Gothic Burns

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for valerie_huntington
Valerie_Huntington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@amaranth:

Hellfire Club, Upper East Side, New York

A tangible silence crept through the Hellfire Club's empty hallways, filled with the suspended tension for the coming war. They knew the dawning of battle would come at any day, but, until that day, they were left in a state of anxious awaiting.

Valerie had gathered the entirety of her internationally-allocated Inner Circle, each one of the powerful businessmen, ambassadors or aristocrats all lodging patiently within the Upper East Side estate while waiting for the start of war. From the outside, the Inner Circle appeared to be nothing more than a collection of wealthy and influential individuals. But, from the inside, it was known that the possession of the mutant gene ran a common link through the indomitable group.

Luxuriating leisurely atop an opulent chaise lounge, Valerie brought a glowing cigarette to her lips with an unconcerned air surrounding her scantily-clad body. The White Queen, whose supple figure donned only her infamous white corset, thong, heels and furred-cape, had seemed to escape the surmounting pressure for events to come, her persona as charmed and unaffected as ever.

Across the room an attractive young man, no older than his late-twenties, paced endlessly back-and-forth in front of the cackling fireplace, his hands clasped apprehensively behind his back. There was a cleverness to his steely grey eyes, tainted by their agitation, and a refinement to his movements that displayed an understanding beyond his youthful age, not unlike to Valerie herself.

"You seem rather untroubled, Valerie. This war will change everything - no matter the outcome," he remarked coolly, his intense gaze meeting her as he stopped pacing at last.

She regarded his comment vaguely, taking another puff from her cigarette before responding with haughty composure. "You worry too much, darling. We've been destined to win this war since the dawn of mutantkind. It's only a matter of time."

Only moments after her response, Amaranth's voice was inside her head, delivering one simple message in so many words: It was time.

Rising from her seat, the cigarette in the White Queen's fingers was suddenly incinerated by a single burning flame. Aiming her icy gaze at the man across from her, she ignited the plan that had been set months ago in preparation for this moment. "Gather the rest of the Inner Circle. We leave for Gothic City immediately."

Gothic City

Amid the chaos of the ensuing battles of war, dozens of Hellfire Club members appeared from thin air, all teleported thanks to the abilities of one Inner Circle member. The league of lethal aristocrats, each possessing their own personal mutant abilities with ranging levels of power, moved tactfully through the city's labyrinth of dejected streets, utilizing their plethora of superhuman abilities and mastered combat skills to strike down any human opposition standing in their way.

From above the towering skyline of Gothic City, amid the vast blanket of blue sky, Valerie Huntington-Whiteley appeared in a brilliant flash of fiery light. Her blonde hair floated around her in all its heavenly glamour, as if the air around the omega mutant had managed to defy gravity as she did. Her entire body remained enveloped in a coat of blazing flames, the fire burning away her White Queen attire to reveal a new white ensemble, embellished with a a gold phoenix emblem across her body. As the flames burned away her old attire, they grew out and away from her body, the radiant orange light took the shape of a pair of massive, fiery wings, before fully forming into the burning body of the Phoenix Force.

No Caption Provided

The intense flames of the Phoenix raged overwhelmingly over Gothic City, its cosmic power radiating with the potency of the sun's rays from its hosts body. Valerie hovered with disdain over the humans below her, ready to end this war before it could truly begin.

With the power of the Phoenix only excelling her omega-level telepathy, Valerie projected her mental voice to countless minds below her. "Homo sapiens, your reign on this Earth has come to an end. Mutants - Homo superiors - have been selected by nature itself to win this war as an act of providence," she warned with venom laced in her icy tone, the fiery light of the Phoenix burning without any waver in intensity as she telepathically spoke.

From her perch above the city she raised a single open-palmed hand, a glowing spark of cosmic energy and fire growing in her hand, threatening to erupt in a devastatingly-powerful blast over the human warriors throughout Gothic City. "Accept your place in the natural order - or die trying to deny it."

(Ignore the man lol.)

Troy_Walker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 1

#203  Edited By Pyrogram
Avatar image for dark_vengeance_
Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204  Edited By Dark_Vengeance_

@troy_walker:

Stark and I teaming up against Brahma Bull

Champion arrived and called for Sha, and I think he is going after Valerie.

Troy_Walker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205  Edited By Troy_Walker

@dark_vengeance_: Still doesn't cover things that happen with Amaranth, or some other RPGer's.

Antonia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206  Edited By Antonia
Troy_Walker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for emperor_von_doom
Emperor_von_Doom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@antonia:

So do you want to kick the tar out of Freeman? :P

@valerie_huntington:

You have NO idea how tempted I am to post against you as Doom -_-

Antonia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209  Edited By Antonia

@emperor_von_doom: At this point, it's up to you. She wouldn't be opposed to it by any means.

