed an evening out for ice-cream. Savorying the kill to come he carefully kept to the shadows and licked his lips. This was to be an exceptionally bloody ordeal.

Avatar image for spectacle_storytelling
Spectacle_Storytelling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sabriel_knightfall: *walking down the street leading to where the family is, about to round the corner, Mister Onomatopoeia approaches. He is wearing a light blue hoodie and dark blue jeans.*

Hearing the sound of a child laughing, Chuck stops. He remembers a moment from his childhood. He and his little brother were playing in the front yard. They were secret agents. His brother had one of their mother's purses, the "package", and Chuck was chasing him.

"Stop right there!" Said Chuck in an imitated deep, manly voice. He raised his hand in the shape of a gun and took aim. "Bang!"

He felt something awaken within him. He was scared. There was no sound, only his brother's blood. Chuck looked in down at his hand, at his outstretched finger, and his eyes grew wide realized what he'd done.

Chuck snaps back to reality and sighs. He motions as if to wipe away a tear, but his face is dry. He has been a cold-blooded killer so long that he can't cry anymore. He turns and sees the laughing child with his family. He is not laughing anymore. Chuck makes a gun with his pocketed hand, ready for a fight.

*He just walked up on the murder*

Avatar image for quintus_knightfall
Quintus_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spectacle_Storytelling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Quintus_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MasterMouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

O0o0o0o0oh this is gonna be good.
*Reclines and sticks paw into bucket of popcorn*

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

MasterMouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Quitting_Champ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I remember when I quit Gothic. Maybe that's why people end up dead, huh...

Quintus_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spectacle_storytelling:

No Caption Provided

The ignition of a high tinsel retractable cord being fired was the only sound made before the surprising arrival of the Noir Rose premiered. Stoically positioned just inches away from the bodies, his cape ardently wrapped around his shoulders and closed across his chest. Opal lenses flattened as optical observation presided over the gruesome scene.. The compositional layout of blood splatter and lack of physical evidence had immediately allowed Quintus to dismiss the stranger as a suspect. That, and the fact that he had been tirelessly tracking the real perpetrator for better then 24hrs prior to the crime. Subtly his head turned to focus on the only survivor. Just a boy. No doubt traumatized beyond words. Quintus' heart silently reached out for comfort for words would hold no meaning. Not initially anyway. It was a cruel twist of fate. One that could lead the adolescent youngster down a path of vengeful retribution, and who could blame him.

Taking a cumbersome knee the Last Arashikage placed his hand on the boys shoulders. "I promise you, I'll catch the man who did this and see that he suffers mightily." Monotone bass rumbled like thunder. Before turning his undivided attention towards the unknown enigma. "Which way?" More of a command then a question, Quintus watched and waited. Reading several identifiable reactions for future quantification.

Quitting_Champ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@quintus_knightfall: People from Gothic should totally believe DV is back due to Quintus until Vex is fully operational again.

I mean, would make the most sense.

Quintus_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@quitting_champ:

#Truth

I often wonder what people of Gothic think. There have been so many bat-men (even if some werent originated in Gothic) who could possible tell whom from whom?

Quitting_Champ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@quintus_knightfall:

I've been reading and watching more down-to-earth stuff recently. Got tired of stuff too fantastic, venturing a lot through imagination. So I've been wondering similar stuff. My answer would be: that's how DV's fame grew, by many vigilantes that look alike, even inspiring others. I mean, I guess DV is more of a spiritual guardian than an actual person to the citizens nowadays...

Quintus_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@quitting_champ: * cough cough

Was defending the masses as Batman long before DV :P

No I get it. Makes sense. The look is legend. Not the man or men behind the cowl.

Quitting_Champ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@quintus_knightfall: Still, no Quintus Knightfall on the OP =P

Just saying that DV is no longer only a man, y'know? He's what Batman is still trying to get n the comicbook lol

Quintus_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Quitting_Champ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

_Nox_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

When I was writing DV, I was shooting for a combination of Morrison and Miller. Looking back on it, he turned out like All Star Batman rather than TDKR.

Spectacle_Storytelling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@quintus_knightfall: "Not my problem." Chuck stuffs both his hands in his hoodie and walks right past Quintus as if he isn't there. He doesn't expect to walk away so easily, but he wants to show this guy that he isn't intimidated.

_Nox_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I kind of want to jump into the interaction and play worse cop. You two okay with that?

Quintus_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_nox_ said:

I kind of want to jump into the interaction and play worse cop. You two okay with that?

go for it

Avatar image for deactivated-60322c75112c3
deactivated-60322c75112c3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dropping my antagonist by Gothic to get shit started. I got plans for this city.

Ruby_Waters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fraga said:

Dropping my antagonist by Gothic to get shit started. I got plans for this city.

Loading Video...