No Caption Provided

Antonia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@antonia: ....And I want to fight Antonia too >.> I'll end up fighting everybody in this damn rpg XD

Avatar image for thisisgonnahurt
ThisIsGonnaHurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#212  Edited By ThisIsGonnaHurt
Avatar image for thisisgonnahurt
ThisIsGonnaHurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Strigidae_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214  Edited By Strigidae_23
Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215  Edited By Pyrogram
_Avatar_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Valerie_Huntington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for killer_instinct
Killer_Instinct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218  Edited By Killer_Instinct
Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220  Edited By Pyrogram
Avatar image for killer_instinct
Killer_Instinct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Antonia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222  Edited By Antonia

@pyrogram: Hm....Nah, I'm finished with you.

@valerie_huntington: I wish I had an altruist to fight you with.

If only Abigail weren't so repressed....I'd go for it just because.
I'd probably still go for it. Masochism...

Valerie_Huntington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_avatar_: (Looking forward to it >:))

@strigidae_23: (Thank you! I've been anxious for this RPG for a long time now lol.)

Emperor_von_Doom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Strigidae_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225  Edited By Strigidae_23

@valerie_huntington: [ The wait was long but we're off to a great start. Some awesome posts and we're only just starting! ]

_Stretch_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226  Edited By _Stretch_

Gothic city prison

The prison itself was a pocket of chaos which almost seemed separated from the worse chaos outside of it's brick walls. Fire licked the destruction and screams made the air tense. It was as if hell had erupted out of the ground and Gothic was already it's first poor victim. Heroes rose up towards the villains that came crashing down like rain made of fire...But then there was Danny Havik.

He was young, selfish, foolish and especially greedy. This is what led him to literally come rocketing out of the sky and plant his feet right against the face of an already fighting guard. "Don't mind if I peak around, do ya?" The boy grinned and turned to the guard who caught sight of him, already drawing his pistol and taking shots.

The distance between them was luckily just enough fro Stretch to throw his arms up and deflect the led off of his rubber skin, bullets flying in random directions. That attacker however didn't even get to finish off his clip before getting tackled down by some inmates, then beaten. "...Eeeesh guys...Jeez.."

Back on the move, all entrances were no match for his slender frame. There was only one glorious room he had in mind, what brought him to this very prison. The personal possessions lockup storage, an overlooked goldmine filled with weapons and all other sorts of technology from Gothic's plethora of harsh criminals. The worth was in the millions, and Stretch was going to attain those millions while everyone else squabbled in the chaos, feeling like some sort of sneaky genius.

The vault, bottom floor. A tall blockade standing between a determined mutant and his loot, one that would fall soon enough. "Start your GODDAMN ENGINNNNNNNNNNNES!" Stretch couldn't help but grin while cracking his knuckles, taking some good footing before throwing his fists against the vault door.

*CLANG...CLANG.....CLANG..CLANG..CLANG CLANG...CLANG CLANG CLANG....CLANG CLANG CLANGCLANG CLANG CLANGCLANG CLANG CLANGCLANG CLANG CLANGCLANG CLANG CLANGCLANG CLANG CLANGCLANG CLANG CLANGCLANG CLANG CLANGCLANG CLANG CLANGCLANG CLANG CLANGCLANG CLANG CLANGCLANG CLANG CLANGCLANG CLANG CLANGCLANG CLANG CLANGCLANG CLANG CLANGCLANG CLANG CLANGCLANGCLANGCLANGCLANGCLANGCLANGCLANGCLANGCLANGCLANGCLANGCLANGCLANGCLANGCLANGCLANGCLANGCLANGCLANGCLANGCLANGCLANGCLANGCLANGCLANGCLANGCLANGCLANGCLANGCLANGCLANGCLANGCLANGCLANGCLANGCLANGCLANGCLANGCLANGCLANGCLANGCLANGCLANGCLANGCLANGCLANGCLANG*

It didn't take long before those pain immune fists turned into blurs, stretching and retracting like jack hammers ten times over. His arms actually became nothing but blurs soon enough, the entire vault door started to rumble in and out. Though it wasn't his objective to knock the door off it's hinges, the more delicate insides would give away soon enough...Soon.

No Caption Provided

Valerie_Huntington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@valerie_huntington: You know you've lost your elegance and grace when you use a Gif which resembles Clara Mass' face.

Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229  Edited By Dark_Vengeance_

@strigidae_23: Can I participate in multiple battles or is all of this happening at the same time?

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@antonia: Hmm...Still gonna attack you...Well I would, but the only feasible character I have left would be would be Myrmidon and that's too unfair on Antonia, considering you've got more people fighting you too.

Troy_Walker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_stretch_: We need to meet. I'm on my way to the prison.

Antonia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232  Edited By Antonia

@pyrogram: Her conscience is gonna be beating her enough without adding to the pile.