Kellan_Savant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rosso: I still wanna fight you at some point.

Quintus_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spectacle_storytelling: Quintus' head subtly swayed in unison as the hooded stranger began to walk off. His gruff voice breaking through the tension. "Tell that to him." Referring to the trembling youngster crouched down alongside his deceased loved ones.

Antonia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@antonia: Oh good. Out of everyone on CV right now, I wanna fight you the most, so no pressure ;)

Antonia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fraga: Oh, then I'll have to try and make it extra interesting.

Thoughts...We'll see which idea(s) I run main course with when I get back in. [In, in. Not just in.]

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@antonia: I'm confident you will, you usually do.

Sure thing. I have a couple in mind but I'll let you get back in, in before fleshing them out.

Spectacle_Storytelling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@quintus_knightfall: Chuck stopped and looked over his shoulder. He began to walk towards the boy, then leaning down to look him in the eyes.

"Not. My. Problem."

Loading Video...

The boy wondered how anyone could be so cold as the mean man turned away from him.

Antonia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fraga: Well, now you've gone and made me curious.

Quintus_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

But for now larger game awaited
But for now larger game awaited

@spectacle_storytelling: The Noir Rose of Reality-M held no emotional disdain or visual reaction as the stranger passively repeated his prior sentiment. His apparent lack of empathy was a microcosm of Gothic as a whole. With any luck the child would take this experience and learn, through moderated fortitude, how to channel his depression constructively.
Perhaps aided by the unseen hand of Quintus himself...

As sirens infiltrated the night air Quintus hung his head before sighing. "When the officers arrive, tell them everything." And just like that he reached into the depths of his cape. Retrieving his Nth metal grapnel and launching himself up into the Gothic City skyline. Perhaps one day he would again cross paths with the apathetic miscreant who seemed unmoved by the murders. And on that day, he would break every bone in his body.

Spectacle_Storytelling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mister Onomatopoeia turned as he heard the grapple being fired and watched as Quintus disappeared into the night. He made a small "Hmph" and continued down the street, leaving the boy sobbing over his parents. The heartless sociopath was unfazed. He had made the decision long ago to stop suffering because of things that happened to other people.

Chuck almost wished the vigilante had decided to attack him. He would've enjoyed seeing the look on his face when he realized he had picked a fight with a metahuman.

SolarHawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@quintus_knightfall: @spectacle_storytelling

Solar Hawk had finally returned to Gothic City after a major event with STRIKE. While she had some down time with the team she decided to return to her adopted home with Luna Hawk and see if there was anything she could do for the city. As she flew over the city she spotted the ongoing scene with a bat-dressed figure, a frightened child and obviously murdered parents.

What is it with this city and bats? She wondered as she landed on the upper ledge of a building. She crouched down and watch the scene unfold, her helmet's lenses constantly recording everything for later review and additions to its database. Even as she watched the computer sorted through its database for similarly dressed vigilantes. She discarded the little display with an eye twitch, already aware it would come up with a dozen or more and be unable to specify which one this was.

How many times have I seen a murder in Gothic City? This city is a disaster built on-top of an inferno. Solar Hawk listened in with her hawk-like hearing and shook her head at the callous nature of one of the individuals that made a point of being something of an ass to the child. There was nothing illegal about being an ass, unfortunately. So rather than intervene, for now, she sat and watched, just out of line of sight.

(felt like making a post, don't mean to interrupt)

Spectacle_Storytelling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@solarhawk: Quintus left and I don't know where to go from here, so just make a move I guess.

LunaHawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kellan_Savant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Once they were homeless and poor, victims of discrimination, and savants of petty theft, but now? Gone were the hooligans, thugs and lowlifes of days past. Their despair grew great, and their mind and spirits were offered to the rush, the thrill, the power that rippled beneath their dermis and vibrated at the surface of fingertips. Their salvation? Konite, a drug, the crown jewel of Empire International. Body and mind? Warped. And withdrawal? Withdrawal came with such severity that blood itched. The addiction was inescapable, and the consequences were prominent. And yet, the power, the boon from Konite rendered them mighty. No longer were they ordinary, but extraordinary. Now, now they could confront, and even defeat their mutant brethren.

Rumors of their ability to overcome those blessed with the inherited boons of an X-Gene rippled through the air, and echoed into the Stochastic Savant's auditory reach. With his interest captured, he observed, studied, then planned, inciting the most violent of confrontations between the Konite Knights and the Brahma Brotherhood. The offspring of Gothic's slums, the Brahma Brotherhood, a death cult dedicated to the worship of the city's most notorious antagonist, the Brahma Bull, forged their identity as men and women adorned by bags of trash, armed with scrap forged firearms, who reside in rundown buildings and a shanty town built from scrap material. Mutant extremists against Konite addicts. The conflict was bloody, and corpses were left to litter the streets of a city forgotten by its country.