Emperor_von_Doom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm so confused x_x

Everyone is posting everything everywhere x_x

Strigidae_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234  Edited By Strigidae_23

@dark_vengeance_: If you want to fight in more than one battle that's completely between you and the person you're battling. Its fine with me, I'd just caution to be careful about taking on too many commitments but the only one that knows your posting speed is you.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235  Edited By Pyrogram

@antonia: Don't worry; she can blame it all on Cormac....Brainwash him into thinking he done it and live happily ever after :D :P

Cormac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236  Edited By Cormac

@strigidae_100: @thee_champion

Violently blasted away by the Martial Art Mauler’s savage attack, the Quantum Wolf landed a few meters away with a large thud as he smashed into a wall, drenched in his own blood and the debris of the encompassing area which had been pulverised by the sheer ferocity of the explosion. The Metallic Mauler lethargically opened his weary eyes as the sight of his elephantine opponent sent a feeling of pure indignation and anger to pulsate through his veins. Charging the Perilous Pendragon with the mindless desire to tear his opponent limb from limb…

…. “Ugh” The Knightfall Abomination gargled as he spat out some blood onto the dusty floor, “Lucky shot…” his eyes gleamed with a warriors glow, his facial features almost non-existent as the blast had literally tore away all the flesh upon his rugged face…Rendering Cormac to look inhuman, a ghastly image of red muscle tissue was the only thing veiling Cormac’s Trion skeletal structure from the imposing Strigidae’s view.

Cormac stood; his fists clenched with a controlled anger knowing it would be foolish to lose all control in light of forfeiting much of his cognitive reasoning if truly angered.

Instead, Cormac pounced forwards with the speed of a bullet, the agility of the words best gymnast and the heart of a King; he would not rest this day, at least, not until his opponent’s head lay a foot way from its body. Charging forwards, deceptively zig-zagging from left to right prior to bursting into his initial attack, attempting to aggressively slash across of his opponents chest with a single slash from his right hand, spinning his hip around and generating more momentum, he swung back with his left hand, attempting to horizontally slash across of the man’s face, his blades would taste the man’s blood... They were calling for it.

Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strigidae_23:

It's spring break and I've been on my computer all day long, my speed doesn't matter. lol

Valerie_Huntington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Strigidae_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Valerie_Huntington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strigidae_23:

You really couldn't have made this event on a better week for me, I have an entire week to kick your ass back to heidelberg man.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Emperor_von_Doom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@valerie_huntington:

No Caption Provided

Okay, seriously, stop hyping me up for this! CV is just going to eat my post again xD

Strigidae_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245  Edited By Strigidae_23

@dark_vengeance_: [ I'm a woman :-pYou think you'll last a week? Well we all have dreams. ]

Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strigidae_23: I know that, it was an evolution joke. Also, cue for a" that's what she said joke". Yes, I will last a week but you won't survive this.

Troy_Walker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247  Edited By Troy_Walker
No Caption Provided

Gothic City

Sprinting through the city at record speed to find his father, running past the corrupt, the desperate, and the attackers, he'd finally reached it. Before him lay the Gothic City Prison, a large facility which despite its enormous size struggled to house the 'scum' of Gothic City. They were many, but he knew exactly where to look. My father's in here, I won't allow this war to take him from me. Troy walked into the prison, the guards either having run for their lives in the evacuation Kurt, the commissioner had ordered, or having been beaten by another man who'd seemed to have come before him.

Convicts screamed, begging Troy to let them out. I can't, I can't save them all. They don't deserve this, there is no redemption for the dead. He walked through the long hallway, each prisoner reaching out to grab him, all marked by numbers. That's all they are, just numbers... they could have family, like my father. They don't deserve this death. He began to break into a jog, advancing towards his father's cell on the end of the long hallway, the sounds of the outside world muffled by the shouts of the damned.

Strigidae_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dark_vengeance_: [Gotcha.Oh I'll survive. But I can't say the same for you and your city. ]

Valerie_Huntington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Beremud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthony_stark:

Disrupt their efforts. Far easier said than done... Gunther mused morosely as the call ended. As he donned his armor, he considered the situation further. The forces attacking Gothic certainly had the advantage of numbers and initiative, at least for the time being. It was also clear, from what scattered reports he'd received, that this was no unorganized riot; it was an organized and disciplined attack that obviously had tactically sound leadership behind it.

His own "forces," by comparison, were really little more than street gangs he managed to keep a leash on. They had little to no discipline to speak of, and Gunther himself was certainly no military strategist. They were not without advantages, though. They were all possessed of metahuman abilities, albeit relatively low-powered ones. Their greatest asset, however, would be their home-field advantage; each and every one of them had grown up on the hard streets of the city, and they knew its back alleys and rat-holes as well as he knew his own office. The Wolf, while certainly no battlefield general, was as clever and ruthless an urban predator as he had ever known, and he had little doubt that she would use their limited advantages to their fullest potential. This was fortunate, as Gunther had no intention of taking to the streets and "leading the troops" himself.

There was, however, one card he had left to play at this stage of the game. Reaching beneath the collar of his shirt, he pulled forth an odd pendant, little more than a piece of rough quartz on a string, at the heart of which seemed to swirl an ominous darkness. Holding the quartz between thumb and forefinger, he closed his eyes and spoke softly to it: "My lord, forgive my intrusion, but your servant's need is great. I humbly request the services of your Retriever."