The Stochastic Savant
The Stochastic Savant

In its aftermath, the 100th Strigidae arrived, a trench coat, jet black in shade, festooned a frame so greatly aggrandized by cybernetics. Eyes beautified by an ever-changing hue were shielded, dark lenses veiling the gaze of an apex predator. He strode, and from his every pore, a confidence colder than ice was oozed, a calculating edge, and stoic flair dripped from his every step until he paused. Blood smeared the walls of buildings, and its repugnant scent of iron hung with prominence in the air. Bodies, charred and eviscerated, were scattered across a pavement that had been cracked with brutality. The smoke of fire, fresh from burning, lingered all about him, but thinned with time. The Stochastic Savant's steps resumed, his gravitas and commanding air cutting the atmosphere like a knife through butter.

Until, as he'd predicted with perfection, he located the remaining survivors of the conflict. Weakened from battle, they were in no position of power, and held no possibility of escape, not from the Strigidae Specter. "You should be pleased", his voice, deep and low, echoed with a timbre that was enigmatic and gelid, "Unlike your fallen brethren, your deaths will be instrumental to the posthuman future". And should he have his way, they would. Konite's effects on the human being was understood, but perhaps, through experimentation on Gothic's population of desperate men and women, the Strigidae Specter could develop something more powerful, something that could give birth to his vision of a posthuman. And should he need to prey on this forsaken city's population, he would.

_Glacier_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why sh*t always happens at Gothic? lmao

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

_Glacier_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fraga: Sure looks like it lol

G'luck with whatever you're planning btw. Seems sick.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_glacier_: Thanks :) Hopefully I get someone trying to stop me.

_Glacier_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fraga: Well, DV, Quintus, maybe Nox and other vigilantes still active in Gothic would be the opposing party.

Living_Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Emmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@quintus_knightfall:

Emmy jumped as thunder cracked through the air. Dusk was moving in on Gothic City, and so was a storm. It was a deadly combination.

Gothic's citizens suffered badly enough on normal nights, but there was something about thunderstorms - especially during the oppressive heat of summer nights - that brought out the extra crazies.

Great, just what she needed. Like scrounging for food and marks wasn't hard enough when any potential target may be a homicidial maniac.

Lucky for her she had learned over the years how to judge a target. Age, weight, height, clothing, demeanor. Very rarely had Emmy been wrong about the ease with which she could filch a wallet, or beg for food.

She hated begging. Nothing could ever make her feel lower than needing others. That was a lesson she had learned quickly following the death of her parents at the hands of one of Gothic's numerous mad men.

The world would do its best to make you feel as poorly about yourself as you could. Fate would put you in positions that would test your moral strength and stretch your resolve. You should never give anybody the opportunity to make you feel less than what you are.

Emmy was a survivor.

She hunched into the worn, faded leather of a jacket that was several sizes too large for her as she watched from the second level of a fire escape. This particular stretch of street in one of Gothic's main avenues was host to many high tier stores.

She'd found over the years that people with ample amounts of money held onto that money by being stingy when it came to everybody else. And she couldn't blame them. Her parents had had ample amounts of money and they had filtered it all back into their foundations for the city.

When they had died, all that was left had gone to the surgery that saved her life. She still had light scars crisscrossing over the right side of her abdomen and down her right leg. After that, there hadn't been a cent left over for her.

She caught sight of one man in particular. She noted his muscles, hidden well beneath his suit and fine trenchcoat. He probably worked out. Probably had a dumb personal trainer. He probably paid enough for his shoes alone to feed her for a year.

She saw the slight chain of a wallet peeking out as his coat swayed in the wind, and she knew that she'd found her target for the night. The wallet itself would probably fetch a pretty penny. Maybe if she was lucky she could get enough to buy food for herself and for Mr. Whiskers, the little black and white kitten that she'd found starved half to death the other night.

Emmy knew that taking him in would go against her better judgment, but she couldn't turn such a pitiful creature away. Not the way that she'd been turned away from multiple foster homes, and conveniently forgotten by the citizens of Gothic City, whom her parents had given so much for.

Nimbly jumping down from the fire escape, she began shuffling through people on the streets. It was always interesting to her just how far people would go to avoid acknowledging that which made them uncomfortable.

Namely, a little girl, without parents and in ill-fitting clothes.

Continuing to move through the crowd, she purposefully stumbled, falling into the man she'd targeted. "So sorry, sir, please excuse me," she muttered, never making eye contact as her clever little fingers reached for his wallet.

It was a skill she had perfected over years. Nobody could lift a wallet quite like Emmy - without rustling the clothing even a millimeter, and without her fingers making any kind of contact.

LunaHawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_glacier_:

What about non-vigilante engineered by a god super warriors with bird wings/senses and a white lantern ring?